Identity Reboot [post-Round 10]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by KittyMo »

IPS dunked the poor cat but took it out to dry at least!

StrangersIdentities
KorinaOwns 5 Calvin and Hobbes compendiums
VashtaNeuroticWas expelled from elementary school (Fifth grade to be exact)

StrangersIdentities
EquinoxAs a teenager, developed new spades/hearts variants for their online daily card game tournaments
pablitoBought Christmas presents from Amazon this year thinking they had paid to have them pre-wrapped when in fact they had not
StrangerCougForded a river because the bridge was closed
ViIs listed in the credits of a video game, but not with their given name

Confirmed No match

pablito -> Forded a river because the bridge was closed

Assistance

Double Dip | 1 question

Match Attempts

---Line of Assistance Revocation---
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

(there's a semi possibly amusing story but i'll save it till the end of the game)
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 173, Iprobablysuck wrote:I didn’t drown it, I picked it up and put it in the tub to dry :p
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 165, Fluminator wrote:
How did your name (but not given name) end up on the credits of a videogame?
I backed a crowdfunding campaign for a visual novel release at the $50 tier to get the soundtrack, and it included a physical copy of the game and my name in the credits. While there was nothing untoward about this game in particular and at best a minuscule chance that someone would even read the long list of Kickstarter backers at the end of a 70-hour game, I still felt weird about having my full name listed. I've been trying for a decade to shed the reputation of enjoying anime despite using an ostensibly anime avatar here. I went for my really old Internet handle from my weaboo days; it seemed appropriate!
What are you getting people for Christmas this year?
I tend to not do Christmas gifts because I am not good at picking out gifts for people. That said, I knew work was planning a secret Santa event for the holidays, so, during Black Friday sales, I sprung for a cheap card game and decided that I would just ask Amazon to wrap it for me because I didn't want to do what I usually do, which is get a separate gift bag and tissue paper. I checked out, and I guess I just spaced out because the game came unwrapped. Now I have to make a separate trip to Target to get a damned gift bag and tissue paper this weekend.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: They

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 174, Fluminator wrote:I think I have to use the double dip though.
If you wanted to be lame, you could double dip me and Vash to one of the split identities and be guaranteed to get it right.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Equinox wrote:
How did your name (but not given name) end up on the credits of a videogame?
I backed a crowdfunding campaign for a visual novel release at the $50 tier to get the soundtrack, and it included a physical copy of the game and my name in the credits. While there was nothing untoward about this game in particular and at best a minuscule chance that someone would even read the long list of Kickstarter backers at the end of a 70-hour game, I still felt weird about having my full name listed. I've been trying for a decade to shed the reputation of enjoying anime despite using an ostensibly anime avatar here. I went for my really old Internet handle from my weaboo days; it seemed appropriate!
What are you getting people for Christmas this year?
I tend to not do Christmas gifts because I am not good at picking out gifts for people. That said, I knew work was planning a secret Santa event for the holidays, so, during Black Friday sales, I sprung for a cheap card game and decided that I would just ask Amazon to wrap it for me because I didn't want to do what I usually do, which is get a separate gift bag and tissue paper. I checked out, and I guess I just spaced out because the game came unwrapped. Now I have to make a separate trip to Target to get a damned gift bag and tissue paper this weekend.
NGL, these are better answers than Vi's. Surely one is correct?
I can empathize with trying to disassociate from anime. (I say as I use a picture of L)

But it's double dip time, which means I'm going to finally know who forded the river.

DOUBLE DIP VI AND COUG FOR RIVER CROSSING

If it's neither I s2g equi
Korina wrote:
In post 174, Fluminator wrote:I think I have to use the double dip though.
If you wanted to be lame, you could double dip me and Vash to one of the split identities and be guaranteed to get it right.
Nah, I'm saving a special guess for you.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by KittyMo »

StrangerCoug did not ford the river.
Vi also did not do the thing in response to the bridge being closed.
By process of elimination, you have determined Equinox did ford the river!

After your next correct match attempt, you lose any questions you haven't used up, but will continue to accrue them after each match attempt.

StrangersIdentities
KorinaOwns 5 Calvin and Hobbes compendiums
VashtaNeuroticWas expelled from elementary school (Fifth grade to be exact)

StrangersIdentities
pablitoAs a teenager, developed new spades/hearts variants for their online daily card game tournaments
StrangerCougBought Christmas presents from Amazon this year thinking they had paid to have them pre-wrapped when in fact they had not

Assistance

3 questions

Match Attempts

---Line of Assistance Revocation---
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Fluminator »

DANGIT. Why would you cross a river Equinox. It's cold.

Ok Korina, you got expelled in 5th grade.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Korina »

What? No, that's completely absurd. I would do no such thing! I am an upstanding citizen of the law who certainly wouldn't dare write sevral curse words on a bathroom stall in sharpie and flood a bathroom!
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Korina was expelled in the 5th grade.
By process of elimination (which totally comes as a shock) you know that VashtaNeurotic owns 5 Calvin and Hobbes compendiums. So do I, actually.

Congrats on 9 correct matches without using all your questions! Do you have unofficial guesses for these last three?

StrangersIdentities
pablitoAs a teenager, developed new spades/hearts variants for their online daily card game tournaments
StrangerCougBought Christmas presents from Amazon this year thinking they had paid to have them pre-wrapped when in fact they had not

"plz don't swear" -- N
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Woah, Vash is a Hobbes fan :O Learn something new!

Ok Stranger, you probably are the tournament playing card game person being sneaky
Vi is the videogame nerd
Pabs is the lazy christmas boi
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Equinox »

:twisted:
In post 182, Fluminator wrote:DANGIT. Why would you cross a river Equinox. It's cold.
hitogoroshi and I were hiking one summer in Washington, DC. We were planning on taking the trail all the way down, but, when we got to the bridge, there was a sign saying that it was closed. The water was up to our ankles, and we watched someone cross with their dog. He wanted to ford the river, but I wanted to try finding a land route around first. After walking along the banks for a while, I conceded that the better way if we didn't want to turn around was to cross the river. We took off our shoes and socks, and we walked across. The water was quite nice! We ended up hiking for like 15 miles or something, haha.
Last edited by Equinox on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

The answers are actually in alphabetical order lol, so you got Vi right. Good game!

"plz don't swear" -- N
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Fluminator »

You can see why I'm a terrible mafia player. Despite all logic pointing away from Coug being the tournament person, I still tunneled on him xD
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

C'mo~n fw00
It's much more likely that someone non-cis would have made sure to mention "but not with their given name", and between me and Equinox who did you think the gamer was

although Equinox's answer was
really
good
Fluminator 188 wrote:You can see why I'm a terrible mafia player. Despite all logic pointing away from Coug being the tournament person, I still tunneled on him xD
You were doing so well in the beginning! I thought you were going to #fullwin this game, but then you got cocky :(
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by KittyMo »

the answers table

StrangersIdentities
CaptainMemeTheir university flatmate kickstarted the Shrek Super Slam competitive scene
EquinoxForded a river because the bridge was closed
Haschel CedricsonOnce cut open an orange and it had a dollar bill inside
IprobablysuckDunked a poor cat in the toilet as a kid
KorinaWas expelled from elementary school (Fifth grade to be exact)
RadjaWent to an event hosted by a local club, despite not knowing anyone, and ended up meeting their girlfriend/boyfriend there; always thinks about that moment when they want to do things out of their comfort zone
Saladman27While they spent 2 years in their home country, was put in a TV-owned workshop for young talents
VashtaNeuroticOwns 5 Calvin and Hobbes compendiums
xofelfHas a large collection of yarn from crochet projects that have been started only to be unraveled again

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Extra guessing game open to anyone: Vi's identity is also true of someone on the stranger signup list, who is it¿

"plz don't swear" -- N
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 189, Vi wrote:C'mo~n fw00
It's much more likely that someone non-cis would have made sure to mention "but not with their given name", and between me and Equinox who did you think the gamer was

although Equinox's answer was
really
good
Fluminator 188 wrote:You can see why I'm a terrible mafia player. Despite all logic pointing away from Coug being the tournament person, I still tunneled on him xD
You were doing so well in the beginning! I thought you were going to #fullwin this game, but then you got cocky :(
I mainly just became a ball of confusion after everything kept pointing away from Coug being the hearts and spades player when I had that down as one of the guarantees at the start lol.

I knew you went hiking a lot, so lots of opportunity for river crossing there, and I was skeptical of your answers for the other two :P
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 189, Vi wrote:although Equinox's answer was
really
good
For what it's worth, off the top of my head, I have backed two visual novel campaigns at the $50 tier for the physical copy. Unfortunately, Sekai Project doesn't offer soundtracks at that level, and they only recently offered the option to have a name in the credit roll with their Rewrite+ campaign earlier this year, by which point I had already long lost interest in overly long games that are targeted at an audience 10 years younger than I am. However, I did back a campaign several years ago for a fan movie of
Mockingjay
; I don't remember if my name is in the credits, but it would have been my legal name, in any case.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 192, Fluminator wrote:I knew you went hiking a lot, so lots of opportunity for river crossing there
I assure you I was ready for questions on the subject~

I'll admit I may have been too curt with my answers. I did fully answer what you asked but I didn't put any effort into providing extra information, and I'm not sure how much that fit the spirit of the game. The gifting identity was worded in such a way that it was hard to avoid contradicting it while answering your question, so etc.
Equinox 193 wrote:Sekai Project
wait how did you wind up in the same extended universe as rabi-ribi
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by Korina »

Spoiler: How/Why I Got Expelled From The Fifth Grade
tl;dr - I wrote "sevral curse words" on a bathroom stall, (the actual ones like fuck; not the parent censored ones), and flooded a bathroom. They figured out it was me after having everyone in the school write something that began with "several students" and yours truly was the only one to write several as "sevral".

Longer Version - I had an IEP, (Individualized Educational Plan), when I was in public school. As I got older, I didn't really need it, but in elementary school, I absolutely needed it. It was mostly because I had problems focusing on stuff, and the fact I couldn't pronounce "th" or "s" sounds correctly. My school however, didn't really know what the fuck to do with me, and kinda didn't try to help me. Probably because I was Literally Satan Incarnate™ back then. I spent most of the day in the office because I was always in trouble for varying reasons. It was typically because I wasn't listening to the teachers, or I was fighting with other students, or I wasn't doing my work, or I was Literally Satan Incarnate™. You get the point.

It also didn't help that I was heavily bullied by my peers, to the point they would purposefully change the rules of games around until I decided to quit and sulk in a corner. The teachers also knew about it, but they didn't really bother with trying to solve it; I think because like I've said before, I was Literally Satan Incarnate™ back then. It did kinda lead to me figuring out that if I got into trouble and got ISS, (In School Suspension), they couldn't bully me, and that was one of the reasons why I spent so much time in there. But anyways, you get the general idea of how my elementary school was.

I hated it. The people hated me. I spent literally most of the time in there in the principals office, (to which my mom supposedly was never informed of), and I finished my work relatively quickly. So, I would just sit in there staring at a wall, thinking. Now, I don't remember where exactly I learned the curse words from, (much less where I got the sharpie from—I think I stole it from the principal's office?), but one day after gym, I decided I would go into the bathrooms directly across from the gymnasium with it, and write "sevral curse words" on the stall. Like I said in the tl;dr version, they weren't the parent versions—I literally wrote "Fuck" and other words like it on the stall.

The other thing I did that got me expelled was that I flooded a bathroom. Some of the classrooms were attached to another classroom by a small hallway with cubbies and a bathroom, and I learned if you were careful enough, you could lock and close the bathroom door without it unlocking. I also learned that if you were to take paper towels and place them on the drain, and turn on the sink, it would flood. From what I remember, it wasn't until a few hours later when one of the janitors was going through did they finally notice the bathroom was flooded.

The way how they caught me was extremely moronic too, in retrospect. They had everyone in the school, (at least, I think it was everyone), write a paragraph down that began with "several students" and yours truly was the only one who wrote it as "sevral". I do remember thinking in that very moment they had us write it down that it was to try to figure out who did it, but even with that, I still wrote it the same exact way. I think I over-thought the problem and ended up writing it how I wrote it on the stall because they wouldn't suspect it was me or something? I don't really remember.

There was also the fact that apparently a teacher saw me do it/leave the stall with a sharpie; however, if that was the case, I don't get why they would've had people write down that paragraph. And I also did hear later that I originally wasn't suspected of doing it, but when I was the only one who wrote several the same way, it was kinda obvious. I have no idea if either of those things are true however.

In case anyone wants to know why.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Interesting.
I also didn't know you were Ika's brother. I miss that guy.

I kind of figured that was you, because the first identity someone submits is usually more epic!
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by Korina »

I was kinda debating on putting that, but decided against it because 1) I’ve directly stated I am before and 2) I don’t know what the general forum opinion of him is since he’s been permabanned for a few years now.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 194, Vi wrote:wait how did you wind up in the same extended universe as rabi-ribi
I used to enjoy visual novels quite a lot back when the only good way to get a quality translation was to hope that a dedicated team of fans worked on it because the commercial players (e.g., Hirameki, JAST, old MangaGamer) either were not up to par or were selling hentai. One of the games I was tracking was School Days, famous for its numerous bad endings, and it was being translated over several years by a fan group called "Sekai Project". I forget if they were contracted by JAST or if they sold the translation to JAST, but eventually JAST published an official English-language edition of School Days. After that, Sekai Project themselves formed their own visual novel company and funded their projects through crowdfunding campaigns.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 197, Korina wrote:I was kinda debating on putting that, but decided against it because 1) I’ve directly stated I am before and 2) I don’t know what the general forum opinion of him is since he’s been permabanned for a few years now.
I was kind of away from the forum when all the drama went down and don't know what happened, and don't really want to know.

We never really got along in mafia, but we were allies in a vote allocation variant of a survivor game, and he was a blast there.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”