Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

I keep expecting S_S to explain that naked vote on me, but nope. Just hangin out for presumably no reason.

I strongly townread GL now, fwiw. On day 1 I could not follow his train of thought in a genuine way. D2, with the realization that he was comparing it so specifically to high noon, I do.

Menalque, why are you categorizing DogWatch as a lurker? I don’t.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1649, Amrun wrote:That’s not what a perspective slip is. It isn’t done on purpose.
I don't make posts that aren't on purpose.

I suspect that most people are the same way, given that real perspective slips are extremely rare.

I would absolutely make that post if I were scumbuddies with Iconeum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:45 pm

In post 1650, Amrun wrote:I keep expecting S_S to explain that naked vote on me, but nope. Just hangin out for presumably no reason.
I'm sheeping Creature, and I believe Aaron townslipped.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Why did you think there was no reason?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1651, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1649, Amrun wrote:That’s not what a perspective slip is. It isn’t done on purpose.
I don't make posts that aren't on purpose.

I suspect that most people are the same way, given that real perspective slips are extremely rare.

I would absolutely make that post if I were scumbuddies with Iconeum.
It’s really not a huge deal either way, and perhaps YOU would, but for me, it’s a huge tick in the “not buddies” box which is largely irrelevant since I believe Iconeum to be town. It’s a note for later just in case.

You aren’t making a genuine attempt to sort me at all, though. :/
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:50 pm

In post 1649, Amrun wrote:It came right after your town read on him, so presumably, you were speaking from a place of Iconeum being town because that was your town read, but the wording bothered me.
Actually if you want to know it was in response to Salamence claiming that Iconeum was imploding town like TSE was. Iconeum's behavior looked different to me, so if he was a townie getting riled up, he was not a townie getting riled up in the same way that TSE was.

Also, I always talk to people as if they are town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1653, Something_Smart wrote:Why did you think there was no reason?
I didn’t think there was actually no reason, which is why I kept thinking you were working on a post about it, but in reality, it appears the reasoning is so sparse that my eyes actually rolled back in my head when I read it. Especially for one so cautious with a vote in day 1, and took flak for it, today to vote so weirdly is confusing to me.

P-edit: that’s interesting. Always?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:51 pm

In post 1654, Amrun wrote:You aren’t making a genuine attempt to sort me at all, though. :/
I did, but didn't get very far. I'd rather trust Creature's attempt to sort you, at least for now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1339, Creature wrote:Still DW is scummy
In post 1340, Creature wrote:SS can be scum, but Amrun and AF gotta go first
In post 1345, Creature wrote:Salamence is a spice shot I endorse
In post 1347, Creature wrote:Is Iconeum talking that much in the scum thread?

Creature professed quite a lot of scumreads at the end, including DogWatch, yourself, and his LAST scumreads were Salamence and Iconeum. So just literally what the fuck.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1657, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1654, Amrun wrote:You aren’t making a genuine attempt to sort me at all, though. :/
I did, but didn't get very far. I'd rather trust Creature's attempt to sort you, at least for now.
Creature didn’t attempt to do shit, with anyone, which is why his dying reads were clearly a garbage pile on fire. He couldn’t have been more disengaged with this game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1655, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1649, Amrun wrote:It came right after your town read on him, so presumably, you were speaking from a place of Iconeum being town because that was your town read, but the wording bothered me.
Actually if you want to know it was in response to Salamence claiming that Iconeum was imploding town like TSE was. Iconeum's behavior looked different to me, so if he was a townie getting riled up, he was not a townie getting riled up in the same way that TSE was.

Also, I always talk to people as if they are town.

And once again, I know what you were literally attempting to say. I know what it was referring to. I reread the entire game day in context in great detail.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 pm

In post 1656, Amrun wrote:P-edit: that’s interesting. Always?
Well no. Not always. When I'm talking about my own thought processes, of course I will give my reads as they are regardless of whom I'm talking to. But when I'm talking to someone about their own thought processes, I will attempt to understand them, rather than accusing them of being fake.

I think in that Icon example I was actually talking about Salamence's thought process, so this principle may not apply, but it's worth noting nonetheless. I get accused of perspective slipping a lot, and yet (afaicr) I've never actually made a perspective slip.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 pm

In post 1658, Amrun wrote:Creature professed quite a lot of scumreads at the end, including DogWatch, yourself, and his LAST scumreads were Salamence and Iconeum. So just literally what the fuck.
I mean you and Aaron were pretty clearly his strongest scumreads.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Amrun »

For someone so thoughtful that values his vote so much, you haven’t even put enough thought into this vote to determine who was actually Creature’s dying scumread. I don’t like that. It doesn’t seem internally consistent with your day 1 play.

About the perspective “slip,” though: noted.

P-edit: actually, no, I don’t think that was clear at all.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Amrun »

And why sheep creature over Salamence20? Pret?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Spoiler:
In post 1202, Creature wrote:Datish
Amrun
DrDolittle
AaronFrost

Pick one to lynch
In post 1223, Creature wrote:Amrun and AaronFrost haven't done shit for me to change my opinion on them
In post 1226, Creature wrote:VOTE: Amrun

This wagon dismantled pretty quick for my liking
In post 1284, Creature wrote:Amrun and Aaron are scum

You'll have to admit your reads are complete crap this game
In post 1310, Creature wrote:Can we speedlynch Amrun or Aaron tomorrow?
In post 1314, Creature wrote:Amrun and Aaron should be dead though
In post 1319, Creature wrote:Again I repeat:

Fucking speedlynch Amrun or Aaron tomorrow, whoever is alive
In post 1325, Creature wrote:
In post 1323, alimdia wrote:I can lit hammer now
Sure, but put Amrun or Aaron L-1 the first RL day of tomorrow
In post 1332, Creature wrote:I strong scumread Aaron and Amrun and townread everybody else on my wagon
In post 1340, Creature wrote:SS can be scum, but Amrun and AF gotta go first
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:03 pm

In post 1664, Amrun wrote:And why sheep creature over Salamence20? Pret?
Creature was more confident and I know he has a history of having good reads early.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:04 pm

What's your read on me?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Amrun »

I do think he maintained those scumreads the best, but he also, by his own admission, “forgot” he scumread Aaron which put him under fire initially.

It’s creature, and a severely under engaged creature. Yes, he said those things, but he also said a LOT of other things. And the LAST thing he said before he died was that Ico/Sal were scum together.

P-edit: Up until my re-read I had a fairly strong townread on you. I don’t really care about the fact that you’re voting me - it could be anyone - but it’s severely damaging that townread because it’s so poorly reasoned for a player I understood to be extremely analytical. And you also casually dropped what turned out to be a blatant sheep in the middle of a good faith conversation with me. I assumed it came from the conversation, which isn’t scummy in and of itself, but like I said, you don’t seem to be internally consistent with yourself, which bothers me a lot.

I would drop you into my lynch pool for this, but you’re still not near the top of it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Why did Creature make 80 posts in two days if he was disengaged?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Creature said he scumread you ten times in those posts, most of which were stating or implying that you were one of his strongest scumreads. The fact that he happened to mention some other reads last does not change that.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1669, Something_Smart wrote:Why did Creature make 80 posts in two days if he was disengaged?
Have you met Creature? I know enough to know that post count is meaningless for him.

I don’t really have a ton of experience with him so maybe I shouldn’t be talking like that, but, perhaps Creature and I have different definitions of “engaged,” too. I myself have had a very difficult time engaging with this particular game, but I’m getting there.

My point is, though, that I try to take into account dead players’ reads, as referenced up thread, but I have never, ever been tempted to let them supplant my own reads. Not once.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1670, Something_Smart wrote:Creature said he scumread you ten times in those posts, most of which were stating or implying that you were one of his strongest scumreads. The fact that he happened to mention some other reads last does not change that.

I don’t care to argue the semantics of this; we can agree I was certainly featured often on his scumreads. My point is why you are settling for poorly sheeping a dead player after making such a stink day 1 about how you wait to use your vote meaningfully? That’s not meaningful. If it coincided to your own scumread, adding Creature’s to it is one thing, but just to say “eh can’t read you, can’t be arsed to try, gonna sheep Creature instead” is fucking bizarre.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:24 pm

It's really not poorly reasoned. Creature very clearly put you and Aaron as his primary scumreads; if you can find someone else he mentioned definitely wanting to kill more times than he did for you or Aaron, I'll drop this line of thought and vote them.

Between you and Aaron, I think it's unlikely that Aaron consciously decides to fake forgetting about the scum factional NK. Most scum players don't adopt such tactics. So between the two of you, I prefer you.

As for why I'm sheeping, well, the Creature lynch was bullshit and his voice shouldn't have been removed from the game, and I have a lot of respect for his reads anyway, and I've pretty much been unable to hit on my own scumreads.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Amrun do you think I'm mis-reading you or reading you in bad faith

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”