Micro 898 | Forest Fire | Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

hi january, read on BS rnow?
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by january »

wrt BS - i had something copy and pasted but i accidentally lost it whoops
really have no idea how confident i am on penguin, so whatever % unsure-ness on him is probably on BS

thought bs was towny at game start bc maf probably wouldn't be so confident to literally claim maf for half a game. but hes intentionally trying to create that meta and he'd probably be doing the same thing as scum or town - he's intentionally making himself unreadable i guess?

wary of him for keeping on the "claim scum" thing for way too long, but i think he'd be more likely to do that as town so

i hope hes town? that way my read is right? but at the same time i hope he's scum bc he's easier to lynch (lol)
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by january »

ya sorry was responding

but that's super fencesit-y so i'll say town for now
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by january »

i have a somewhat similar mentality as u on banakai although maybe a little more confident on it flipping town?

i've wasted too much energy fighting the lynch and at this point it might just make me feel better to confidently say "I told you so" afterwards.
i do wish that banakai put more effort in so that it's not just gonna be "well he was scummy" tomorrow with no discussion bc he never tried to fight the lynch
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by january »

anyways

very interested for your reasoning of voting me bc i was quite a bit surprised by that
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

btw my problems with you were

well I think I had this like fever dream while I was sick that everything clicked together and I KNEW you were scum for some reason but now that I'm actually thinking about it I have nothing like that

I did feel that you coming into Psyche's slot were doing exactly what a scum!january would need to do to win the game however. Like you come in with one hard scum read on Gamma, basically just sheeping me, and then when Gamma turns out to be an IC you kinda flounder for a while and from an outside perspective it felt to me like you were panicking a little bit. The jump to challenging the Penguin town reads instead of say, Blatant Scum, who was next in line on your reads list seemed off to me, like you needed to break up the consensus town reads first instead of going for the lower hanging lynch bait in order to win. There's also the fact that you're paranoid of me at first, and then when I express suspicions of you, you completely drop that paranoia which sorta read like a desperate attempt to pocket me?

A lot of this might seem like conf biasing, and maybe it is, but I think it's important to get it all out there anyway.

Also, I kinda feel like your Banakai "town tell" is very weak and the extent to which you're defending him reads TMI.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1753, january wrote:i've wasted too much energy fighting the lynch and at this point it might just make me feel better to confidently say "I told you so" afterwards.
i do wish that banakai put more effort in so that it's not just gonna be "well he was scummy" tomorrow with no discussion bc he never tried to fight the lynch
Yeah this is pretty much how I feel

I definitely don't have the energy to fight it and Banakai's actions don't make it easy to care
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Let me know if any of that needs clarifying I'm still a little out of sorts
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Am I allowed to vote Banakai yet
Would still kinda prefer Jan but I also like the reasons for Banakai
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Seems that's the consensus for today - though Dann's post on jan didn't do much to convince me that my current read is wrong.
<(") | (")>
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by january »

will respond in a bit but does tmi stand for something other than “too much information”? i’m not what u mean by TRing someone as too much info
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1758, Gamma Emerald wrote:Am I allowed to vote Banakai yet
Well, one of them is probably scum, so if game doesn’t end with one flip, we lynch the other. I obviously prefer Banaki first.

Maybe I should reread the VCs to see if Banaki was ever in real danger of being lynched but I don’t think so.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1761, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
Well, one of them is probably scum, so if game doesn’t end with one flip, we lynch the other. I obviously prefer Banaki first.

Maybe I should reread the VCs to see if Banaki was ever in real danger of being lynched but I don’t think so.
Nope, Banaki never had more than two votes on him and at one point, only one. So sheep could definitely have still been distancing him.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

One problem for me is that Psyche replaced out during sheep wagon. so we can neither townfirm him or sr him for his play during sheep lynch, so that’s super frustrating.
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by january »

In post 1761, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
if this is really how you’re going to play then i’d rather be flipped first so you listen to me. banakai’s saying the same thing but i think his read’s wrong

i really think you’re all just completely oblivious and if it takes my flip to wake you up then that’s fine lol
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1760, january wrote:will respond in a bit but does tmi stand for something other than “too much information”? i’m not what u mean by TRing someone as too much info
Meaning, I don't think your reasoning for Banakai!town is enough to justify the strength of read you seem to have on him. So that leads me to believe that maybe you have that read because you know his alignment.
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by january »

In post 1755, Dannflor wrote:I did feel that you coming into Psyche's slot were doing exactly what a scum!january would need to do to win the game however. Like you come in with one hard scum read on Gamma, basically just sheeping me, and then when Gamma turns out to be an IC you kinda flounder for a while and from an outside perspective it felt to me like you were panicking a little bit. The jump to challenging the Penguin town reads instead of say, Blatant Scum, who was next in line on your reads list seemed off to me, like you needed to break up the consensus town reads first instead of going for the lower hanging lynch bait in order to win. There's also the fact that you're paranoid of me at first, and then when I express suspicions of you, you completely drop that paranoia which sorta read like a desperate attempt to pocket me?
responding to most of this from memory rn
i don't think i sheeped you... i might have been unconsciously affected by your reads but i'm pretty sure i came to the conclusions on my own? i think my reasoning was pretty original and i think explains most of it? if anything, the read that was affected by you was probably the penguin read (explained in that post too)

assuming IC means clear or something like that? if so, not sure where i seemed panicky. it took me a while to realize that gamma had claimed (only noticed it after pyrrha quoted the gamma - BS dousing interaction thing iirc) honestly, i don't see any reason i would panic about that as scum either. i think i'd be happy that the clear was forced or pushed to claim

like i said b4 i had put gamma way at the bottom so i hadn't really put too much consideration between BS and penguin. but yeah i do have a habit of challenging consensus reads as both town and maf (this game re: both the Penguin and Banakai reads).
best feeling is when everyone has a consensus read on someone and you're the only one who's right (: that's not really why i do it) but back at my home site there was a player who'd always challenge other peoples reads before making their own and their playstyle rubbed off on me i guess

i feel like it'd make more sense for me as scum to go for the lower lynch bait? makes the most sense to me at least not to stand out way too much with the reads when scum

i don't think the timing is right about the last bit? when i said i was paranoid of u i was talking about a d1 read i think? one of the in-progress working reads when i started reading the game but decided to use occam's (or whatever its called- the "simplest answer is most likely right" thing) i don't remember my read on u ever changing since like... before d3 started
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by january »

In post 1765, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1760, january wrote:will respond in a bit but does tmi stand for something other than “too much information”? i’m not what u mean by TRing someone as too much info
Meaning, I don't think your reasoning for Banakai!town is enough to justify the strength of read you seem to have on him. So that leads me to believe that maybe you have that read because you know his alignment.
ohhhh... that's what tmi means here. i thought it meant i was
giving
too much info but that makes a lot more sense

honestly i think that's the weakest part of my play this game. the problem was that once i got into the penguin read a few people just started pushing on me and i felt like i couldn't mention another FoS without getting called even more scummy for "trying to back out of a tunnel after realizing nobody would support it" or something like that. so i just... don't want banakai to be maf so i'm making myself pretty confident that he's not

but i don't think banakai has a higher scum potential than like
penguin or BS... or even pyrrha at this point

i know that there's a slight possibility that i'm embarrasing myself by hard defending scum but i think it's unlikely enough that i'm doing it

but the strongest argument i have against this is:
what benefit do i get from protecting banakai if i'm scum here? i'm honestly not gonna get townread if he flips town anyways so the whiteknighting (is that the right term) has literally no positive payoff for scum!january
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

@january if I’m scum here, I don’t unvote you and switch to Banaki. You’re making this extremely difficult for me to persuade Dann into lynching Banaki over you. :/
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1768, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:@january if I’m scum here, I don’t unvote you and switch to Banaki. You’re making this extremely difficult for me to persuade Dann into lynching Banaki over you. :/
I was hard decided I wouldn’t sheep Dann on you and now I don’t know what to think. I still think Banaki has the best chance of flipping scum but your posts are causing me to seriously question if my tr on you is wrong.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1768, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:@january if I’m scum here, I don’t unvote you and switch to Banaki. You’re making this extremely difficult for me to persuade Dann into lynching Banaki over you. :/
Yeah and I’m pretty much confidently tr everyone else.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1767, january wrote:
ohhhh... that's what tmi means here. i thought it meant i was
giving
too much info but that makes a lot more sense

honestly i think that's the weakest part of my play this game. the problem was that once i got into the penguin read a few people just started pushing on me and i felt like i couldn't mention another FoS without getting called even more scummy for "trying to back out of a tunnel after realizing nobody would support it" or something like that. so i just... don't want banakai to be maf so i'm making myself pretty confident that he's not

but i don't think banakai has a higher scum potential than like
penguin or BS... or even pyrrha at this point

i know that there's a slight possibility that i'm embarrasing myself by hard defending scum but i think it's unlikely enough that i'm doing it

but the strongest argument i have against this is:
what benefit do i get from protecting banakai if i'm scum here? i'm honestly not gonna get townread if he flips town anyways so the whiteknighting (is that the right term) has literally no positive payoff for scum!january
The obvious “benefit” is you’re TMIing him town and you wanting to be flipped first isn’t exactly giving me confidence that it isn’t. If you’re scum here who knows he’s town, why wouldn’t you insist on being flipped first? because you know he’s town and you’re getting lynched after? Your response just doesn’t make sense if you’re town.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1541, Blatant Scum wrote:Gamma - town
Dann - town
Pyrrha - town
Penguin - I think Dann had the point here, that Penguin would bus more obviously.

This leaves Banakai and January as possible scum.
We have 2 lynches.

VOTE: Banakai
Like in contrast this is obvtown as in his reads here, actually make sense, so we are lynching either january or banaki on the next two days, because my confidence in BS town, just keeps increasing.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

Yeah, she keeps hard defending Banaki and throwing shade at everyone else. Maybe I’m wrong and january is the scum and Banaki really is just horribly bad town? These recent posts just don’t make sense coming from january town.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: january

Town!january doesn’t ask to be flipped first.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”