He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2373, Farkran wrote:@SS still waiting on this
Oh, sorry.
1. I don't think that's how the math works? If we look at past setups, the occurrences of town backup neighborizer + scum loyal neighborizer are zero, so you can't say the roles occur together frequently. And "backup without the original" is more common than "mafia loyal neighborizer."

2. 3 scum is a LOT different from 2 scum + traitor. The setup already has two masons and an even-night neapolitan, all of whom can be cleared on setup spec, and the neapolitan might get a result as well. That's too much for a traitor, especially given scum would have to have no other investigative or roleblocking power.

3. I mean... if there's a traitor scum probably have it narrowed down to a few people, and town apathy is common and this game has been apathetic since it started, and plus, scum have to lynch SOMEONE, it's not like they can win by sitting back and getting town to NL six times in a row. I think this theory is very remote.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2374, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 2366, Flubbernugget wrote:FBI agent
SK isn't allowed in a mini normal, so hopefully FBI agent wouldn't make it through review.
I could have sworn I've seen it once before

Maybe it was in a theme
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2372, Farkran wrote:
In post 2367, Flubbernugget wrote:So does anyone think fark is a scum loyal neighborizer and that's why they're so adamant on there being a traitor?
Can you elaborate on why i would do that?
Seems to be a pretty natural place for the idea to come from
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:33 am

In post 2376, Flubbernugget wrote:I could have sworn I've seen it once before

Maybe it was in a theme
They used to be allowed, it must have been a couple years ago.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Originally I wanted to lynch through rabid, pp, and egix for a solve but now I feel like I need to add fark to that. Somethings gotta go
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:36 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I guess I'd be ok lynching through rabid, pp, and fark
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:41 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

I still need to read fark's scum game, and that's not happening until after Thanksgiving. But regarding the claim - I don't see much town motivation for making the claim, but I don't see
any
scum motivation to do so. I don't buy that a vote from S_S put scum!fark in such a panic that he invented that as a fakeclaim, or outed his role if he's scum. IMO the claim is slightly townie. Also, the fact that we have no evidence of a neighborhood lends some credence to the loyal/traitor theory. I don't recall ever seeing someone draw neighborizer and then just not use it. It's usually pretty useless, but still people like to use their powers.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2375, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2373, Farkran wrote:@SS still waiting on this
Oh, sorry.
1. I don't think that's how the math works? If we look at past setups, the occurrences of town backup neighborizer + scum loyal neighborizer are zero, so you can't say the roles occur together frequently. And "backup without the original" is more common than "mafia loyal neighborizer."

2. 3 scum is a LOT different from 2 scum + traitor. The setup already has two masons and an even-night neapolitan, all of whom can be cleared on setup spec, and the neapolitan might get a result as well. That's too much for a traitor, especially given scum would have to have no other investigative or roleblocking power.

3. I mean... if there's a traitor scum probably have it narrowed down to a few people, and town apathy is common and this game has been apathetic since it started, and plus, scum have to lynch SOMEONE, it's not like they can win by sitting back and getting town to NL six times in a row. I think this theory is very remote.
1. Sorry, that was not what i meant - i meant to say that backup <anything> and universal backups are fairly common in normal setups, whereas the traitor modifier is much rarer. I never said that the roles occur together frequently. I meant to say that we have a larger sample of backup modifiers compared to traitors, so i don't think it is fair to measure the "backup without main" ratio VS "neighborizer + traitor" ratio with such a small sample of traitor setups.

2. Yes, 3 scum is a LOT different than 2 scum + traitor. I agree that it makes the scum team much weaker, and if we happened to lynch the mafia nbrz, the game would have been slightly more townsided, but not that much - my new ability would be to talk to people privately, without any investigative potential given that i'd not be loyal. However, consider the contrary: if we don't lynch the neighborizer, the town power force is composed of 2 masons + 1 even-night neap + named townie. Looking at the recent archives of 13p Normals (see below), town is consistently stronger than that. Plus, we have no idea what modifiers could be attached to the traitor. He could be a multitasking rolecop/doctor/anything for what we know.

3. It's not like scum wouldn't lynch out of fear of taking out the traitor, just that they would also keep their eyes open as opposed to lynch anything that moves like they would do in a more standardized game. I would think that they would speculate in their PT who could or could not be their hidden ally rather than doing stuff at random - of course, in the end they have to push against someone and that's probably what happened against garmr for him to accumulate that many votes so quickly.

Town power force in recent 13p Normals

2 mason + 1 voyeur + 1 loyal fruit vendor VS 2 goons + 1 complex fruit vendor
2 mason + 1 bulletproof IC + 1 even-night detective VS 1 mafia informed + 1 odd-night vanilla cop + goon
1 jk + 1 miller odd-night loyal neighborizer + 1 cop + 1 ascetic 1-shot bulletproof VS 2 goons + rolecop
2 neighbors + 3 masons + 1 loud indecisive doctor VS 2 goons + 1 loud traffic analyst
1 watcher + 1 disloyal vigilante + 1 town informed + 1 3-shot loyal neighborizer + 1 JOAT (voyeur, follower, tracker) VS 1 mafia informed + 2 goons + 1 traitor

The list goes on, but i mean look at that power force. 2 masons + 1 even-night nea + 1 named townie is shit compared to those examples.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2377, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 2372, Farkran wrote:
In post 2367, Flubbernugget wrote:So does anyone think fark is a scum loyal neighborizer and that's why they're so adamant on there being a traitor?
Can you elaborate on why i would do that?
Seems to be a pretty natural place for the idea to come from
So, do you think i would be leading a bus on sheeps d2 into fakeclaiming a named townie today when we were probably going to do what i have been suggesting since d2 start aka lynching PP, all the while i was out the suggested PoE?

I mean i get that a lot of you people think i am bad and/or stupid, but again, this is less than a firstgamer skill level if coming from scum. As town, honestly i thought i could help by narrowing a lynchpool which was kinda too large to get us safely to lylo. I was wrong, but there's no turning back on that.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:02 am

In post 2382, Farkran wrote:The list goes on, but i mean look at that power force. 2 masons + 1 even-night nea + 1 named townie is shit compared to those examples.
None of those were 2 scum + traitor though.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

OH MY GOD I THINK I TOWNREAD FARK

<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:05 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2384, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2382, Farkran wrote:The list goes on, but i mean look at that power force. 2 masons + 1 even-night nea + 1 named townie is shit compared to those examples.
You're right. That was:

Voyeur + UB + 2-shot Commuter + Tracker/Follower vs. Traitor Rolecop + Loyal Neighborizer + Goon
<(") | (")>
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2382, Farkran wrote:
2 mason + 1 bulletproof IC + 1 even-night detective VS 1 mafia informed + 1 odd-night vanilla cop + goon
Look at this specific case, which is actually very similar to what we would be in if i was a named townie.

2 masons are
1 even-night neap compared to 1 even-night detective
1 named townie compared to
1 fucking bulletproof IC

Seriously.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:08 am

Oh um

That bulletproof IC setup is cancer and I would never have passed it.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:08 am

Post by PenguinPower »

It's almost as if you weren't the reviewer for this game either...
<(") | (")>
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2386, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2384, Something_Smart wrote:
You're right. That was:

Voyeur + UB + 2-shot Commuter + Tracker/Follower vs. Traitor Rolecop + Loyal Neighborizer + Goon
Even that one is WAY more townsided compared to 2 masons + 1 even-night neap + 1 backup nbrz VS 1 goon + 1 loyal nrbz + 1 traitor <anything>
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:09 am

In post 2389, PenguinPower wrote:It's almost as if you weren't the reviewer for this game either...
Well yeah but I'm still going to judge balance based on my own sensibilities.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:10 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Even though the designer was the same person...
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:11 am

:twisted:
In post 2390, Farkran wrote:Even that one is WAY more townsided compared to 2 masons + 1 even-night neap + 1 backup nbrz VS 1 goon + 1 loyal nrbz + 1 traitor
No it's not, this one has two conftown out of the gate and the potential for a few more. That setup has maybe one conftown if you want to setup spec the tracker town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:12 am

In post 2392, PenguinPower wrote:Even though the designer was the same person...
I'd rather lose an unbalanced game than a balanced one.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2391, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2389, PenguinPower wrote:It's almost as if you weren't the reviewer for this game either...
Well yeah but I'm still going to judge balance based on my own sensibilities.
Your sensibilities are proven wrong by facts listed in the archives though.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<tinfoilhat>What if there are only two scum?</tinfoilhat>
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:12 am

Thank you random emotes, I was just looking for the appropriate way to release my inner demon.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:13 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Joking of course, please don't grab onto that Fark.
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:15 am

In post 2395, Farkran wrote:Your sensibilities are proven wrong by facts listed in the archives though.
My sensibilities are about what games should be passed, rather than what games actually are. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying, for instance, that that bulletproof IC game wasn't balanced.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”