Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2694, Something_Smart wrote:I scumread Farkran because he...

> consistently pushed on townies such as myself and LUV

> seemed very confident that he knew why january died over me, while simultaneously discrediting my own equally confident (and more informed) opinion, which makes me think that he really DOES know why january died

> pushed an unexplained traitor theory and used it to justify his reads

> is claiming to be willing to be lynched today but hasn't done anything to prove that said claim is any more than empty rhetoric
Okay but like (1) why is this scum indicative
for him specifically
? if it was from me, then yes, I think it would make sense to be susp. But I don’t really rate fark’s reads, so idk why this is more likely to be scum!him making a bad push due to scum motivation vs town fark making a bad push due to bad scumhunting?

(2) okay, I’ll reread this bit, but if it’s consistent with what he’s saying in his most recent post then... yeah, i understand his position? Like I as scum would also normally kill a conf!town overnight replace in, in case they broke up the game. I wouldn’t have this game, because january is a newbie, but a lot of the time I would, so I see his logic esp if he didn’t know january was a newbie.

(3) yes, this is one of the ickier things and the main one giving me doubts.

(4) I think he has a point here — saying you’re willing to be lynched doesn’t mean you have to call on people to hammer you/self-hammer to be sincere
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Menalque »

How consistently would you say you hit scum with your reads, SS?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2700, Menalque wrote:(1) why is this scum indicative for him specifically?
It's not necessarily, I just threw it in with the others because it's something to keep in mind. If he'd defended me and/or LUV I'd be more open to townreading him.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:27 am

In post 2701, Menalque wrote:How consistently would you say you hit scum with your reads, SS?
That's kind of a meaningless question, it doesn't take into account read confidence.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Farkran »

Regardless of point 3 and setup speculation in general, i am insisting that we lynch outside sheeps wagon + maybe 1 busser on wagon. My gamesolve is still 2 scum in {flubber, pp, titus}. The only read i changed based on setup spec was placing flubber in my highest priority lynch. PP and titus were alteady there. I'm still convinced that egix is less likely to be scum than other people. Same about bob. I'm less inclined to put ben in my lynchpool due to how the game rolled out, and specifically because of pp's 180 on him when he quickhammered scum, as opposed to pp townleaning ben when he quickhammered town.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:29 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2703, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2701, Menalque wrote:How consistently would you say you hit scum with your reads, SS?
That's kind of a meaningless question, it doesn't take into account read confidence.
Okay, how confident are you on fark and how often are you right on your confident reads?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Menalque »

Like yes, you’re conf!town and so I can trust you, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I have to think that your reads are better than mine which is what I’m doing if I sheep you here
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2702, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2700, Menalque wrote:(1) why is this scum indicative for him specifically?
It's not necessarily, I just threw it in with the others because it's something to keep in mind. If he'd defended me and/or LUV I'd be more open to townreading him.
I didn't notice you were masons. Sorry. If i had noticed you were masons though, wouldn't scum!fark whiteknight you and pocket/nk you rather than pushing you during the day?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2707, Farkran wrote:
In post 2702, Something_Smart wrote:
I didn't notice you were masons. Sorry. If i had noticed you were masons though, wouldn't scum!fark whiteknight you and pocket/nk you rather than pushing you during the day?
I mean, mason is a role that literally cannot be mislynched because he is confirmed by his partner...
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:37 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2704, Farkran wrote:and specifically because of pp's 180 on him when he quickhammered scum, as opposed to pp townleaning ben when he quickhammered town.
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:37 am

In post 2705, Menalque wrote:Okay, how confident are you on fark and how often are you right on your confident reads?
Second question's kind of a tautology because if I said I was 70% confident on Fark being scum but I knew that my 70% confident reads were right only 50% of the time, then I would not be 70% confident on him, I would actually only be 50% confident.

But regardless I would say my confidence level on Fark is probably about 45%. I have no idea how accurate my 45% confident scumreads have been in the past, but I obviously think it's probably around 45%.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:37 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I will give you that it may have been about a 90 degree.
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:39 am

In post 2707, Farkran wrote:I didn't notice you were masons. Sorry. If i had noticed you were masons though, wouldn't scum!fark whiteknight you and pocket/nk you rather than pushing you during the day?
The pushes on me and LUV were essentially mislynches, in that they would have been had we not been masons, so I'm treating them as such. If you're scum you clearly didn't figure it out and were expecting to mislynch us.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:41 am

In post 2706, Menalque wrote:Like yes, you’re conf!town and so I can trust you, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I have to think that your reads are better than mine which is what I’m doing if I sheep you here
That's reasonable, you probably shouldn't sheep me on anyone but Flubber.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2712, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2707, Farkran wrote:I didn't notice you were masons. Sorry. If i had noticed you were masons though, wouldn't scum!fark whiteknight you and pocket/nk you rather than pushing you during the day?
The pushes on me and LUV were essentially mislynches, in that they would have been had we not been masons, so I'm treating them as such. If you're scum you clearly didn't figure it out and were expecting to mislynch us.
Ok... so you are assuming that town!fark never has bad reads and he would have noticed you were masons, whereas a (more informed) scum!fark is ok not noticing it and pushing for a mislynch on you.

I don't know what to tell you, this is why i am so tired of explaining myself. There's no way out of your logic, because it works backwards.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2714, Farkran wrote:
In post 2712, Something_Smart wrote:
Ok... so you are assuming that town!fark never has bad reads and he would have noticed you were masons, whereas a (more informed) scum!fark is ok not noticing it and pushing for a mislynch on you.

I don't know what to tell you, this is why i am so tired of explaining myself. There's no way out of your logic, because it works backwards.
I mean, go look at newbie 1951. I was mason with nmsa. No one noticed we were, i went up to L-1 with intent to hammer from menalque himself.

Guess who whiteknighted me? Scum!skitter. Aside from nmsa, obviously.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Farkran »

Oh, now that i recall, in that specific game (my first one on this site) i was killed n1 over nmsa, who was SE in that game. I can't recall his join date, but he was certainly more experienced than me.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2713, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2706, Menalque wrote:Like yes, you’re conf!town and so I can trust you, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I have to think that your reads are better than mine which is what I’m doing if I sheep you here
That's reasonable, you probably shouldn't sheep me on anyone but Flubber.
This is p much exactly what I’m doing
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Menalque »

Ftr fark I was never intending to hammer there which I think I covered in game at the time
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Menalque »

SS can we talk about egix?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Titus »

Menalque, I would like to hear your Egix thoughts.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Menalque »

Strap yourselves in:
In post 348, Egix96 wrote:
In post 337, sheepsaysmeep wrote:gut says ss can lean w after a meta skim

i can try to remember to elaborate more if i suddenly find out how to put it into words later
Looking forward to this
Never follows up on this from what I can see in ISO, so it’s an interaction for the sake of interacting, and one I don’t think follows if you genuinely looking forward to something
In post 405, Egix96 wrote:
In post 394, Tchill13 wrote:george hasnt contributed much either in terms of AI content.
Mhm
I'm thinking of voting him actually
This reads to me as setting up the later vote on past!me
In post 442, Egix96 wrote:
In post 419, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 406, Egix96 wrote:I don't get why Halkum prematurely claims VT if he's scum.
Like, I know it's not exactly a good town play either, but scum in normal games usually have to consider fakeclaiming PRs so for him to deprive himself of that option seems very suboptimal.
this is a good post that i agree with
In post 421, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ok i agree a lot with ofrhz meta read on ben actually
In post 422, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 382, ofrhz wrote:Do you have any scumreads besides ss? What does your kynchpool look like for today?
i think youve flipped me to lean w ben tbh

doubt would lynch today: fark, flubber, egix, tchill

just above null: ofrhz dp

leaves george, garmr, bob, luv, ben, ss

eitehr of the latter two could go today likely wouldnt complain
Sigh
I'm not a fan of this progression
The thing that seems off to me about this is that, again, he never follows up on it. He just says it seems off. Doesn’t push sheep on it, doesn’t keep on the point, just lets it go. In fact, his next thing of note is:
In post 446, Egix96 wrote:
In post 445, sheepsaysmeep wrote:how did i not notice that ben and halkum are both benhalkum
Oh my goooooood
In post 485, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Something Smart

fixing my vote
Why do you just have such a meaningless interaction as “oh my goooooood” on someone you think has a bad progression and then “fix your vote” with someone else entirely?
In post 643, Egix96 wrote:
In post 625, bob3141 wrote:If there is something that made him feel that smart is scum he doesn't say.
That's the thing
I actually don't really know why I think he's scum.
I just... do.
This seems a little bit iffy, but I don’t know egix that well so idk if it could come from town him, but the fact that he can’t give any reasons seems off if it’s a real read. Like I would expect something like a minimum of “his tone is off” or something, whereas this is just... so untestable if he gets called on it later.
In post 646, Egix96 wrote:
In post 642, sheepsaysmeep wrote:bob is tone wolf but content-wise villa
Second part: Agreed.
First part: Are you able to show where?
Again, this is weird interaction given that you still haven’t explored this person’s weird progressions fypov.
In post 770, Egix96 wrote:Actually you know what

Unvote

VOTE: GeorgeBailey

I'm actually now fearing that these are t/t wagons, and Bailey not posting this close to deadline is concerning. I feel that he's scum who's lurking out the day.
Moving onto lurker scum as the day closes out rly isn’t a good play imo, and I don’t like it in the context of his earlier “I might vote George” thing which he then never really explained or followed up on until here which makes me think it was done just to show some sort of progression.
In post 866, Egix96 wrote:
In post 865, Farkran wrote:Who is SRing sheeps here, besides Tchill?
Not me
Interesting, given his earlier thing on the progression that was never followed up.
In post 1565, Egix96 wrote:
Spoiler: Tchill on sheep
In post 187, Tchill13 wrote:UNVOTE: fargrax

VOTE: sheep

fargrax hasnt done anything AI. they were the one wanting to play ball early so i figured id push them to see what happens.

sheep TR'd Far for playing when the game was dead. thats NAI. Scum could easily see an opportunity to look towny there and take it.
In post 316, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 294, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ben's crawling into my villas btw
In post 275, benhalkum wrote:UNVOTE: Tchill

The majority who've played with him before (it seems) feel he is town. Instead of going on a crusade to search down why I feel his post were odd, I'm going to go with the group for now. I really need to re-read this game and see if anything's sticking out.
In post 210, benhalkum wrote:This is the first day 1 I've had where I really have no reads on anyone. Like, I keep going over everything and I get nothing more than confused.
second post is very relateable/genuine for this game
sheep is just falling into my scums along w/ Ben.
In post 401, Tchill13 wrote:I'm fine lynching Ben, Garmr, LUV, Sheep, Egix atm.

I'd assume the scum team is in Ben, garmr, LUV, Sheep, SS, Bob

what Bob has done is enough to make me want to keep him around but his activity has died and it's possible "decent" scum does what he did.

LUV ik will lurk if it gets him a scum win.
In post 402, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 368, sheepsaysmeep wrote:after reading ss past games like

he's very good at doing what i was v reading from him as w at least in terms of just answering questions but after reading a w and a v game from him he's just lackluster here in terms of not taking the step further from regular content to towny content

like i dont really in italics have w vibes from him it's just discomfort with such a high postcount but no super good thoughts yet?
due to the fact I agree with Sheep's statement here

VOTE: somethingsmart

lets see if flub stays on egix or goes to another wagon.
In post 430, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 407, Farkran wrote:@those three, who's your highest SR right now and why?
it's still sheep. When we're talking about possible scum driven action his play has the most. TR'ing you for simply playing in a dead game could be trying to pocket the town player that will more than likely take control of the game.

TR'ing ben seemed to me like he might have been trying to get ahead of the lynch b4 it happened.

both TR's from sheep include poor reasoning and could have significant impact on his ability to be TR'd if he's correct, which he would know since he was scum.
In post 554, Tchill13 wrote:I really think we have a good shot of lynching scum in Sheep/LUV/Egix.

Fark what do you think is up if SS is town? because atm you seem to be making preflip associations based on Scum! SS.
In post 806, Tchill13 wrote:personally I'd like sheep lynched before SS.
In post 875, Tchill13 wrote:LUV, sheep or SS are fine lynches.

LUV and sheep way better. SS gives enough info that im ok with it.
In post 1056, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 1050, Farkran wrote:VOTE: SS

(had to check if they could be masons together, i don't think they are)
I really think we should lynch sheep instead. there's been too many hard stances made on SS in terms of ppl TR'ing or Sr'ing for meta or other reasons while nobody has really taken a hard stance on sheep.

Chill was SR-ing Sheep for a large part of D1, only seeming to falter when he agreed with him re:Smart.
I think that him dying in the face of that is quite strongly indicative of scum!sheep.

VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
If this is “strongly indicative of scum!sheep” why does egix not really do anything to prosecute it for the rest of D2?
In post 1937, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1928, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1920, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1917, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 1916, Egix96 wrote:this already happened with me and Fark
let's not, thanks
^ Egix's daily prodge. I'm starting to doubt my read on him.
I really do not have that much to say tho

(also I'm multitabling)
You must ahve somethign to say. Your startign to remind me of the game where you were scum. Where you were rather quite and sheeped votes.

Only for you to suddenly get talkative when you were suddenly in teh last 3 with a confirmed townie.
All right
I approve of the fact that Sheepmeep is now at L-1
Like this is such a meh response to someone who is supposedly your top scumread — why aren’t you calling for intent/hammering?
In post 2517, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1075, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:I'll review sheep's ISO when I get a chance (also Egix). Sheep didn't stick out to me much at all on my chrono catchup.
In post 1091, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:@tchill - I read sheep's ISO and I'm not seeing the problem with it that you do. Also I'm not thrilled that garmr's on him. I know that you came away from you v. garmr thinking TvT, but I'm not so sure.
Damn it Rabid, why you gotta have such bad associatives...
I think there were already people moving towards rabid, so this felt like setting up to pivot onto that. Idk it just didn’t convince me as a real SR and again, it wasn’t prosecuted.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2720, Titus wrote:Menalque, I would like to hear your Egix thoughts.
Ask and ye shall receive
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by Menalque »