Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3075 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3074, Amrun wrote:My heart is saying bobscum at this venture.
Reasons? Is just a gutread?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'm interested in hearing about this esp because I've gutread him town basically the whole game
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:49 am

Post by bob3141 »

Armum didnt you scum read me last game. causing you to drop guarding me at nigth even though i was prety much confirmed and instead guard the scum. Who was rather obvously scum :-P
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 3075, Farkran wrote:
Reasons? Is just a gutread?
In post 3076, Flubbernugget wrote:
I'm interested in hearing about this esp because I've gutread him town basically the whole game

It’s mostly gut but I don’t like his treatment of my slot - not for me, but for benhalkum. We just came out of a game together where IMO he treated this player differently. Ben behaved very differently. Bob was town, Ben was scum. His answers to my questions about it aren’t AWFUL, not that I really expected them to be, because bob is a very smart guy. But it just makes me feel a little off.

There have also been some things on my read throughs that pinged me but I can’t remember. I’ll try to find a few.

I wanted to wait until I finished catching up but I’m so laughably slow I don’t want to be a dead weight slot since it appears day is ending again.

P-edit: yes, bob, I did tinfoil about you, and that gamestate was weird and I considered a lot of different things before doing that (which was ultimately a mistake). But that’s my point. Your play feels different here. You felt TOO SURE of things at certain times. You’re like the opposite here. I learned from playing with you before. It’s not the BEST read, but it’s what I’ve got.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1846, bob3141 wrote:My reads based on game dynamic leave me beleiving that flubber, egix and sheep have higest scum equity

We have two claimed masons and I belive their claims as I was town reading smart before his claim. Baring any more pr claims that would leave it clear that either they are lying or the new pr claims would be false. So for now i concider the wagons on luv and smart to be town players that have each got wagon of 4.

We have egix, sheep and farkum on smart
flubber, pp, rapid and farkum- on luv
With rapid PP and sheep shwoing up on garms wagon. Im town reading menal and not quite sure what to make of ben.

We also have the egix wagon that has flubber,sheep and PP
In post 1927, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1877, sheepsaysmeep wrote:bob has big posts and im barely reading them but i do think theyre genuine or legitimate thoughts he's been having

Thats quite an easy thing to say. You say you think my posts are genuine but dont mention anythign about if you agree or disagree with them. Feels like your trying to avoid commenting on them in the hopes they get swept under the carpet all teh while tryign to look like you simply arnt ignoring them. as they point to 3 players of which you are one
In post 1932, bob3141 wrote:VOTE: sheep

This is basically the entirety of his progression on sheep. The first post here is the first one to mention a scumread on sheep that I can tell. He never voted him, yet he had voted the other 2 in his list.

Second post is, ironically, bob pointing out a good buddy tell from sheep, but it kind of went both ways at that point.

And then the first time he voted sheep it was at tail end of wagon, prime buddyspot.

Despite asking almost identical questions to Rabid and sheep, and seemingly having similar issues with them, he scumread sheep and townread Rabid, and totally sidestepped Titus wagon with almost no comment.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:08 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 3064, Amrun wrote:@bob: death tunneling Pret is still a stance. And yes he was much more confrontational as opposed to this game. That’s kind of my point.

I was only asking to try to sort you but your stance seems internally consistent.
Death tunnelling isnt a stance if it has no substance. Last game he just kept shouting pret. But if you look at that game there simply no substance to it. Just liek his votes on garmr and sheep. No real substance the onyl real difference is that he got very confrontantional when I spotted his vanity voting and wanting him to publicly make a choice. A choice between a50, sald and pret. Which when a50 flipped shoudl of made it clear to anyone left alive he was scum.

This game very one just ignored him. If no one pushes him he aint going to get confrontational is he. So naturaly he would play different.

You say ben being less confortantional this game makes him town. How exactly does that clear him.

If you are town you know his alighment but if you are town can you honestly say he did anything townie. All i can see him half way through day one onward is very little scum hunting. What he largley said that he is town. And because he claims he is town scum must be on his wagon. Of which we now know there was. But if he is scum he would naturaly know that and if he was town again it would simply be meaningless. We know know rapid is scum and although pushing ben allot of teh game. Is that no different to what ben did last game to pret. And if you slot is town his push was a bit meaningless as he never went into how rapid pushes on him made him scum. Just that he was pushing. Now is this scum trying to look townie by preemptively pointing out soem he knows is scum is pushing him or simpyl town being omgusy. And if the latter ultimately right.

Mixed with very little substance to determine which of the two possibilities reading his slot either way from ben alone is rather bad. And is sort of thign that allowed scum to win in teh last game

This is the very same sort of logic that cause teh rest of town last game to town read him.

And what is my stance exactly?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 3079, Amrun wrote:
In post 1846, bob3141 wrote:My reads based on game dynamic leave me beleiving that flubber, egix and sheep have higest scum equity

We have two claimed masons and I belive their claims as I was town reading smart before his claim. Baring any more pr claims that would leave it clear that either they are lying or the new pr claims would be false. So for now i concider the wagons on luv and smart to be town players that have each got wagon of 4.

We have egix, sheep and farkum on smart
flubber, pp, rapid and farkum- on luv
With rapid PP and sheep shwoing up on garms wagon. Im town reading menal and not quite sure what to make of ben.

We also have the egix wagon that has flubber,sheep and PP
In post 1927, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1877, sheepsaysmeep wrote:bob has big posts and im barely reading them but i do think theyre genuine or legitimate thoughts he's been having

Thats quite an easy thing to say. You say you think my posts are genuine but dont mention anythign about if you agree or disagree with them. Feels like your trying to avoid commenting on them in the hopes they get swept under the carpet all teh while tryign to look like you simply arnt ignoring them. as they point to 3 players of which you are one
In post 1932, bob3141 wrote:VOTE: sheep

This is basically the entirety of his progression on sheep. The first post here is the first one to mention a scumread on sheep that I can tell. He never voted him, yet he had voted the other 2 in his list.

Second post is, ironically, bob pointing out a good buddy tell from sheep, but it kind of went both ways at that point.

And then the first time he voted sheep it was at tail end of wagon, prime buddyspot.

Despite asking almost identical questions to Rabid and sheep, and seemingly having similar issues with them, he scumread sheep and townread Rabid, and totally sidestepped Titus wagon with almost no comment.
A strange narative. You basicly miss out my entire vote count anlaysis

That was already strongly pointign to a scum pool of egix, flubber and sheep. I was quite clear at teh time my scum read was first flubber followed by jointly egix and sheep.

You infact start your quotes rigth after that. Missing it all out. As if you did wnat it to be raised. To peoples attentions that i had an ongoing path towards a sheep lynch.

Feels very much liek deliberate miss rep and not like your last game
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:20 am

Post by bob3141 »

now armum you decided to only quote one posts of my VCA.

What was your slots progression on sheep? Hammering when my vote made sheeps lynch a full gone conclusion.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Amrun »

I don’t think Ben behaved pro-town in any fashion. I just think it was a significant departure from his recent scumgame that I immediately keyed into it (and was the recent I agreed to take the slot) and assumed you would too, bob.

P-edit: yes there was stuff in the middle. Everyone can (and should) ISO you to check that out. I thought the VCA was pretty good, actually! But your original scumread of sheep came out of nowhere and your actual position on the wagon is poor. And OMGUS saying “no your position was bad!” doesn’t help.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Amrun »

And yes this game is tonally very different, I’ll give you that. Last game I caught up all in one go and was engaged with the game. This game real life interrupted my intended catchup blitz and I’ve struggled since then.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 3083, Amrun wrote:I don’t think Ben behaved pro-town in any fashion. I just think it was a significant departure from his recent scumgame that I immediately keyed into it (and was the recent I agreed to take the slot) and assumed you would too, bob.

P-edit: yes there was stuff in the middle. Everyone can (and should) ISO you to check that out. I thought the VCA was pretty good, actually! But your original scumread of sheep came out of nowhere and your actual position on the wagon is poor. And OMGUS saying “no your position was bad!” doesn’t help.

A different style does not mean different alignment. That a meta trap you need to be careful off. I judge a player based on what he does in game and if that justified a town or scum read. And not as you seem to think everyoen shoudl do is that x did y. So if x didnt do y he must scum. While truth is that x did z so he could be scum or town based on meta. But based on This game what does it look like. It looks to me liek someone layign low. But due to his lack of posts, half of luvs. Its even hard to tell if he is town lurking or scum lying low as the rest of teh town are simply letting him.

And from my experiance i was hoping anotehr townie would deal with questioning ben. As he was to much agro last game and i was realy hoping he would replace out as I just didnt feel like playing in teh game. espcially during my compulsory overtime. With me working 50 hour weeks while stuck in two other games that i thought would eitehr end sooner or i would be night killed. So was over extended.

Now armum let me ask you what on my position makes it bad. In game a repped into i was shocked to see a player that was obvous scum getting town read as he was first on both scum wagons. He had no scum huntign to get there and was just sitting on them shooting lets get them. He managed to get to lylo before he finaly got lynched.

Now that sort of fact actual leans in your slots favour. Why i havnt cast judgement based on ben yet. As he coudl simply of been town not carring and simply wanted to hammer who ever was going. Or scum trying to avoid a roelclaim. What you shoudl be asking is do there votes look natural. Was pp and flubber trying to avoid beign on teh sheep wagon. In fear of tipping it over teh edge as i had already declared he was in my top 3 scum reads.

Now he migth of not been the strongest of scum reads at the time. That being flubber but did i hesitated at all to vote for him when my joint second scum read got voted up.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Farkran »

I read the recent developments and talked to bob in the neighborhood. I wanted to share my last post in the main thread and see what you think about it.
Farkran wrote:I see where you are coming from. But what concerns me about ben/amrun is not the slot itself, but rather how scum acted around it.

Rabid was hardpushing him d2 and d3, sheeps tried to push him d2. Then titus replaced in and never considered ben, instead going for the opportunistic wagon (me).

I think ben has been used as an escapegoat by scum, because they only pushed him when his wagon was popular, and left him alone when he wasn't. This was common from both sheeps and titus.
Thoughts? Egix? SS?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Something_Smart »

You shouldn't quote from neighborhoods.

I'm not sure what that post is trying to suggest. That it was a half-hearted bus?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:55 am

Post by bob3141 »

was egix a bus that went wrong or simply town votign for his scum read to avoid his own lynch of which he would if town know himself to be confirmed town. Now these are question worth asking just as you asking about my vote is legitimate avenue for enquiry. You say it felt liek it came out of no where. yet does that mean it came from no where or the natural result of a thought progression. You should see how little i posted in my other town game with garmr. Where i spotted garmr with meta read and only made a few posts on it.

Now if egix killed menal was it to avoid his lynch teh next day. Or was he killed to get us to lynch egix. If egix is town I feel it likely scums already on him or trying to entirely avoid teh wagon
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3087, Something_Smart wrote:You shouldn't quote from neighborhoods.

I'm not sure what that post is trying to suggest. That it was a half-hearted bus?
Is it again the rules? It contains only words written by me, without any date or context provided, it's pretty much the same as if i wrote it directly here...

By the way, no, i am suggesting that amrun is probably town and i would have liked to hear egix's and your opinion on my reasoning
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Amrun »

I don’t put much stock in meta at all, generally. I was mostly hoping to use our previous shared experience to sort YOU here, bob.

I think what you’re saying about trying not to provoke Ben is 100% true and I believe you, I just think you’d actually be more likely to be worried about that as scum, or it’s NAI.

I don’t think it was invalid to scumread Ben, especially for other people, but it’s something I could latch on to try and read you since I desperately need a foothold in this game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:01 am

Falls under this I believe. Doesn't matter that no proof it was quoted was offered.
In post 1, tris wrote:Do not quote any out of game communication regarding this game
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:02 am

In post 3089, Farkran wrote:By the way, no, i am suggesting that amrun is probably town and i would have liked to hear egix's and your opinion on my reasoning
Okay well yes I agree that Amrun is probably town. You're preaching to the choir as I've been the longest and strongest supporter of that.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Farkran »

Well, technically it's not out of this game, it's just out of the main thread. It wasn't written by a mod, nor a player outside of this game, nor it was written outside of a channel pertinent to this game. I will desist though, so it's no longer a concern.

Egix?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Amrun »

What does anyone think of bobscum? Is there something that has happened that makes it unlikely?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:18 am

Bob is my second pick.

Tbh if it's not in {Egix, bob} then I really don't know and I'm more than a little relieved I won't have to be around to figure it out if that happens :shifty:
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 3086, Farkran wrote:I read the recent developments and talked to bob in the neighborhood. I wanted to share my last post in the main thread and see what you think about it.
Farkran wrote:I see where you are coming from. But what concerns me about ben/amrun is not the slot itself, but rather how scum acted around it.

Rabid was hardpushing him d2 and d3, sheeps tried to push him d2. Then titus replaced in and never considered ben, instead going for the opportunistic wagon (me).

I think ben has been used as an escapegoat by scum, because
they only pushed him when his wagon was popular, and left him alone when he wasn't.
This was common from both sheeps and titus.
Thoughts? Egix? SS?
The problem is that, in order for Titus to have known how her predecessor and buddy had been treating Ben, she would've had to backread, which (iirc) she herself said she never does, so...

As for (bolded), I'm not sure whether that's actually true or not (if so then it's context that I missed from reading the scums in isolation) but if it is, then that does seem indicative of distancing. I don't really think scapegoating is the right term tho, I would only call it that if it suggested that the target of the push was town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Amrun »

I would so much rather lynch bob today but in full awareness that my shit play this game doesn’t deserve that kind of pull.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3094, Amrun wrote:What does anyone think of bobscum? Is there something that has happened that makes it unlikely?
Bob was pretty much townreaded by everyone in this game until very recently. While it is the perfect position for scum to hide, i think he has been townreaded with good reason. He has always been trying to solve, placing votes where appropriate, and contrary to Rabid's, bob's vote on sheeps felt genuine.

Bob missing a spot in the titus wagon feels consistent with bob's progression. Titus was in a much worse position than sheep was, so if bob had to bus any of his partners it would have been titus, not sheeps. It is true that the wagon developed very quickly, but i think scum!bob would commit to either help his partner, therefore pushing me, or hardbus titus, therefore voting him.

I'm much more worried about PP immediately sheeping SS when the tables turned, or flubber not committing to his own scumread.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3096, Egix96 wrote:
In post 3086, Farkran wrote:I read the recent developments and talked to bob in the neighborhood. I wanted to share my last post in the main thread and see what you think about it.

I think ben has been used as an escapegoat by scum, because
they only pushed him when his wagon was popular, and left him alone when he wasn't.
This was common from both sheeps and titus.
Thoughts? Egix? SS?
The problem is that, in order for Titus to have known how her predecessor and buddy had been treating Ben, she would've had to backread, which (iirc) she herself said she never does, so...

As for (bolded), I'm not sure whether that's actually true or not (if so then it's context that I missed from reading the scums in isolation) but if it is, then that does seem indicative of distancing. I don't really think scapegoating is the right term tho, I would only call it that if it suggested that the target of the push was town.
By the way, titus could simply read and/or ask what to do in the scum PT, there's no need to backread the main thread.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”