Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 606, GuyInFreezer wrote:I don't think you get what I say.
Implications aside, I confirmed my existence in the hood because it had to be confirmed to show that what you just did was something only scum would do.
In post 1098, Volpe14 wrote:A50 what's your history with reading Flavor.

How many times you've correctly or incorrectly read scum him? (I don't really care that much about how you read town flavor)
That's the problem. I usually end up SRing FL (or at least paranoid about him) regardless of his alignment. So, when I say I'm not ponged by him here it really is an exception to mist -if not all- our previous encounters (except for that one time we actually rolled Masons. I didn't SR him there!) :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

:facepalm:

@GIF: Lay off with that 606 of yours!

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1151, Almost50 wrote::facepalm:

@GIF: Lay off with that 606 of yours!
try logging out and resetting your cookies? And if you have the game bookmarked make sure it's to like the generic game thread and not a specific post, you might have the Quote #606 action embedded into it or something like that
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1114, Gammagooey wrote:um. no shit sherlock? he's got 3 posts that say nothing game-related. of course nobody has a read on him yet. if it was a real life week into the game then yeah that'd be shitty but we're two days in and two people spamposted for 13 pages in a day. also technically Deas mentioned him but it's probably after where you had read up to at the time.
Do you know DEB? No? Then SHUT UP, and let me do my play.

Note: If DEB flips red gooey is 95% his partner. I'm shitting you NOT. Eventually, gooey's even going to BUS the shit out of DEB if they're scum together, so DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Actually,

VOTE: DEB

Let's see what Mr shitpants has to say about it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1114, Gammagooey wrote:but also you mentioned you were townreading FL - do you also townread volpe? Or are you just trying to get him to think in a similar headspace you're in regarding FL-town? (or did you ask this for another reason I'm not thinking of)
"Talk to the hand" is all I'm going to say here. You read my ISO and you make whatever conclusions you want to make out of it. Just don't talk to me directly for the rest of the game.

FTR: I hate old-fart semi-retired players coming out from their tombs and trying to impose their outdated measures from whatever prehistorical era they've lived in on our modern game. It's smug and arrogant to say the very least, and I don't want to get banned over it, so park your vote on me but don't talk to me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1117, davesaz wrote:
In post 1111, chennisden wrote:Why do you believe there's scum in that hood
This goes with the "mathematics" in my last post.
I'm intentionally limiting the knowledge of the math I'm using to those who already know it, which may or may not include scum but certainly is a subset of the player list as long as nobody goes flapping their gums about it.
Sp. you're playing a cautious game not to let scum take advantage? I could buy that!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1130, davesaz wrote:I just don't know if it helps scum more than town to go into this. Scum already know the actual distribution. It might help town to know the theoretical limits of the distribution but explaining it might give scum a roadmap on how to fake their way around it. I tend to err on the side of caution in these circumstances. If we know a hood, and there is scum in that hood, it's mathematically superior to lynch that scum than it is to lynch an unknown from an unknown hood. Notice the conditionals there. This principle applies only if we know the hood members, and only if one of them is scum. Any town lynch from any hood containing scum harms us badly. Mislynches are extremely bad unless scum started out insanely weak.

I would need to look back to see if I screwed up what I wrote when I said I'd like to lynch scum from that hood, or if the conditionals didn't stick. ;)

Pedit: Oh, a shot at bragging rights. Fine, I'm not being obtuse, I really am a computer scientist / mathematician with more than 50 patents (rough equivalent to about 3 dissertations worth of stuff though I haven't bothered to get the pretty heavy degree).
Again, you could've tried to explain that earlier so that guys like myself -who falsely pretend to know you well enough- would not be taken aback with the sudden change of posting style.

OK, dave might be town after all.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

A counter argument though: Scum already knowing the distribution (and abilities of their own hoods) are going to either wipe out the other hoods or gain control of the important abilities of hoods they're in. You're not exactly denying them much with your approach, and it could result in the loss of 3 townies (id they all are) while Scum still take advantage of their knowledge elsewhere.

But, that's just me brainfarting towards my sleeping time, so don't mind me.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1144, Volpe14 wrote:I'm not sure what he would be trying to accomplish in thread with those posts as town.
Have a discussion with people to find out if they really believe the things they are posting, if there is a misunderstanding, and if they are swayed by clearing up misunderstandings. The result of that discussion
should
be better reads on both sides of the discussion.

If your question is more along the lines of why these posts and not others, it's largely because I'm interrupt driven in the sense that the first thing I look for is things that require my attention.

Pedit: the post you quote is driven by the sudden interest in why I wanted to find scum (if any) in the outed hood.
I don't
think
I'm doing anything different this game from any other -- see something, ask about it, evaluate the answer. Or comment on it and evaluate the reactions. I'm commenting more frequently during catchups, is that it?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by davesaz »

There are at least 1 and as many as 3 hoods that scum don't know the makeup. A lynch in one of those hoods increases scum's already large information advantage.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1153, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1114, Gammagooey wrote:um. no shit sherlock? he's got 3 posts that say nothing game-related. of course nobody has a read on him yet. if it was a real life week into the game then yeah that'd be shitty but we're two days in and two people spamposted for 13 pages in a day. also technically Deas mentioned him but it's probably after where you had read up to at the time.
Do you know DEB? No? Then SHUT UP, and let me do my play.

Note: If DEB flips red gooey is 95% his partner. I'm shitting you NOT. Eventually, gooey's even going to BUS the shit out of DEB if they're scum together, so DO NOT FALL FOR IT.
In post 1155, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1114, Gammagooey wrote:but also you mentioned you were townreading FL - do you also townread volpe? Or are you just trying to get him to think in a similar headspace you're in regarding FL-town? (or did you ask this for another reason I'm not thinking of)
"Talk to the hand" is all I'm going to say here. You read my ISO and you make whatever conclusions you want to make out of it. Just don't talk to me directly for the rest of the game.

FTR: I hate old-fart semi-retired players coming out from their tombs and trying to impose their outdated measures from whatever prehistorical era they've lived in on our modern game. It's smug and arrogant to say the very least, and I don't want to get banned over it, so park your vote on me but don't talk to me.
...are you okay? Like you can do whatever you want in regards to DEB, I just don't see why he's worth mentioning specifically compared the other low-post/low-content players (volxen and elements come to mind)

I also have no idea what outdated measures I'm using here that you're talking about but I'm sorry if saying 'no shit' to you was a little mean, I'd like to think we can just talk to each other like human beings here.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@gooey: I'm sorry I blasted, but I did indeed take that "no shit. Sherlock" as an insult. It felt as if you were mocking me for bringing up DEB's non-existence (and I know he can be more than chatty if he wanted to).

As for Velxen, Elements (and others) they
have been
mentioned in some readlists. I may not agree with the reads themselves, but the fact someone got a read on the slot is good enough at this point. DEB on the other hand is the only slot nobody's talking to/about at all.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Also, tyhanks to gooey/dave. The 606 quote seems to have vanished.. for now

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@gooey: Since you're at it. could you please explain -in more details- wjat it is exactly that you don't like about my posts? I am puzzled, because the first mention of it came at a time I wasn't even posting for real yet, and it was carried out to when I started posting and providing reads.

I currently have Volpe, chenn & FL as strong TRs, but I also have TRs on Ank, Deasvail, GIF, and -most recently added- davesaz.

Everyone else I am not yet sure of, some due to lack of enough content to judge by, some die to paranoia (prime example: Maria), and some due to not knowing them to begin with (You know, sometimes what is a scumtell for one person is actually a towntell for another).

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by davesaz »

I did an ISO on nomnom, and evidently some stuff flew by that I missed the first time around.
I'm thinking townlean there now. The dismay seems genuine.
That means I need to re-read GiF and Volpe.
It's still an "if" there is scum in that hood situation.

Pedit: I believe I said that I had noticed DEB's absence. I haven't given a readslist...
Elements is one of the reasons I was suspicious of Volpe, I think (while at the same time not trusting FL's push).
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by davesaz »

A50 town lean by attitude and posting style. Yes, that's strictly gut meta.
Kinda sad this is a game that it's literally impossible to fake 4 different PRs. :giggle:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by davesaz »

Wow, 3 player names start with a v. No wonder I'm only remembering 2 of them.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

volxen and Elements deserve the same motivational tactics that DEB gets.
Vex Vience (sp?) seems townish in approach.
Yeah, I'm taking a quick peek at some easy targets, kinda as a way to take a breather before tackling actually reading GiF.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1165, davesaz wrote:Pedit: I believe I said that I had noticed DEB's absence. I haven't given a readslist...
Yup. That's what I'm saying. Not a single
read
on the slot. Someone said Volxen was Town, and I didn't know why, but that's a start. Nobody said DEB was anything. Hence the poke.

Also worth noting (after I finally decided to check) that nobody on Volxen's team is a Scum genius. Nancy, Auro & Aris are all better Town players (well, Aris is better 3P, but still..) which means we -at least- don't need to worry about his team coaching him. DEB has Titus in his team. Enough said.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Ankamius »

What do you want to talk about exactly maria
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by davesaz »

Not possible to have a read on DEB, Volxen, Elements. Not enough material. If someone actually TR's them it's a yellow flag. Vex Vience gets over the bar by having multiple posts with obvious sorting, but just barely.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

btw duckling is MY teammate, not nomnomnom's

nobody gets to share him
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by davesaz »

Hi Ank, I'm gonna go read GiF. Any thoughts there?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

probably town but I'm open to being convinced

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”