Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:51 am

Post by Fishbulb »

PeaceBringer was no coward; he was not about to flee like the rest of them. He is instantly out of his seat and assaulting one of the cadets before any of the others realize what is happening. The force of the first punch sends the cadet sprawling on the floor. PeaceBringer wastes no time mounting the dazed cadet and continuing the onslaught. Soon all of the cadets pile on trying to seperate PeaceBringer from his victim...
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:51 am

Post by Fishbulb »

The rest tried to hold PeaceBringer off, but they were having significant problems. By now, EnPaceRaquiescat was out cold, but it didn't slow PeaceBringer in the slightest. "He's going to kill us all, don't you see that?" he screamed.

They finally pull him off but he is still out of control and started attacking the other cadets. Eventually they get him on the ground, kicking and screaming. After a lengthy struggle to keep him down, one of the cadets smashes his face with his steel toed boot.
PeaceBringer
is dead.

They head back over to EnPaceRaquiescat to see how bad he got it. That's when they notice the knife in his side. Someone must've slipped it out of the other corpse and got it in him while everyone was piled on. They only thing the cadets are sure of is that it wasn't PeaceBringer.

They check PeaceBringer and come to the conclusion that he was never in with the killers.
EnPaceRaquiscat
is piled with the other corpses.

This is it. The remaining cadets know that they need to find the last killer, and do it fast.

'Day' 4

4 Remain:

Shadyforce
Vraak X (replaces genku)
pwnz (replaces Untrod Tripod)
mathcam (replaces spork76 (replaces bloojay))
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:17 am

Post by mathcam »

mathcam wrote:and there are others that I do feel are probably pro-town (the new EPR, for one).
Fishbulb wrote:EnPaceRaquiscat is piled with the other corpses.
Yeah, I shouldn't have said that. Damn.

Okay, time to check everyone out again. I can't believe we haven't lynched Vraak yet, and unfortunately, it's now lynch or lose time.

I think no lynch has to be right for today.

Cam
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:12 pm

Post by pwnz »

Why would you suggest a no lynch right off the bat? What good will that do us?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by pwnz »

Fishbulb wrote:The remaining cadets know that they need to find the last killer, and do it fast.
mathcam wrote:Yeah, I shouldn't have said that. Damn.
Would it have really mattered if there is only one mafia left?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:31 pm

Post by pwnz »

So many unanswered questions! Please.. enlighten me!!
(Sorry for the triple post..)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:34 pm

Post by mathcam »

For the no lynch, this is a pretty common mafia situation. If there's one scum left out of the 4 of us (seems very likely, since we'd probably be dead if there were 2), then if we lynch wrong, we lose. So we can either lynch today with a probability 1/4 of hitting scum, or we can lynch tomorrow with a 1/3 probability of hitting scum. Obviously 1/3 is better than 1/4, and in either case lynching wrong loses. So that's why it's best to give the mafia a chance to kill one of us off (as counter-intuitive as it seems).

For the second question: Well, it would have to me, because I would have been fairly sure of EPR's innocence, which would have made the decision-making process a little easier (at least for me). But now he's dead and I'm stuck with you all. :)

Cam
Vraak X
Vraak X
Approved by George W. Bush
Vraak X

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:02 pm

Post by Vraak X »

There is no choice but to no lynch. If you vote me, you will lose the game.

VOTE: No lynch

On a side note, it is most probable that I will be dying this coming night, so I would like to point out in advance that my suspicions still lie on Mathcam. Shadyforce hasn't been active enough, although pwnz sparks my suspicion as well.

If, however, Mathcam dies and I do not, then my suspicion lies 100% on pwnz.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:08 pm

Post by mathcam »

Why the heck would you be most probable to die tonight?

Cam
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:28 pm

Post by Vraak X »

Instinct. But just because I said that, mafia will probably pick someone else.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:31 pm

Post by mathcam »

I'll vote no lynch once we hear from shady.

Cam
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:38 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

bah. I didn't even get time to be a replacement.

sorry fishbulb.
sorry guys.
freak with short term memory
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:50 am

Post by shadyforce »

Well, I was all set to explain why no-lynch was better than lynching but Cam beat me to it.

I think you guys have been foolish talking at all today except to point out that no-lynch is the correct play. Anything you say now will only help scum with their choice of kill, such as who is likely to try and lynch whom.

Let's leave the discussion to tomorrow when there are 3 of us and we have to make the big decision.

Vote: No-Lynch
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:10 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, interesting point. I'm not sure I totally buy it, though....anyway,
vote: no lynch

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:52 am

Post by Fishbulb »

The cadets gather again, but without much to say. Afraid to make any false moves, they sit and silence and wait. For a while the only sound heard was the patter of rain on the roof, and the occasional crack of nearby thunder. They look each other over waiting for someone to make a move...
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:56 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Hours seem to go by, and still nothing happens. They had thought the storm was moving on, but it seems to be growing steadily worse as the cadets sit and stare at each other.

The situation has gotten incredibly tense. They can sense that something is going to happen and none of them so much as blink to keep from missing it. The thunder and lightening continually fills the room with flashes and rumbles. And then, one so close as to make all of them jump in unison, knocks the power out for good. They scamper around in the darkness simultaneously looking for a source of light and watching out for the killer. One of the cadets does know where a couple flashlights are stored and is heading off in that direction (at least he hopes).

Sudden yelps burst out of the ominous darkness. No one can be sure where it is coming from, or who is involved. They go on for a few seconds, and finally a plea for help from the voice of Vraak X is heard. And then, it is silent once more.

Several minutes pass... One of the remaining cadets is now searching for the door. Another has found the supply chest and is frantically searching for a flashlight. And the last cadet has decided it is safer to just stay put; at least that way he can hear if anyone approaches him.

A flashlight pierces the darkness, and all of them look towards its target:
Vraak X
's dead body. Once they become accustomed to the light, they spot each other. Feeling somewhat safer near the light, they all head back for the final vote.

'Day' 5

3 Remain
:
Shadyforce
pwnz (replaces Untrod Tripod)
mathcam (replaces spork76 (replaces bloojay))
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:34 am

Post by pwnz »

Let's review. What are both your roles? There is no point in lying anymore.. one of us is obviously the scumbag.. and I'm not he.
pwnz wrote:As far as roles go.. I have no problem claiming at this point.
Untrod was the Cadet Lieutenant Colonel, given the ability to
"check" people at night. If he found anything suspicious, he
would block ther next night action. He was a roleblocker of
sorts, but now that all abilities have been removed.. I am
nothing more than a humble townie.
(post 1098)
Vraak X wrote:His story checks out. The Lieutenant Colonel role fits perfectly.
(post 1100)
A dead townie agreed with my role.. and it was the same townie that suspected mathcam. For Vraak.. [/b]vote: mathcam[/b]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:35 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, let me just tell you how glad you should be that your vote didn't work. Whether or not you think you're sure, putting someone one vote away from lynch when there's a scum on the loose is very bad.

I'm pretty convinced that shady's our scum. I began to think it yesterday when he came on so forcefully about the whole no lynch...seemed like a pretty agressive attempt to look pro-town.

Wow, I went back and hoped that bloojay gave me something to work with, but he made 12 posts in the 5 months he was in the game. Sheesh.

Again, pwnz, I urge you to reconsider. Why were you going to vote for me anyway? What makes you think Shady is pro-town?

Cam
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:49 am

Post by pwnz »

What makes me sure that you're NOT pro-town is the fact that you still haven't answered my question about your role.. and the fact that YOU, not shady.. were first to suggest the no lynch. I don't know what to think anymore.. I just think that you're it.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:20 pm

Post by mathcam »

What question have I not answered? Even without knowing, I can tell you the answer: I don't know. Spork didn't know what his role was either, because bloojay forgot. This was part of the reason we had to scrap all of our roles and go to sudden death in the first place, instead of just continuing the gams as normal.

The no lynch was absolutely the correct play...why am I scummy for suggesting it?

Cam
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:31 pm

Post by pwnz »

mathcam wrote:I'm pretty convinced that shady's our scum. I began to think it yesterday when he came on so forcefully about the whole no lynch...seemed like a pretty agressive attempt to look pro-town.
and then one post later..
mathcam wrote:The no lynch was absolutely the correct play...why am I scummy for suggesting it?
Shadyforce.. are you alive?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:40 am

Post by mathcam »

I didn't say shady was scummy for suggesting it, I said he was scummy for doing so that aggressively. Look at his post:
pwnz wrote: Well, I was all set to explain why no-lynch was better than lynching but Cam beat me to it.

I think you guys have been foolish talking at all today except to point out that no-lynch is the correct play. Anything you say now will only help scum with their choice of kill, such as who is likely to try and lynch whom.
You're telling me that doesn't sound like scum trying
really
hard to appear pro-town? Come on, pwnz, make the right choice here.

Maybe a modprod of shady would be appropriate?

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:34 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Maybe after the thread has been open for more than 24 hours. :P
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:24 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh, right. Time sure does pass slow on the boards when you're on a lot. :oops:

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:04 am

Post by shadyforce »

Hi, sorry I wasn't on the weekend. Debating competition. No net access. Ok Cam, fair enough comments, but if I can respond:

You seem to be saying I aggresively persued no-lynch. I disagree. I merely commented that I would also have explained why no-lynch was the best option if you didn't do it first. I didn't need to aggresively persue it, because it was heading there anyway.

Perhaps you mean that I aggresively tried to get people to stop talking about their suspicions since the lynch or lack thereof was already decided. That was what I was saying in the second paragraph and yes I did.

The difference between the 2 situations is that aggresively persuing no-lynch when no-lynch looks to be inevitable anyway, doesn't have a point, and is indeed only
acting
as pro-town as possible.

However, it wasn't inevitable at that point that people were going to stop talking about who they thought is suspicious, and who might make a good/bad kill for scum. So I took it upon myself to explicitly state that they should stop. I'd call that
being
as pro-town as possible.

I hope you acknowledge the difference, and assume your not contending the point that when the lynch is decided, further talk only helps scum and is best left until after scum have to make their decision, but before we have to make ours.

And to remind you that though there may be indications towards my scumminess, do they really compare with the indication towards me being pro-town? I am a claimed cop after all, I have gotten one scum lynched in the game. Doesn't this at least require stronger reasons than you're offering, to warrant thinking I'm more suspicious that pwnz?

Having said all that, I think pwnz is our remaining scum. I'm just getting pro-town vibes from Cam, I think he is approaching this with the intention of making the
best
lynch, rather than
a
lynch by accusing me rather than just going for pwnz, the non-claimed-cop. I've played enough with Cam to have a good idea as to how he plays when scum and not, and I honestly don't think he is scum. So by default, pwnz probably is.

So I guess we have a stalemate, unless I've managed to convince you to switch, Cam?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”