Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1177, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 1164, Almost50 wrote:@gooey: Since you're at it. could you please explain -in more details- wjat it is exactly that you don't like about my posts? I am puzzled, because the first mention of it came at a time I wasn't even posting for real yet, and it was carried out to when I started posting and providing reads.
I didn't really like your opening to the game - your #15 (viewtopic.php?p=11477725#p11477725) has you voting GIF for a semi-serious reason that I have a hard time parsing whether it's just supposed to be a funny RVS poke or as close to a 'real' reason to vote someone as you're gonna find on page 1, and your other two posts (thinking the game would be relaxed and complaining to GIF to change his avatar) seem like they're bouncing between unserious and serious in a way that just doesn't feel super natural to me.

More recently, I don't like that you seem really hesitant when mentioning scumreads - your #1010 mentioning dave is qualified with it being a 'lead' instead of more plainly stating that you think the feeling you get from him of "hiding behind someone else" is scummy and your nom scumread is only in comparison to other people involved in the conversation/neighborhood in your #1093 (viewtopic.php?p=11484825#p11484825).
Like it is still early game to be fair but it feels like what I expect lurky scum to do - to not make big waves by scumreading people and pushing them (since they'd have to start posting a lot more if they got pushback on it and step up a bit into the spotlight) and just bring up townreads instead.
1- Has it ever occurred to you that I am Town!hunting instead of Scum!hunting? This maybe the reason why you think my SRs are "hesitant" because I am mainly poking and observing certain slots to see if I can trust them.

2- Please go read any 3 games of mine (just pick 3 random games) and see how I start the game. My start here is totally NAI regardless of my role, my alignment, or even the players list.

3- Another point that bugs me is I feel you are trying to shut me off. Silence me. You accused me of being a lurker/not posting enough, but when I started posting you still attacked me and
ignored the other lurking slots
, and even defended one (DEB).

4- "it feels like what I expect lurky scum to do". Now tell me why DEb ot Volxen or <insert a name of a low poster of your choice> is NOT what you expect lurky scum to do.

5- And this is in no way a defence, but you really don't want me to spam, and I had decided not to on TM. If I wanted to be trolly, I probably would have had like 100+ posts by now, and 80% of them would have been sarcasm and/or playing with words. That would not have created a healthy environment for this game, so I decided to tone it down and be a bit more serious. (Just ask the people who know me how I can be a pain when I want to "have fun". But I already stated Winning >>> Having fun in the competition). Afain, you can ifnore this point if you decide to respond as it's not directly game-related, but more of a "personality introduction".

Also, one of my TRs in compromised (due to team feedback) but I won't say who or why at this point.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1200, Almost50 wrote:Also, one of my TRs in compromised (due to team feedback) but I won't say who or why at this point.
I hope this is FL.

By the way teacher said Fark is a good TR and that he also likes nom going to the dead thread.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Farkran »

Hi teacher! I've been missing you! Let's play together again sometimes.

Aside from that, i am with A50 on that wall, got the same feelings from gammagoey, and saw no reason why they would be justified.

I haven't forgot about nom or FL though, haven't changed my read about them, and i'd actually like to hear their opinion on gamma and vice-versa
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:36 am

Post by chennisden »

Gamnagooey bad scumread, nom is actually pretty good scumread
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:37 am

Post by chennisden »

Also dave, wrt 1188 I forgot entirely about the ability. My bad
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

Spoiler: Totally irrelevant
Just tried to see which teams have members that can read me to any degree of accuracy. I am going to use the player's name in this game rather than the official team name for ease.

Ank: claims to have a higher than average knowledge of my play. Also tw cna read me, although he tends to Sr me, but I'll take it.

DEB: None of his team can really read me to any degree of precision.

FL: Although ALL of them know me well enough, FL himself knows me the best, so he doesn't even need to consult them.

dave: dave knows me. EJ knows me. But Gamma Emerald knows me the best.

chenn: I think chenn is the best of his team at reading me.

Volxen: Nancy is the one who knows me best. I am sure -if she is reading this- she's already wondering why I haven't crumbed, and why am I not posting images and videos for memes. :lol:

nomnom: I dunno if modding me gave non any clue. Other than that I don't think that team knows how to read my play.

Maria: Oh, my beloved Maria. Her and Dunn will SR me by default, but I think she learnt to control it some. (I also Sr them both be default if I am not approaching them with utmost care)

Gammagooey: None of his team knows me. I suspect hito & Kitty never even heard of me.

DeasVail: Ceph will give you a SR on me first, then will think about it.

kuribo: Gun to my head I'd say Xtoxm is the one who knows me best (although mastina will always try to argue against that)

GIF: It used to be RC could rad me like the palm of his hand, nut not anymore. I'd say NSG knows me well, except it has been ages since we last played intensively together (we did play once of late, but it helped I was already being myself even from before she replaced in. I even had crumbed my role as a VT in that game, which is something only I would do.. I think.

Elements: Nobody there knows me well enough

Volpe: ofrhz & PK know me, I think. Not sure about teacher.

EP: Surprisingly, I played more often with the members of this team of late, but I don't think any of them can read me well enough. Maybe bob, but don't quote me on it

Farkran: I don't even know anyone form that team. I haven't had the pleasure of having any finished games with any of them (not sure about Dongempire, but I only recall the name but not a game)

So, why am I doing this? I already told you it was totally irrelevant. I am just a bit bored waiting on family to drop by for dinner, and -also- watching a football game where we are losing after having taken the lead, so just killing time + letting off some anexiety.

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:40 am

Post by chennisden »

Feeling worse on nomnomnom every passing moment tbh
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Elements »

My team might not know you well enough, but we are all experienced stalkers.
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1200, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1177, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 1164, Almost50 wrote:@gooey: Since you're at it. could you please explain -in more details- wjat it is exactly that you don't like about my posts? I am puzzled, because the first mention of it came at a time I wasn't even posting for real yet, and it was carried out to when I started posting and providing reads.
I didn't really like your opening to the game - your #15 (viewtopic.php?p=11477725#p11477725) has you voting GIF for a semi-serious reason that I have a hard time parsing whether it's just supposed to be a funny RVS poke or as close to a 'real' reason to vote someone as you're gonna find on page 1, and your other two posts (thinking the game would be relaxed and complaining to GIF to change his avatar) seem like they're bouncing between unserious and serious in a way that just doesn't feel super natural to me.

More recently, I don't like that you seem really hesitant when mentioning scumreads - your #1010 mentioning dave is qualified with it being a 'lead' instead of more plainly stating that you think the feeling you get from him of "hiding behind someone else" is scummy and your nom scumread is only in comparison to other people involved in the conversation/neighborhood in your #1093 (viewtopic.php?p=11484825#p11484825).
Like it is still early game to be fair but it feels like what I expect lurky scum to do - to not make big waves by scumreading people and pushing them (since they'd have to start posting a lot more if they got pushback on it and step up a bit into the spotlight) and just bring up townreads instead.
1- Has it ever occurred to you that I am Town!hunting instead of Scum!hunting? This maybe the reason why you think my SRs are "hesitant" because I am mainly poking and observing certain slots to see if I can trust them.

2- Please go read any 3 games of mine (just pick 3 random games) and see how I start the game. My start here is totally NAI regardless of my role, my alignment, or even the players list.

3- Another point that bugs me is I feel you are trying to shut me off. Silence me. You accused me of being a lurker/not posting enough, but when I started posting you still attacked me and
ignored the other lurking slots
, and even defended one (DEB).

4- "it feels like what I expect lurky scum to do". Now tell me why DEb ot Volxen or <insert a name of a low poster of your choice> is NOT what you expect lurky scum to do.
Townhunting is fine, but you've qualified every scumread I've seen from you except DEB and me with some part of your post/statement while making it to make it have less impact. It's not just that you're townhunting over scumhunting. (which I also think is a lot easier to do as scum and usually doesn't negatively affect you in the future when the person you're talking about flips) If you prefer townhunting over scumhunting as either alignment then I can roll with that for a bit though - can you explain your reads on Ank & Deas and dave for me?

Not gonna read 3 today, but I was in Echo Bay SEO with you a year and a half ago and you seemed to be more active earlier on with actual content as well as silly stuff, and it didn't feel unnatural to me in the way that it did here. It is earlygame bullshit though and I don't see it as thaaat important, you just asked about why I was scumreading you and that's part of the reason why.

The only time that I think it's arguable that I tried to 'silence' you was when I ragged on you for saying that nobody had a read on DEB. To me that sounded like a post that you wanted people to look at and think 'oh Almost is pressuring/scumreading someone finally that's good' when I didn't think it said anything that wasn't obvious to the entire playerlist. In retrospect with you playing with DEB before and thinking he's usually more active than this I think you could have gotten that point across better than you did but I don't see that post as more likely to come from you-scum than you-town anymore. You did ask me to explain why I was scumreading you ya know.

Volxen does look like what I expect lurky scum to do. It's hard to meaningfully interact with someone when they're not here though. DEB I secretly like more than the rest of the uber-lurkers (elements and volxen) because he's literally not tried to post anything to even bother looking townie yet. I know this is a stupid reason and yes he should still come into the game and actually start posting v. soon but that's what I think so feel free to rag on me for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also I finished reading through all the junk in the middle of the thread and took some notes on it so I'm throwing those in here in a sec
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Post by chennisden »

Also DEB has literally refused to read D1, look at his last post

I think he uniquely has the balls to do this as town but wouldn't really as scum
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Gammagooey »

notes on volpe+FL (and some other posts in the wasteland from page 18 or so to 30)

-feels like they're just talking past each other on page 19 in regards to this
Volpe wrote:I was coming around Ank/Vex/MariaR as making sense but Chennis/Nom gives me some creepy vibes. Maybe FL.
(FL is harping that that volpe's comments on specific scumteams have him and chennis on it that were both scumreading him and is basically ignoring the Ank/Vex/MariaR mention
because it has the word "but" after it, while volpe gets mad that his intended meaning of *I think either Ank/Vex/Maria or Chennis/Nom are reasonable scumteams* is getting ignored)

-I think that both Volpe and nom feel like they're reacting genuinely to all this, Volpe is stream of consciousness posting basically all of his thoughts in this timeframe and it feels a lot more like an exasperated town mindset than a scum one
I think a few things are fakeable on their own as scum (viewtopic.php?p=11481955#p11481955) of wanting FL dead but not being surprised if he gets lynched instead could be written off as a 'pity me' scumplay, (viewtopic.php?p=11481990#p11481990) could be scum shading FL, (viewtopic.php?p=11482011#p11482011) could be scum committing to a tunnel,
but all together I think it paints a really good idea of what volpe is thinking at the time (especially considering most of these posts are minutes apart) and it doesn't feel like scum trying to get FL lynched at all costs, it feels like town going 'FL wtf are you doing literally none of this makes sense your push on me is garbage'.

nom bringing up the QT thing at the time with volpe saying he was going to change his meta for the game also feels like town saying 'fuck you, no, your argument is bullshit, i will chase you down and murder you with your own words' in a way that would make her look worse as scum if she actually get what she wants (a mislynch on volpe-town) and is way more likely to come from nom as town genuinely convinced that she's chasing down what she thinks is a scum lynch.

relevant things that I see FL do buried in the mountain of AtE and posting about himself: the initial volpe push, unvoting volpe, saying his 3 earlier scumreads are now townreads, saying he wants to vote nom (I've gone over his iso now too and I don't see why except maybe that she's pushing back on FL a little and still pushing volpe after FL unvoted?), and that's finally it.

----------------------------------------------------end of notes--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess my read on FL is very slightly scum but I can see him doing basically all this nonsense as either alignment. Last time I played with him he fakeclaimed a guilty (on scum, tbf) in a way that made it really obvious to me that he was fakeclaiming and I basically tunneled on him until a jester fakeclaimed a guilty on me and I got daykilled (it was not a fun game). An update on who he (and GiF actually, he hasn't been pushing anyone recently and I've lost track of who he's scumreading) are scumreading would be very appreciated.

Since Almost has posted enough for people to get a read on him now I feel like he deserves a break from me for at least a bit.

Attention: The Gooey votetrain is now leaving the station. To request a votestop on a non town-read
wagon
station, please pull on the wire and send a note with the reason for your request in the provided slot to be sent to the conductor.

VOTE: volxen
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Volpe14 »

If nomnom flips town I want to take a look at Elems now.

I feel like they're intentionally avoiding posting by this point.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Volpe14 »

scum!Elements is very scared of getting caught early because as either alignment he gets lynched a lot, and even in the team mafia subscribing they talked about how he wants to improve it.

Now he just comes around, comment on A50 post and vanish

That's not coincidence, he's intentionally not posting out of fear right now. Especially when I threw a town read at him I think he felt comfortable to coast around.

I'm going to take a step back from the FL/Ank mess until a flip from nomnom and say that right now I think either Nomnom/Elems are scum.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Volpe14 »

It may seem minor but look at what he just did. He posted elsewhere on site, come around here, read the most recent fluff post in thread, post fluff and vanish.

I'm feeling like he's feeling uncomfortable posting and needs to resort on staying shut. It also might tell me he's satisfied with how things are right now.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In hindsight if you look at DEB you've got him highlightning the fact that this is Team Mafia and he needed to step up a bit, but like, if he's scum and we're talking about vigging him I'm not sure he would post only that and vanish.

I feel like scum!DEB would throw at least one commentary or question at recent posts to make it look like he's doing something. It's not a town read really but I think that pressuring Elems for lurker reasons would be better than DEB or Volxen here.

I would rather have nomnom for now though.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

Update: vex, fl, and nom, and maybe elements are all trs (by skitter)

My comment: Gosh, I must be blind. I dunno why non or elements are town here, but I trust skitter. Vex is a weak TR of mine. Like, very weak. FL is the only one I trust to be town on that list.

@Gooey: The dave progression read is already documented in my most recent posts. Ank because she's being vocal and has the guts to oppose others reads with some confidence. Deas I recall liking one of his earlier partial readlists. (). There are also some reads that maybe influenced by (a) something a teammate of mine said in the TM PT, or (b) a consensus of my stronger TRs in the game.

Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Volpe14 »

A50 I want you to drop those TRs in nom and elem.

Also the fact that skitter is not town reading me is like...???
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1207, Elements wrote:My team might not know you well enough, but we are all experienced stalkers.
You bloody reading a spoiler that's marked TOTALLY IRRELEVANT proves you are closely following the game, so why are you not responding to anything else or trying to poke anyone?? I find it hard got someone who claims not to be reading the game to go .. "This is totally irrelevant. COOL.. Let me read it AND comment on it".

Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Volpe14 »

I think there's a low chance that

[kuribo, nomnom, Ank, Elems, MariaR]

doesn't have scum on it if I stop repeating what I think about a hypothetical nomnom's team.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:40 am

Post by chennisden »

Every time Volxen has rolled scum he has always tried to pocket me and HEAL: IS POCKETING
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Elems is following the game/on site elsewhere but avoids posting anything resembling real content. Important note he isn't confident on his scum game.

Nomnom lacks anything similar to a town thought process/mindset

I'm not seeing Ank do anything useful and I've a hard time believing that read list is something she really believes in

MariaR nitpicks too much fark for no real reason in the catch up. Debating mafia theory with fark is like, very good way of say a lot and actually don't say anything at the same time

Kuribo pops in but I don't feel like he went anywhere there

-------------------

I think there's scum here and flipping them makes it easier to understand the game

creepiest one probably still nomnom but /shrug.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1220, Volpe14 wrote:I'm not seeing Ank do anything useful
???
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:48 am

Post by davesaz »

Last team mafia, my team kept telling me to post things for them. So happy it isn't happening this time.
I like 1217.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1220, Volpe14 wrote:I've a hard time believing that read list is something she really believes in
????????
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Volpe14 »

The fact that you're lurking around the thread like this but not actively being a part of it but rather a commentator also bothers me Ank

That was a really quick reply that makes me think you're following the thread most of the time and if you're following it most of the time I would expect you to do more than what you're doing if town.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”