Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m trying to take a step back from this game, kind of like a reset, so apologies for my trolly comments. I’m trying to stay at least somewhat present
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Now I see he's being as clearly obtuse about everything as possible and I'm wondering if he thinks he is on something deep in that "mathematical" solve or if he's just scum...pushing some really weak sauce like "this 3 person hood needs to have scum because of math".

It's one thing to think nomnom is scum but another thing to think that because of math, there needs to be scum in our hood.

Even if you make a somewhat reasonable assumption that there's no 3-scum hood to get some math solving in case of red flips in hoods/association elimination, I'm not sure you would need to be as obtuse as you're being Dave.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Honestly the unique way I can try to reset on Ank/FL is by flipping nom because it really irks me what the slot has done so I'm mostly commenting about other slots.

If nomnom was to flip town and I came around looking elsewhere of Ank/FL, I think I would probably look at kuribo/Dave.

But I don't feel there is a lot of usefulness on this before nomnom flip.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

I just don't know if it helps scum more than town to go into this. Scum already know the actual distribution. It might help town to know the theoretical limits of the distribution but explaining it might give scum a roadmap on how to fake their way around it. I tend to err on the side of caution in these circumstances. If we know a hood, and there is scum in that hood, it's mathematically superior to lynch that scum than it is to lynch an unknown from an unknown hood. Notice the conditionals there. This principle applies only if we know the hood members, and only if one of them is scum. Any town lynch from any hood containing scum harms us badly. Mislynches are extremely bad unless scum started out insanely weak.

I would need to look back to see if I screwed up what I wrote when I said I'd like to lynch scum from that hood, or if the conditionals didn't stick. ;)

Pedit: Oh, a shot at bragging rights. Fine, I'm not being obtuse, I really am a computer scientist / mathematician with more than 50 patents (rough equivalent to about 3 dissertations worth of stuff though I haven't bothered to get the pretty heavy degree).
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I will say, if Dave is scum here, he’s really stepped his game up recently, and should be on the come up for 2020. He already has a scum game under his belt won where he endgamed.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Speak your truth, Dave, don’t see it as bragging, it’s a part of you. It is you.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

I'm really not sure how mathematics can help this beyond associative hunting to be fair so I'm here wondering about the meaning of life

But I do think that dave would believe at what he is saying if he's town/was town.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1005, Farkran wrote:Glad we got some content of maria which looks of value so far.

Maria/A50/gammagoey/anyone else, can you talk more about daves? I notice that he is building up wagon potential, but i fail to see why. Can you read first paragraph of and tell me why i am wrong? So far it looks like all your daves reads are gutbased, but when more than 4 people are gut-scumreading someone that i don't, i get the feeling i am either missing something or dealing with scum.
First and foremost: WHAT'S WITH POST 606 GETTING AUTOMATICALLY QUOTED IN MY POSTS? I've had to remove the quote for the 4th/5th time now!

As for 834, the post you are referencing (by dave) is totally NAI. It could easily have come from Scum!him trying to sling mud at Town!FL all the same. Like, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. He is NOT making stances, but is rather using pointers and testing the waters to see where he should be pushing.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

To be fair I don't know dave so if someone would check-in and reply if a scum!dave would come up with theories in the shadows for later game shenanigans rather than trying to look pretty in the thread at present like most scum would do, I think it would be helpful

I...somewhat like the fact he has all those math theories on his head apparently.

Maybe it's really just nomnom hmmm.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Like, I'm not positive or even close, but usually when dave is town I feel it early enough and I defend him it sometimes looks suspicious.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

He probably has a different vibe than when I played scum against him. Town him there was I think more eager on stuff but it was also late game so...I guess comparing it isn't entirely fair.

But with his maths shenanigans now I feel good about going for nomnom rather than sidetracking here

Gamma posting is ok for now too
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Actually something about some Gamma posts makes me go hmmm but I'm not sure it's AI and I'm gonna wait him post more
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by davesaz »

My scum failures happen because I don't believe what I'm posting.
The mislynches are usually because people don't think I could actually believe what I'm posting -- when I actually do.
Catch-22 unfortunately. And going along because people want me to go along, that's just not gonna happen. This isn't a persona, it's myself.

Pedit: A50, back all the way out and refresh your browser probably. Or maybe open a new tab and close the old one. You had q+'s the post at some point in the past and not turned it off, and the browser is remembering that at whatever point in the stack you're going back to.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

Gammagoey is messing with my mind because Gamma Emerald is on my team, so I'm like no you can't be in this thread -- oh, umm...
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Dave are you up for some nomnomnomonom chewing?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1134, Almost50 wrote:As for 834, the post you are referencing (by dave) is totally NAI. It could easily have come from Scum!him trying to sling mud at Town!FL all the same. Like, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. He is NOT making stances, but is rather using pointers and testing the waters to see where he should be pushing.
Null pointer reference? I don't find an 834 in my iso.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by davesaz »

A50 see the first section of .
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

The whole nature of dave posting still seem out of place though

I'm not sure what he would be trying to accomplish in thread with those posts as town.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1141, Volpe14 wrote:Dave are you up for some nomnomnomonom chewing?
That's where instinct tells me to go. I had a vote queued up but decided to get into the conversation on the difference between
"there is scum in this group we should lynch it" and
"
if
there is scum in this group we should lynch it [
first
]".

When I first proposed making this the priority I hadn't reviewed things to find out if the instinct that leads toward nomnom is right, or if gif needs a deeper look. Obviously I still haven't done that because I've been doing other things.
So put me down for a probably unless something leads me in another direction.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by davesaz »

Which "those posts" are you referring to?
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Your whole ISO actually

in the beginning you were slightly better but as time went on I didn't see you really trying to solve the game as much as I saw you commenting on more minor things
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

Even right now instead of questioning meaningful things and following up on the answer from people you suspect or think are wrong (what I would expect from a player with your style), you're...not really doing that and just retroactively replying back to people.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

I wasted lots of my friday/saturday on this game. I hope I can take my head off this game sunday/next weeks

I think I'll just go away, I've made my slot more than readable and I don't really feel a sense of obligation to this game more than this so...

:shrug:

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”