Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 177, Elsa Jay wrote:Gamma dying is meh, since I thought Chemist was the "Meme" choice as he put it.
how polite of you
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

the fact that the PoE is just generally gravitating towards the non-birbs means there's almost definitely one scum outside of it and I honestly wanna lean towards the duck

the vote on elsa seems sort of easy, especially without an explanation
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Let me phrase this a little better chem.

I know I'm town. Frankly Pops doing that move is also town, so I accept him as town even if I disagree with it. And Gamma is poisoned. So that leaves me 4 people.

Gamma mentioned You and Bingle being the 2 scum. Worst agreed with was Chem/Myself/Bingle but wants me dead instead. The Penguin agreed it was also the 3 of us.

So 3 people see you as scum, but I'm a cautious fellow, ya know? My hunch also says it could be one of the birds capitalizing on the other bird just doing bird things. So instead of letting Ducky mislynch me, how about we actually discuss this like gentlemen and see why 3 of you said Chem/Bingle, but Ducky chooses me first.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by the worst »

Do you think Elsa is town Chem?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

Exactly

I know that I'm town, so I know scum is pushing the idea of me/you/Bingle being the PoE and I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them were in it
GTKAS

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by the worst »

Elsa posting pg8 struck me as really survivalistic/blending in mindset. I'm really surprised no one else is seeing this?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

*elsa

And you know I like living anyway ducky. The fact you think that is scummy of me is fricken weird.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 202, Elsa Jay wrote:The Penguin agreed it was also the 3 of us.
With the caveat that duckie could be scum but my radar hasn't gone off yet. Wish I had a vig shot.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 205, the worst wrote:Elsa posting pg8 struck me as really survivalistic/blending in mindset. I'm really surprised no one else is seeing this?
Not really.
<(") | (")>
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 207, PenguinPower wrote:
With the caveat that duckie could be scum but my radar hasn't gone off yet. Wish I had a vig shot.
Your backtrack is noted and appreciated. But thanks for not following Ducky onto me. That makes reading you separately WAY easier.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 209, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 207, PenguinPower wrote:
Your backtrack is noted and appreciated. But thanks for not following Ducky onto me. That makes reading you separately WAY easier.
I couldn't pass up a chance to mirror post duck, especially when it mostly lined up with my thoughts.
<(") | (")>
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 205, the worst wrote:Elsa posting pg8 struck me as really survivalistic/blending in mindset. I'm really surprised no one else is seeing this?
Not only did you say this after I said it jokingly-
In post 194, Elsa Jay wrote: Back to being the clown role and doing nothing elsa of value.
You are also completely wrong in me being survivalistic. First post after talking about bird murder is me refusing to be protected. After my power nap I disagreed with the strategy used by the majority. I went into a semantics argument with Penguin about "Plurality". That's not even blending on either. Quite the Fricken opposite.

Please tell me how I'm being survivalistic when instead of lynching myself I try and lynch what 3 people said are scum... And you vote me.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 163, popsofctown wrote:When Bingle gets here I want him to help me figure out whether tw actually has a murky sanity cop clear effect even if an active player was scum
Ducky has a 22% chance, everyone else has a 25% via Monty Hall. Doesn’t matter whether scum changed the list or not.

There seems to be an inordinate number of potential tow slips, not sure if I believe all of them are legitimate. I need to check pops’ understanding of the setup via the discussion thread. Both of these are probably tomorrow night.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 177, Elsa Jay wrote:Gamma dying is meh, since I thought Chemist was the "Meme" choice as he put it. It's what I would've done instead.

But you all also gave scum an easy target day 2 instead if Worst is actually town. That's why I wanted Chem protected even more damnit. We could've used the double protect option instead tommorow on the combo of Worst/Penguin or something.

I'll think about my lynch target now but dangit guys you all ruined my plan in the span of a nap.
i've already spoken about why the frustrated tonality around this pinged me

In post 181, Elsa Jay wrote:Well, since I was offline, and it happened with Gamma and friend voting you as well, are you assuming the 4 people on you are the main bulk of the town then?
In post 183, Elsa Jay wrote:Huh. So that leaves me, Chemist, and Bingle then.
this felt like a really manufactured response to me saying i have a poe of 3 including you

i was very intentionally downplaying my reads at SOD, and if you're not townreading the same four townies as i am this is the right opportunity to advance the conversation beyond like
elsa: so you think {4 ppl} are town?
me: yas !
but instead of taking it you just kinda agree with the fairly artificial POE and vote Bungle

it didn't feel like you felt any kind of urgency with sorting me in particular or really advancing anything, and more like you kinda just wanted to be voting bungle?
In post 185, Elsa Jay wrote:The birds have fused their minds. Such is life.

VOTE: Bingle

If we're going by your theory, I don't want the follower gone first, but the guy who would be the mastermind.

Frankly we could do the double lynch if we play our cards right but scum wouldn't allow that huh?
rather than opening a dialogue or trying to sort through where your reads were at you gave a super overexplainy vote
In post 196, Elsa Jay wrote:Smooth transition, ducky.
In post 198, Elsa Jay wrote:Why me of the remaining 3 though?
rxn to me voting you felt as though you felt like entitled not to be voted

i know that you like to survive but from your input today i'm getting the feeling that you want to be townread quite a lot more than you want to sort other slots - i appreciate sheer survivalism isn't a scum!elsa tell but you're pinging me a lot. :/
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

So you scumread me when I do scummy things, scumread me when I do neutral things, scumread me when I do townie things...

I think you just want me lynched now regardless of my actual actions.

Also, why would I open a dialogue for scum to disagree with? If we lynched Bingle with no fanfare and he flipped scum, the boredom would have made me sad but it's purely in towns favor not to give scum the oppritunity to save themselves if half the town already saw 2 people as the likely scum pair.

Honestly going after me has only opened yourself up to more scrutiny. I guess we can debatably say that's townie, but as someone who's played with me atleast on 5 seperate occasions, you made very crappy arguments that try to make everything I do look bad.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 186, popsofctown wrote: Do you not believe that I think doing a lolhammer after nuubers started touching on how powerful list swapping is but before the information element was understood was protown, or do you not believe that I think you're protown, or do you not believe that I would believe that you would believe that it is protown?
Answer me or elsa
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

:)
<(") | (")>
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I keep going back and forth on this Hidden Power Ice Farfetch'd fight.
Chemist seems overly cautious and concerned about the import of a page 9 PoE but I don't know whether I'm confbiasing on the read I had before, uh, night, the poisoning in the dark. Whatever you call it. Misdreavus used Toxic!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I guess I can kind of share his tinfoil goosebumps with respect to the way Elsa Jay talked like she'd want Bingle to become consensus before Bingle exercised freedom of speech capabilities, um, really?
But not the generic idea that all 4 card townblocks must be wrong.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

*He
"Well, I..."
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

She is fine and shiz.

And it was the latter in believing you'd think I'd believe that was the right answer. Frankly the protect phase doesn't matter much to me anymore now that I know scum made a list but yeah. Good job on that front, so this is basically a normal game now.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A nonzero component of my motivation was Bingle was kind of resonating about protect phase being so crappy and harder to dayplay through and get good reads going and that was resonating with me.

Monty Hall and activity lolhammer motivations are fancier though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I keep trying to brain whether or not scum list manipulation matters for myself and I can't brain it right now. I'm taking it on faith that tw is 28% and everyone else is 25%.

I guess it's not different from "Ausuka forces the mafia to rewrite the list with the most recent L-1 player at the bottom, then poisons the topmost player skipping protected names and mafia names" (which always redundantly skips the person at the bottom UNLESS you do a fancy thing where you put two people at L-1 and lolhammer one in a high entropy way which I thought about but scum just put both names at the bottom) and I guess that's the same as leaving the name at the top and then poisoning someone.

I was just like thinking of someone using their finger to trace down the pages of a phonebook and needing to have a chance to touch your name and skip over it for you to be less likely to be pizza delivery since everyone wants pizza delivery
But I think it's like
as long pizza delivery is somewhere on the page you're less likely to be pizza delivery
because the pizza delivery numbers always go on the bottom of the page
and there's less room for goat delivery names at the top
whereas the previous page is a full page where any phone number can be goat delivery
I think I got it now actually even though this feels stupid
"Well, I..."
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I remember talking like that when I was starving and tired, and a few people did that while drunk or high.

Say a codeword when your "normal" again.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I just finished a cup of coffee and had French fries a couple hours ago so uh um I think you're awesome too I guess
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”