killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by killa seven »

I dont like the way gimbo acted around the hammer of fl and his "shit post" but knowing gimbo he allways acts spazzy so its hard to tell if hes over anxious scum or just being a crazy player as allways. i need to look into the farie case the wagon came pretty fast.

LOOKIT THE LITTLE BIRDIE

FaerieLord - 3 (SpyreX, Manito, Knight of Cydonia)
Manito - 1 (FaerieLord)
Gimbo - 1 (Firestarter)
Firestarter - 1 (armlx)
killa seven - 1 (CF Riot)

Not Voting - Joubert, killa seven, SpyreX, Firestarter, Corinthian, LaptopGun, ShadowGirl, dcorbe, Bogre, LlamaFluff

15 alive, 8 to lynch.

-Mod
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hmmmm.... and what do you know of Gimbo's alignment?
Nothing, of course. Personally, I think he was town.

However, thats not the point I'm making. I'm saying the argument of "the mod took him out instead of modkilling him, therefore he is scum" is a BAD one.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

More Page by Page work. I will have the game finished with a vote and case tonight.

-Page 6-

armix/K7 argue

(129) Manito makes a joke sounding FoS on K7 (sides with armix?)

(130) Corin sides with K7

(132) FS calls forbiddan town

(138) TLG doesnt like K7 reactions

(139) TLG doesnt like FS line, still is being vauge on final conclusions

(141) CFR calls FS on not voting, and votes K7 on reactons to forbiddan selfvote, I like this post

(142) *ugh* agreement from manito with armix and then furthering a case with bad logic, also calls K7 scum, even though what he quoted seems to suggest K7 overagressive town

(144) forbiddan votes K7 saying her plan worked

ninja'd discussion

-Page 7-

(150)
SpyreX wrote: there are enough questions about forbid's alignment that we're going to have to lynch before lylo.
I dont like this, seems to say "we need to lynch forbiddan eventually". Spyrex also called her actions a possible scum gambit, still not voting though

(151) Bogre agrees with armix, this is mafia not follow the leader people

(152) FS seems to OMGUS CFR for a legitimate post

(154) FS offically FoS-OMGUSs CFR

(160) Manito agrees with Bogre, who agreed with armix. I also noticed that Manito is voting armix who he agrees with

(161) Spyrex correctly calls FS on OMGUS, but still is very hesitant about forbiddan

Arguing

(168) SPyrex agrees with gimbo on a legitimate point

(173) Joubert quotes a lot of stuff, but really doesnt make any noticeable conclusions.

-Page 8-

(178) armix joins forbiddan wagon

(180) text wall, some points of intrest though - good analysis on joubert. I like the analysis on manito, but I am not sure how you come to a town conclusion on him. You point out he is overly agreeable, dont point out +town things, a town conclusion bares the question "why?" K7 get overagressive town read, lots of questions and a vote for forbiddan

(181) manito claims to of had no origional ideas, agrees again and votes forbiddan

(182) gimbo jumps on forbiddan wagon

(183) Forbiddan defends, but it seems to mostly be "you misinterpreted it"

(185) Borge calls bad defense, says starting to think forbiddan is scum. Makes ironic statement of discussion stimulus

(187) manito seems to want to find a way out of the wagon, not as sure on forbiddan as scum

(190) corin pushes at forbiddan, not voting her

(192) FS votes forbiddan

(194) Corinthain votes forbiddan

FS and forbiddan argue

-Page 9-

(200) Bogre dislikes forbiddan statement without saying why

(206) FL replaces, wants to lynch forbiddan because its better either way for the town

(207) armix calls her on it

LTG goes on meta spree for no apparent reason

(215) TLG still says forbiddan is scum

(222) FL goes between common sense and gut, but doesnt say what they are

-Page 10-

(225) Joubert again posts without making any real conclusions

forbiddan and FS argue (again)

(230) Corin thinks forbiddan/FS are distancing

MORE and MORE FS/forbiddan arguements
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Joubert »

SpyreX wrote:Joubert. 5 posts this entire game. He feels like he makes the half-cases and sees if anyone else is going to run with them. Also his "I suspect I'll be thought of as scummy for my little amount of posts" statement REALLY bothers me. Not to mention the position and, honestly, lack of reasoning for his vote on Forbidden.
Correction:
YOUR
statement really bothers
ME
. Because as I can see, you will stick to it. Gimme Hell, boy... Come on...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Joubert »

and who the hell are u mister? u're pissed cuz i was the hammer vote and fl is town, its not my fault! had she flip scum, you'd be thanking me rite now
Anyways, the thory still applies, even to Gimbo. Hammer, and you'll be spotted for the rest of your life. Morals of the story? Don't hammer ever, whatever your situation...
Spyrex wrote:I might have worded that poorly. Not because they didn't vote, but BEFORE then I had suspicions on them all and, oddly enough, none of them also voted. I thought that was interesting enough to warrant mention.
Bullshit. This is retrospective self-confirmation. This can be forged anywhere in any circumstance. And the fact that you also confirm this "mention" is more of a oddball, actually...
Firestarter wrote:If your suggesting that Im pissed because YOU hammered before me, then I'd consider that laughable...
Why do you bring that on the table? It's not laughable, it's just illogic...
Knight of Cydonia wrote:For a poorly-reasoned hammer (although others may have done the same, but at least they'd give reasons), and because he's been really scummy after that.
Really scummy, but no explanation about it...
Well Gimbo just went up a few ticks on my scum radar. Question to people who played with him before: Is he normally such a joker? Seems scummy to me.
Scummy because of 2-3 lines of text almost unrelated to anything relevant? Whew, you can stretch, but strech evenly...

PBPA and PbA, what do those mean, by the way?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Correction: YOUR statement really bothers ME. Because as I can see, you will stick to it. Gimme Hell, boy... Come on...
What am I sticking to? Pick your poison:
That you have a low post count?
That, you made the statement that it would make you thought of as scummy (instead of rectifying it if you thought it was scummy)?
That you've made half-cases and haven't really done anything with them?
Or...that you were on the wagon without really explaining your vote?
Bullshit. This is retrospective self-confirmation. This can be forged anywhere in any circumstance. And the fact that you also confirm this "mention" is more of a oddball, actually...
I'm not sure what i've done that sticks in your craw, but thats fine. I did NOT build cases on them because they didn't vote. I thought they were scummy and the fact they also didn't vote was another thing I noticed I felt was commenting about.

The second part of that statement was: I've gotten into why a little bit, but later on I'll post more in detail.

This, of course, implies that there was things I had mentioned before AND that I was going to post more in detail later... if it was because they didn't vote, what else would I say?

And, for the record... that thing I've questioned you about with your half-cases and seeing if someone will take the banner forward for you? You're doing it again, right above here.
Show

Proud member of BaM
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I am all caught up now *cheer* final pages analysis here. I will orginize a case, vote and a few FoSs soon. Also
mod
can we get prods/replacements on dcorbe and ShadowGirl?

-Page 11-

(250) ugh block of text, was simplified later so will mention then

(252) spyrex says forbiddan is fundamentally the best lynch

(256) much simpler. town read - armix, joubert, spyrex, gimbo, corin, manito, bogre. neutral - shadow. scum read - K7, FL, FS, CFR, dcorbe, LTG

(257) forbiddan votes CFR

(258) FL makes case skeletons against manito, dcorbe and gimbo

(260) corin defends gimbo

(263) spyrex thinks if forbiddan is town, FS should be looked at

(265) KOC LoS is only forbiddan, votes forbiddan

(266) armix asks for hammer (this was L-3 lol)

(274) KOC wants forbiddan hammered regardless of alignment

-Page 12-

(276) KOC says it again

(282) Joubert votes forbiddan, seems slightly OMGUS and he seems afraid that it will "follow him" which to me suggests forbiddan=town

(285) manito seems to be happy with his vote to the extent he feels he needs not say anything else

(287) KOC agrues with forbiddan over the wanting of her hammered. I side with forbiddan here, it sounded like you thought as town it would be better off to have her lynched too.

(289) TLG still supporst forbiddan lynch

(291) I dont like for CFR says he only has time for things related to him (defense and suspects), but the rest of the post seems like a legitimate train of thought that he has had in this game, votes forbiddan

(292) manito attack FL for playstyle issues, misunderstands meta into an attack. Then starts defending his quietness on a lack of any other evidence. Sounds like he really wants a forbiddan lynch, but really doesnt seem to want to be pushing one.

(293) corin agrees with manito

(297) FL defends, a little overagressive defense, but it makes sense for the most part given what he was attacked for

-Page 13-

forbiddan and KOC fight

(309) forbiddan offers to self hammer

(310) corin calls it WIFOM

(311) shadowgirl, in her first game related post in a week, says its antitown

(313) FS thinks forbiddan is a mislynch due to not enough info

(315) K7 says dont selfhammer if you are town

(319) gimbo hammers

(321) spyrex expresses some uncertanty about his vote

(322) manito does a PBPA of FL. Part of your case in based on the unwillingness to vote, seriously, go meta. This is his playstyle. Quite a few mentions of the "cases" which arent really great, but give OMGUS vibes. Also the continued conflict over your inital big post against him, which I said really didnt look apealing already.

-Page 14-

(325) FL votes manito

(326) Spyrex wants to look at the people who didnt vote, in contrast to his 263 ideas

(327) KOC FoSs K7 (didnt bold it)

(328) armix wants to look at CFR and FS

(329) FS votes gimbo, FoSs K7

(335) KOC votes gimbo on meta reasons partially

(340) LTG wants to focus on K7, FoS not a vote

(341) Bogre wants to look at people late on the wagon

(344) armix votes FS, case promised later

(345) spyrex puts up cases on FL, LTG and FS

(347) manito votes FL. Main points seem to be
-voting him but not forbidden
-fluff posting (which I dont see)
-being emotional

(348) KOC debates between gimbo and FL, unvotes

(349) CFRs main suspicions seems to be gimbo, k7 and FS. Votes K7

-Page 15-

(350) FL defends

(352) gimbo votes manito, FoS on FS and LTG

(362) manito keeps pushing FL

(365) spyrex pushes FL

(367) Now theres a sexy analysis

(368) KOC votes FL, I dont like how he dismisses K7 due to inactivity though. Lurking does not change alignment.

(370) FS introduces some rediculus information that gimbo getting replaced is a scum tell

(374) LTG debates a pressure vote on K7. Suspects seem to be FL, gimbo and FS too.

-Page 16-

At least this game is active

(378) I dont get it, is this OMGUS?

(379) Joubert seems to defend gimbo
Co-host of The USL Show
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by Manito »

I hate these types of PBPA - there's so little analysis, and so much recap. I hate reading these extraordinarily long posts that basically condense 16 pages I've already READ into a string of one liners. Only a few of your notes actually have your ideas or opinions, the rest is really just a condensed retelling of what we already know.

More substance, more of what you actually see from the posts, and less of what we all see, please...
Games (Won Scum/Won Town/Lost Either):
1-0-0
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

SpyreX wrote: Like I said then - if you dont like the lynch, say so. Sitting on the sidelines isn't going to help the town.
No. Derailing the lynch is a bad idea. That lynch would provide us with information, and with no such thing as a claim to help us decide, that lynch was needed. I was not going to stop that lynch.

All your points revolve around this. Even as town, the Forbiddan lynch had to be made.
Knight wrote:So, I will Vote: FaerieLord for schizophrenia, wall-of-texting to try and avoid questions, and the way his calm demeanour has completely cracked under any kind of pressure.
And this is what I don't like, and not because it is on me. First of all, I have not been avoiding any questions. Please direct me to any question I have dodged. Secondly, tell me how my posting style has changed? At best it's slightly more aggressive, but I am still pretty calm. Also, since when is wall of texting a scum tell?

But that's not it. In the last post you said you cannot see me being scum, and that was day 1.5, not day 1.
Manito wrote:I hate these types of PBPA - there's so little analysis, and so much recap. I hate reading these extraordinarily long posts that basically condense 16 pages I've already READ into a string of one liners. Only a few of your notes actually have your ideas or opinions, the rest is really just a condensed retelling of what we already know.

More substance, more of what you actually see from the posts, and less of what we all see, please...
This is where we disagree. I like those points because it shows what Llama is thinking. Opinions will come out eventually.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Manito - 142 wrote:
I'm with Armlx on this one, and to quote the old addage - LAL.

Pulling something like this as a supposed "town" aligned player is bad juju...you don't lie, that is part of what defines us. Firestarter really nailed it on the head:
Furthering the case against forbidden with false information (LAL) while agreeing with all other points by armix

In his 160, Manito agrees with Bogre, who agrees with armix, who says forbiddan is scummy.
Manito wrote: Spyrex, you hit the nail on the head on that note - no one who is town would imply the possibility that they are scum.
More pushing of forbiddan, this time with a vote. Once again though on a point that another player established

187 seems like manito is asking someone to provide an alternative to forbiddan. Using phrases like "logical defense" "my vote stands
for now
and "im not convinced of innocence" both imply thoughts of forbiddan being town, since she is using good defense and the way convinced of innocence was used, it sounded like "but I can be" should of been added on. 'for now' obviously implies ability to be swayed easily
Manito - 243 wrote: (1) was it successful in revealing mafia?

and

(2) whether was it a (a)scum tactic to throw suspicion off a partner, or a (b)town tactic to incite action from scum - was the action itself too questionable in execution to exclude part (a)?
This sounds like a passive defense of forbiddan, who you are voting at this point. By throwing out the possibility that the plan worked, that would also imply that forbiddan is town, which your vote does not reflect.

Manito - 285 wrote: You guys get all in a huff about "Manito just agrees with everyone" and "Manito doesn't post enough" - why would I post a bunch of inane garbage and rhetoric when I've already voted for the person I currently believe is the scummiest. I'd be more concerned with the fence-riders and the people who have no opinion, personally...
This gets good, this post alone merits a few votes. Now, of COURSE you arent going to just spam to post or anything like that, however you are not playing like town. You seem to be very happy with your vote on forbiddan. So what? The lack of a push from you to actually get forbiddan lynched, especially with the town flip on her, makes me think that you intentionally refused to push the case and become a major part of her lynch in fear of being called on it subsequent days.

On top of all that you say that the people who are fence sitting should be looked at, not you. Pushing people away from a stance you take claiming people who chose other stances are scummy is in itself, scummy
Manito - 292 wrote:My statement was that the discussion had come to a standstill, which is exactly what forbiddan stated, and couldn't have put it better: If she dies, she dies, if she doesn't, who does? Because frankly no one else is discussing any other options. I stated that I don't like to sit around and post just for the sake of posting, especially after having voted. My vote is in, and I have explained exactly why I voted.
Again, there is a difference between posting for the sake of posting, and pushing a case on scum. You choose to do neither and just sit there complaining that we want you to post more and get some origional ideas.

Furthermore, somthing interesting about your playstyle is, it picked up the moment you came under suspicion from FL. Untill this point you seemed content just going with the flow and making minor comments. Including the random stage, you had ten posts before FL made the case against you. Since then you have had 13 posts, with far more substance then before. Going from posting little over 5 lines per post and less then a post a day average to posting large blocks of text, and averaging nearly three posts per day, that is just amazing. Something changed there, and I think lurker scum came out fighting.

vote Manito

side note as you posted as I was writing this. The recap is for as much my benifit at figuring out what happened as everyone elses. If I went into extream detail with every post I thought had significance, I would still be stuck on page five. When I make cases, like this, I have plenty more analysis.

opinions on a few others to come later tonight, tomorrow at latest
Co-host of The USL Show
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Post by Manito »

lol, I'm averaging 3 posts a day because I'm playing two different games now, and I'm new to the site...

You might look at join dates before you start quoting stats.
This sounds like a passive defense of forbiddan, who you are voting at this point. By throwing out the possibility that the plan worked, that would also imply that forbiddan is town, which your vote does not reflect.
Passive defense? How is fact hunting a passive defense...?
seems like manito is asking someone to provide an alternative to forbiddan. Using phrases like "logical defense" "my vote stands for now and "im not convinced of innocence" both imply thoughts of forbiddan being town, since she is using good defense and the way convinced of innocence was used, it sounded like "but I can be" should of been added on. 'for now' obviously implies ability to be swayed easily
The entire forbiddan fiasco was a tough call, because there was so much discussion on both sides. In the end, I didn't feel that forbiddan's defense was anything more than OMGUS, which was not enough to convince me to retract my vote.
This gets good, this post alone merits a few votes. Now, of COURSE you arent going to just spam to post or anything like that, however you are not playing like town. You seem to be very happy with your vote on forbiddan. So what? The lack of a push from you to actually get forbiddan lynched, especially with the town flip on her, makes me think that you intentionally refused to push the case and become a major part of her lynch in fear of being called on it subsequent days.
"I'm not playing like town" - in whose eyes? Since you're a replacement, I'll cut you some slack, but let's not forget that technically speaking, you're the one who hammered when there was still a lot of discussion going on. That wasn't a particularly town move. I didn't push for her lynch because that isn't what I typically do, if you read over my other posts. I prefer to post the facts as I see them, and let people make up their own minds, rather than trying to be forceful and coercive...
Furthering the case against forbidden with false information (LAL) while agreeing with all other points by armix
Someone please explain how that wasn't LAL - forbiddan lied to all of us about why she self-voted and made herself look all scummy, and then all of the sudden flipped around and basically said "hey, just kidding guys, I was trying to bait scum" - please, someone explain how doing that ISN'T a lie. You can't! A lie is a lie now matter how much you try to cover it up. LAL totally applies to that situation.
Furthermore, somthing interesting about your playstyle is, it picked up the moment you came under suspicion from FL.
Suspicion? You call counting my posts being suspicious of me? My "playstyle" picked up because FL's playstyle changed drastically, and actually gave me a reason to post. Up to that point, it was largely watching a boring battle of FS and forbiddan yelling and namecalling back and forth. No logic, nothing but a bunch of OMGUS back and forth...
Games (Won Scum/Won Town/Lost Either):
1-0-0
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

LlamaFluff wrote:
mod
can we get prods/replacements on dcorbe and ShadowGirl?
Searching for a replacement for dcorbe. ShadowGirl has been prodded by request.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Joubert »

SpyreX, you said I made half-cases. Do you have any advice as to how I could transform them into whole-cases? I mean, if there's not enough material to work with, it's hard to come to clear hypothesis, let alone clear conclusions...
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

And this is what I don't like, and not because it is on me. First of all, I have not been avoiding any questions. Please direct me to any question I have dodged. Secondly, tell me how my posting style has changed? At best it's slightly more aggressive, but I am still pretty calm. Also, since when is wall of texting a scum tell?
As any good Mafia player knows, there's a difference between posting a response, and actually answering points levied at you. Looking back, almost all of you replies to Manito's queries have been "I already answered this", and then a really hasty-looking line summarising, which often doesn't properly answer the question. You then got annoyed when people continued to ask those questions.
(368) KOC votes FL, I dont like how he dismisses K7 due to inactivity though. Lurking does not change alignment.
I said I was going to put K7 aside for a moment - there's not much point in questioning someone who's lurking until they begin to make a commitment to the game.
Speaking of which, K7 has only posted about 5 posts that are more than a sentence long, and they seem to be perfectly placed just as people start thinking
about a prod. Lurking in open sight anyone?
K7, I want a full analysis, if not of the whole day, then at least of 1.5 so far from you, and preferably an LoS of some kind, even if it's just a couple of people that you really suspect. I will begin to look at voting you if you continue to lurk like this.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:55 am

Perhaps I should make that first statement clearer - that one-line summary isn't actually summarising an earlier answer - it's just ad-libbed, in most cases, and barely answers most questions, if at all.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:59 am

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, you said I made half-cases. Do you have any advice as to how I could transform them into whole-cases? I mean, if there's not enough material to work with, it's hard to come to clear hypothesis, let alone clear conclusions...
It's really not that hard to make a half into a whole. Key 1 is actually placing a vote, explaining why. The other part of it would be taking more than one thing and putting it together cohesively to support your vote.

Statments like:
Really scummy, but no explanation about it...
Just BEG for someone else to take up your comment and make a case on it. That doesn't do the town any good and, to me, makes you appear really, really scummy.

Opinons aren't bad. It's when someone is trying to push discussion without really stating their opinions that bothers me.
Show

Proud member of BaM
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

ShadowGirl has requested replacement.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:29 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

My second pick for scum is someone who really seems to be going unnoticed, but on a reread concerned me quite a bit. That would be Corinthian.

Now for the most part of the early game, Corin played to the extent where nothing was added, a few meta comments, confusion about random stage, and no serious votes. It wasnt untill 130 where he took a stance on something even.
Corinthian wrote: I can agree with killa's basic idea- it kinda looks like forbid gave up and self-voted cause she was feeling attacked. But voting someone you think is a townie to see if she "really wants to play this game" is a stupid plan.
So a bit of siding with K7, previously unmentioned, to put pressure on forbiddan, also previously unmentioned.

Debate then goes on and on about forbiddan, and Corin jump in eventually with
Corinthian wrote:Am I missing something?

Forbiddan claims to have been acting out a clever plan, right? A trap into which K7 fell?

What exactly was this brilliant plan, anyway? Look scummy and self-vote to see who else joins the wagon? How is that a trap for scum?

If one intentionally tries to be scummy to get votes, all that proves is that people will vote for players who act like scum.
I cant really get the just of this. It seems to take a great stance where it can be interpreted to whatever is needed, making it a noncommital quote towards both forbiddan and K7, who at this point were becoming the people that had a high lynch chance.

He simply doesnt agree with the plan, saying it was a bad thing to do. Although the option of it catching K7 is mentioned. So while taking a stance on what he thinks of the plan, the thoughts on the players involved in it are left out.

Soon after, he joins the forbiddan wagon because he thinks she did not actually have a plan at all. This reasonin was something that FS pointed out
Corinthian wrote:Agree with forbid on the last two posts.

She's right, I've sniped her arguments, but she repeatedly called me probable town.

starting to think there is something to her repeated accusations that firestarter is twisting her words.

Also, she's right that most of what people are talking about right now is her case and whether or not it's scummy.

Doesn't make her town, but does make it look like firestarter might be trying hard to distance himself.
I dont like this post. It sounds like in this post, he is starting to give forbiddan=town some credibility as FS is "twisting her words"

How people talking about her case does not seem relevent at all in this post either, which to me seems to be more geared at an attack on FS for pushing forbiddan who he is voting. The word distancing is used, but with forbiddan flipping town, it smells of setting up D2 lynch as "twisting words" could now be called a scum move.
Corinthian wrote: small FoS to Faerie Lord for saying he doesn't want to discuss other people until we resolve the forbid issue.
I dont see you trying to either pull a wagon off forbiddan or push it to lynch. You just are sitting there acting conflicted. FL is at least trying to do something.
Corinthian wrote: So now we've got manito vs. FaerieLord

well, we know which side KC is on.

what the hell, why not ask forbid and fire what they think about this discussion?
ugly post. Town should not be trying to make it player vs player, or even promoting that possibility. In this post, you also manage to not really back anyone up while pointing out an argument. From previous posts you have a small FoS on FL, for wanting to concentrate on forbiddan (your vote) and a playstyle thing (go meta). I dont see any mention of manito from you up untill this point either
Corinthian wrote:Are we going to have the "would a townie self-hammer?" debate now? I've seen it argued both ways: only scum would suggest self-hammering/ scum would never suggest it.

It is a little odd that K7 decided to leave off contributing, considering he's a main player in the forbid discussion.
Finally we have his last post, he hasnt said anything D1.5 yet. In this he trys to make forbiddan a WIFOM arguement, while not taking a definate stance on it for it meaning town or scum. After that though, you go as far to try and throw some dirt on K7, who has got quiet. It had been about a week since you even mentioned him at this point, and close to a lynch mudslinging looks bad.

HoS Corinthian
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

My third suspect would be Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Wow. well, this was going to be a full LoS, but I'd actually like to have a focused look at forbiddan light.
Nice tunnel vision to enter the game with. While having a clear suspect is never a bad thing, we now have no idea of your inital thoughts on most players, on most arguments and ideas, on other wagons. We just know you want forbiddan dead. The way this is said also implies a later return to look at other players, which never did happen. D1 you spent just about the whole time pushing for a fobiddan lynch.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I honestly think if the town doesn't lynch forbidden after quite possibly the scummiest first day I ever did see, we're screwed. Anyone who acts this scummy as town is a hindrance, and anyone who acts so blatantly obvious as scum is a gift.

And like my mum says, never refuse a gift. Because you can always get store credit.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
anyone who acts this way as town is a hindrance
Quite frankly, m'dear, if you are town, I'd be almost as happy to see you go. You're doing nothing by playing this way other than helping the Mafia.
Now, I have to side with what forbiddan said here. These two quotes to me basically boil down to the following statement -

"I think you are scum, but as a townie you dont have much use, so lynching you isnt horrible either way"

I have seen this debate a few times, and my position is always the same. A townie who is not too good is still a townie. They are still a body that mafia needs to get lynched, NK or endgame. Killing off someone because they are not a good player is handing scum a free pass for the day.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:It certainly looks like a initial strategy that went wrong, to me. I think fl is almost certainly (99.9999% sure) scum, and if so, I'd suggest having a big look at killa's reaction in 1.5. They've both played a lot of WIFOM throughout the day, so I'd say they look a lot like a pair trying to play a strategy. Killa, I'm less certain of than fl, but only because he's been a bit quiet - I'm actually leaning town with him, if only because I think he realised that his trying to draw aggro players out isn't necessarily going to draw out the family. I think it's most likely that if fl is scum(and I'm sure she is), so is he, though.
First of all I
hate
with a passion people who do the 99% scum stuff, this is always bull to make your case just look better. The rest of this post is ripe with contradiction though. At first KOC says that fobiddan is scum (grr) and given that she is scum, we should take a close look at K7 tomorrow because he thinks that they were playing very similary. At the same time though, you have a town read on K7. You train of thought goes forbiddan scum -> K7 scum. So why do you say that K7 is town? You again finish with forbiddan and K7 are scum. What is K7 and why?
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Yeah, look, fl, we all know you're scum, or the most retarded townie ever, so stop trying to throw crap out there to try and get a townie lynch day 1.5.
Tunnel vision and personal attacks... words exchanged that make both players look a little assy
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I don't think it's as black and white as that, SpyreX. Looking at it as "You didn't vote because you wanted to avoid people looking at you!" can go on into a WIFOM chain long enough to tow the Earth back form the Medusa Cascade. If fl had been playing normally as opposed to a crap, one-dimensional complete-lack-of-defence, then we could look at the votes to see what's what. As it is, she probably fooled as many townies as she made goons happy. For now, based on yesterday, I will FoS Killa7, simply because he quite happily went completely AWOL while forbiddan dug herself a deeper and deeper hole, turning up only when it was a near certainty she would be lynched.
Defends people who werent voting (good) and then FoSs K7 for lurking (not as good) it would be nice to see a case to back this up a bit

Here he bounces around between Gimbo, K7 and FL. As of 351, FL gets an annoyed read, Gimbo townish, and K7 as scummiest seeming.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:That said, your... somewhat belligerent offensive has worked. FL has changed completely from Day 1 - if he was town, I'd expect him to have been more consistent in voting style, instead of jumping in feet-first, a complete change from "I vote rarely." So, I will
Vote: FaerieLord
for schizophrenia, wall-of-texting to try and avoid questions, and the way his calm demeanour has completely cracked under any kind of pressure.
Finally a bit of a case with a vote. I may not agree with a FL scum read, but its something. Again though it really isnt a novel idea though. Out of his three suspects, gimbo got replaced which alleviated suspicion there, and K7 really wasnt moving towards a lynch. It seems as if he took the safest vote and parroted the reasons for it here.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I said I was going to put K7 aside for a moment - there's not much point in questioning someone who's lurking until they begin to make a commitment to the game.
Speaking of which, K7 has only posted about 5 posts that are more than a sentence long, and they seem to be perfectly placed just as people start thinking
about a prod. Lurking in open sight anyone?
This again bugs me a little. If you have a scum read on K7, which given forbiddan flipping town I am a little surprised at, you should follow up your lead. You can ask questions to lurkers, vote lurkers and ask the mod to prod lurkers.

Overall though with KOC, I get a very scummy D1 play, and a more neutral D2 play, which is the only real reason I have him below Corin on my suspicion list.

FoS Knight of Cydonia
even though I still love that song, long time Muse fan.

I am now open to questions and comments since I feel fully caught up so fire away
Co-host of The USL Show
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I'm probably not going to be able to post tomorrow. Going into Boston all day for the Red Sox game (at night), and chances of me having internet access is slim to none.

Vote: Killa 7
Persistent lurker needs some motivation to come back, I guess. I'm gonna stipulate that I do not believe that, unlike what Llama thinks, Killa 7 was not groomed to be the topic of the day by one of the other suspects. I don't think it's the case at all, but if anyone has some further thoughts on it I'm glad to hear them.

I'm running out of fingers to count all of the people who are not drawing conclusions on the dirt they dig up, Hell I need to do a better job of it. This is really turning into a null tell for this game if everyone keeps doing it.

Just to clarify for Llama and others: I did go wicked overboard constructing a meta defense for arlmx. At the time it seemed perfectly reasonable I don't consider FS scum, behavior is telling me town. Not liking Gimbo/Llama, but evidence seems to support Gimbo always act that way and Llama hasn't done anything wrong in my eyes.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Joubert »

Just BEG for someone else to take up your comment and make a case on it. That doesn't do the town any good and, to me, makes you appear really, really scummy.
Aaaaahhh, okay, that's not what it meant. I should have used quotes somewhere. Let me correct:
Knight of Cydonia wrote: For a poorly-reasoned hammer (although others may have done the same, but at least they'd give reasons), and because he's been really scummy after that.
"Really scummy" (like, quoting the last words of the quote above), but no explanation about it. In other words, I was reprehending KoC for his affirmation of "really scummy" out of the blue...

I hope it's clearer now...
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:12 am

By really scummy, I mean the way he popped up, drew fl into the light, made sure she had a few votes, then laid down a mid-group vote, so as not to appear to be hammering or just wagoning. Ever since the fl lynch, he's gone to ground, posted about 4 times, and instead of actually defending himself, he's just said "Oh... um... Gimbo looks bad, yeah, for teh same reasons everyone else has given... and um... I'm gonna look at FaerieLord because everyone else is..."
Right now, It just looks to me like he's trying to lurk in the crowd, posting statements full of nothingness to avoid a prod, which would make us look at him again.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Firestarter »

Connectivity will be low for the next 2 days guys, Ill try to get on at some point during this time.
('') (':') ('')
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by CF Riot »

I've been rereading as promised. My last post mentioned Gimbo(pre-Llama), Fire, Faerie/Manito, and K7 as suspects.

Since Llama has replaced, I've gotten protown reads. If it had been anyone but Gimbo I'd still suspect Llama a bit because the play right before Gimbo got kicked was really crazy. But everyone's said really crazy is the norm for Gimbo, so I'll give Llama a clean slate and judge him purely by his own play.

K7 still hasn't posted. I reread all his posts up till now, and a few of them seem sort of townish, but the majority still seem scummy to me, and he's still lurking.

Firestarter has been a tough read. I disagree with 90% of what he's said this game, but that alone doesn't mean he's scum either. Going back there are some things that stand out to me as townish, just like K7. The post asking people not to hammer Forbid seems genuine. However the post right after that he says, "BTW, Im not trying to stop players from voting [Forbid], Im merely asking for a thourough look through the posts that were made since the FL/K7 exchange flared up." He specifically asks that no one hammer, then claims he's not trying to stop anyone from hammering. This seems to be the theme with him the entire game. Pushing an idea, then saying it's okay to disagree with him or he's unsure so he's going to keep his options open. I also think some of the reasoning behind his Gimbo vote is totally bogus. One has to do with his apology outside the game and another has to do with how he was removed.

The Faerie/Manito duel has been interesting. I'm siding with FL on this one. I think most of Manito's case is stretching or plain wrong. In post 322 he accuses FL of ignoring a post by SpyreX. It wasn't really a question, more like a request, but still FL seemed to directly answer that request in post 258. There are lots of examples like this where Manito is accusing FL of things that FL either hasn't done, or aren't scummy the way Manito is painting the out to be. For instance, a lot of people (not just Manito) have found a problem with FL saying he doesn't vote often then voting Manito early 1.5. I'm the same way though, and to me saying "I don't vote often" doesn't mean "I vote slowly." I took it to mean he doesn't switch his votes very often or vote for several different people all in the same day. It seems like FL has decent grounds and is confident in his case against Manito, so his timing isn't based on when the stages of the game change, but when he's decided his opinion of who he finds suspicious. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Apart from Manito's case against FL being flawed, his general play before the fight started was very weak. I don't think agreeing with given opinions is scummy, especially in a 16 person game. However, I do feel like Manito is being very noncommittal in more ways than one. The way he asks for someone to do something about conversation coming to a standstill but not taking a stance himself in post 292 feels scummy. In that same post he -sort of- indicates a suspicion of FL himself, but then gives the disclaimer "but that is only a first impression, because your posts, while frequent and filled with quotes, lack any REAL substance." And again, in the way he puts in his vote for FL
after
SpyreX starts the vote himself. Manito gave his entire PbPa of FL with no vote. Sees and responds to FL's D1.5 vote and doesn't vote. Then after he confirms support from another player, goes in and adds his own actual vote. I know he's said this is time related, but that seems pretty convenient.

Lastly, I have a new suspect in Knight of Cydonia. His attitude during the Forbid lynch seemed over-the-top. Now the way he changes his vote from Gimbo to FL seems out of place to me. In post 348 he says he's noticed how FL's play has changed since yesterday, but says he's still torn because he's "hard to judge". This is where he unvotes Gimbo. His next post is 351 and he says he's leaning town on FL because he has good posting under the new heat. But then right after that with only one 1-line post from FL in between, he votes FL for "
schizophrenia
, wall-of-texting to try and avoid questions, and the way
his calm demeanour has completely cracked under any kind of pressure
. " Two of those being things he'd said weren't that scummy two posts ago.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I'm back. Red Sox win. All is good.

It's good we have someone pointing out flaws in Manito. It seems most others who talked about the M/FL spat seem to focus on FL. I'd like to hear both sides, unlike what we got for the last lynch. <waits for Manito to claim CF's defense of FL is a sign they're both mafia>
LaptopGun wrote: I'm gonna stipulate that I do not believe that, unlike what Llama thinks, Killa 7 was not groomed to be the topic of the day by one of the other suspects.
Hahaha. Gotta love those double negatives. Please excuse the bad grammar. I was trying to say that I do not believe killa 7 was deliberately set up to be a topic of the day by the mafia (implying that he's town and thus a patsy).
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”