the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:15 am

Post by the worst »

In post 623, Alisae wrote:
how come NSG gets all of the spotlight for her cool role pms and I don't when I did that stuff and inspired her to do it

grumble grumble
hey wooper gotchu
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:17 am

Post by Alisae »

Wait hold on I haven’t nommed NSG for Paperback for Newsroom?
Thats an error that needs to be fixed.

Tomorrow.
GTKAS
| here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Nth Skygazer Modfather
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Alisae - May I add BrightEyedFish and Profii to the DrewVa kodak moment nom for BTE: LNT? It was originally supposed to be the 3 of the,, but for some reason the thing didn’t let me put them down when I nommed it at the beginning of the year.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I was thinking the other day that the problem with trying to come up with modfather nom is the modding experiences I've liked haven't come from prolific mods and the prolific mods have let me down some.

Oversoul just nommed someone even though they're not prolific and that kinda makes sense
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 628, Flavor Leaf wrote:
@Alisae - May I add BrightEyedFish and Profii to the DrewVa kodak moment nom for BTE: LNT? It was originally supposed to be the 3 of the,, but for some reason the thing didn’t let me put them down when I nommed it at the beginning of the year.
thats fine
GTKAS
| here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Is Nsg not prolific? I thought they did a lot of work on their games.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think she means prolific in the sense of volume of games

which I think nsg has still modded a fairly significant volume of games this year

definitely enough to be nominated
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

Paperback Writer
12/14/2019
Alisae
northsidegal
Micro 864 | The Newsroom
Every role lived inside this setup and it was presented beautifully. While it doesn't tell a story, its an amazingly presented game.
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't know how many games nsg modded this year, Oversoul mentioned she had fewer than the other nom so I assumed it was low.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Alisae »

Atleast 4 pops
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:53 am

Post by the worst »

Skyg also modded a tonne of super cool games in one huge bash when she had some more time/less big irl pressure - she was a Big Presence mod for about half this year. Nsg is definitely more of a quieter achiever - she's modded several opens which are just stunningly presented and very well modded. But she's kinda done it one at a time across the year.

They're good competing noms imo
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 636, the worst wrote:Skyg also modded a tonne of super cool games in one huge bash when she had some more time/less big irl pressure - she was a Big Presence mod for about half this year. Nsg is definitely more of a quieter achiever - she's modded several opens which are just stunningly presented and very well modded. But she's kinda done it one at a time across the year.

They're good competing noms imo
This is an accurate summary of both individuals' 2019 modding history. After digging around a little bit more, it appears that NSG is only slightly less prolific than Skygazer. However, I was not aware of that fact when making the nomination.

Both individuals deserve to win in my eyes. May the best mod win!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:21 am

Post by the worst »

I think Plot needs a modfather nom this year as well the dialogue around his contributions last year was eye opening.

edit: that being said... I'll do it later :p
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Alisae »

Plot community contributor > modfather imo
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by the worst »

oh my god yes good call

commodnity confathertributor
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah not sure it's fair to put someone up who mods newbies against someone running large themes or whatever
The way the newbie queue works, you have no guarantee to play in plot's games. Remember, receiving modfather means your games were the best for that year.
Also, this is something plot does consistently for how many years? You really wanna call him moderator of the year for something he's been doing for years?
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by the worst »

my suggestion was more due to forgetting about community contributor tbh
i don't think the length of his service means that we're doing a disservice to his previous work by acknowledging him in 2019. but on other fronts, point taken and i agree.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

Community Contributor
12/15/19
Alisae
+the worst
Plotinus
The thread I linked is a thread Ploti got stickied in MD. It teaches someone how to mod and set up a game. Ploti for years has modded so many newbies. Too many to count. He is probably the best newbie mod, with over 37+ newbies modded. All of his games is modded in the utmost excellency.
This kind of deed is something that goes here instead of Modfather. Its unfair to make Plot compete against mods who run themes.
Running newbie games the way he does is a Community Serivce.
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

Mad Scientist
December 16, 2019 popsofctown Something_Smart Undertale Semi-Open, Undertale Semi-Open 1.1 The May Open Setup Design Contest was stacked with strong entries. Yet Something_Smart won the contest and it wasn't even close. The reason was because his setup was a truly innovative concept that added new angles to mafia without subverting the informed minority dynamic.
Undertale Semi-Open is both "vote for town" and "vote for scum", allowing players to dynamically swap between those choices, unlike other setups that have presented "vote for town" before. It also features a kill-immune neighborhood for "vote for town" nominees, which can have social deduction implications. The features of the game's endgame change based on how much "vote for town" and "vote for scum" was used. Undertale Semi-Open was put into practice twice, and the paradigm shifts and endless possibilities suggested by the concept were by and large realized.
The endgames are balanced enough that players frequently disagree which one is best. This can shift further when the gamestate favors a certain route due to the dayplay, or when the randomized PR incentivizes one of the routes. The first run featured scum!volxen making the case for pacifist being the best route for town while privately admitting otherwise, before going on to win the pacifist route. The second game featured PR!mastina making a post that seems intended to manipulate town into her PR's favored route
The spared neighborhood is a sort of build-your-own masonry, and it can hide information from scum and be powerful. In the first run of the setup Elements conjectured chennisden might be a viable mislynch, but found out later chennisden had pretty effectively cleared his own slot in the privacy of the spared PT. Again, this "masonry" has NK immunity, but town has to pick out actual townies to put in it themselves. The amount of town agency involved in building the spared PT is another fascinating feature, sparing chennisden is considered a reason town almost won the first run of the setup, and failing to spare him for similar play in the second run of the setup was believed by some to be a reason the game was almost lost.
Last, but definitely not least, presenting the opportunities to reach innocent verdicts or guilty verdicts side by side creates gameplay scenarios that I can't imagine paralleled in traditional mafia. The second run featured a death-lynch being lolhammered by a player who was very concerned about the accuracy of the heal-lynch and wanted to "counterwagon" it. Here are the pertinent posts: post 790 post 791 post 797
I became a first time mod after eleven years of staying away from it just because the concept behind this setup was so innovative and impressive. While I did some design work with regards to balance and did the modding here, I had absolutely no hand in the core innovation of sparing and endgame routes and there is no self-nom to this (note this is Mad Scientist, not Rube Goldberg).
"Well, I..."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:18 am

Post by mastina »

In post 629, popsofctown wrote:I was thinking the other day that the problem with trying to come up with modfather nom is the modding experiences I've liked haven't come from prolific mods and the prolific mods have let me down some.
Is this the problem behind the scummies lacking nominations where people think someone must be prolific in order to nominate them?

Because uhhh...nowhere in the scummies does it say a user must be prolific to receive a nom?

If you see something nomworthy, regardless of the user, then nom it. Doesn't matter if someone won Paragon last year, you can nom them again this year. Ditto don corelone. Similarly, you can nom someone as a rising star even if they've won one, or both, of paragon/don corelone at some point. And the vice-versa is true as well. Doesn't matter if they're a total unknown--if they do something which you think is award-worthy, then nominate it!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 645, mastina wrote:
In post 629, popsofctown wrote:I was thinking the other day that the problem with trying to come up with modfather nom is the modding experiences I've liked haven't come from prolific mods and the prolific mods have let me down some.
Is this the problem behind the scummies lacking nominations where people think someone must be prolific in order to nominate them?

Because uhhh...nowhere in the scummies does it say a user must be prolific to receive a nom?

If you see something nomworthy, regardless of the user, then nom it. Doesn't matter if someone won Paragon last year, you can nom them again this year. Ditto don corelone. Similarly, you can nom someone as a rising star even if they've won one, or both, of paragon/don corelone at some point. And the vice-versa is true as well. Doesn't matter if they're a total unknown--if they do something which you think is award-worthy, then nominate it!
1. Yeah I was kind of thinking aloud "oh yeah maybe I should stop caring about prolific".
2. I feel positive RC is the Don Corleone of 2019 but he said he doesn't want to be in the pool of nomination because he's already won the award :shifty: .
"Well, I..."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Pine »

Screw what he wants. If you think he's the best choice, nom him. Let the judges take that into consideration.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Will he be barred from judging the category if he's nominated?
I'm guessing he'd vote "no" on his own DC.
I don't know how any of this works
"Well, I..."
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 648, popsofctown wrote:Will he be barred from judging the category if he's nominated?
that's how it goes yeah

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”