Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:36 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 468, Gammagooey wrote:Hey Deas
In post 251, DeasVail wrote:
In post 102, Gammagooey wrote:Hey Deas

What's the worst post in the game so far in your opinion? I don't need an explanation atm but I might bug you about it later when everyone's shown up and posted something meaningfulish
I didn't feel especially passionate about any single post up to this stage, however if I absolutely had to pick one it would be .
In post 280, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: Espresso Patronum
Espresso hasn't made any new posts between these - did you reread and change your mind or is Espresso's iso worse than the sum of its parts in your opinion?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm a bit tired from work + board games so I'm gonna just throw some people in kinda dumb categories for now and then probably play switch for a bit and sleep. Also I haven't read all of the flavor leaf+volpe stuff yet, these reads are from like 5pm EST today plus skimming the pages since then and a few quick isos.

some kind of town read

chennis
volpe
nomnomnom

I don't like any of their posts and they have almost none of them

Almost50
volxen

gut scum read atm but not confident in it

davesaz

More likely to be scum than most players that exist atm

Farkran (agree with chennis that his play seems overly cautious and in particular I dislike that Farkran felt the need to remind everyone of their other scumread on anka when changing votes to chennis - to me it feels like inexperienced scum trying to make sure they can't be 'caught' on anything. Also think that what other people said about his playstyle being a factor in why chennis scumread him is reasonable but I don't agree with it.)

I like their play on a personal level despite thinking it's very much in both their town and scum ranges

Ankamius
GuyInFreezer

Oh jesus I started this 15-20 min ago and volpe and flavor leaf are still going

peace for now
Eh... you need to read my games too. I've seen this movie too many times. What are your reasons to townread chennis, volpe and nom, and why is davesaz scum?

I mean, compared to chennis who made a independent push on me, this looks like sheeping the recent consensus.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 471, nomnomnom wrote: Me and Volpe are sharing a PT together, with a third person. In that thread he suggested the idea that he intentionally shook up his meta in order to beat "meta players" present in the event. So your whole defense about "how I should recognize your scumgame" is completely bullshit.

Secondly, in that thread, you actually do display emotional manipulation. To summarize the whole thing Volpe plays the "I don't want to play this game anymore" card in the thread after the discussion that ensued there, which I will not talk about. You did this very same thing in C9++, shall I note, although again I want to trust the words you said back then about that thing not being alignment indicative, but this is what you stated as defense.

It's probably not smart to use a defense that can be disproven by your own words. You talk a bit too much.
Oh. This is news. I don't agree with your reasoning in the main thread, but since you outed it you may as well out what happened in your neighborhood too.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 112, Ankamius wrote:
In post 107, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 105, Ankamius wrote:This game is getting spicy
Indeed. Can you list me some of your best past games?

Bonus points if there's a healthy sprinkling of town and scum games in your list.
Fire on the mountain
Cat art
Madness of port Arthur
One other I forget

I'll get links later
Fire on the Mountain (scum)
Cat Art (town)
Madness of Port Arthur (town)
Tatsuya Kaname's Anime Upick (town)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 579, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 427, GuyInFreezer wrote:nom you of all people should know why this wagon is dumb.
In post 471, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 466, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 460, nomnomnom wrote:Volpe I'm not sure what you were thinking but you probably didn't make the smartest set of moves here concerning the defense you chose.
I'm not being smart either, I'm town, I'm just really sure that FL should die here, right now.
Well since you're acting dumb I'll just make sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Me and Volpe are sharing a PT together, with a third person. In that thread he suggested the idea that he intentionally shook up his meta in order to beat "meta players" present in the event. So your whole defense about "how I should recognize your scumgame" is completely bullshit.

Secondly, in that thread, you actually do display emotional manipulation. To summarize the whole thing Volpe plays the "I don't want to play this game anymore" card in the thread after the discussion that ensued there, which I will not talk about. You did this very same thing in C9++, shall I note, although again I want to trust the words you said back then about that thing not being alignment indicative, but this is what you stated as defense.

It's probably not smart to use a defense that can be disproven by your own words. You talk a bit too much.
"HI GIF IS TOTALLY NOT THE MYSTERIOUS THIRD PERSON IN THE HOOD"
I don't understand this
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

ngl

just seeing the level of garbage that was posted in that timeframe and even before that just makes me think people are getting their panties in a bunch for no real reason
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:58 am

Post by DeasVail »

That's what mafia is all about though
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:00 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 501, davesaz wrote: I have a very strong mistrust of that Elements town read, which seems completely unwarranted especially given the ratio of Elements posting of real content to a dozen others. That may or may not result in an independent scumread there regardless of what your thing yields.
That townread of elements did look very high to me too, but i overlooked it because i townread volpe quite high and i kinda liked elements posts too. I imagined they could be neighbors or something, but now i don't think elements is the third member of volpe+nom though, so... uhm.

Is volpe a player adept at pocketing people? I wouldn't describe him like that, he fits more with a tunneler, soft paranoid profile. @Volpe is there a meta reason why you're townreading elements?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:04 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 520, Volpe14 wrote: It does look generic and nonsensical, but that's exactly why I think it's kinda positive. Elements is the kind of scum player that would try to look like he's doing stuff, solving the game, etc. However since he's lynched quite a lot, I thought about the possibility of him being scum and not wanting to spill the beans. However, that vote on me really doesn't make sense in that case in my opinion.

In that moment, not even you had expressed any kind of doubt on me and I had the most town leans/positive feedback in-thread I think, therefore he's like, drawing attention to himself in a push he can hardly justify (and it was a naked vote, rather than him trying to give any sort of reason for it).
Makes sense for a townlean, not for a strong townread, but i get that your list is early made. I did like that about elements too.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 531, chennisden wrote:Btw I think Gammagooey is a pretty towny slot
"guy agrees with me"

"i townread guy"

Yeah. Chennis is town, confident in that. I suggest to be less superficial and emotional about your reads, though.

Before you call me out for posting superficial readlists as well, you should notice the difference in pushing hard reads (what you have been doing) as opposed to taking notes and outing my thoughts in the thread (what i have been doing in my lists). It's a significant playstyle difference, obviously i think my way is better and probably you think yours is, but if we are to meet eye to eye we gotta understand how our minds work.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:15 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 566, GuyInFreezer wrote: This post is fucking bullshit.
I'm that third person in that hood by the way.

VOTE: omnomnom
Uh.

What the f happened in your neighborhood?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 780, DeasVail wrote:That's what mafia is all about though
you.

I like you.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 666, Ankamius wrote:and I'm not convinced people haven't been scumreading farkran because of playstyle
Do you mean A. more people should have scumread me for playstyle, or B. you believe scum are refraining from scumreading me and justifying their TMI with my playstyle?

These are not mutually exclusive options, but option B implies everyone who's not scumreading me has higher scum equity whereas A does not.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:35 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 709, Almost50 wrote:@Farkran: Do I know you by any other name?
I am a main and i have no alts
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:37 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 712, Almost50 wrote:
In post 91, Farkran wrote:@a50 what do you think of anka rn?
Why Ank in particular? And why ask
ME
about her (and in page 4???)
Eh, i explained it later. Didn't like your introduction, then anka did scummy stuff, so i asked my other SR what they would think. Yours was the weakest read, mostly useful to advance gamestate rather than pushing a lynch. I wanted to pull some content out of you. And i still want, so if you are so kind to post a detailed opinion on the current gamestate i'll be happy
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 786, Farkran wrote:
In post 666, Ankamius wrote:and I'm not convinced people haven't been scumreading farkran because of playstyle
Do you mean A. more people should have scumread me for playstyle, or B. you believe scum are refraining from scumreading me and justifying their TMI with my playstyle?

These are not mutually exclusive options, but option B implies everyone who's not scumreading me has higher scum equity whereas A does not.
it means I think the scumreads on you are playstyle differences rather than anything substantive
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Farkran »

I'm fully caught up.

So here's where i am at:

- I townread
davesaz
for trying to sort FL vs volpe in an obvtown fashion

- I still townread
GIF
for... basically all his posts. The only scum motivation i could see in there would be RC coaching him to pocket me and i wouldn't believe that in a million years

- I still townread
volpe
, there's nothing scummy coming from him - at all

- I townlean
chennis
for being emotionally superficial but internally consistent (he doesn't know me -> it makes sense to read my playstyle like he did), this very often comes from town. I noticed that you are in team with pops. Ask pops about me, right after you read at least one of my other games.

- Liked
elements
for reasons i have already stated in recent posts.

- I am not convinced that his push comes from scum, so i'd say i am still townleaning
nomnom
, name in yellow because it is no longer a strong read. That push on volpe is bad in a vacuum, but i don't see how scum!nom pulls that unless FL is scum, so... i am waiting for a flip before i bite here

- I am slightly concerned about
Maria
for disappearing after that espresso read. Need more content from there, it looks like a veteran slot, reminds me of Micc. Internal consistency and good logic are more NAI here than elsewhere. Inclined to townlean her though.

- I am neutral on
vex vience
. Tone is town, but i am concerned that he is only talking about fashion of the moment people, and only after someone else talked about them. More independent reads would be appreciated.

- Scumleaning
Gammagooey
for his readlist and timing. Need more content though.

- Still scumleaning
Anka
. Her reads are... mixedly weird, like, why is she hard townreading me now? Also waving at her wagon and dishing out that potential scum!espresso read might be a scumtell. To be more clear, her reads look like made up on purpose. I feel like she is pushing reads "statistically" rather than deducing or scumhunting. It's an easier way to produce reads as scum.

- I am now scumreading
Flavor Leaf
. His ISO and progression are bad. He wants credit for things he did not start (fossing chennis), then he retracts that and asspulls a scumread on volpe for voting him. It's similar to nom's push, but it seems driven rather than independently thought up like nom did, also timing is bad - could understand it as a reaction test but going on a 1v1 for 3 pages is not a RT. He entered a death tunnel on volpe for no reason at all, then once he realized he was on the losing side he backed out. FL/nom might be a team but FL is always the first flip here. FL/Anka might be a team too. Also i don't like the push on davesaz.

Other people are now too weak reads compared to these ones. In conclusion, i think there is at least 1 scum in {Nom, Anka, Flavor}. I find it hard to believe scum is doing nothing in this gamestate, so at least one powerwolf-y element is plausible.

VOTE: Flavor Leaf for now.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

do you want me to go into why I'm townreading you?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 791, Ankamius wrote:do you want me to go into why I'm townreading you?
Yes
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 763, Flavor Leaf wrote:Spoiler, Farkran, Nom ended up voting me, and now it’s more of a Volpe vs Ankamius thing with GIF behind Volpe, and Nom and I behind Ank, but I’m thinking Nom could be scum.
No actually I just want to lynch all of you because I feel there is no way there isn't scum in these icky interactions, that's different.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
In post 82, Farkran wrote:Hi everyone, i'm the king of readlists

I don't think gif is powerscumming already so he may be town for now

Early A50 posts are scum standard, don't like them at all

Don't like chennisden introduction

Don't like maria introduction but less so than chen's

Like volxen

I think i like anka reactions

Kuribo is gut town

My neighborhood looks town so far

Everyone else null

VOTE: a50
In post 83, Ankamius wrote:am I being pocketed

I got my eye on you
In post 84, Farkran wrote:
In post 83, Ankamius wrote:am I being pocketed

I got my eye on you
Why am i pocketing you specifically? I mean as opposed to pocketing my every townread
In post 85, Ankamius wrote:Why does that have to be the case?
In post 86, Farkran wrote:
In post 85, Ankamius wrote:Why does that have to be the case?
That's my question to you. You went out of your way to say i am pocketing you, but made no mention of my other townreads.

I think town would have either said nothing or ask me why i am townreading them and the other guys rather than instantly fossing me for pocketing.

Why? Do you agree with my other reads so much that you don't need to question them?
In post 87, Ankamius wrote:Hold, you aren't an alt are you?

I thought you were but now I'm not as sure
In post 88, Farkran wrote:This is my main
In post 89, Ankamius wrote:Ok

Honestly I'm mostly fucking around atm, I don't actually believe that
In post 91, Farkran wrote:
In post 89, Ankamius wrote:Ok

Honestly I'm mostly fucking around atm, I don't actually believe that
VOTE: ankamius

Reconsidering my previous read after this very weak exchange

@a50 what do you think of anka rn?

83: Me trolling
85: Me realizing that you're taking my troll post seriously, so I turn it into a reaction test; mainly getting into your head to see what angle you're approaching this from
87: Me noticing that your response was more general than I would have expected from somebody familiar with me, so I'm making sure that it isn't the case because this is much more scum-indicative if you are familiar with me and nullish if it isn't
89: Me furthering the reaction test, seeing how consistent you would be in following through and what level of conviction you would show in it

ultimately my conclusion was that it was genuine and you were specifically trying to sort me in that exchange, so my read came up town.

notably nomnomnom's followup rang town to me too albeit for different reasons
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

I thought there would be more really spicy responses from that but nobody really had anything notable from that

I first thought that it was slightly scum-indicative for GIF to ignore it but later I decided it wasn't
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 790, Farkran wrote:once he [FLAVOR LEAF] realized he was on the losing side he backed out.
speaking of which, where exactly in the thread is this?
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 781, Farkran wrote:Is volpe a player adept at pocketing people? I wouldn't describe him like that, he fits more with a tunneler, soft paranoid profile.
@Volpe is there a meta reason why you're townreading elements?
There's not

I'm just really grasping at straws in hindsight but I'm not sure what do in this playerlist otherwise

By number alone you can say there's a bunch of townies that aren't posting much and those town reads is the best I could muster up.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 796, Ankamius wrote:
In post 790, Farkran wrote:once he [FLAVOR LEAF] realized he was on the losing side he backed out.
speaking of which, where exactly in the thread is this?
Post and following. I don't believe that is a pure reconsideration without turning to someone else. I read Flavor Leaf as someone who takes hard stances and does not back off a stance without assuming a different one - voting nom, or me, would have been consistent with his progression thus far but he didn't. He just backed off and turned to AtE. I'm waiting for him to come up with more content when he has slept on it or something, but atm i think he's my highest scumread.

On a side note, your analysis of my posts makes sense, but stuff happened around you is still concerning and i'd like to hear a full readlist from you.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Volpe14 »

I'm either hard pocketed by Fark/GiF by this moment or I've just found some mason partners for this game.

We're all in synch too which is nice.

It's a cool pocket if it's one, I'm sliding deep on it.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”