Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:53 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 897, Menalque wrote:Garmr i think you didn’t answer me yet about how strongly you feel about tchill v bob?
I generally see voting together with no support as something scum don't do but I noticed I mentioned this so they could of done it to please me but I don't think they did it.

also his progession doesn't make much sense so i'll go through what I worked out in my head.
In post 544, Tchill13 wrote:i'd love to vote bob for the sake of getting reads but i agree with his stance on garmr and i
dont find bob scummy.
null:wake, Robb, Bob, Skitter

creature, BEF
BEF ain't done shit. that said im more comfortable leaning town on him than garmr, bob, creature or rob.
I don't think Bef or Bob had done anything to change postions in the reel and T chill gives no reason to change positions in his reads list. So that to me seems like his influenced by the schedule. I don't know why Bob and rob dropped places while Bef went up. I'm thinking maybe his setting up multiple mislynch options.

So in short Bobs probs town.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:55 am

Post by Garmr »

probs town if tchill is scum.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:14 am

Post by Garmr »

reflecting I feel like I'm wrong somewhere as my tchill most likely partners are town reads/leans of mine.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:17 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 899, Wake1 wrote:
In post 895, Menalque wrote:Here’s where I’m at more or less. I haven’t had a chance to catch up and as I’m shortly gonna drive to Geneva I may not be fully caught up by deadline either.

That said, I quite like reading off the first pages anyway.

So, I’m inclined to say garmr is town, has actually been engaging with people, giving reads, pushing shit, from a brief ISO skim. I’d ideally meta him but for now he can be town.

Skitt is just always provisionally town until she’s scum. I have like mild concerns about her but not enough to put her in my bottom 3 which means she stays as town for today.

Robb comes across as mildly townie from the early pages, although I find him really hard to read and maybe I’m just reading him not being toxic for once as him being town? But again, there are scummier people so he’s town by PoE.

I’m town, duh doy.

Wake is really null but townier than anyone left, so he’s in town.

Then creature is mildly scummy from hectic slot but still not actually in my top 3 scum so he also gets to be town for now. Also find him a nightmare to read, same as hectic. Not really sorting there.

BEF is like my loosest SR in that I’m not actually sure I’m SRing him. I just didn’t like him suggesting early on that rob/hectic was theatre, didn’t like his reason for leaving his vote on wake post RVS, but neither are really reasons to be scum exactly. Felt like he was making excuses to not do stuff right at the beginning but there’re enough posts in his ISO that I guess he has at least been posting even if I don’t know how much merit those posts have yet.

Tchill is when we start to get into actual SR territory. Didn’t like where he suggests that “any decent scum [would] pour fire on this flame” which seems to me to be pretty LAMIST in a manipulative way. Like “any scum would do this please notice how I’m doing the very opposite”. Just sits with me wrong.
Also agree with my predecessor that he was fence sitty on rob/hectic. For instance in when he talks about how hectic is always scummy and he won’t defend him if he gets run up, while treating them both as town in 60 where he’s asking them to both tone it down so town stands a better chance of winning

Bob is also scummy imo. Feels like he’s chainsawing garmr for his read on tchill, while also claiming it’s a meta read. Like that’s conflicting to me, or at least it is in how he’s presenting both arguments in his ISO depending on when/who’s asking. Really don’t like where he says his meta read on garmr as “his town games are more like just pulling on a thread rather doggedly irrelevant if he is right or wrong at that time” — which I think is what makes sense from garmr here given how he’s been pursuing tchill, regardless of whether you agree with him on tchill!scum or not. Plus the way he’s trying to shade skitt for not having read him correctly in the past. Idk the whole thing sits wrong, plus I’m willing to sheep garmr/skitt to a certain extent. Especially if skitt is more town than scum, which she is, then I trust her instincts
I think I want to BREAK this neck.

And you will point exactly why.

What you just said rings hollow to me, and I will have your head today.

VOTE: Menalque
I have no idea what this sentence means

Why does what I said ring hollow?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:18 am

Post by Menalque »

What do you mean by « influenced by the schedule » garmr?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Menalque »

@creature why is bef the most likely to flip scum ?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:37 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 905, Menalque wrote:What do you mean by « influenced by the schedule » garmr?
It's only two days to lynch so keeping your option open is optimal as scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 883, Tchill13 wrote:I'm gonna take a break in defending myself from SR's. While the (too good to be scum with robb) argument is true, and skitter should know this, I find it to be in bad taste.
I guess my problem is you're kinda scummy no matter what robb is
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

Mena i'm not sure i like this readslist
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:59 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 900, Creature wrote:Can we BEF him now?
What does this mean?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:23 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 895, Menalque wrote:ng on a thread rather doggedly irrelevant

So you read on me is mostly dependant on tchill beign scum. So if tchill ever flipped town how woudl you read on me change. And what makes you so sure that even if tchill is scuma and garmr. That i must be scum chainsawing garmr rather than just a townie scum reading garmr due to feeling from his meta.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:24 am

Post by bob3141 »

quoted wrong post. meant to quote teh post where you typed out your raed on me
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:59 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Official Vote Count 1.13
With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

bob3141:(2) skitter30 Menalque
Tchill13:(1) Garmr
Garmr:(1) bob3141
Robbnva:(0)
Wake88:(0)
creature(1) Tchill13
skitter30:(0)
Menalque:
(L2)
Robbnva BrightEyedFish Wake88:
BrightEyedFish:(1) creature

Not Voting (0)

Deadline (expired on 2019-11-29 20:40:00)
game will lock right at 8:40pm on the 29th that is 28hours and 40 mins
Last edited by cyrus62 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 909, skitter30 wrote:Mena i'm not sure i like this readslist
Okay, why not?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 914, Menalque wrote:
In post 909, skitter30 wrote:Mena i'm not sure i like this readslist
Okay, why not?
Eh actually I think I can probably see why but I was writing it with the thought in mind that I’m quite likely the designated mislynch today so it was more aimed at being totally honest than trying to actually appear towny and avoid the mislynch
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 911, bob3141 wrote:
In post 895, Menalque wrote:ng on a thread rather doggedly irrelevant

So you read on me is mostly dependant on tchill beign scum. So if tchill ever flipped town how woudl you read on me change. And what makes you so sure that even if tchill is scuma and garmr. That i must be scum chainsawing garmr rather than just a townie scum reading garmr due to feeling from his meta.
No, i wouldn’t say it’s mostly dependant on that but you’d look a lot worse if tchill is scum

Like I said I also think your process is contradictory on garmr. The reasons you’ve given for meta SRing him don’t like up with how I think he’s playing this game

I also think you’re intentionally mischaracterising my argument, if maybe not exactly misrepping me — “what makes you so sure” I never said “oh man tchill is scum here like 80% of the time guys you’d better fucking sheep me on this” and my garmr TR is similarly mollified by my description
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Menalque »

Like if you wanna criticise me for something criticise me for leaving enough room in my reads to pivot which I would get but like the angle you’re going for is just weird
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:23 am

Post by bob3141 »

I dont go for angles i go for questions shaped to try and get better under standing of your alignment. After you can tell someone's alignment best when they just been tripped and even if they have seen the wire and have carefully stepped over it.

Im not so sure on my meta read on garmr any more. I hope to get more into this game as ive had trouble getting into the swing of things.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:34 am

Post by bob3141 »

mm im finding it very suspect that teh lead wagon was umvoted by skitter. And skitter and that slot have both ended up on me. Looks to me like I am acting as the couter wagon to rapid nom menal slot. Is menal scum with scum trying to form a counter wagon. or town not liking the menal wagon and trying to form a counter wagon but unfortunately just picking another townie.

Will have to look at skitters reasons for no long voting menals slot tommorrow
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Wake1 »

*SNIFF*

*SNIFF SNIFF*

I'm smelling resistance regarding the Menalque wagon.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 904, Menalque wrote:
In post 899, Wake1 wrote:
In post 895, Menalque wrote:Here’s where I’m at more or less. I haven’t had a chance to catch up and as I’m shortly gonna drive to Geneva I may not be fully caught up by deadline either.

That said, I quite like reading off the first pages anyway.

So, I’m inclined to say garmr is town, has actually been engaging with people, giving reads, pushing shit, from a brief ISO skim. I’d ideally meta him but for now he can be town.

Skitt is just always provisionally town until she’s scum. I have like mild concerns about her but not enough to put her in my bottom 3 which means she stays as town for today.

Robb comes across as mildly townie from the early pages, although I find him really hard to read and maybe I’m just reading him not being toxic for once as him being town? But again, there are scummier people so he’s town by PoE.

I’m town, duh doy.

Wake is really null but townier than anyone left, so he’s in town.

Then creature is mildly scummy from hectic slot but still not actually in my top 3 scum so he also gets to be town for now. Also find him a nightmare to read, same as hectic. Not really sorting there.

BEF is like my loosest SR in that I’m not actually sure I’m SRing him. I just didn’t like him suggesting early on that rob/hectic was theatre, didn’t like his reason for leaving his vote on wake post RVS, but neither are really reasons to be scum exactly. Felt like he was making excuses to not do stuff right at the beginning but there’re enough posts in his ISO that I guess he has at least been posting even if I don’t know how much merit those posts have yet.

Tchill is when we start to get into actual SR territory. Didn’t like where he suggests that “any decent scum [would] pour fire on this flame” which seems to me to be pretty LAMIST in a manipulative way. Like “any scum would do this please notice how I’m doing the very opposite”. Just sits with me wrong.
Also agree with my predecessor that he was fence sitty on rob/hectic. For instance in when he talks about how hectic is always scummy and he won’t defend him if he gets run up, while treating them both as town in 60 where he’s asking them to both tone it down so town stands a better chance of winning

Bob is also scummy imo. Feels like he’s chainsawing garmr for his read on tchill, while also claiming it’s a meta read. Like that’s conflicting to me, or at least it is in how he’s presenting both arguments in his ISO depending on when/who’s asking. Really don’t like where he says his meta read on garmr as “his town games are more like just pulling on a thread rather doggedly irrelevant if he is right or wrong at that time” — which I think is what makes sense from garmr here given how he’s been pursuing tchill, regardless of whether you agree with him on tchill!scum or not. Plus the way he’s trying to shade skitt for not having read him correctly in the past. Idk the whole thing sits wrong, plus I’m willing to sheep garmr/skitt to a certain extent. Especially if skitt is more town than scum, which she is, then I trust her instincts
I think I want to BREAK this neck.

And you will point exactly why.

What you just said rings hollow to me, and I will have your head today.

VOTE: Menalque
I have no idea what this sentence means

Why does what I said ring hollow?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Menalque »

If ur town then sorry but I think these are both rly bad posts
In post 918, bob3141 wrote:I dont go for angles i go for questions shaped to try and get better under standing of your alignment. After you can tell someone's alignment best when they just been tripped and even if they have seen the wire and have carefully stepped over it.

Im not so sure on my meta read on garmr any more. I hope to get more into this game as ive had trouble getting into the swing of things.
Okay so I’ll hear you out on this but like it doesn’t feel like your read on garmr was a particularly considered read if you’re rethinking it based on me saying it doesn’t make sense and imo you’re trying to back off a fake read you can’t justify. This is doubly bad considering how much you’ve talked to and about garmr that this is what’s making you reconsider him

Why exactly are you reconsidering garmr meta read?
In post 919, bob3141 wrote:mm im finding it very suspect that teh lead wagon was umvoted by skitter. And skitter and that slot have both ended up on me. Looks to me like I am acting as the couter wagon to rapid nom menal slot. Is menal scum with scum trying to form a counter wagon. or town not liking the menal wagon and trying to form a counter wagon but unfortunately just picking another townie.

Will have to look at skitters reasons for no long voting menals slot tommorrow
So we’re potentially both scum trying to start a wagon on you or we’re both town trying to start a counter wagon to town!me

This just doesn’t feel like real analysis to me

Why can’t I be scum acting in self preservation? Why is it likely that in a scenario of (skitt, me) as the team we both jump on you this transparently and immediately? Why can’t skitt be scum who’s making a bad push on you intentionally that town!me has fallen for?

If any of these were particularly less likely than the two theories you’d laid out, I’d get dismissing them. But I think you just picked two arbitrary possibilities which fypov aren’t any more likely than the others to look like you’re scum hunting and doing analysis
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

If I get lynched while I’m asleep probably look at wake more closely if he hasn’t given a decent explanation by that point
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Wake claimed vig which is pretty confirmable so nobody will probably look at him if 2 kills happen. You got stuck in a shit slot. Rabid confirmed himself as scum and you’re supposed to try and town it up. You aren’t towning it up.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”