OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

idk krazy there is a lot to get your hands dirty with and you are actively not doing that
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Some people just like having clean hands, Oka. Don't be rude.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 139, Micc wrote:
Amrun has replaced Mathdino on You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap.
Nuu :(

But at least we got an Amrun out of it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 30, Pine wrote:
In post 24, OkaPoka wrote:But like titus explain to me the value of outting all the neighborhoods
She’s saying that the Doc is more valuable as an Innocent Child than as a Doctor. I’m not sure I agree, but there’s merit in the suggestion
You're really bending your branches to get to any merit in this. A secret doctor has both "Lynchproof in LyLo minus X" and the ability to protect people each night, an outed doc has "Lynchproof in LyLo minus X" and "1- shot lightning rod".
In post 103, OkaPoka wrote:have you ever played with scum me ?
I have and I'm kind of vibing with 102. I'm not as much of an expert on Titus though, I've blacked out the memory of our only scumteam due to emotional scarring.
In post 106, Elsa Jay wrote:The earth is Square.
That's geometry this is on purpose isn't it????
In post 127, Pine wrote:I'm going to tackle this in the morning. I have a deep gut feeling that there's either a setup break or at least a mandatory-once-we-see-it strategy in the setup.
There definitely is: Name Townies should claim before L-1 in open setups, because it confirms them town.
Same as every setup in the history of ever.
There's fancy bells and whistles but nothing ontop of that core strategy.
Phone operator+doc+2 neighbor partners of scum (after that scum has died) is a pretty high number of Named Townies for a setup which is "different" but there's nothing else "different". You can try to use the neighbor PT to improve your scumhunting... in the one game a year where we have special 4p hydras for that.... even though empirically that results in more scum pockets than improved read accuracy.
In post 133, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 131, popsofctown wrote:
In post 33, Elsa Jay wrote:Okay, let's look at it a different way I suppose.

12 of us have neighborhoods, so 6 in total. 3 scum, 1 in each neighborhood. 3/6.
I've been informed math is scummy VOTE: Elsa Jay
I said YOUR math was scummy. I am a faultess perfect character who can contradict themselves perfectly fine.
disney
In post 142, Krazy wrote:
In post 128, OkaPoka wrote:after some talking with teammates

setup isn't actually breakable unless we hit both scum very early with doc saves
There are three things that confuse me in this post, can you find them all?
In the world where this is a scumslip, it has to be the subset of worlds where oka poka still feels the nightkills are mysterious and inscrutable, and is allowing his teammates to yolo the nightkills
I've only played with scum Oka in nightless but I suspect this venn diagram is simply an oval.
But more seriously I feel like Oka is the greenest tonal slot in the game so far and isn't where I'd go to nitpick wordings. I think you're teasing here though
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I think Titus is probably town, Math otoh, the jury’s still out on. :P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Krazy too.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Krazy »

Isn't "both" more a fakey attempted townslip than a scumslip tho? Why is oka townie off tone?
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 pm

I just like neighborhoods for gambiting and reaction testing ngl. Having a place where you can document what you're really thinking while you say something else is very useful.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Krazy »

Nancy what's your new avi from?
vote conspiracy
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

the reason why i asked about pine playin is because literally i have no recollection of playing with anyone on his team or him so idk if its just a generic throwaway comment
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

wrt both

uh

i mean two
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 157, Something_Smart wrote:I just like neighborhoods for gambiting and reaction testing ngl. Having a place where you can document what you're really thinking while you say something else is very useful.
But have you tried just saying what you're really thinking in the main thread? :P
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:00 pm

I find I tend to get ignored when I do that.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 158, Krazy wrote:Nancy what's your new avi from?
Chloe from the show, the B in Apt. 23.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Krazy »

As opposed to when only one person can see what you write? :P

I know what you mean but if your hoodie is scum then there's literally no reliable record of your thoughts when you die. Which is maybe even worse than being ignored because then scum can decide what you said?
vote conspiracy
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

With a Future dead Elsa it'll go like this.

"Yeah Elsa died, she left me pictures of herself and of the animaniacs for some reason. Oh, and she said XXX was scum."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 157, Something_Smart wrote:I just like neighborhoods for gambiting and reaction testing ngl. Having a place where you can document what you're really thinking while you say something else is very useful.
If you actually do anything remotely approaching this for other teammates in other contexts you owe me some rerolls
It's a potential use but you seem the last person I'd expect to suggest it
In Crown I asked my neighbor to pretend she was scumreading so I could get my scumkill equity lower
I figured out she was scum and that ruined my fun :(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 161, Krazy wrote:
But have you tried just saying what you're really thinking in the main thread? :P
S_S is actually one of the more transparent players as town. People just aren't willing to accept that his townplay is so different.
liberally putting [v[ tags around his thoughts, though, well..
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:11 pm

I very much doubt that anyone could misrepresent me and get away with it :P

Besides, that's not really what I meant-- it's generally on a smaller scale. As in, I would predict that someone would react such-and-such a way as town or scum, note that prediction in the hood, and then if I later come out and say as much I can back up the veracity of it if need be. Plus my neighbor can weigh in on whether they agree or disagree, and I can read them off of that as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:13 pm

In post 167, popsofctown wrote:S_S is actually one of the more transparent players as town.
I generally try to be, yes.

But when I have a chance to be intentionally cryptic I'll usually take it :P
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Can we please stop outing hoods, even that you’re in one? If everyone but the doc outs they’re in a hood, scum will figure out who the doc is.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:14 pm

I haven't claimed to have or not have a neighbor. That post was purely hypothetical.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 171, Something_Smart wrote:I haven't claimed to have or not have a neighbor. That post was purely hypothetical.
Alright then.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oka tone
In post 22, OkaPoka wrote:Just claim when your neighbor dies

Only one death a phase
This haikuish post kind of reflected frustration with Titus' lolclaim alongside the correct theory solve
In post 37, OkaPoka wrote:Odds are you will be pocketed in your pt lol
If he's a scum this thought is a cackle
cackles have to be kept in the scum pt because sometimes they get the witch screetchy to them
rolling red with him I feel like Oka gets that
he had to feel confident to post this, it didn't come off cackly though
"Well, I..."
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

I mean it's more a burn and I'm pretty sure burns can come from either alignment
vote conspiracy

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”