Micro 898 | Forest Fire | Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.15

LynchingWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

january
(2): PenguinPower, Pyrrha Nikos
Banakai
(1): Banakai

Not Voting
(4): january, Gamma Emerald, Blatant Scum, Dannflor

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-12-10 09:00:00).

Mod notes:
Dannflor is V/LA until Wednesday.

Click here for combined mod & backup mod ISO.[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1599, eth0s wrote:I have a lot of trouble reading that slot. I kinda sheep your though process but I think you should stick to your guns and try to achieve a banakai lynch first
In post 1600, eth0s wrote:Matter of fact I think banakai should just be lynched asap this phase has probably run its course and dann and gamma qont really be around for a bit prob
He refuses to even play now, so that warrants a policy lynch.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:37 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1601, january wrote:
In post 1594, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
That’s why I’m voting her, she really hasn’t. She’s just calling him scum for no reason. She unlike you, is making no real effort to try and sort him.
GOD you’re so annoying saying I’M the one with revisionist history lmfao

you’re just ignoring the whole case I made and then saying I have no reason to scumread penguin LMAO

i know you disagree with my reads but you’re completely lying to yourself and to everyone else when you say I have no reason to scumread penguin

i honestly can’t believe how easily you just ignore parts that don’t fit your read and only include parts that do. how come you never mentioned psyche’s “slip” when you townread me and then when you scumread me you suddenly start mentioning it? it’s not like it wasn’t there before??
This isn’t helping. Calling me “ annoying”. Saying I’m “lying to myself”. What?

What case did you make? You said he wasn’t town because he voted sheep. Am I missing something?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1604, january wrote:
In post 1594, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:That’s why I’m voting her, she really hasn’t. She’s just calling him scum for no reason. She unlike you, is making no real effort to try and sort him.
1. like i said before that’s a flat out lie
2. hey i gave that as one of the reasons i scumread penguin (bc he didn’t try to sort anyone)... oh wait i apparently don’t have any reasons... what’s this then...
In post 1605, january wrote:if you lynch me then you better follow my reads but i know you’re just gonna call me bad town... oh hey this sounds familiar

and @ethos no i don’t really want to vote banakai because i think they’re less likely to be maf than penguin

i’d rather lynch my mafread so i don’t have to deal with this game anymore

and if banakai flips town i’m just gonna have to do this again tomorrow

if it comes to me v banakai when the days almost over, sure since i’m not nearly confident enough to protect him with my life lol
but not right now when i still have a chance to convince people (albeit a small chance i guess)
I seriously doubt a Penguin lynch will happen. It’s between you and Banaki.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:47 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1608, january wrote:
In post 1592, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:This is an example of how town reads Penguin. See the nuanced read on Penguin, Gamma does here?
nu·anced
adjective
characterized by subtle shades of meaning or expression.

no not really. where’s the subtle shades of meaning?
gamma’s read: they tr penguin less than Dann
my read: i scumread penguin more than everyone else

i know nuanced is a nice buzzword but i’m not sure how it’s relevant or even related to whatever your point is?

gamma’s read isn’t any more nuanced or town-minded or whatever you’re saying (at least not that part that you quoted, idk didn’t read the rest). just because gamma’s read is... well... useless bc nobody tr’s penguin more than dann, or that it’s less confident than mine (is that what you’re scumreading?) doesn’t make it any townier than mine lol
You being antagonistic to me isn’t helping me read you better. I’m trying to determine if your push comes from a townie mindset or not and any attempt to antagonize me, just gets filtered out as noise. I gave Gamma’s post as an example because you can see clear sorting in that. I’m not convinced you’re doing that. I obviously don’t want to mislynch me you if you’re town but your attitude here really isn’t helping.

So if you’re argument is he’s playing different here than in LNT, then find quotes from both games to elaborate on this. You being convinced on him being scum, does absolutely nothing for me.

Is Banaki your only hard tr (and don’t even bother mentioning confitown Gamma here)?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

@Gamma, what are your thoughts on all of this?
Banakai
Banakai
Goon
Banakai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Banakai »

In post 1626, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 1599, eth0s wrote:I have a lot of trouble reading that slot. I kinda sheep your though process but I think you should stick to your guns and try to achieve a banakai lynch first
In post 1600, eth0s wrote:Matter of fact I think banakai should just be lynched asap this phase has probably run its course and dann and gamma qont really be around for a bit prob
He refuses to even play now, so that warrants a policy lynch.
please stop botherring me for having a life. I can't post all the time. Even if I could, everyone thinks I'm scum anyway so I can't say anything that will influence anyone except to get me lynched. That's why I'm voting myself because honestly being lynched would be good for me.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 1631, Banakai wrote:being lynched would be good for me.
Maggots eating your corpse indeed sounds healthy.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Banakai
Banakai
Goon
Banakai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Banakai »

In post 1632, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 1631, Banakai wrote:being lynched would be good for me.
Maggots eating your corpse indeed sounds healthy.
maggots have been used in medical situations so it could be healthy
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:25 am

Post by january »

In post 1627, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 1601, january wrote:
In post 1594, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
That’s why I’m voting her, she really hasn’t. She’s just calling him scum for no reason. She unlike you, is making no real effort to try and sort him.
GOD you’re so annoying saying I’M the one with revisionist history lmfao

you’re just ignoring the whole case I made and then saying I have no reason to scumread penguin LMAO

i know you disagree with my reads but you’re completely lying to yourself and to everyone else when you say I have no reason to scumread penguin

i honestly can’t believe how easily you just ignore parts that don’t fit your read and only include parts that do. how come you never mentioned psyche’s “slip” when you townread me and then when you scumread me you suddenly start mentioning it? it’s not like it wasn’t there before??
This isn’t helping. Calling me “ annoying”. Saying I’m “lying to myself”. What?

What case did you make? You said he wasn’t town because he voted sheep. Am I missing something?
NOOOO that is not my whole case this is a wild misunderstanding. it sounds like you’re saying my read is fake bc you thought that was why i scumread penguin? ya if that was my only reason that’d be the dumbest read and i get why you’d scumread me...

that part is my one concession that his vote on sheep MIGHT be towny but then i counter that with “i don’t particularly think this is something that he should be strongly townread for” (aka this is not the reason i scumread him, it’s me bringing up a counterpoint to my read and then deciding it’s not strong enough)

i gave a whole case on him and i’m not sure if you remember it but i’m pretty sure you did read it

check 1462 there’s actually reasons there
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:28 am

Post by january »

no wtf where did i say i hard tr banakai

and lol i’m not the one who puts clears in my townreads that’s someone else

u and dann are my townreads like i said forever ago. and i would have told you if that changed

i think you’re interpreting me arguing with you or dann as a scumread on you, but it’s not...
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 am

Post by january »

In post 1624, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 1619, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why do you think january has a mental condition?
He seems like a person who thinks like a mathematician to me.
lmao

*if u don’t mind could u use she instead of he
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 am

Post by january »

responding to all of gamma’s stuff, sorry quoting doesn’t work on mobile so it’s just a big block of stuff
—————
i did explain the reads i think? they definitely changed since then but if you have questions on a specific read it’d be easier to explain

i can show u the quotes i liked. i townread him more for the “what” and i think his delivery was just perceived as weaker? idk how to explain it exactly but i’ll find the quotes

can also explain this in more detail. but i think i just townread everyone else more than you. i made a list of reads and i had at least one post that i was like “i’m pretty sure this person is town” for everyone except u. clearly that was wrong but at the time it seemed valid to me

yeah i was annoyed and i kinda still am. self meta but i do it more as town. it frustrates me when i get scumread for something that isn’t even scummy. won’t say more just cuz... don’t say things when you’re annoyed right

no i think both of u misinterpreted my point. i said that DANN would not immediately scumread me if i said i sr him. the hypothetical has nothing to do with pyrrha, it was just me criticizing her response by comparing it with how someone else might respond. i’m quite aware that pyrrha would probably respond the same if i was to scumread dann

eth0s had one particular post that was Very Towny to me, i’ll find it. sure i think he was probably stronger early d1 than the rest but at that point i had set him aside as town already. don’t see how having this read makes me scum and i can’t be that bad at making reads if it’s right...
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1619, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why do you think january has a mental condition?
Sorry but “mental condition” sounds somewhat ableist tbh
Question still stands: why do you choose to engage with that over real content?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1637, january wrote:responding to all of gamma’s stuff, sorry quoting doesn’t work on mobile so it’s just a big block of stuff
—————
i did explain the reads i think? they definitely changed since then but if you have questions on a specific read it’d be easier to explain

i can show u the quotes i liked. i townread him more for the “what” and i think his delivery was just perceived as weaker? idk how to explain it exactly but i’ll find the quotes

can also explain this in more detail. but i think i just townread everyone else more than you. i made a list of reads and i had at least one post that i was like “i’m pretty sure this person is town” for everyone except u. clearly that was wrong but at the time it seemed valid to me

yeah i was annoyed and i kinda still am. self meta but i do it more as town. it frustrates me when i get scumread for something that isn’t even scummy. won’t say more just cuz... don’t say things when you’re annoyed right

no i think both of u misinterpreted my point. i said that DANN would not immediately scumread me if i said i sr him. the hypothetical has nothing to do with pyrrha, it was just me criticizing her response by comparing it with how someone else might respond. i’m quite aware that pyrrha would probably respond the same if i was to scumread dann

eth0s had one particular post that was Very Towny to me, i’ll find it. sure i think he was probably stronger early d1 than the rest but at that point i had set him aside as town already. don’t see how having this read makes me scum and i can’t be that bad at making reads if it’s right...
Responding in order:

I think the best thing for you to do regarding explaining reads is tell me about what determines the order, that’s what feels weird imo
Okay I’ll wait for that I guess
I find this idea of townreading everyone else more mildly sketchy tbh but I’ll wait to go further until you respond to this and explain the read order
Ummm okay
Point taken but I was more explaining the point Pyrrha was making
I want to know how that one post made him “obvtown”. And like that eth0s read was “right” but he was very scummy, especially towards EoD1 which probably would explain your lack of feeling that way. And that read alone doesn’t make you scum but as a whole I find your board of reads scummy.

Also I would like it if you voted some time soon
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1397, january wrote:
In post 399, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: bankai

will go through him again when im on a laptop
and i feel like this interaction could go either way so i'd say disregard this part

on one hand, this could be an attempted halfhearted bus between sheep and partner-banakai bc the reads backing this are kinda lacking

on the other hand, could be an attempt to make it seem like a bus. or it's just sheep's attempt to get a scummytown lynched

love wifom
Why does this post exist
Like it doesn’t really add to the case at all and it looks like Jan knows it
It makes me extra cheesed because I dislike WIFOM along these lines and Jan just pulled it up for no apparent reason argh

Also is uhhh because like I just made the comment about why Jan would SR me if she hadn’t really seen D2 and now there’s this
Really makes me think sheep/Psyche left her a road map to play this game in the scum PT and she’s trying to read it but it’s got water damage so she can’t see it clearly
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wait I linked the wrong post there
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah I meant to link
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1413, january wrote:oh and btw this is kinda late and mostly irrelevant bc i hope we can lynch maf in less than 3 lynches

it was better for FF not to out who they (poured water on? i forgot what the power was called)

bc if mafia thinks they're successful with dousing every night, then they'll try to ignite after ML #2, which would decrease our lynchpool and increase odds purely statistically

I counted the lynches and stuff that we have left so I might as well post it here even though hopefully we don't need to get that far
Spoiler: lynch math
D3: 1 maf, 6 town... 2 town primed (assuming worst case)
mislynch on D3 -> D4: 1 maf, 5 town...

mislynch on D4:
Worst Case: 3 town primed - Loss
* Ignite: 3/4 living town were doused < worst case scenario, where all douses were successful and still alive
Otherwise - we get an extra lynch
* Ignite: 1 maf, 2 town (1 maf prime failed)
* No ignite: 1 maf, 4 town... 3 primed

tldr - we have 3 chances to lynch maf if any one of the douses failed or died
Tbh I outed my targets as a talking point, plus I figured some one was gonna ask.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1419, Gamma Emerald wrote:Haven’t looked for myself but Pyrrha’s points on Banakai look good
I still think this but rn Jan is also rather suspect
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1452, january wrote:i hate people who self vote there's quite literally no reason to ever self vote

this is like the one thing that's an automatic reason for me to lynch someone

i can see this likely flipping town but now i'm obligated to vote him
Uhhh the fact Jan hasn’t voted afaict given this post is kinda a wut moment
Seems like scum posturing tbh
VOTE: January
Not totally final but Jan has been all over the place in a rather scummy way
<Embrace The Void>

Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 1638, Gamma Emerald wrote:
The post and series of posts before it were very close to my mindset. I like things close to my mindset so I reacted.
Also, I asked a question in 1262, which was engaging with real content.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1523, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1521, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 1519, PenguinPower wrote:I disagree with you there...quite a bit.
Ok, elaborate then?
I already did. I think her "case" on me is predicated on her "read" on me and not the other way around.
Idk about this
You might have a point but I also feel like she makes a decent point about pushing your reads
Of course that can be for multiple reasons, not all being related to being scum
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1646, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 1638, Gamma Emerald wrote:
The post and series of posts before it were very close to my mindset. I like things close to my mindset so I reacted.
Also, I asked a question in 1262, which was engaging with real content.
I mean yeah but that content came later, you came in with something that seemed super random
Thanks for the explanation tho
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:25 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1647, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1523, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1521, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 1519, PenguinPower wrote:I disagree with you there...quite a bit.
Ok, elaborate then?
I already did. I think her "case" on me is predicated on her "read" on me and not the other way around.
Idk about this
You might have a point but I also feel like she makes a decent point about pushing your reads
Of course that can be for multiple reasons, not all being related to being scum
I mean, the post you quoted is objectively fact at this point.
In post 1538, january wrote:penguin - i realize that the case seems biased towards already reading you as scum - that was actually my purpose
<(") | (")>

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”