Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:39 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I don't think Faustiv is the lynch for today, especially with the replacement.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:43 am

Post by Uncrowned »

still got plenty of time and faustiv is my strong hunch rn

assuming you're still campaigning for either ojoi or gyro to get the D1 lynch?

what are your thoughts on Urist's posts? some good stuff there imo
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:12 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 301, Uncrowned wrote:still got plenty of time and faustiv is my strong hunch rn

I will run myself through Urists post in a second. I also I might be biased but I kind of want an ojoi lynch or at least push them to L-1 to get a claim today ;-;

Now, I want to tell everyone new ONE important thing and if you do not follow this I will hate you forever. If a person is at L-1 (one vote off from a lynch)
DO NOT HAMMER THE SUCKA!
Tell them that you intend to hammer them, and give them time to claim because if you hammer it without their claim you might be poppin' off a PR and that would a one way ticket to get lynched the following day.

It's just stressing me out that people have gotten to L-2 so quick.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I like Urist, but they're not my strongest townread at the moment.

wiki // GTKAS
ojoi
ojoi
Townie
ojoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:40 am

Post by ojoi »

In post 302, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 301, Uncrowned wrote:still got plenty of time and faustiv is my strong hunch rn

I will run myself through Urists post in a second. I also I might be biased but I kind of want an ojoi lynch or at least push them to L-1 to get a claim today ;-;

Now, I want to tell everyone new ONE important thing and if you do not follow this I will hate you forever. If a person is at L-1 (one vote off from a lynch)
DO NOT HAMMER THE SUCKA!
Tell them that you intend to hammer them, and give them time to claim because if you hammer it without their claim you might be poppin' off a PR and that would a one way ticket to get lynched the following day.

jv can you explain specifically WHY you insist so much on lynching me/getting a claim out of me?

additionally, ur stressed that people are getting to L-2 so quickly, but does it not bother you that ur insisting to lynch/push me to L-1 without definite proof? i personally dont see any of my messages explicitly screaming 'scum-like' at all, and the whole 'newbie' thing is held against me that it has indeed become somewhat unfair
Thomth
Thomth
Goon
Thomth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Thomth »

Urist voted for himself so that made him a target for me. I then voted ojoi because he did and I wanted to see her reaction. I claimed two scum because I was after Urist, time was already out and Alexcellent voted ojoi too. I reasoned that claiming Urist scum along with someone else would lower the heat, claiming scum when I had 3 votes was a high risk thing to do and Alexcellent would have time to defend himself.

The list is who I thought might be a pair of mafia and who I thought might be town.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:11 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 304, ojoi wrote:

DO NOT HAMMER THE SUCKA!

jv can you explain specifically WHY you insist so much on lynching me/getting a claim out of me?

additionally, ur stressed that people are getting to L-2 so quickly, but does it not bother you that ur insisting to lynch/push me to L-1 without definite proof? i personally dont see any of my messages explicitly screaming 'scum-like' at all, and the whole 'newbie' thing is held against me that it has indeed become somewhat unfair
I insist so much because I think you're scummy and I am stressed that people are getting to L-2 so quickly because they literally have no resistance and usually that's a tell that somethings up.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:12 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 306, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 304, ojoi wrote:

DO NOT HAMMER THE SUCKA!

I insist so much because I think you're scummy and I am stressed that people are getting to L-2 so quickly because they literally have no resistance and usually that's a tell that somethings up.
There was a L-1 on PAGE 6. They're town

wiki // GTKAS
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:36 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I don't think no resistance is necessarily a tell unless the gamestate has stagnated when the wagon has stayed on one player for a reasonable amount of time. Don't think we've had that happen yet but I get why you'd think like that
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:48 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 308, Uncrowned wrote:I don't think no resistance is necessarily a tell unless the gamestate has stagnated when the wagon has stayed on one player for a reasonable amount of time. Don't think we've had that happen yet but I get why you'd think like that
Because every single time it happens to me, they seem to always be town. Anyway my mind probably isn't in the right spot right now lol so I will probably read my logic tomorrow and wonder how the shizzles that popped into my head.

wiki // GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am

Post by the worst »

In post 261, Thomth wrote:Just a feeling; claiming scum with no reason is scummy but its for a research project.

ojoi/faustiv
PvtUrist/Alexcellent
Thomth/gyro
PvtUrist/the worst

Uncrowned
Gyro
Thomth
Alexcellent
ojoi
In post 305, Thomth wrote:Urist voted for himself so that made him a target for me. I then voted ojoi because he did and I wanted to see her reaction. I claimed two scum because I was after Urist, time was already out and Alexcellent voted ojoi too. I reasoned that claiming Urist scum along with someone else would lower the heat, claiming scum when I had 3 votes was a high risk thing to do and Alexcellent would have time to defend himself.

The list is who I thought might be a pair of mafia and who I thought might be town.
could you talk to me about where you're seeing a PvtUrist/alexcellent team, why you listed yourself and gyro as a team, and where the Alexc & ojoi townreads are coming from?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Micc »

Gjt replaces faüstiv.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by the worst »

Hiya Gjt - keen to see your thoughts on the game so far.

Just as an aside particularly @JV - I've been lolhammered on like page 5 following an attempted rap battle before. Being heavily wagoned in rvs isn't generally alignment indicative unless the gamestate stagnates around your lynch going through. (basically what Uncrowned said)
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@Gjt feel free to confess since your scummy predecessor left you in a tough spot. We'd understand completely and i doubt your scum buddy thomth would have any hard feelings towards you
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:08 am

Post by Uncrowned »

your replacement seems pretty fine posting elsewhere

interesting
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Uncrowned »

your predecessor*
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:53 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 314, Uncrowned wrote:your replacement seems pretty fine posting elsewhere

interesting
I believe that's angleshooting and is not allowed right?

wiki // GTKAS
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:13 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I thought as long as it wasn't in direct reference to another ongoing game it was fine. My understanding was general vague statements were allowed. If not my mistake
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:23 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Yeah I am not sure exactly

wiki // GTKAS
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

I may be a noob but that is definitely angleshooting
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:01 am

Post by Uncrowned »

If it was my apologies i thought i read somewhere that saying things like "so and so is active on the boards" was ok
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Gjt »

See I would say just completely ignore anything that was said before but that appears to not be a lot and if I was in your shoes I would have been looking to lynch Faustiv too. Anyways no need im here now. I'm almost half way through catching up the entire thread. I thought I would have had a little more time, but as soon as do have a moment I will give more thoughts on the situation. I will probably end going an ISO on everyone and take some notes
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:37 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 321, Gjt wrote:See I would say just completely ignore anything that was said before but that appears to not be a lot and if I was in your shoes I would have been looking to lynch Faustiv too. Anyways no need im here now. I'm almost half way through catching up the entire thread. I thought I would have had a little more time, but as soon as do have a moment I will give more thoughts on the situation. I will probably end going an ISO on everyone and take some notes
Welcome :D
If it isn't too much to ask, could you get an avi so we can identify your posts quicker?

wiki // GTKAS
Thomth
Thomth
Goon
Thomth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:53 am

Post by Thomth »

Welcome Gjt. If its for identification perposes Gjt is the only one without an avi in this game which does separate them.

could you talk to me about where you're seeing a PvtUrist/alexcellent team, why you listed yourself and gyro as a team, and where the Alexc & ojoi townreads are coming from?
Urist and Alexcellent because they both voted for ojoi first and the only thing I have really noticed so far was Urist voting for himself. Jackson and Gyro did claim to be a mafia pair but I ignored that.

Alexcellent and ojoi have both put some pressure on me and I am inclined to feel that this is a townie thing to do or more so an action to mislead me.

Urist may have been wrong in his first vote but he has not put any pressure on me. Neither has faustiv and while being replaced and not saying much could be considered scummy the other possibility is that he was just bored and having second thoughts on playing this game.

He did mention that the game was going very slowly and that the random voting should have long been over.

The pairs of who I think are mafia in my mind tend towards being half incorrect.
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Gjt »

Have read through now, will still ISO just to refresh on a few individual posts as a lot to take in right off. Haven't taken much notice of first few pages, just seemed like usual D1 rubbish. I'm noticing a few pocketing attempts which imo is never a good imagine and the thing I hate this most is basing opinion on how someone was in a different game. Its Mafia who plays any game the same way regardless of alignment and the thought of policy votes should just be early D1 signposting and don't get me started on voting them because they voted me. I don't feel under pressure. The person I've taken over from has either just not had time or taken on too much. Inactives are naturally lynch targets and very rarely scum, but again that's my opinion. Easy mislynch, will look closely at who's on my/caustic wagon.

Slightly different and off topic here, but is site easier to navigate on Desktop? Only have mobile at mo and don't find things easily, also when someone quotes or mentions me is there not a notication anywhere? Still trying the get used to here

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”