the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:20 am

Post by the worst »

In post 639, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 637, the worst wrote:ok you asked "does Ank want her townread on Mathblade to supercede my scumread in actuality?" when you meant "how confident does Ank feel about town!Math?"

i can definitely ask that; i don't think her reads are really all that refined past first impressions.
this is the same question... if i wanted to just say no i am better than ank sheep me fuckheads i would have done that and linked our overlapping games rather than asked you to ask her a question

but okay i was like really blown away by your reaction to my question.
okay it seems i misunderstood your question - i literally thought you were asking ank whether she thought her reads were better than yours and i was like "... nooo rc whyyy"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 428, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 426, Bellaphant wrote:Votes on ari's absent slot are just bad and you should all feel bad.
@ennimga, talk to me about tris and teacher?
Why are they bad? Fwiw I agree, but I don't disagree Ari could be scum here.

Tris I'd mostly a meta tone read. The way she omgus voted Math is reminiscent of her townplay in Port Arthur when scum pushed for her mislynch early.

Also I don't find Tris the kind of player to step back and say ok I'm going to attack math for attacking me because that's what town!me would do. In that way it felt very natural.

Rescinding my early townread on Teacher, we aren't on the wavelength regarding RC that I thought we were. The timing just made it seem like he was seeing what I was seeing. I'm also kind of attributing it to the fact I wasn't around during that time.

I don't want to call Teacher scum in any case, there were too many slots that zoned in on me calling Teacher town. It felt a lot like scum trying not to let a mislynch avenue collapse. I haven't parsed who or when yet but I'll get there.
This is when you townblock the person but if scum go on a roll look at them as a possible deepWolf. I don’t think you never ever vote someone but you and Teacher are as close to that as I can think of.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:21 am

Post by the worst »

In post 642, RadiantCowbells wrote:Duck, you think that scum!Skitter has the meltdown that she had in reaction to my push on her? I would like to believe that she simply would never do that as scum.
i used to subscribe to reads like this sigh

i read that exchange when i was falling asleep last night and couldn't.... really get all that invested in it....? so maybe i need to have another shot at empathising more heavily with both of you. it kinda just felt like kinda one of those things that was quite sincere regardless of her alignment at first impression though
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 am

Post by the worst »

teacher does smell towny but [generic tw brand reminder that he does have a scumrange]
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i don't think she has the specific emotions that she did as scum though and I just commented on that, she didn't get mad at the time that scum are supposed to get mad ish
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:23 am

Post by the worst »

that's an interesting takeaway - i think more nuanced than sleepyduck's empathy can really process.
i'll give it a reread when i'm not meant to be working.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 649, teacher wrote:
In post 426, Bellaphant wrote:343 etc were the posts I felt bad about 'theory crafting' from Enigma earlier. Posts like 359 are making me wonder if this is just my personality disliking the self aware/removed tone.
Still not seeing the ari scum-read. Even if I was, votes here are bad.
Here’s the answer, in a spoiler.
No? That doesn’t answer the question. It ignores it with a “my bad” (paraphrase tone read mine)

It says she feels bad for making it? She didn’t say what her through process was just that she disliked the fact she made it. She didn’t address the question she went “whoops my bad” ignoring the point behind the question and then continues votes are bad.

No effort as to why. It’s like she expects because she said so she can just sidestep whenever someone makes valid complaints. It’s ugly.

Assuming that she is then town and I take her at her word that it is a “my bad” then what is left of the original post?

Does she reevaluate? Anything?

No she votes me for pressuring her when I brought up very valid points about her lack of connectivity with another “I gave an excuse why won’t you take it?”

@teacher even assuming this counts as a valid reply what do you make of her asking for worst by name?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

If it was her bad then she has to re-examine what she said before.

Similar to me when I find the post Plum called out when I am done catching up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:29 am

I still think your only correct scumread is Ari, Math.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:30 am

Or to put it this way

I don't think Bella is scum unless Ari is as well I think
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:36 am

Bella, can you talk to me about your reads on Tris Plum and Aristophanes?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 660, RadiantCowbells wrote:Or to put it this way

I don't think Bella is scum unless Ari is as well I think
That may be quite possible. How Bella responds and reacts can tell a lot. It may be possible she knows Ari is town though, matching my first instincts on Ari. Since Ari is not here and Bella has an insight we don’t and doesn’t explain it making her explain with no “mea culpas” later would be a good start
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 434, the worst wrote:
In post 426, Bellaphant wrote:Mathblade's page one is super weird, really aggressive for no reason. Stands out the worst 13
Given it was a pretty odd opinion and Mathblade is smart I figured he was taking a stance on something in order to kick the game off. This is what promoted my initial weak townpings actually - it felt like he seemed unafraid to look like kinda sloppy and not-towny in exchange for generating content.

I think I like this from you but I'm not fully sure why yet. Let me wake up.
Do you know why you like this yet? I am interested because I don’t see Bella town.

Has anyone played with her?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:45 am

I wish that Worst wasn't either disengaged or scum or that between SKitter/Math one of them was someone else because I'm literally a huge antisynergy to this lobby unless I play dictator which I don't really want to do.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 664, RadiantCowbells wrote:I wish that Worst wasn't either disengaged or scum or that between SKitter/Math one of them was someone else because I'm literally a huge antisynergy to this lobby unless I play dictator which I don't really want to do.
Then don’t. Play cooperative citizen and just bring cards to the table. Just like anyone else.

Also why can’t it be both disengaged and scum? Why are you assuming one or the other?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

What in your experience is town!Bella vs scum!Bella?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:49 am

Because I think scum is the superceding condition that defeats the purpose of questioning disengaged or not because either way I have no one to work with.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'll get to the rest later but I'm not sure what else I can explain about rce? The posts around the ones I've mentioned seemed to be more interested in explaining the theory of team Mafia than scum hunting - theory talk is something I've seen (and done) as scum to look busy. When I re-read I realised that not only is rce making a lot of sense generally, there's town motivation in explaining why he wants to focus on the reads of the person playing.

I also mentioned playstyle. Rce looks very logical and tonallt a bit detached whereas I'm more scatty and chatty.

I did re examine, it's why I took my vote off. It was a bad vote. *Shrug*

@rc, I'm gonna have to re-read plum in iso but I'm getting nothing on tris (super null) and I'd lean town on Ari. I wanna respond to plum anyway.

I'm voting marhblade for pushing a narrative that just isn't happening. I find it weird they are trying to set up a big story about my what, five posts?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 667, RadiantCowbells wrote:Because I think scum is the superceding condition that defeats the purpose of questioning disengaged or not because either way I have no one to work with.
You could always pretend you townread me and work with me.

We worked well on Ari. Why are you hesitant to get me where you are on Bella and the rest of your reads?

If I assume you’re town then a you me combo in synergy? Can you just imagine how scared scum would be?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 610, Bellaphant wrote:@math, how have i gone from derp-town (possibly) to scum based on an opening that didn't engage much with the game when like, I made it clear i was skim reading and had paid the most attention to the last few pages, and then went back and literally said 'wow, my read on rce was dumb'.

You've basically invented a narrative.
1) You have not kept a single memorable stance that wasn’t retracted by a my bad besides don’t vote Ari and don’t vote Ico.

2) You’ve ignored/“my bad” a lot of questions your way.

Why did you want to talk with the worst?

What do you make of their posts since you asked?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:58 am

Ok I'll try my best

can you give me a full readslist
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 668, Bellaphant wrote:I'm gonna have to re-read plum in iso but I'm getting nothing on tris (super null) and I'd lean town on Ari. I wanna respond to plum anyway.
Can you give anything substantive?

Like this is just like nothing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 671, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ok I'll try my best

can you give me a full readslist
Is this @me or @bella?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:00 pm

you

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”