Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 522, bob3141 wrote:From its chronology I can only assuem you were responding to nan posts. Where she questiosn hectic vote.
That post was in response to , sorry if that wasn't clear.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:50 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 466, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 464, OkaPoka wrote:ss ur not even voting anyone just give me your vote
With the stated purpose of pushing through a lynch already? No thanks.

But i see you have not even made a rvs vote

If you had to pick some to vote as they are teh player you think is most likely scum. Who woudl it be? It does need to be a strong vote but a vote atleast

As i find it is scum most of all who prefer to not vote nor more it

A vote leaves a solid marker in the game that players vote was there. Even rvs vote.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:58 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 525, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 522, bob3141 wrote:From its chronology I can only assuem you were responding to nan posts. Where she questiosn hectic vote.
That post was in response to , sorry if that wasn't clear.

But what was its purpose.

As it feels odd that you first instinct was to push "oh that could be scum him"

Its not like there was even attempt by you to try to discern if it was town me or scum me. But you just dismiss it.

Since you raised it. You must have seen something in my posts that lead you to vehemently disagree with nancy early light town read. Enough to make a post about it. Otherwise I would thought you would of simply ignor it. And privatly conclude you cant get a read of it, yourself.

But instead you make a hollow posts. Its not that you even say that post could be NIA. But you specifically oh it could be scum. And with no verdict but teh sentance itself being baised. You must ahve thought you saw somethign enough to make you choose to make that post.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:03 am

In post 526, bob3141 wrote:If you had to pick some to vote as they are teh player you think is most likely scum. Who woudl it be?
I don't think this question is helpful, because I don't have anyone I think is significantly more likely to be scum than random.

If I were to pick a scumread or a vote based off of very little things, that will have the effect of amplifying the read, probably causing people to believe it's stronger than it is and ask me to explain it and then be confused when my reasons aren't strong, and it may cause me to confbias on it.

Whereas, there's no benefit from doing so. I can be read just fine (in fact, probably better) without it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:04 am

In post 527, bob3141 wrote:But what was its purpose.
To share my opinion that I thought you could make that post as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:04 am

In post 527, bob3141 wrote:Its not like there was even attempt by you to try to discern if it was town me or scum me. But you just dismiss it.
Of course not, my point was that it can't be discerned from that post, because you'd be able to make it as either alignment.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:05 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 188, DrDolittle wrote:although there's smarter people than me in the lobby so i want to defer the thinking to them

So does this imply then that you simply intend to sheep player reads in this game if there in a select lists.

Also what makes you agree with the others that elsa is scum or are you reconsidering that vote. As athough that vote was made in rvs stage. That wagon is building

Do you now consider you vote on elsa to now be serous
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:10 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 528, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 526, bob3141 wrote:If you had to pick some to vote as they are teh player you think is most likely scum. Who woudl it be?
I don't think this question is helpful, because I don't have anyone I think is significantly more likely to be scum than random.

If I were to pick a scumread or a vote based off of very little things, that will have the effect of amplifying the read, probably causing people to believe it's stronger than it is and ask me to explain it and then be confused when my reasons aren't strong, and it may cause me to confbias on it.

Whereas, there's no benefit from doing so. I can be read just fine (in fact, probably better) without it.

So what your saying is that you can read fine without votes. But dont want yourself be read in turn. As i see you say that there is no benifit. As you say you dont want to have to defend any said read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:11 am

No, I'm saying I don't think I can be read better if I vote early on.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I read NaCl and S_S arguing and thought "S_S is totally right here", then I reread Eddie Cane's iso and got the weird gut ping I can't fully pin on "bro can you not do an annoying gimmick" again.

@bob S_S never votes ever, that's just S_S. As town in a game I modded he cast no votes at all until the 2 LyLos where the game couldn't progress without his vote. There are separate reasons he seems scummy this game
Pedit: pedit: yeah I like less and less how he's engaging with being pressured, VOTE: Something_Smart
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:13 am

I'm being pressured? That's news to me.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

I couldn't pick the verb
Pretend I posted whatever verb is correct idk
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:17 am

Questioned, I guess.

What don't you like about it?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:19 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 530, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 527, bob3141 wrote:Its not like there was even attempt by you to try to discern if it was town me or scum me. But you just dismiss it.
Of course not, my point was that it can't be discerned from that post, because you'd be able to make it as either alignment.

So are you saying you could of made that posts as scum then.

As you dont say that post could be made by a player regardless of alignment. But specifically that scum bob could make that post.

A posts that realy hadnt been taken notice by many players apart from nancy but you make a specific post to a a specific player. In tending to push that player can make a post that she perceives as towny as scum. But not once saying why you migth think a scum me could make that post. Or even why I would still make that post if i wasnt scum.

You must of seen something wrongly if you are infact town to have decided to have commented on it in such a way.

I don't see a townie mindset there. As it stands.

Other have said things along the lines of oh its noethign new ect. But not in reply to someones read on it nor raised that line you did that it could be scum. At most they said in effect its NIA or its not original to be town indicative. Or like most simply ignored it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

529 is obtuse and righteous. I think this particular game I discussed how I scumread righteousness?
Separately ou're answering Bob in ways that will look best to the rest of the thread rather than the ways that will persuade him and that seems survivalistic to me
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:21 am

In post 538, bob3141 wrote:I don't see a townie mindset there. As it stands.
You don't see a townie mindset in trying to prevent people from having spurious reads?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:25 am

In post 539, popsofctown wrote:529 is obtuse and righteous. I think this particular game I discussed how I scumread righteousness?
I don't think you did, and I also don't even know what you mean by "righteous" because that just means "morally good." If you mean "self-righteous" (aka "self-assured") I also don't understand how you got that from my post or why you think it's scummy.

The post is somewhat obtuse yes, but the question it's answering is also obtuse. He's assuming there was some ulterior motive to it besides from sharing my opinion, which there was not.
Separately ou're answering Bob in ways that will look best to the rest of the thread rather than the ways that will persuade him and that seems survivalistic to me
I'm answering him in ways that are true. I don't know why you'd think that town-me would do anything differently.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Titus »

Pops might be scum.

@Nancy I accept your angry apology but what game is HP? I can't respond without knowing the acronyms.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:34 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 540, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 538, bob3141 wrote:I don't see a townie mindset there. As it stands.
You don't see a townie mindset in trying to prevent people from having spurious reads?

Let me ask you do you think i am scum or town in those posts.

You must have seen something you thought was scum indictive. Or townie would of made such a posts.

A townie would then say instead. hey look here and here this could mean he is infact scum.

In fact you have not once said how that could me being scum. If you were genuine i woudl have thought you would have atleast tried. Instead you just dismiss it even though you cant see anything scum indicative

Instead you push a narrative that anything that could be perceived as townie could simply be scum. Without you even seeing anything. So you first response was simpy to shade.

As you even know make no attempt to explain how that could of come from scum or how it would benifit scum.

If it had come from townie mindset you would simply directly have Commented on the posts. and maybe even concluded its NIA but you would not of said that post could have been made by scum
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:36 am

Post by bob3141 »

in direct response to someones day one read. On a posts of not much significance.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean caring about being right and being recognized as being right and in the right. It's not actually important but scum care about it more than town. There's no sorting to do but there's plenty of people making right and wrong statements.
I think it's surprising past what should be plausible that you don't see why Bob has this scumread and I generally think of you as a player who can empathize with the reasons behind inaccurate scumreads so this is indeed very different from what I expect from town-you which is a recurring pattern this game
"Well, I..."
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Titus »

Bob, what do you think of Pops?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:40 am

In post 543, bob3141 wrote:Let me ask you do you think i am scum or town in those posts.

You must have seen something you thought was scum indictive. Or townie would of made such a posts.

A townie would then say instead. hey look here and here this could mean he is infact scum.

In fact you have not once said how that could me being scum. If you were genuine i woudl have thought you would have atleast tried. Instead you just dismiss it even though you cant see anything scum indicative
I don't think you're town or scum from that post. I think those posts are NAI. I said this already.

Not every post can be read into. Just because I read that post with the intent to find clues to your alignment doesn't mean that I did find any, because I don't think there were any, and I was focused on engaging Nancy who clearly disagreed with me on that front.

You have a very narrow-minded conception of how townies play.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:40 am

In post 545, popsofctown wrote:I mean caring about being right and being recognized as being right and in the right.
I mean...

I care about being right about the interpretation of my own posts. It's my responsibility to make sure I'm understood correctly, and to explain myself better if I am not.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm caught up. I have 3 town reads, 2 scum reads, and a bunch of nulls.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”