Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 696, Joey_ wrote:And as far as I am concerned, you are the first one to bring up the hammer as being something that you could be pushed on, which shows that you are very aware your hammer sucked ass lol
Well, to be fair, Dolly kind of sucked ass.

I'm starting to change my Town-meta in this regard (starting to not hammer) because hindsight is 20/20 and Scum almost always tries to go after me for hammering.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Joey_ »

VOTE: LUV
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 700, Wake1 wrote:
In post 696, Joey_ wrote:And as far as I am concerned, you are the first one to bring up the hammer as being something that you could be pushed on, which shows that you are very aware your hammer sucked ass lol

I'm starting to change my Town-meta in this regard (starting to not hammer) because hindsight is 20/20 and Scum almost always tries to go after me for hammering.
if only town made a good 2-3 posts explains why Dolly had a town pov.. wait
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Joey_ »

explaining* man im tired af and i just typo like crazy
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 698, Joey_ wrote: You could probably write a novel out of a nutrition label with that kind of imagination
Well, God did bless me with creativity.
In post 699, Joey_ wrote:
problme is; how can you notice a 2nd kill w/o knowing who got killed ?? thats just ew
Because I saw two green names but scrolled kind of quickly.

I mean, it happens. We are human after all.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Joey_ »

I mean, in a vacuum, your hammer is close to a scumclaim and entering the day with a narrative all made up + pluggin that narrative VERY hard on anything that COULDVE came your way is exactly how i would assume an average/common scum player to plan their day
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 702, Joey_ wrote:

if only town made a good 2-3 posts explains why Dolly had a town pov.. wait
Eh, I mainly just wanted Day 1 to end and I was getting annoyed.

However, I can now start digging into this game.
In post 703, Joey_ wrote:explaining* man im tired af and i just typo like crazy
See?

I can't focus, and you can't write. :lol:
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 704, Wake1 wrote:
In post 698, Joey_ wrote: You could probably write a novel out of a nutrition label with that kind of imagination
problme is; how can you notice a 2nd kill w/o knowing who got killed ?? thats just ew

Thats basically my point, why wouldn't you give two fuck about who flipped? I assume you would at least check the roles if you noticed 2 set of green names, then why wouldn't bother reading the names ?? idk, its not a closed setup nor a full VT setup when flips does not matter
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 705, Joey_ wrote: I mean, in a vacuum, your hammer is close to a scumclaim and entering the day with a narrative all made up + pluggin that narrative VERY hard on anything that COULDVE came your way is exactly how i would assume an average/common scum player to plan their day
Why though? As Town sometimes I quickhammer. I recognize some don't see it as a very Town-ish move, but that doesn't really make one Scum either.

What I do know is that Scum usually tries really hard to lynch me whenever I hammer early on in the game. I can't go into detail because ongoing games. There is one completed game but I don't know if it would apply here. When you have experience with Scum trying to lynch you because you hammered Day 1, it can (and in my case does) change my meta a bit.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Joey_ »

It has nothing about meta, it has everything about the pre-made narrative you tried to stitch over my post, which is a "fair" thought process to have, it's just absurd how you reacted
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 707, Joey_ wrote:

Thats basically my point, why wouldn't you give two fuck about who flipped? I assume you would at least check the roles if you noticed 2 set of green names, then why wouldn't bother reading the names ?? idk, its not a closed setup nor a full VT setup when flips does not matter
I mean, we don't all play the same. And missing that detail doesn't automatically make one Scum. If it did then me and everyone else with ADHD would be screwed in Mafia games. Point is, I am aware of who and what now, and I don't really see how me initially missing that detail makes me Scum or Town for that matter. For example Scum could have perfectly noticed it, but would that then make them Town? To be frank I don't think so.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 709, Joey_ wrote:It has nothing about meta, it has everything about the pre-made narrative you tried to stitch over my post, which is a "fair" thought process to have, it's just absurd how you reacted
I wouldn't call it absurd.

Paranoid of Scum trying to mislynch me because I hammer? Yup.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Joey_ »

FTR, my last game, mafia quickhammered d1 town who I called town and was hard defending. Someone asked the town to not hammer yet because they wanted claims/reads and scum did hammer before the hammeree could even show up (like in a 6h window). And i pushed that slot, which ended up only being lynched as last mefia on lylo yet they did scumclaim with that hammer

This scenario is pretty similar in many ways, but somehow I am not as convinced its coming from mefia. So you can be certain If i wanted to push you for it, i would
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 710, Wake1 wrote:
In post 707, Joey_ wrote:

I mean, we don't all play the same. And missing that detail doesn't automatically make one Scum. If it did then me and everyone else with ADHD would be screwed in Mafia games. Point is, I am aware of who and what now, and I don't really see how me initially missing that detail makes me Scum or Town for that matter. For example Scum could have perfectly noticed it, but would that then make them Town? To be frank I don't think so.
IMO, seeing a 2nd flip most likely care in a greater order about the color of the flips rather than anything else related; role, names.

The scenario where someone notice 2 flips yet fails to see the names IMO is a scenario where someone notices 2 flips and is somehow satisfied with that limited amount of information. It's hard for me to picture a town pov where a townie would be satisfied in having the alignement flip info, the roles but not the names.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Joey_ »

IMO' seeing a 2nd flip, scum most likely ..**
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Also the names are important for a townie because they have genuine reads and not all flips are equals. I care a greater deal if a locktown is being night killed over someone i was unsure about. Thats why town cares about names and scum cares in a lesser manner
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 712, Joey_ wrote:FTR, my last game, mafia quickhammered d1 town who I called town and was hard defending. Someone asked the town to not hammer yet because they wanted claims/reads and scum did hammer before the hammeree could even show up (like in a 6h window). And i pushed that slot, which ended up only being lynched as last mefia on lylo yet they did scumclaim with that hammer

This scenario is pretty similar in many ways, but somehow I am not as convinced its coming from mefia. So you can be certain If i wanted to push you for it, i would
While I can understand that, this is a different game with different people.
In post 713, Joey_ wrote: IMO, seeing a 2nd flip most likely care in a greater order about the color of the flips rather than anything else related; role, names.

The scenario where someone notice 2 flips yet fails to see the names IMO is a scenario where someone notices 2 flips and is somehow satisfied with that limited amount of information. It's hard for me to picture a town pov where a townie would be satisfied in having the alignement flip info, the roles but not the names.
Should I flip before you and you realize I am Town, how would that then change your worldview, if at all?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Also i dont want to sounds like a pedantic douchebags, but this post has no sound logic in any of the sentences, its all non-sense full of fallacies

"I mean, we don't all play the same. And missing that detail doesn't automatically make one Scum. If it did then me and everyone else with ADHD would be screwed in Mafia games. Point is, I am aware of who and what now, and I don't really see how me initially missing that detail makes me Scum or Town for that matter. For example Scum could have perfectly noticed it, but would that then make them Town? To be frank I don't think so."
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 715, Joey_ wrote:Also the names are important for a townie because they have genuine reads and not all flips are equals. I care a greater deal if a locktown is being night killed over someone i was unsure about. Thats why town cares about names and scum cares in a lesser manner
Well, I do care. When the flips happened I was just waking up (I work and am awake during the night) and wasn't all there. Believe it or not, these things do happen.

I'm awake now, and properly caffeinated, so am keen to look over Day 1 posts very soon.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 717, Joey_ wrote:Also i dont want to sounds like a pedantic douchebags, but this post has no sound logic in any of the sentences, its all non-sense full of fallacies

"I mean, we don't all play the same. And missing that detail doesn't automatically make one Scum. If it did then me and everyone else with ADHD would be screwed in Mafia games. Point is, I am aware of who and what now, and I don't really see how me initially missing that detail makes me Scum or Town for that matter. For example Scum could have perfectly noticed it, but would that then make them Town? To be frank I don't think so."
OK Spock.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 716, Wake1 wrote:Should I flip before you
Do you fos me wake?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 719, Wake1 wrote:
In post 717, Joey_ wrote:Also i dont want to sounds like a pedantic douchebags, but this post has no sound logic in any of the sentences, its all non-sense full of fallacies

OK Spock.
I mean, we don't all play the same
; not a point, it doesn't invalidates the rationale

And missing that detail doesn't automatically make one Scum
; that never have been my point, also arguing over probabilities is pretty bad overall instead of attacking the rationale

If it did then me and everyone else with ADHD would be screwed in Mafia games;
thats non-sens. Missing names is much more likely to be player-styles correlated than ADHD correlated.If anything, flips are the most fucking important pieces of information in a gamea and they only happens a few times per game after 48h nights. I assure you, any ADHD kids can read two important sentences after 48h pauses.

Point is, I am aware of who and what now, and I don't really see how me initially missing that detail makes me Scum or Town for that matter;
Yes you do, i explained it to you. You not understanding my point doesn't invalidates it. Also it's not "missing a details", its a fucking flip, not a crumb aka you didn't miss anything, you just didn't feel compelled to know the names for REASONS, be it AI or player style related.

For example Scum could have perfectly noticed it, but would that then make them Town? To be frank I don't think so
Thats silly rethoric that has nothing to do with what i explained. I am arguing that A + B = C which is never invalidated by arguing that A + D = E
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 720, Joey_ wrote:
Do you fos me wake?
Not currently. I can't tell one way or another what you are right now.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 722, Wake1 wrote:
In post 720, Joey_ wrote:
Do you fos me wake?
Not currently. I can't tell one way or another what you are right now.
How so? I am pretty much alignement telling since the start of the day
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 723, Joey_ wrote:
I am pretty much alignement telling since the start of the day
How so?