Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

He claims inno on me, I don't see the point in pressing him further on it today. There isn't a reason to be
that
determined to lynch Luv here over someone else today
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 1249, Dunnstral wrote:He didn't claim JK.
He's not
not
claiming JK
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Creature, could we have a current Vote Count?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 1246, Elsa Jay wrote:Because that's just our luck this game, with the PRs being the worst people to get em.
Maybe that's a reason for scum to keep them around.
"It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world."
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 1252, Wake1 wrote:
Creature, could we have a current Vote Count?
Please. It doesn't have to be a big fancy one if that takes up too much time.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Creature »

Spoiler:

Letters of the Morning

If you thought journals would be extinct, you thought wrong.

In fact, I was just hired for one. Take photographs before the authorities come, write a sobbing story about the victim, 75 bucks per article, take or leave.

Although the online news have come close to surpass the journals, they weren't able to match the folding papers containing extraordinary stories of tragedies. Letters of the Morning has been an example of that.

"Fast, persistent and efficient", that's what my boss said, "we gotta bring the news before anyone else and bring it with good quality".

The driver left me close to the viaduct where the train goes by. They just said there was a dead woman's body and I was tasked to take as many photos as possible from every angle. The photos would be immediately sent to the journal department.

I began to take photos of the viaduct in general before approaching the scene. There I stood shocked as I saw the corpse of a young woman. I caught a glimpse of her blonde hair, red thick lips, small round nose and horrified blue eyes, all printed in her now pale face. She was wearing a yellow dress and high heels, as if she just returned from the party.

My mobile vibrated and I could see a new message from my boss:

Hello, Edward. Thanks to your photographs, we were able to find the identity of the victim. She is Mary Hillinger, secretary of the Porto Branco bank.

I decided to search for her name in my mobile. I found her social media and as I scrolled through it, I could tell she was last night partying at the annual Grand Festival wearing that same yellow dress. The mobile vibrated again and a new message appeared from my boss:

She was last night at the Grand Festival and she seems to have been under heavy alcohol influence. It's probable she tried to return home alone, decided to walk through the train rails and fell thirty feet.

This was quite what I suspected. As I checked her wounds, there was no doubt it was due the fall, but with a closer inspection, I could see small wounds around her wrists and neck.

I notified my boss about it and in a few seconds I received a message back:

We don't know what happened at the festival. She was found dead recently by a witness who used to work with us. It's probable the wounds originated from last night's party.

I shrugged the feeling off and walked all the way to the upper part of the viaduct to take photos from an upper angle. The place was very dangerous and I couldn't figure out why someone would ever take that way. Mary Hillinger seemed to be a pretty decent woman and I don't think she would have got that drunk, let alone walk alone through this place.

I followed the train rails to the other side and when I stepped off it, I found a few footprints on the soft ground. There were high heels marks, but there were also other foot marks. I instantly began to take a photo of them when I received a new message from my boss:

Please, stop what you're doing right now.

"Why?", I sent.

I know what you're trying to achieve, but that's not something you should put your nose on. It's probable she was just hanging with some men. Anyway, our only job is to inform, not to suspect. You have already done a good job and I have just sent the driver to take you back.

I was left in disbelief. Everything indicated she was murdered, but by who? Why was my boss so adamant about it?

The driver had arrived. On the way back to the journal's department, I searched for more LOTM news, which included drowned guy at the pool, man ran over by a car, middle-aged woman founded dead hanging in a rope. There was something fishy about all of them, mainly the way Letters of the Morning got there first.

I arrived to the department and immediately went to my boss' room.

"Oh, hello Edward. Good work! I hope you write as good as you take photos...", congratulated my boss.

"Cut it off!", I said, "if she was drunk she wouldn't look so horrified!".

"Edward, I already told you..."

"Who is the witness? Why did he or she called us first and not the police?"

"The witness doesn't want to be identified, but he or she is pretty close to us..."

"So are the witnesses who found the drowned guy? The man ran over by a car? The woman who supposedly hanged herself?"

"Edward, you're being..."

"Do you happen to have murdered them?"

"Of course I didn't!"

"But you admit it was a murder, right?"

There was suddenly a silence, which I took as a guilty admission.

"You're right. No one nowadays wants to buy journals over getting online news for free. We needed to find a way to make them interested in our journals again. We figured to stay in market we needed rapidity, persistence and efficience. In order to do that, we had to arrive first and bring shocking tragedies, which, of course, included murders".

I was left astonished at the confission although I already figured it was them. I immediately went towards the exit door, but the light on the side turned red and the door shut locked.

"Before you leave, you may want to know the true story about Mary Hillinger", I heard my boss talking smoothly, "before you there was a middle-aged photographer-editor. He was our employee for ten years and he knew what this journal has become. He still complied long enough, but one day he decided to rat us out. He tried to tell the police, but the police didn't find the proof enough. Obviously we didn't allow his articles to go through and he was turned down by multiple other journals. He then asked his daughter for help, who had knowledge about the internet. We soon found out they were plotting to send this to the online news. The corpse you saw there was Mary Hillinger, the daughter".

I was left astounded at how far it went.

"Edward, do you remember mentioning your little son during your interview?", the boss continued, "Wouldn't he make an interesting news to..."

"Stop it! Enough! I'm doing whatever you want! Just leave my son alone!"

"Don't take me bad, Edward. I'm a mere pawn of this game and I'm in the same situation you are. Reporting the LOTM will only get us screwed", said the boss, who seemed to be pretty honest, "now, please, finish your article because we have to send the journal this morning".

I organized the plentiful of photos my boss selected in two columns. Between them, I started typing:

I
n the morning of Saturday September 16th, an anonymous witness reported finding a dead body by the side of the train viaduct.
T
hrough the photo the witness has sent, the reporters were able to identify the victim as Mary Hillinger, the secretary of Porto Branco Bank.
S
he was last seen at the Green Festival.

M
ary, in her social media, posted multiple photos of the party.
U
nder heavy alcohol influence, she opted to return home alone and walking on her high heels.
R
outing the train rails, she found the viaduct in front of her.
D
ark and alone in the night, she was under heavy risk of being assaulted or worse.
E
very minute counted, she needed to get back home as soon as possible and she couldn't get around it, so she took the risk of walking the viaduct.
R
ight as she took a misstep, she fell over thirty feet.

L
ong ago, Mary was accepted as the secretary of Porto Branco Bank.
O
ver the years she became popular and more outgoing, over her social media she racked up to four thousand followers.
T
he future for her was promising and everything pointed she would have accomplished her dream of becoming an actress.
M
uch to her dismay, her beautiful life ended so abruptly.

"
I
t's weird, when she came she was just a shy girl and I could see with my bare eyes her opening to the world",
S
aid her coworker.

G
rand Festival is an event that happens every year during the third friday of September and it's known for selecting potential artists.
U
nder 15, Mary already played Macbeth, Twinkling Star and Journey of the Year in small theaters.
I
n one of them, the original author took notice of her.
L
ast year she was present in the selection, but didn't pass.
T
his year she was offered another chance, but she turned down for unknown reasons.

Y
ou will be missed, Mary Hillinger.

Edward von Fark, Photographer-Editor of Letters of the Morning (LOTM)
Saturday - September 16th, 2021

Votecount 2.2
PlayersL-6L-5L-4L-3L-2L-1Hammer
Dolly Parton
Zote the Mighty
Dunnstral
Elsa Jay
Nero Cain
Dolly Parton
Espressojet
Flavor Leaf
Frank
Rabid Schnauzer
MariaR
Frank
Gamma Emerald
Lil Uzi Vert
Gamma Emerald
Flavor Leaf
MariaR
Dunnstral
Lil Uzi Vert
Espressojet
Nero Cain
Rabid Schnauzer
rb
Wake88
Zote the Mighty
LucianRoy
Deadline: (expired on 2020-01-06 16:00:00)
Currently the top wagon is
MariaR
Last edited by Creature on Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigh
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:32 am

Post by Frank »

In post 1251, Espressojet wrote:
In post 1249, Dunnstral wrote:He didn't claim JK.
He's not
not
claiming JK
JK isn't an investigative role
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Frank »

Just lynch Flavor Leaf please. Even if not scum we get so much info on the flip this game gets so much clearer I think.

Rabid and FL are honestly the only 2 people we should be considering lynching here.
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

In post 1257, Frank wrote:Just lynch Flavor Leaf please.
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Dolly Parton »

VOTE: Flavor Leaf

Happy?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Why can't we all live in peace and harmony?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1095, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:Why are you defending her so hard? How did you come up with such a strong town read on her?
I don’t particularly townread her but *shrug*, however the main reason I’m doing this is because you’re pushing something that imo is a very weak point if even at all valid.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1107, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:More by gamma than by you actually. He's being a dick in this game for some reason.

p-edit: @ Dolly
Well idk if it’s cause you’re on an alt but I really feel like you’re not playing very well here rn
Like I feel like you should be capable of realizing that everyone says weird stuff as both alignments, maybe I just rated you too highly
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1139, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m an investigative type of role.

Not going to claim what it actually is so hammer away.
What the actual fuck is this

I don’t buy this for a second
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1156, Frank wrote:VOTE: flavor leaf

let's just quick lynch this and figure the rest out later
In post 1157, Frank wrote:assume for a moment LUV is telling the truth. for me that makes my dunnstral read wrong. FL pulled that weird gambit and his activity as a whole tapered off in a weird way that I expect from scum him. He also claimed to be able to read LUV pretty well and going off the assumption LUV is town, he's wrong. day 2 BoP on FL or lynch rabid today and BoP FL on D3. That's where I'm at.

red FL basically clears LUV and by extension Dunnstral. Then it's probably Jet and ???
In post 1158, Frank wrote:Oh and rabid red flip basically clears FL and then we have LUV as an option again. green rabid points to scum!gamma, and maybe to scum!FL

i just don't see a reason to not lynch in rabid/FL today
I don’t trust this
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1174, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 1171, MariaR wrote:nor do they check dunn of all people n1
That's exactly the type of person I'd check N1. Overtly scummy people can be lynched. Checks are better used on lurkers and nulls.
At least we think the same way here
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1184, MariaR wrote:VOTE: FL
This shows how much I remember. Carry on
Okay this feels like a cop out
FL not having actually claimed doesn’t change LUV’s actions, but you seem fine dropping your vote
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1226, Frank wrote:
In post 1211, Dolly Parton wrote:
(1) One man's bad town is another man's obvtown.

And besides don't you see how you totally re invent how the entire thing went down.

(2) First you say I put another JK in danger by saying things like that, then you say that I claimed JK myself. I get how my post could be read both ways but you are using both as an argument which doesn't jive with you original argument that I endangered any possible JK.

You say I'm bad at this game but only Town!you would know if I am wrong about your slot.

(3) It doesn't make me a bad player because I felt like LUV's claim should be more flushed out.
1. show of hands, who thinks Dolly is obvtown and found the JK thing to be pro-town?

2. softing jk or even outright claiming any role =/= me believing that you are that role. I never once alluded to or implied that you were actually the jailkeeper. I said you claimed it, or at least made a post so vague that you displayed an illusion of claiming it. In which case, yes, that could be harmful to the game if we had a real jk due to the way that they handle the situation. They wouldn't even have to outright CC you. Your response that somehow saying that was supposed to encourage a potential JK to come out and say "WOAH THATS CRAZY I ACTUALLY DID JAIL DUNNSTRAL LAST NIGHT" and that if such a thing happened it wouldn't be fleshed out naturally, is incredibly pompous and logically has zero merit.

3. Never once said that trying to sort LUV was a bad thing, in fact I have made it painfully obvious that it's the way you've gone about it that is total shit
Frank I think you’re reaching here
Like Dolly seems to have some thought process here, not the best but I get traces of it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Maria
I guess I can let go of LUV for now but if LUV is scum this has big partner equity and is a decent lynch on its own
<Embrace The Void>

Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Frank »

Gamma and FL are scumbuddies confirmed
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

lolk
<Embrace The Void>

Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Frank »

In post 1263, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1139, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m an investigative type of role.

Not going to claim what it actually is so hammer away.
What the actual fuck is this

I don’t buy this for a second
In post 1264, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1156, Frank wrote:VOTE: flavor leaf

let's just quick lynch this and figure the rest out later
In post 1157, Frank wrote:assume for a moment LUV is telling the truth. for me that makes my dunnstral read wrong. FL pulled that weird gambit and his activity as a whole tapered off in a weird way that I expect from scum him. He also claimed to be able to read LUV pretty well and going off the assumption LUV is town, he's wrong. day 2 BoP on FL or lynch rabid today and BoP FL on D3. That's where I'm at.

red FL basically clears LUV and by extension Dunnstral. Then it's probably Jet and ???
In post 1158, Frank wrote:Oh and rabid red flip basically clears FL and then we have LUV as an option again. green rabid points to scum!gamma, and maybe to scum!FL

i just don't see a reason to not lynch in rabid/FL today
I don’t trust this
In post 1268, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Maria
I guess I can let go of LUV for now but if LUV is scum this has big partner equity and is a decent lynch on its own
"I don't buy this"
"I don't trust this"
"let's lynch this instead"

ok
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Frank »

btw scum!gamma feels threatened right now, shading me on some weak shit, pushing the counter wagon to his scumbud. He knows dolly's whole JK thing is BS but he's tmi'ing on her alignment because she's badtown and a good mislynch to keep around for lylo.
In post 744, Flavor Leaf wrote:Yeah. I feel they have connections with LUV.

Gamma’s pulling a really strong scum move with his Cross Guard if he is scum, and that is definitely not Occam’s.

Cross Guarding: When a Scum attacks a townie who is attacking a townie who is targeting a partner of the scum in hopes to add pressure to that first townie and gain faith and rapport with the townie attacking the partner.
yeah this is scum FL. And the whole cross guard thing could definitely be an S/S play from him and gamma.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Espressojet »

I don't think frank is scum, I just think he's wrong

And I'm really vibing with those Gamma waves right now
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Zote the Mighty »

In post 1248, Flavor Leaf wrote:He claimed JK? I just fake claimed JK as scum in a game with him.

JK can easily be scum JK or RB
No one is claiming JK fool! Dolly just decided to give a hypothetical scenario for some reason.
Know this cur! I am Zote the Mighty, a knight of great renown! Cross me, and you will find out why they call my weapon Life Ender!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”