Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1343, chennisden wrote:The last sentence is extremely scummy

Am I overprojecting my confidence on this read? Probably
If you think me dropping my town reads on people that are already town reading me is scummy you've something coming for you, because I never did that in any scum game of mine I'm pretty sure.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:39 am

Post by chennisden »

Also I really think we should look more into GiF because he also feels like he's avoiding playing the game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1346, Volpe14 wrote:2. Fair but I said "I'm at least gonna read your words there", like, I would actually read what you have to say but probably wouldn't change my mind on nomnom in that moment

3. You didn't really debate with my arguments or anyone's in nomnom being scum. You said pretty much "I think nomnom is town, I know her better than you probably". Like, you even ask DV "convince me on nomnom scum" when he had just talked about his reasons to SR nomnom. It felt really like posting for the sake of posting.
plus regarding this

you approached me like it was ridiculous for me to be townreading either of them, and then you said you wouldn't listen to me when I indicated I was

there's not a whole lot of reason for me to try to convince you there, so I just responded in kind and left it at that
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:40 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1334, davesaz wrote:
In post 1310, chennisden wrote:I think we should really focus on people who aren't brazenly scummy but more feel like they're playing from the sidelines

Dave and Elements are the poster kids of this
Putting me in that category is utter bullshit.
Oddly this is kind of towny
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

your avatar fits too well and it scares me
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1348, chennisden wrote:And the "I'm dropping my confidence on you being town" is really really obviously manipulative. You're trying to strongarm me into publicly taking a worse position on Ank
Why I need to lynch ank here when I can lynch nomnom, elems, gamma?

like, there's no reason whatsoever for me to make people drop their confidence on Ank town, I just don't see it as natural the fact you don't ever doubt Ank alignment here when she herself admits she's not being her usual self.

But I really don't think I can work with you in this game regardless of alignment or who is right/wrong in this convo. I just don't mindmeld with you.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1342, Ankamius wrote: you can't read nom3 logically

I'm pretty certain that is literally impossible
I'm not going to base my gamesolve on gutreads of people by validating their scummy mindsets and i'm kinda surprised everyone would.

Like, i don't even get the paranoia about people jumping on nom's wagon. She has 3 votes. Out of 10 required. You (@anka) have been the highest wagon earlier and you became the highest wagon again just moments before my vote against nom. If there is paranoia to be had about someone, it would be in your favor - not that i would get paranoid over a L-6 wagon or even think about going out of my way to call it an easy lynchbait.

Nom just scumslipped about his hood, plain and simple.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1351, chennisden wrote:Also I really think we should look more into GiF because he also feels like he's avoiding playing the game
Without saying what you think it is, do you have any idea what I'm referring to, that GiF posted and that his reads are relevant to?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1352, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1346, Volpe14 wrote:2. Fair but I said "I'm at least gonna read your words there", like, I would actually read what you have to say but probably wouldn't change my mind on nomnom in that moment

3. You didn't really debate with my arguments or anyone's in nomnom being scum. You said pretty much "I think nomnom is town, I know her better than you probably". Like, you even ask DV "convince me on nomnom scum" when he had just talked about his reasons to SR nomnom. It felt really like posting for the sake of posting.
plus regarding this

you approached me like it was ridiculous for me to be townreading either of them, and then you said you wouldn't listen to me when I indicated I was

there's not a whole lot of reason for me to try to convince you there, so I just responded in kind and left it at that
That's really fair Ank, but why not approach other people
arguments
about it? (you didn't follow up in your DV interaction)

(by the way I noticed you asked DV for explanation rather than posting after the explanation)
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:45 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1357, davesaz wrote:
In post 1351, chennisden wrote:Also I really think we should look more into GiF because he also feels like he's avoiding playing the game
Without saying what you think it is, do you have any idea what I'm referring to, that GiF posted and that his reads are relevant to?
I think so
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 1356, Farkran wrote:Nom just scumslipped about his hood, plain and simple.
I don't like this but I can see still coming from town!Fark.

I still don't like this.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1356, Farkran wrote:
In post 1342, Ankamius wrote: you can't read nom3 logically

I'm pretty certain that is literally impossible
I'm not going to base my gamesolve on gutreads of people by validating their scummy mindsets and i'm kinda surprised everyone would.

Like, i don't even get the paranoia about people jumping on nom's wagon. She has 3 votes. Out of 10 required. You (@anka) have been the highest wagon earlier and you became the highest wagon again just moments before my vote against nom. If there is paranoia to be had about someone, it would be in your favor - not that i would get paranoid over a L-6 wagon or even think about going out of my way to call it an easy lynchbait.

Nom just scumslipped about his hood, plain and simple.
nom gets scumread for the most bizarre shit she does like... every game that I've ever seen from her

she's the singlehandedly most chaotic person I've ever met that plays mafia to the point where she's actually not that hard to read if you just don't focus on what she's actually doing

the intensity she's showing about everything and the fact that I can tell there's actual bite behind her words are pretty significant towntells in my experience, she can't really fake either unless her scumgame got significantly better in the last couple months
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:47 am

Post by chennisden »

UNVOTE:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1358, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 1352, Ankamius wrote:

plus regarding this

That's really fair Ank, but why not approach other people
arguments
about it? (you didn't follow up in your DV interaction)

(by the way I noticed you asked DV for explanation rather than posting after the explanation)
ok, I responded here:
In post 1198, Ankamius wrote:I'll relook at noms iso when I have a moment
this is 5:30AM my time, which was during my workday.

I left work at 12:00PM and went out to get food, which is where I've been posting most of this. Plus some on the way home, and now here.

I literally haven't had time to.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Volpe14 »

For argument/devil's advocate sake, I want to talk about a world where both Ank/Nomnom is town.

Ank, where would you be looking at?

Guts are fine.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1356, Farkran wrote:Nom just scumslipped about his hood, plain and simple.
Can you explain what this scumslip is? I don't think I've seen anything that I would normally put under that definition. I'd like to clear up whether it's a terminology thing, and look at whatever it is in any case.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:52 am

Post by chennisden »

Btw this overeagerness to push nom from Farkran feels towny
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1364, Volpe14 wrote:For argument/devil's advocate sake, I want to talk about a world where both Ank/Nomnom is town.

Ank, where would you be looking at?

Guts are fine.
outside perspective? probably the slots that are avoiding it entirely

albeit that's more to get an idea how much of this 'incident' is scum driven more than anything

there's not enough raw info here to make any strong judgments on that
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Volpe14 »

I couldn't have more different mindset than you chennis, really.

The fact that early I think Fark was toning more down on Nomnom thing on the hood and that now he is like "this is a scumslip" makes my blood freeze.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Ank I was starting to like you but you not giving me anything here makes me just want to go back to hard scum you.

Like, can't you give me anything...?
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Anything with more substance*...
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:54 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1362, chennisden wrote:UNVOTE:
I feel really really icky unvoting and my mind and heart and soul tell me it's wrong

But I don't think I'm comfortable strongarming my Davesaz read when the rest of the thread seems to disagree
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1360, Volpe14 wrote:
I don't like this but I can see still coming from town!Fark.

I still don't like this.
I don't get the paranoia feeling, but i think i can reason with you. Talk to me about what you don't like about it. I waited for a reality check from my team before assaulting nom slot specifically because i didn't want to enter what i knew would be an endless death tunnel for misinterpreting what were my feelings about nom.

Every member of my team said that nom is scum both individually and because of that hood situation alone. None of us know her, but why would it matter?

This is also @anka. There are plenty of people who are readable by emotion, i've correctly townread people out of their emotional genuineness in the past, so i'm not ignoring your argument. However, how would you explain that nom post though? I mean, there's no towny explanation that comes to my mind as for putting effort in protecting your hood from being outed and getting angry about it after scumreading one of them. It's beyond emotionality. If we validate scummy play because of emotional gutreads and paranoia when a player is at L-7, scumhunting becomes pointless.

Pedit: every time i try to post, there are 20 more posts appearing that i am not reading, i will catchup all of those when this argument cools down
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think I need a break from the game for a while
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:57 am

Post by chennisden »

Actually hmm

If Dave is scum I'd probably scumread people who handwaved off their thoughts about Dave

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”