FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:42 am

Post by FaerieLord »

I'm not going to call you out on it. I was going to do it pretty soon myself. Now, onto better things

Vote: Manito

ALL BY MYSEEEEELF... DON'T WANNA BE...

Manito - 1 (FaerieLord)

Not Voting - armlx, Joubert, killa seven, SpyreX, Gimbo, Firestarter, CF Riot, Corinthian, LaptopGun, Knight of Cydonia, ShadowGirl, dcorbe, Manito, Bogre

15 alive, 8 to lynch.

-Mod
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'll be the first to start this new day off right. Oddly enough, my suspicions (if Forbid was actually town) lie on... all three people who happened to not vote.

I've gotten into why a little bit, but later on I'll post more in detail.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I don't think it's as black and white as that, SpyreX. Looking at it as "You didn't vote because you wanted to avoid people looking at you!" can go on into a WIFOM chain long enough to tow the Earth back form the Medusa Cascade. If fl had been playing normally as opposed to a crap, one-dimensional complete-lack-of-defence, then we could look at the votes to see what's what. As it is, she probably fooled as many townies as she made goons happy. For now, based on yesterday, I will FoS Killa7, simply because he quite happily went completely AWOL while forbiddan dug herself a deeper and deeper hole, turning up only when it was a near certainty she would be lynched.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:17 am

Post by armlx »

I'm currently leaning CF Riot or Firestarter, rereading is needed tho.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Firestarter »

killa seven wrote:ive allready stated what i think of self voting if your town.
so dont self hammer, thanks. unless your scum ;)
Gimbo wrote:Ok....curiosity is really getting the best of me and its not often that I get to hammer.

let's find out forbid, shall we?

saw, wrench, screwdriver and HAMMER!
Vote:forbiddanlight
, reveal yourself!
Gimbo wrote:shit
3 quotes that have my blood boiling.....

Killa, you come out of the woodwork just before FL is hammered, coincidence??? I dont know, but you were also called out by me in a previous post to that, me thinks lurking/reading was going on without as much as a comment on developments.
FoS: K7

Gimbo, your posts really reek of scum...
First you seem to give the reasoning that you were gonna hammer "because you never did it before" and then afterwards you say "shit".....

Thats Bollocks, and is scumbag play on so many levels. I mean, to come into thread after contributing hardly anything in a while, you lay a hammer down without as much as reason.....

You didn't add any reasoning after I asked for people not to hammer without having a reread, I'd have expected Scum to do what you did, and its exactly what I think you are, after your recent 2 posts.

VOTE: GIMBO

Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Gimbo »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I don't think it's as black and white as that, SpyreX. Looking at it as "You didn't vote because you wanted to avoid people looking at you!" can go on into a WIFOM chain long enough to tow the Earth back form the Medusa Cascade. If fl had been playing normally as opposed to a crap, one-dimensional complete-lack-of-defence, then we could look at the votes to see what's what. As it is, she probably fooled as many townies as she made goons happy. For now, based on yesterday, I will FoS Killa7, simply because he quite happily went completely AWOL while forbiddan dug herself a deeper and deeper hole, turning up only when it was a near certainty she would be lynched.
OMFG! you just watched Journey's End!! PM me spoilers PLEASE!!!
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Gimbo »

Firestarter wrote: You didn't add any reasoning after I asked for people not to hammer without having a reread.
and who the hell are u mister? u're pissed cuz i was the hammer vote and fl is town, its not my fault! had she flip scum, you'd be thanking me rite now
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

KoC,

I might have worded that poorly. Not because they didn't vote, but BEFORE then I had suspicions on them all and, oddly enough, none of them also voted. I thought that was interesting enough to warrant mention.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Firestarter »

If your suggesting that Im pissed because
YOU
hammered before me, then I'd consider that laughable...

I could have hammered at some point today, but I didn't because I got town vibes from FL through our exchange. It might do you some to actually go back & check through that now.

However, and whether you do bother to back & check through, its too late to amend anything youve posted today.
Instead you opted for the hammer with a quite ridiculous reason...
Gimbo wrote:u're pissed cuz i was the hammer vote and fl is town, its not my fault! had she flip scum, you'd be thanking me rite now
On the contrary, if you had of posted sensible reasoning, and then hammered that would be quite different to what you actually did.
I doubt it very much we'd be having this discussion right now.

As for claiming its not your fault becuse FL is dead...
If you were town, you would not have placed that hammer when you did, there was no rush, no deadline, no limit to think.
Im not having "its not my fault"... I believe you to be scum, end of...
('') (':') ('')
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Firestarter »

SpyreX wrote:KoC,

I might have worded that poorly. Not because they didn't vote, but BEFORE then I had suspicions on them all and, oddly enough, none of them also voted. I thought that was interesting enough to warrant mention.
I guess Im included in that bunch, considering I retracted my vote after my exchange with FL....
Ill look forward to hearing your earlier suspicions.

@SpyreX

What do make of GIMBO's posts prior to and after FL's death, 319 & 324?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 am

Okay, from what I've read of Gimbo (Yes, I got quite bored, so I went back and dug up some meta) the louder, more arsey, and less coherent he posts get, the more likely he is to be scum. So, by that reasoning:
Vote: Gimbo

For a poorly-reasoned hammer (although others may have done the same, but at least they'd give reasons), and because he's been really scummy after that.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Gimbo »

ok, what I do not understand is how a post with the sole word 'shit' after fl flipped town and I was the hammer vote suddenly make me scummy to firestarter :)
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Firestarter »

Gimbo wrote:ok, what I do not understand is how a post with the sole word 'shit' after fl flipped town and I was the hammer vote suddenly make me scummy to firestarter :)
Did you ignore the part where I said.. "posts" prior to and after FL's death?

I dont like your response at all...
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Gimbo »

don't worry, neither do I ;]
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Gimbo wrote:don't worry, neither do I ;]
WTF?
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Well Gimbo just went up a few ticks on my scum radar. Question to people who played with him before: Is he normally such a joker? Seems scummy to me.

Anyhow, I can't believe FL was town. I wasn't ready to hammer because I wanted to see wht else would happen. However, her later posts, basically the last 4 before she got hammered, DID seem to be genuine. I imagine that she would still be alive if she had immediately talked like that when confronted by Killa7.

Speaking of whom, I believe we need to focus on him. I was not thrilled with his newest response. Rehashing your old argument. Lovely. But the situation change and yet you stick by it. You imagine everyone else thinks your points, regardless of validity, are fine enough. Or perhaps you think we are all mind readers or can interprete what you would say without new input with you. I'm being flipant, but come on and speak up. You don't put up with a cheeseburger that's been reheated a couple times by a resturant when you place an order, do you?

I am not sure whether to consider him a lurker. What I do know is Killa has been obvious in his absence. Distancing himself from he FL wagon? Too busy schedule in his "real life?" Not wanting to deal with people asking him a ton of questions about his behavior and hope things blow over? I got no clue, but I think he needs to do some talking.

FOS Killa 7
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Bogre »

We need to look at those who hopped on the wagon, positions like 5-9, IMO.

It was too quick for my liking.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Manito »

FaerieLord wrote:I'm not going to call you out on it. I was going to do it pretty soon myself. Now, onto better things

Preemptive OMGUS? I think I've made it pretty clear in my posts that you're awfully suspicious.

Now the person who "rarely votes" casts the first vote after lynch, and without any sort of precursor or evidence? Not to mention that the statement that he was going to "do it pretty soon" (implying he was going to hammer fl).

Anyone else think that is seriously bogus??
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by killa seven »

Bogre wrote:We need to look at those who hopped on the wagon, positions like 5-9, IMO.

its k7 and i didnt "hop on"
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by armlx »

Yeah,
Vote Firestarter
. Full case soon, but the major thing I saw was the distancing from the lynch towards the end.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Alrighty, here we go. I've got some serious suspects at the moment.

The Not-Voters: FaerieLord, LaptopGun, Firestarter

FaerieLord

Faerie has been "active" but the PbA sure dont hide this business:
Forbiddan, I have the power of the vote here, and you're not looking pretty. So do this for me. Post who you think is scummy and give reasons why. For the record, saying "He attacked me" will not cut it. It will only make me use bold tags. Thank you Smile
I'm just saying that I don't want to open up cases about other people until forbiddan light is dealt with.
If you (town in general) think the best way to deal with her is a lynch, I'll happily oblige
. But if you think there is a better route, I'll post my cases

2) Get used to it. By now you should know that I rarely vote. But since this is nightless, it looks like I will have to.
I'm not going to call you out on it. I was going to do it pretty soon myself. Now, onto better things

So, after pushing on the Forbidden lynch, but never voting (because they rarely vote) very quickly a vote is placed on Manito. I dont like this at all.

Also, these two posts strike me as bad for different reasons:
I'm having trouble what to obey right now...
Common Sense or Gut.
- This is so noncommittal (especially since neither is explained) ESPECIALLY after the fact no vote was EVER placed day one.
You were complaining that not posting up the cases was scummy, so I posted them, and you are still complaining?
It was, at least to me, an obvious overreaction since it would have been impossible to hammer Faerie. Why overreact this much?

Feeling - Likely Scum.

Firestarter

I've talked some about Firestarter already, especially in regards to the lynch before it happened. A lot of Firestarters case felt off but, at least he DID place a vote even though he removed it.

Now, I honestly haven't played enough to get a good read on Gimbo, but from what I HAVE played with him I would not be surprised at all if, as town, he came in and saw he got to hammer and did it. The "shit" post also makes sense to me in that context.

I also, for whatever reason, dont like the move directly to K7/Gimbo. There's other things going on and other directions to look as well. I dont like Gimbo's play in 319 & 324, but I dont know if its enough alone to build a case on.

Feelings - 50/50

LaptopGun

Ok... I dont like Laptop's play. The majority of his posting have been BARELY related to the game at hand (clarification of a meta issue).

Having NEVER placed a vote except for a random at the start on Firestarter really bothers me. Especially with this post:
Seems incredibly likely FL is scum.
I've never been comfortable with kila7. I don't see much reason behind their actions. I don't see a possibility BESIDES that one or the both were gambling. Gambling for what? I think FL really wanted to attract agressive players. kila seems to have wanted to get a better sense of other people and a proverbial shot across the bow would appear to be an interesting course of action. And Hell, they both could be mafia who staged that discussion to try to set up a mislynch. I've said that sounds stupidly suicidal (and the rancore of evryone didnt seem staged either).
With that not putting a vote down REALLY bothers me. Especially in conjunction with the fact starting day two its been... K7/Gimbo again.

Feelings - Likely Lurker Scum

Others I have questions about at this point in time:

* - Gimbo. Of COURSE he's going to take some flak for that play. The way the push has been coming makes me wonder about the reasons the others have pushed. I, still, think he's town but lord the gameplay has went down since the lynch.
* - Joubert. 5 posts this entire game. He feels like he makes the half-cases and sees if anyone else is going to run with them. Also his "I suspect I'll be thought of as scummy for my little amount of posts" statement REALLY bothers me. Not to mention the position and, honestly, lack of reasoning for his vote on Forbidden.
* - K7. Lurking a bit too much. Again, I still think he's town but I would like more out of him.
* - Bogre. It doesn't strike me right to say to look for scum positionally on a lynch he wasn't even willing to step up and be a part of.

Woo, that's a lot of words, but lets end it with the good stuff.

Unvote
Vote: FaerieLord

Between the "I dont vote often" then voting for Manito, pushing for a lynch you never actually voted for AND "I'll do what the town says" AND not posting information because they didn't want to "muddle" the discussion (which led to a lynch they obviously distanced themselves from) I dont like.

FYI - Even if forbid WAS scum I'd still have my vote here. This play is scummy either way.
Show

Proud member of BaM
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Manito wrote:Preemptive OMGUS? I think I've made it pretty clear in my posts that you're awfully suspicious.
I've been saying I don't like you since my first real post
Manito wrote: and without any sort of precursor or evidence?
I posted a case on you
SpyreX wrote:So, after pushing on the Forbidden lynch, but never voting (because they rarely vote) very quickly a vote is placed on Manito. I dont like this at all.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure about Manito, thus the vote.
SpyreX wrote:- This is so noncommittal (especially since neither is explained) ESPECIALLY after the fact no vote was EVER placed day one.
It's pretty simple. I could have either voted for Forbiddan since common sense stated that she was scummy or I could have followed my gut and not voted for her.
SpyreX wrote:It was, at least to me, an obvious overreaction since it would have been impossible to hammer Faerie. Why overreact this much?
Where did I ever mention a hammer? Also, it's not an over reaction. I cannot see where you see that.
SpyreX wrote:"I'll do what the town says" AND not posting information because they didn't want to "muddle" the discussion (which led to a lynch they obviously distanced themselves from) I dont like.
This kinna annoys me. I have two posts full of information to digest, one of which has 3 PbPas and people are saying I didn't post information.

Also, yes, I did distance myself to a certain extent. Now that you understand my common sense vs gut vote, you can see why.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Manito »

You posted a case on me?

If you call summarizing my posts without offering any real opinions (outside of "I think this is scummy/not scummy) a case, I'd hate to be in your courtroom...

It's funny that you're "pretty" sure on me, with all this amazing "evidence" you seem to have fabricated in your head, yet when there was pages upon pages of discussion about fobiddanlight that had you so non-committal even though your "common sense stated she was scummy". Which are you following in your vote for me - common sense or your gut?

What's worse, we come full circle to you NOT voting on forbiddanlight after much supposed deliberation on your part, yet you immediately vote for me after she's lynched - even though you've repeatedly stated that you rarely vote?

I'll say this one more time, since it doesn't seem to be getting through to you - your two posts "full of information to digest" are devoid of CONTENT - they're gut feelings largely based on personal taste and emotion rather than logic or reason - you may think they have all this information about people in them, but that information is only valid to YOU because it's all based off of how YOU feel, and not at all on the actual information being presented by individuals...

You seem to be putting on a facade, acting like a scum hunter, but you won't vote when you feel you have the evidence - and when you're attacked, you're obviously quick to vote against your attacker, rather than defending yourself, which just looks like an attempt to point the finger elsewhere.
Stop laying low, being non-committal, and base your posts less on emotion and more on fact, and maybe we'll have reason not to suspect you...

Right now, your attitude and erratic behavior (acting one way, but claiming your normal is another) are more than enough to justify my vote...

Vote: FaerieLord
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:35 am

We need to look at those who hopped on the wagon, positions like 5-9, IMO.

Um... what? Considering the scummy looking players we have elsewhere, I think a policy lynch based on who voted last isn't such a good idea.
It's funny that you're "pretty" sure on me, with all this amazing "evidence" you seem to have fabricated in your head, yet when there was pages upon pages of discussion about fobiddanlight that had you so non-committal even though your "common sense stated she was scummy". Which are you following in your vote for me - common sense or your gut?
A little personal at the end, but it's a good point. There was a lot more conclusive-looking evidence against fl than there ever has been against Manito - the only problem I can see is that, yes, early on, he did parrot other's opinions. Could just be he was agreeing anyway, could be trying to get an easy lynch, but if we voted anyone who agreed with someone else, we'd never lynch anyone.
FaerieLord wrote: This kinna annoys me. I have two posts full of information to digest, one of which has 3 PbPas and people are saying I didn't post information.

Also, yes, I did distance myself to a certain extent. Now that you understand my common sense vs gut vote, you can see why.
Like Manito says, all of these opinions and much of the information boils down to "Oh, I have a bad feeling about him" - looking through, it reads more like a wall of text than anything coherent or useful.

Right now, I'm torn between FL, Gimbo and K7. FL has gone kind of schizo in regards to his earlier comments about how he "rarely votes", but apparently his common sense beat his gut up, or something, because he'll vote now. Gimbo's hammer was... excited, but it might just be he doesn't get to hammer an awful lot. Pretty much all his posts are easy to take as scum or over-eager town, which makes it hard to judge him. And K7, simply for his part in the forbiddan fiasco, and the way he went to ground as soon as the lynch looked certain - and look, he's popped back up now that things don't look so dicey, and he can hide behind this FL/Manito gig.
For now, I'll
unvote
, simply because I'm not sure which of you is scummier.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:11 am

Post by CF Riot »

Players to watch.

*Gimbo: I disagree with a Gimbo
vote
purely on the context of the Forbid lynch being based on play that could be scum OR poor town, and it being a mislynch. Gimbo's main suspiciousness comes from that same type of play, and I don't want to be wrong for the same reasons again. However, he is suspicious enough to continue being inspected.

*Killa Seven: He was my original vote and like I said, I will continue to suspect him now that Forbid has been proven town. Posts like this:
killa seven wrote:its k7 and i didnt "hop on"
Riot Added Text: No defense for accusations against him or new input.
after being questioned for lurking, and the prelynch post bother me. It seems to me like the entire town would like more K7 posting. (And I am also slightly interested to see if SpyreX will need to be adding to his signature soon.)

*Firestarter: A FoS from me earlier in the game, never followed up on because of lack of time and the Forbid wagon. A reread is necessary, and I will be watching all of his new posts closely.

*FaerieLord/Manito: They are the current big issue. Hadn't felt much suspicion of either one before this point, but because of the head to head posting and their position in the spotlight, I will do a reread of both to form an opinion.

My vote returns to its pre-Forbid position.
Vote: Killa Seven

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”