OkaPoka (1) -
Krazy
Nancy Drew 39 (1) -
Eddie Cane
popsofctown (1) -
Amrun

Not Voting (2) -
Something_Smart, NaCl

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Pine »

In post 647, Amrun wrote:For what reason(s) do you disagree, though?
Central premise? I don’t think those actions are inconsistent.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Pine »

Not central premise. Conclusion. Need coffee.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 am

Post by NaCl »

Okay, I've caught up now.

Eddie Cane:
In post 517, NaCl wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm still not completely convinced but it's unproductive to really think about it. I'm pretty busy myself today and will spend more time on looking through people tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm not really feeling this anymore. I would like to know about your ND vote back then, though, Eddie.
In post 549, Eddie Cane wrote:I'm caught up. I have 3 town reads, 2 scum reads, and a bunch of nulls.
Care to share them?

In post 556, OkaPoka wrote:UNVOTE:

@nacl I don't feel krazy lynch good anymore

I feel meh about all the other existing wagon someone sell me

I don't know if what ss is currently posting is scum indicative or even ai
Eh, I'm having trouble seeing where you're at. Do you have an opinion on anyone in this game besides Krazy?

@ND39
Could you explain your thought process on going back and forth on the Hectic wagon?
Specifically, what made you say he's town in , then say that you were going to wait for him before changing your mind and joining the vote?

@Pine
I don't see why you find Hectic's post to be so scummy. It feels kind of forced to me. Because for one thing, it's Hectic, and also, he's already been outed as a neighbor. So why do you think it's some kind of gambit to get someone who's not reading to go and out themselves?

The entire Hectic wagon is pretty meh. I feel like it's being pushed for weak reasons. I'm not really seeing Hectic as being anything other than null so far and if he is scum then the wagon would be pretty productive, but if he's town then the lynch would be wasted one.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Hectic »

Thoughts:

-I initially townread Titus for clumsily revealing our hood, but on second thought, she'd have to have missed the fact that we can reveal hoods before being lynched, to prevent scum shenanigans, and confirming the phone operator and doctor as ICs is worse on day 1 rather than day 3. Also, how doctor can protect confirmed town if we happen to lynch a scum which makes their town neighbour confirmed. We don't want them to be easy nightkills for scum. The scum motivation to outing the hood is doing so to get townread for having a strong misinformed opinion I suppose? I don't think scum!her thinks her anti-town idea will actually pick up steam, so she only proposes it as scum if she thinks people will TR her for proposing an anti-town idea which she's less likely to push as scum.
-SS (Aa) is being sensible.
-Nancy being so careful with votes and unvoting I don't like. Why not leave the vote on when they're not likely to being lynched? Reason I think this could be scum-indicative is because scum want to appear cautious and not make enemies. Any metareads on Nancy would be insightful.
-I don't like Pine's . I assumed his RVS first post was a joke, so clarifying here seems unnecessary/a little cautious?
-Note: The Phone Operator is also an IC when they reveal, since they can confirm they have access to all neighbourhoods by referencing specific things from each of them.
-I picked this setup because it sounded like the most fun one.
-Titus' stubbornness is strange. Particularly . I feel it's been well explained how it's inoptimal to follow Titus' plan rather than Elsa's and SS' which are superior, so her saying "I'm outvoted" rather than agreeing the other plans are superior is strange. I think Town!Titus would've realised the superiority of the other plan by now.
-: Why scum in particular? Lolhammers come more often from town. This is probably semantics and NAI.
-Liking Elsa Jay for his "townslip" and
-: Surprised at this, hard null for me so far. Are you townreading him for how carefree he is?
-I find myself agreeing with the reads on . Thinking Krazy is obvtown but not a strong townread is weird, and don't agree with the read on Titus.
- and are bad, but I'm thinking I might be biased against Pine knowing what comes from him later.
-Sigh, do I regard as a townslip? In general, I do feel that townslips are real 80%+ of the time, so slightly town-indicative I guess.
-: She's telling us what one of her team members think. "That feels like a way to shift responsibility off your own reads." - I don't like this from NaCl.

Aaand I'm all caught up to my first post of the game. I'll pick up where I left off later.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Amrun »

Hectic, why is that all about Titus?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 654, Hectic wrote:-Note: The Phone Operator is also an IC when they reveal, since they can confirm they have access to all neighbourhoods by referencing specific things from each of them.
> "I picked this setup because it sounded the most fun"
> Immediately gets an important part of the setup completely wrong
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Hectic »

Do you mean a lot of it is about Titus? It's the thing I most disagreed with since the consensus opinion was settling on Titus town, so more reason to argue/talk about it.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 656, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 654, Hectic wrote:-Note: The Phone Operator is also an IC when they reveal, since they can confirm they have access to all neighbourhoods by referencing specific things from each of them.
> "I picked this setup because it sounded the most fun"
> Immediately gets an important part of the setup completely wrong
Ah, right.......
I got confused with mentalist mafia if that was what it was called where a mentalist could read everyone's PTs. Ignore me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 657, Hectic wrote:Do you mean a lot of it is about Titus? It's the thing I most disagreed with since the consensus opinion was settling on Titus town, so more reason to argue/talk about it.
What specifically changed your mind? You had town vibes because I felt genuine before you left. Now I don't.

What is your pops read?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:21 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 607, Amrun wrote:VOTE: Hectic
In post 597, Amrun wrote:I literally have never read a post of Hectic’s, ever, that I don’t find to be scummy.

I find him scummy here too. Just not sure that stops him from being town??? Still probably higher than rand scum so completely fine with a lynch on that slot.
In post 610, Amrun wrote:Ok so ... skitter and I just had some serious conversation and we’re coming in hot with the spice vote.

VOTE: popsofctown

Your vote on Something_Smart and the timing of it and reasoning behind it is bad.

NaCl is on the short list too for a bad Eddie vote.

I see that you voted just before nancy voted. And with the vote on hectic beign pushed up to l-2 you unvoted.

So how did nancy vote affect your conviction that voting for hectic was the best cause of action.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Amrun »

Not at all really.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

UNVOTE:

I've read everything but I dont really feel like responding to the several things addressed to me, I'll give proper replies when I'm back in a couple days
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:26 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 322, Amrun wrote:I’m not pisskop but I’ll take that offer anyway.

VOTE: Elsa

Easily the most vote worthy so far

Here you vote for elsa. And later you ask nancy why she thought elsa was town.

But you never said why you no longer wanted to vote for elsa. What changed your mind on elsa given nancy choose not to give her reasons for town reading her.

And it was nancy vote for hectic that closely proceed you switching you vote yet again
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 661, Amrun wrote:Not at all really.

So what convinced you that hectic was no longer a worthy wagon.

As to vote a player up to even l-3 you must have had some sort of conviction that players was scum.

What was your original reasonign for hectic. As from what i read you just said you generaly scum read hectic all the time. And you say that from what you see of him this game he looks scummy too.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Amrun »

Nancy has played with Elsa before. I haven’t. I HAVE played with Nancy before. It was an attempt to help me sort them both.

Nothing caused me to unvote Elsa. I just found a better home for my vote. I didn’t retract anything I said previously. My feelings about it weren’t overly strong, but it was the strongest feeling I had in that moment. I have stronger feelings about pops now.

P-edit: I changed my vote because skitter and I got on discord and talked extensively about this game. She has more experience with most of these players than me, including Hectic and Pops. I’ve never played with pops before IIRC. She said that what was bothering me about Hectic was more likely to be NAI, and more importantly, she firmed up a background feeling I was having about pops. I was pretty explicit about this already. I don’t know why I have to rehash it.

I’m still fine with pressuring Hectic. I just also want to pressure pops.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 659, Titus wrote:
In post 657, Hectic wrote:Do you mean a lot of it is about Titus? It's the thing I most disagreed with since the consensus opinion was settling on Titus town, so more reason to argue/talk about it.
What specifically changed your mind? You had town vibes because I felt genuine before you left. Now I don't.

What is your pops read?
Because I thought it was stupid for scum!you to push this anti-town strat and that outing our hood does not benefit your scum team because you learn no new info, and I thought you were misguided. But then I realised all the reasons why it should be obvious the strat isn't good, which makes it slightly more likely you're fabricating the push for the strat.

I'll look in to pops now.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 665, Amrun wrote:Nancy has played with Elsa before. I haven’t. I HAVE played with Nancy before. It was an attempt to help me sort them both.

Nothing caused me to unvote Elsa. I just found a better home for my vote. I didn’t retract anything I said previously. My feelings about it weren’t overly strong, but it was the strongest feeling I had in that moment. I have stronger feelings about pops now.

P-edit: I changed my vote because skitter and I got on discord and talked extensively about this game. She has more experience with most of these players than me, including Hectic and Pops. I’ve never played with pops before IIRC. She said that what was bothering me about Hectic was more likely to be NAI, and more importantly, she firmed up a background feeling I was having about pops. I was pretty explicit about this already. I don’t know why I have to rehash it.

So what did you see that after talking with skitter that you now consider to be NIA
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Hectic »

Hopkirk thinks if you've got a breaking strat or idea, you post about it in your neighbourhood first to see if your neighbour points out any obvious problems. Too trigger happy and a little LAMIST.

I kinda agree.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Hectic »

But then again, Hopkirk thinks there's very little incentive for scum!Titus to make that play in the first place. No info gained.

Though, I think the incentive could be getting townread for a misguided push.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 668, Hectic wrote:Hopkirk thinks if you've got a breaking strat or idea, you post about it in your neighbourhood first to see if your neighbour points out any obvious problems. Too trigger happy and a little LAMIST.

I kinda agree.
Gee, tell the person that has high odds of being scum your breaking plan first.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 670, Titus wrote:
In post 668, Hectic wrote:Hopkirk thinks if you've got a breaking strat or idea, you post about it in your neighbourhood first to see if your neighbour points out any obvious problems. Too trigger happy and a little LAMIST.

I kinda agree.
Gee, tell the person that has high odds of being scum your breaking plan first.
That's true, but how about posting it in thread as an idea without outing your neighbour?

Also, you now have an excuse for not getting nightkilled since you're a confirmed neighbour, which is another incentive.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Gee, tell the person you want to sort something that might help you sort them.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 667, bob3141 wrote:
In post 665, Amrun wrote:Nancy has played with Elsa before. I haven’t. I HAVE played with Nancy before. It was an attempt to help me sort them both.

So what did you see that after talking with skitter that you now consider to be NIA
I thought all meme posts + no content was scummy for Hectic but she said it could come from him as town. It’s not a townread from either of us. It wasn’t this big “unvote Hectic” plan but instead was a “shake things up and vote pops” plan.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Hectic »

Hopkirk says I'm doing my towntell hard. Just saying.

I fundamentally disagree that I have a towntell though.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”