Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 624, Hectic wrote:Remind me where have I played with you before, Amrun.
We have a couple games that haven’t finished but they weren’t what I was referring to anyway. We do have Radja’s game finished where you were in a hydra. I fully intended to mislynch your slot there but town vigged you first.

But I’ve been reading a lot of different games as a Scummies judge and trying to re-familiarize myself after my absence.

Pine strikes me as town so far.

@pops: I don’t like the insinuation that I don’t have my own reads. I have clearly delineated my reads from skitter’s at all times. She didn’t even catch up until last night. It was just when she had time. She has a few that I haven’t shared since they weren’t excessively important and I hadn’t formed my own opinion on them (Nancy scumlean, Krazy townlean, Oka town, I’d have to review the convo for the rest). I do agree with Oka town at this point but I personally have zero read on Krazy. My point is, if I were scum trying to fabricate a read, I had no reason at all to even reveal skitter’s read, especially in that specific way.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 619, popsofctown wrote:Iirc S_S found the crumb before his first realpost, if I recall incorrectly he found it before Hectic was conftown to everyone at the end of day 1. I don't see why S_S didn't disclose that.
I actually never saw that crumb until Hectic pointed it out. :oops:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:27 am

In post 615, Pine wrote:Yeah, Hectic is definitely the lynch today. Gut feeling, he's trying to draw out the real Doc.
This is an extremely shallow read.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 am

In post 619, popsofctown wrote:pisskop seems really earnest in his approach to the game this game, I really think he's town. I'm not sure how to explain it, it's kind of a tone thing?
I felt this too with pisskop's entrance, btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:31 am

In post 623, Hectic wrote:@Pine: How am I drawing out a doctor claim when it's been confirmed that I'm a neighbour?
Right. That too.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 612, Eddie Cane wrote:Amrun, ank wants to know skitters specific thoughts on Pops please.
She wrote it all out in detail for me to share here since this question was asked.

Here’s the gist of it:

1) she doesn’t like that pops sided with NaCl on his poor Eddie vote when SS was bickering about it. SS made a valid point about Eddie being on vacation so it was essentially an empty vote anyway.

2) Pops voted SS for how he engaged w/ bob’s pressure, but SS was correct in his argument with bob and whatever pressure he was receiving she felt he acted in accordance with town behavior for him.

3) She doesn’t like the vague meta reasons pops is using.

In addition, after the vote response, she doesn’t like the reaction and how pops is trying to say she only came in because I needed help, which I didn’t.

I agree with all those reasons and I specifically noted 2) prior myself re: SS being correct on bob.

pops
, skitter would like game references and preferably post references from games that show S S scum game is similar or especially that his town game is dissimilar.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 625, Amrun wrote:

@pops: I don’t like the insinuation that I don’t have my own reads.
I'm struggling to find anywhere where I said that. If anything, my complaint is that there was already a direction you were taking the game, and I'm not sure why you adopted a different one.
You seem so sure that's the thing I'm concerned with you're volunteering a readslist though??

pedit: I think skitter would have read the game and provided comments at the time she did no matter what you rolled, the difference between "this is what skitter said, but I'm still on Hectic here" and "forget what I was doing before I should captain a mislynch instead of sheeping one" is what I'm fretting over.

Guns & Roses one and two are the games I'm basing this on. I can't really do post references since it's mostly about what I feel is missing rather that what he's posted, which is the same reason I'm cooling on it which is an annoying time to be asked to cite references
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Amrun »

Oops she didn’t want post numbers anyway, I messed that up.

She more wanted you to articulate the reasons why S S is behaving differently and then based on what game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:45 am

Post by Amrun »

Or, X behavior is similar to Y game, where he was scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Amrun »

As for me, I was using my vote to add pressure, not because I was convinced that Hectic was scum, which was obvious.

I seriously considered waiting for Hectic to react before changing my vote but I was impatient. This doesn’t bother me.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

In this game he seemed to respond to whatever had happened most recently, which matches Guns & Roses II. In AvP and G&R I I felt like he was more selective in what he would question someone about and respond to and it'd often seem like the same thing I would want to ask about. Here I haven't felt that matchup quite as often.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

How is your vote on me more useful? Assuming without granting I'm a player that's very sortable with votes on her, very few votes have accumulated on me but Hectic had several.
"Well, I..."
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 636, popsofctown wrote:How is your vote on me more useful? Assuming without granting I'm a player that's very sortable with votes on her, very few votes have accumulated on me but Hectic had several.
Do you have any votes on you? I don’t think so.

From my POV, you succinctly summarized why pressure on you is more useful than pressure on Hectic. So, not sure what to say to that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

Most people would adopt the school of thought that pressure votes improve utility superlinearly as they accumulate. I'm willing to buy you're in the minority in your thinking on that if you say so, though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

shit that was a math word can someone smokebomb elsa while I run?
"Well, I..."
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 638, popsofctown wrote:Most people would adopt the school of thought that pressure votes improve utility superlinearly as they accumulate. I'm willing to buy you're in the minority in your thinking on that if you say so, though.
I think it depends on gamestate.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Pine »

In post 623, Hectic wrote:@Pine: How am I drawing out a doctor claim when it's been confirmed that I'm a neighbour?
Right here:
In post 577, Hectic wrote:Oh
whoops
, I just dropped my
stethoscope
, how clumsy of me! I guess I'll retreat into my
consulting room
, and consult my
Drew
(hint hint)
Here, obviously. The "hint hint" especially has no function from a Town perspective, but could very easily be intended to draw out a Doctor who isn't close-reading to say "aha! I counterclaim!"

Just because it's clumsy doesn't make it not scummy. And if you're Town just dicking around, then you should be ashamed of yourself and knock it the fuck off. This is Team Mafia, not some random Mini you joined on a lark.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Amrun »

Pine, why is pops town?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Pine »

She's gamesolvy, has made a number of parallel observations that I've also seen, general positive scumhunting vibe, she's the only one of you Mastina is willing to endorse as Town so far (she thinks pisskop is scum though)

Why is she scum?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Pine »

Okay, that's bothering me. Gamesolve-y.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Amrun »

Can you read the reasons from skitter & I and see what you think?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Pine »

In post 630, Amrun wrote:
In post 612, Eddie Cane wrote:Amrun, ank wants to know skitters specific thoughts on Pops please.
She wrote it all out in detail for me to share here since this question was asked.

Here’s the gist of it:

1) she doesn’t like that pops sided with NaCl on his poor Eddie vote when SS was bickering about it. SS made a valid point about Eddie being on vacation so it was essentially an empty vote anyway.

2) Pops voted SS for how he engaged w/ bob’s pressure, but SS was correct in his argument with bob and whatever pressure he was receiving she felt he acted in accordance with town behavior for him.

3) She doesn’t like the vague meta reasons pops is using.

In addition, after the vote response, she doesn’t like the reaction and how pops is trying to say she only came in because I needed help, which I didn’t.

I agree with all those reasons and I specifically noted 2) prior myself re: SS being correct on bob.

pops
, skitter would like game references and preferably post references from games that show S S scum game is similar or especially that his town game is dissimilar.
Nvm, I skipped 630 to 640 while writing a "your mom" joke in response to which I thought better of. I see your reasoning, I guess? I don't agree with it.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Amrun »

For what reason(s) do you disagree, though?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him