Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Glad to see you survived THE STREETS (tm)
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Creature »

Yes but still not answering
Sigh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 423, Salamence20 wrote:God youre so fucking boring. "Look at me being all safe and cautious with my vote" UGH. Wheres the excitement. The Action? THE DRAMA.

Id put a bullet in you right now not because youre scum, because shit like the above is one day going to fuck me over when you do flip scum, whether it be this game or another.

I hate you so much. UGHGHGHSG
We'll have plenty of time for drama in later days, lol. The current site meta may suffer from many problems but I wouldn't really say a lack of drama is among them :P

Besides, there are 14 players in the game, of which I am but one. Given this playerlist I'm sure there will be plenty of fireworks anyway.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:43 pm

I think I've lost my ability to read Creature, not sure if I've forgotten or if his town and scum playstyles have evolved to be more similar.

I'm not having a hard time imagining him as scum here, but I don't know what that counts for.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by texcat »

I'm town reading Creature. This looks like his town game to me, but it's been awhile.
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Pretentious »

Wtf.

How come literally as soon as I bring up having a gut scum read on Amrun, a wagon forms.

Nah, i was right to lean town there. This is fucked
I will see all of you in the FUN ZONE
Normal Game - Mod Account Mini Normal 2118: Boon Gets Pretentious
Town: 3 w 0 L - Scum: 1 w 0 L

Alt of Flavor Leaf
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Sally's post on SS is super awkward
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 432, DrDolittle wrote:Sally's post on SS is super awkward
Can you do something that doesnt involve me?

And its not really. The style of SS contrasts hard with mine.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 431, Pretentious wrote:Wtf.

How come literally as soon as I bring up having a gut scum read on Amrun, a wagon forms.

Nah, i was right to lean town there. This is fucked
Boon. What do you think of icon?

Btw i just learned icon is not a guy. Neat.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:33 pm

In post 432, DrDolittle wrote:Sally's post on SS is super awkward
Maybe a bit, but he's definitely not the first person to react to me this way. Pops said a very similar thing in G&R I, and she was town.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 415, Amrun wrote:AF: what did you think of creature now?
Well considering he hasn't answered me or elaborated on his reads, nothing's changed there.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 423, Salamence20 wrote:
Something_Smart wrote:And to compound that, I don't focus on finding scum in the early days; I focus on finding town. Who I end up voting on D1 is usually someone outside of my townreads who is being wagoned. Though this obviously varies from game to game.
God youre so fucking boring. "Look at me being all safe and cautious with my vote" UGH. Wheres the excitement. The Action? THE DRAMA.

Id put a bullet in you right now not because youre scum, because shit like the above is one day going to fuck me over when you do flip scum, whether it be this game or another.

I hate you so much. UGHGHGHSG
Yikes... not sure how to feel about this reaction.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 369, Amrun wrote: 1) It depends on the question and the context. In this particular case, I was trying to reaction test alim but it didn’t work because I’m dumb. I kept my vote there because the vote was still the thing that pinged me the most up to that point.
Go on? What reaction test. Why didnt it work?
In post 375, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 341, alimdia wrote:@SOmething_Smart, any reason why you didn't RVS? Just curious.
I almost never do, for a variety of reasons, but mainly that I don't think random votes are necessary to leave RVS (lol), I don't think early wagons generally help to sort people, and I use my vote very sparingly so that it carries more weight.
Okay guys, you heard him. Everyone unvote, and use your votes very sparingly so that it carries more weight.
Wait a second......
In post 376, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 341, alimdia wrote:Also, I just looked through all your posts again. You post very neutral, answer and ask a bunch of questions but haven't drawn any conclusions from them.
You have too many posts for me to link all of them, but I encourage everyone to ISO SOmething_Smart up to Post 310.

I think thats a very strong scumtell.
Ooh, I could take this in a lot of different directions.

For now let's go with this one. Let's assume that town-S_S draws plenty of conclusions, even early on. Since this is something very noticeable, obviously I'd be aware of it. Now, when playing in this game, with tons of people who know me, do you really think I wouldn't attempt to replicate that?
Um.. wtf kinda response is that? fuck meta mate I haven't even played a game with you.

This carries on to...
In post 377, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 338, alimdia wrote:This post strikes me as scummy for not wanting to commit
Why's that scummy?
fencesitting. Like you.
Thanks Salamence for engaging with SS about this.

Lets go further with this.
If you were to suddenly die, we would gain 0 information regardless if you were scum or town. That's how you've been playing so far. Thats more scummy than NAI or towny.
In post 379, Amrun wrote:Alim: Why is asking questions without sharing your conclusions scummy, especially this early game?
In post 402, Salamence20 wrote:Nothings pinging your scumdar 17 pages in?
lol...
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by alimdia »

@Salamence20, your post was too long to quote. I don't use meta, but the only game I have with mena is still ongoing.

@Dogwatch, did you see my last q at you? SS replied (abliet terribly), pls reply too
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 368, alimdia wrote:I'm actually tired af atm so I'll reread your case against Amrun later, as well as his ISO
I haven't forgotten about this. Unfortunately I'm still busy atm so I'll delay this till tonight.

I will also look at the people that have posted less.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Amrun »

@alim: it is pretty self explanatory. I asked you a question, and voted you when you ignored it to see what you would do. It didn’t work because I’m an idiot and you actually answered which totally shifted the type of response you had.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by Iconeum »

need more votes on amrun :)
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:17 am

Post by alimdia »

@Mod V/la for the next 36 hours

Sorry guys
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:20 am

In post 438, alimdia wrote:Okay guys, you heard him. Everyone unvote, and use your votes very sparingly so that it carries more weight.
Wait a second......
Don't be a smartass. Not everyone is the same, and different playstyles work for different people.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:25 am

In post 438, alimdia wrote:Um.. wtf kinda response is that? fuck meta mate I haven't even played a game with you.
Not a meta response! It deals exclusively with this game-- how I would hypothetically play in this game as town, and how I would hypothetically play in this game as scum.

Those are quite obviously relevant in reading me, and if you have an opinion on my alignment, it must mean you think there's a mismatch between the two-- I would fencesit as scum where I WOULDN'T fencesit as town.

With me so far?

Right, so what I want you to answer is, if I'm scum, do you think I'd be aware of the fact that as town I'd be making commitments, and then choose not to make them, transparently revealing myself to anyone who's ever played with me before?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:26 am

In post 438, alimdia wrote:fencesitting. Like you.
I didn't ask for a
description of the behavior.
Obviously I know what fencesitting is.

I want to know why it's scummy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:33 am

In post 438, alimdia wrote:Lets go further with this.
If you were to suddenly die, we would gain 0 information regardless if you were scum or town. That's how you've been playing so far. Thats more scummy than NAI or towny.
Maybe.

But don't pretend that this isn't true for anyone else. Just because someone made a vote, or got voted, and then flipped town, doesn't mean their vote was right, or that there was scum in the people voting them. (Inversely, if they flipped scum, it doesn't make the person they voted nor the ones voting them town.)

Information doesn't magically spring from flips. It springs from discussion. You have discussion, you form reads, you get flips, you look back and analyze.

If you wanted me to generate some reads, of course I could. I could pull names out of a hat, or maybe look at the alignment of the stars. Or I could try to read heavily into early game posting. All of these would have the same result: the reads would be garbage. And don't try to tell me that garbage reads are valuable post-flip.

I will share reads when I want, and not before. End of discussion.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:23 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Don't really like alim's push on SS. Feels like its based off of a playstyle clash and not on reasons why he thinks SS is actually scummy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:32 am

I mean, I don't like it either, but it doesn't make him scum. Do you think it does?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”