Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 3298, chennisden wrote:because scum have incentive to vanillaize a doctor if they have said doctor (esp if N1 there's no vig shot).
Do you think scum would actually vanillaize their own Doc instead of just lying and saying he was vanillaized?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3301, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 3298, chennisden wrote:because scum have incentive to vanillaize a doctor if they have said doctor (esp if N1 there's no vig shot).
Do you think scum would actually vanillaize their own Doc instead of just lying and saying he was vanillaized?
I'd buy this if the n2 kill wasn't pisskop.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

What does the Pisskop kill have to do with scum potentially vanillaizing their own PR?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3303, Alchemist21 wrote:What does the Pisskop kill have to do with scum potentially vanillaizing their own PR?
I doubt scum would refuse to vanillaize anyone.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Lavender
(9): jjh927, Doctor Drew,
gobbledygook, Gamma Emerald, Egix96
, Yodavader, Blatant Scum,
Titus
, Creature
pisskop
(4):
Crimson97
, yurkin,
Looker

Blatant Scum (2):
pisskop, Lavender

Flubbernugget
(1): Alchemist21
Gamma Emerald
(1):
Flubbernugget

jjh927 (1): Chennisden

---

Gamma Emerald
(8): Blatant Scum, Doctor Drew,
pisskop, Egix96, Titus, Looker, Gobbledygook
, Alchemist21
Chennisden (2):
Flubbernugget, Gamma Emerald

Flubbernugget
(2): YodaVader, yurkin
Doctor Drew (1): Chennisden
Creature (1): jjh927
Looker
(1): Creature

---

Looker
(7): Alchemist21, Doctor Drew,
Gobbledygook
, jjh927, Chennisden,
Looker, Flubbernugget

Doctor Drew (3):
Titus
, Creature, Blatant Scum
Not Voting (3):
Egix96
, yurkin, YodaVader

===

Interesting that Doctor Drew was on all three lynch wagons.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by chennisden »

Same difference
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by chennisden »

Either of those lead to the same conclusion
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Titus »

Coloring yourself green on VCA is dishonest
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by chennisden »

I agree
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3306, chennisden wrote:
Same difference
Not n2 with this many investigatives.

For BS, he could have so many lies as outs if anyone died.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by chennisden »

Also coloring a bunch of VCs, while marginally helpful, is not the same as actually offering commentary

I think you're hiding behind your tools gobble
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 3310, Titus wrote:
Same difference

Why would they vanillaize their nightkill tho
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by chennisden »

But yeah that's true if he was scum he could have a ton of excuses
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3312, chennisden wrote:
In post 3310, Titus wrote:
Same difference

Why would they vanillaize their nightkill tho
It would give them an out for later.

But it wouldn't happen in this case.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by chennisden »

Yea I agree w/ that

Maybe they're scared if their NK doesn't go out I guess, but that would be pretty unlikely
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3308, Titus wrote:Coloring yourself green on VCA is dishonest
In post 3311, chennisden wrote:Also coloring a bunch of VCs, while marginally helpful, is not the same as actually offering commentary

I think you're hiding behind your tools gobble
I posted it for my own ease. It’s annoying looking at it in draft form.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by chennisden »

Fair enough
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by chennisden »

I sympathize with being too lazy to use notepad and having to say literally everything I think in thread, that's literally my playstyle
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Reading through Alchemist’s iso, I think he is scum.

VOTE: Alchemist
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3318, chennisden wrote:I sympathize with being too lazy to use notepad and having to say literally everything I think in thread, that's literally my playstyle
+1
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I think that Alchemist is a much better town player than the player that I see in this game.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Explain.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 3286, gobbledygook wrote:Activity Flow Analysis

I do this analysis from time to time to help me understand the game state better. It is a simple graphical representation of an individual player's posting habit. I manually count how many days there are in a game (make exceptions for when the thread is locked for night/mod issues) and then I tally how many posts an individual player has made on any given day. I then turn this data into a line chart to get a better idea of their overall posting habits. This allows me to see the general "trend" of an individual player's posting frequency (is their frequency trending upward, or downward). It also allows me to see if there are any peculiar posting habits. Is a player popping in every few days and posting a lot (marked by many peaks and valleys), or are they more consistently a low poster (marked by plateaus or lower peaks).

Why do I do this? I am under the strong belief that players more often than not post less as scum and generally try to lurk. There are a number of reasons that a scum would want to lurk Principally, less posting means less opportunity to have your thoughts/play scrutinized and thus lowers the likelihood that you will be discovered. Additionally, I also think that the majority of players do not like playing as scum and lurk by default. Before anyone asks, yes, I have done this as scum. Before anyone asks, yes, the hypothesis held and my own activity flow showed me as scum.

I have saved all of the relevant information into an Excel file. But without further ado, I present The Big Four Activity Flow.

Spoiler: Big 4 Activity Flow
Yurkin

JJH

Yodavader

Doctor Drew

Alchemist

Blatant Scum

Creature

Chennisden

Analysis:
Three people have clearly positive trend lines (denoted by the dashed horizontal line across the chart): Blatant Scum, Chennisden, Doctor Drew. Alchemist does have a positive trend line, but it is a very weak positive. The rest of the game has negative trend lines (Creature, JJH, Yodavader, Yurkin).

Positive trend lines indicate that an individual has increased their activity over the course of the game. Negative trend lines indicate that an individual has decreased their activity over the course of the game. In my experience, scum tend to have negative trend lines. They get in, show their face, get a couple of town reads, and then coast on that.

Both Creature and Alchemist get a large percentage of their total post count on a single day. Creature is the worst offender. On December 3, Creature posted 110 times. That accounts for 38% (110/289) of his total post count. That was Creature's second day in the game. He has not approached that level of activity since December 3. He did have a little burst of activity on December 6 and 7 posting 37 and 46 times respectively. Since that time, a time span of two weeks, Creature has posted only 69 times, accounting for 23.8% of his total posts. He also did not post
at all
for 5 days. That type of behavior is highly suspicious and indicative of a scum member coasting on getting town read quickly upon arrival in the game.

On November 23, Alchemist posted 47 times. This accounts for 23.5% of his total post count. That means one fourth of his total posts came on one day. To remind everyone what happened on November 23, that was the day the game opened for Day 2. TrueSoulEnergy revealed Alchemist visited Pisskop which then forced Alchemist to claim his role. Alchemist's Activity Flow is interesting because that single day widely out paces all of his other days. He frequently has 0-3 posts a day which also indicates scum coasting.

Yurkin has two massive spikes in activity that dwarf the rest of his posting. On October 31, Yurkin posted 39 times accounting for 25.1% (39/155) of his total posts. On November 25, Yurkin posted 29 times, accounting for 18.7% (29/155) of his total posts. Together, those two days account for nearly half of his total posts in this game. For context, this game has been going on for almost 2 months. Since November 25, Yurkin has the most days of 0 posts out of anyone player in the game with
. If you count the 0 post days before November 25, Yurkin has a staggering
23 days
where he
did not post at all
. That to me screams lurker.

Due to these trends, my top suspects are Yurkin, JJH, and Creature. The activity flow of Blatant Scum, Chennisden, and Doctor Drew make me less inclined to follow a wagon onto any of those players.
+1
I like the graph and as of right now, I don't think my activity level will ever change but I do hope you take into consideration that there is a lot of shitposting that happens in games. I do see where you are going with this though and I applaud your work in taking the time to do it.

As for me, it's really my lack of being able to connect dots like everyone else and my fear of sounding scummy that prevents me from saying more.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3323, Yodavader wrote:
In post 3286, gobbledygook wrote:Activity Flow Analysis

I do this analysis from time to time to help me understand the game state better. It is a simple graphical representation of an individual player's posting habit. I manually count how many days there are in a game (make exceptions for when the thread is locked for night/mod issues) and then I tally how many posts an individual player has made on any given day. I then turn this data into a line chart to get a better idea of their overall posting habits. This allows me to see the general "trend" of an individual player's posting frequency (is their frequency trending upward, or downward). It also allows me to see if there are any peculiar posting habits. Is a player popping in every few days and posting a lot (marked by many peaks and valleys), or are they more consistently a low poster (marked by plateaus or lower peaks).

Why do I do this? I am under the strong belief that players more often than not post less as scum and generally try to lurk. There are a number of reasons that a scum would want to lurk Principally, less posting means less opportunity to have your thoughts/play scrutinized and thus lowers the likelihood that you will be discovered. Additionally, I also think that the majority of players do not like playing as scum and lurk by default. Before anyone asks, yes, I have done this as scum. Before anyone asks, yes, the hypothesis held and my own activity flow showed me as scum.

I have saved all of the relevant information into an Excel file. But without further ado, I present The Big Four Activity Flow.

Spoiler: Big 4 Activity Flow
Yurkin

JJH

Yodavader

Doctor Drew

Alchemist

Blatant Scum

Creature

Chennisden

Analysis:
Three people have clearly positive trend lines (denoted by the dashed horizontal line across the chart): Blatant Scum, Chennisden, Doctor Drew. Alchemist does have a positive trend line, but it is a very weak positive. The rest of the game has negative trend lines (Creature, JJH, Yodavader, Yurkin).

Positive trend lines indicate that an individual has increased their activity over the course of the game. Negative trend lines indicate that an individual has decreased their activity over the course of the game. In my experience, scum tend to have negative trend lines. They get in, show their face, get a couple of town reads, and then coast on that.

Both Creature and Alchemist get a large percentage of their total post count on a single day. Creature is the worst offender. On December 3, Creature posted 110 times. That accounts for 38% (110/289) of his total post count. That was Creature's second day in the game. He has not approached that level of activity since December 3. He did have a little burst of activity on December 6 and 7 posting 37 and 46 times respectively. Since that time, a time span of two weeks, Creature has posted only 69 times, accounting for 23.8% of his total posts. He also did not post
at all
for 5 days. That type of behavior is highly suspicious and indicative of a scum member coasting on getting town read quickly upon arrival in the game.

On November 23, Alchemist posted 47 times. This accounts for 23.5% of his total post count. That means one fourth of his total posts came on one day. To remind everyone what happened on November 23, that was the day the game opened for Day 2. TrueSoulEnergy revealed Alchemist visited Pisskop which then forced Alchemist to claim his role. Alchemist's Activity Flow is interesting because that single day widely out paces all of his other days. He frequently has 0-3 posts a day which also indicates scum coasting.

Yurkin has two massive spikes in activity that dwarf the rest of his posting. On October 31, Yurkin posted 39 times accounting for 25.1% (39/155) of his total posts. On November 25, Yurkin posted 29 times, accounting for 18.7% (29/155) of his total posts. Together, those two days account for nearly half of his total posts in this game. For context, this game has been going on for almost 2 months. Since November 25, Yurkin has the most days of 0 posts out of anyone player in the game with
. If you count the 0 post days before November 25, Yurkin has a staggering
23 days
where he
did not post at all
. That to me screams lurker.

Due to these trends, my top suspects are Yurkin, JJH, and Creature. The activity flow of Blatant Scum, Chennisden, and Doctor Drew make me less inclined to follow a wagon onto any of those players.
+1
I like the graph and as of right now, I don't think my activity level will ever change but I do hope you take into consideration that there is a lot of shitposting that happens in games. I do see where you are going with this though and I applaud your work in taking the time to do it.

As for me, it's really my lack of being able to connect dots like everyone else and my fear of sounding scummy that prevents me from saying more.
It's the lack of talking that makes you sound scummy. I can't track your thoughts.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”