Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 872, DrDolittle wrote:I don't remember that being the case. I recall my activity was sparse and I talked a lot about mechanics
I mean I'm not talking about activity or mechanics discussion here, just the fact that you're doing a lot of sheeping relative to forming your own reads, whereas you mostly had your own opinions there.

To be clear I don't think anything is wrong with sheeping but it's a departure from what I've seen of you, which has only been town. Hence the concern.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 866, DrDolittle wrote:Idk haven't been following the game closely and if anything I don't remember anything he has posted which is a bad sign
In post 577, Hectic wrote:Hi, Nancy, are you related to Doctor Drew?

I'm V/LA until Monday in case you missed that; I was being serious when I said I've only read the first two pages.
I'll come and obvtown my slot real quick when I'm back so you don't need to worry.

Oh
whoops
, I just dropped my
stethoscope
, how clumsy of me! I guess I'll retreat into my
consulting room
, and consult my
Drew
(hint hint)
Here, I think that should be super helpful. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 838, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 807, popsofctown wrote:Does that mean you don't want to be in a hood with me :(
In post 809, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 807, popsofctown wrote:Does that mean you don't want to be in a hood with me :(
I like my neighbour, they’re really cool. Perhaps a future game? :lol:
If you're town, you realize posts like these help mafia PR hunt the doc and contribute nothing to solving the game, right?
In this game, like every game, my posting will be a couple degrees off of my wincon for the sake of fun. I can only promise not to play perpendicular to my wincon, or opposite my wincon. If that's not tryhard enough for you please ask moderation to forcereplace me
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

@Micc
please replace pops
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:47 am

._.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 852, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:VOTE: Hectic

I find that often sleeping on things tends to clarks things for me.

@Hectic, I really like you, think you’re really cool and have nothing but the highest respect for you but it was ironically one of the reasons that Auro tr Elsa that ultimately convinced me.

You seems really unhappy here, like you’re not really enjoying this game and I think it’s because you’re not town in this one.
This seems like a valid reason to scumread Hectic in a sea of invalid reasons to scumread Hectic. If he flips scum I wouldn't have Nancy down as one of the bussers.
In post 864, Something_Smart wrote:The way DDL is playing doesn't strike me as a way most people would play as scum, but it also isn't how I've seen him play as town in the past.

To anyone with meta, has he played ultra-passive and sheepy like this as scum before?
I think it feels similar to Death List and dissimilar to Magical Girls and he was town in both. It will be hard to read because sheeping is fundamentally a harder pattern to read than independent initiative, but I figure town!DDL will take whichever approach he thinks matches the day phase so I'll be able to read his play better when a different circumstance shows today or a different day.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Hi SS. I want a reads list please. Are your teammates following?
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 801, popsofctown wrote:This isn't productive. I'm townreading most of the people spamposting here so I think it'd be protown to slow it down, I want to be able to figure out which of the DDLs and NaCls and Krazy Eddie Elsa Cane Jays are scum or town and if they're all having trouble catching up that's harder.

This setup would be great with neighbor rearrangements maybe if we asked Micc super nice.
Ok let's play anti wincon

Why are you complaining about our hood when you have made not one attempt to engage with me in it? Reads to me as disingenuous posturing.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:52 am

Post by OkaPoka »

well my hood with micc has been awfully quiet too

like i keep asking him who is scum and he ignores me
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 818, pisskop wrote:RC is entirely too talked about
FTFY

now

Hi, my teammate(s?) town binned you tonally or something. I dont have that read. Cmv?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:57 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 883, OkaPoka wrote:well my hood with micc has been awfully quiet too

like i keep asking him who is scum and he ignores me
in hindsight this post isnt that funny
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:57 am

In post 881, Eddie Cane wrote:Hi SS. I want a reads list please. Are your teammates following?
Jingle followed a little bit earlier, the others not really yet.

I could ask their opinions if you'd like, though.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:57 am

Post by Pine »

Mastina and xtoxm are both scumreading pisskop, actually. Kuribo is sick and hasn’t had an opinion yet
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Ironically, pine, we have talked about you quite a bit as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:00 am

{Nancy, bob}
{pisskop, Titus, Hectic, Oka}
{Pine}
{Eddie, Elsa, Amrun, NaCl, Krazy} - null
{pops, DDL}
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Pine »

In post 888, Eddie Cane wrote:Ironically, pine, we have talked about you quite a bit as well.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Hm. Eh. We are not very synced at all.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Pine »

In post 889, Something_Smart wrote:{Nancy, bob}
{pisskop, Titus, Hectic, Oka}
{Pine}
{Eddie, Elsa, Amrun, NaCl, Krazy} - null
{pops, DDL}
Town to scum or scum to town?

Labels, people, ffs

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 882, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 801, popsofctown wrote:This isn't productive. I'm townreading most of the people spamposting here so I think it'd be protown to slow it down, I want to be able to figure out which of the DDLs and NaCls and Krazy Eddie Elsa Cane Jays are scum or town and if they're all having trouble catching up that's harder.

This setup would be great with neighbor rearrangements maybe if we asked Micc super nice.

Why are you complaining about our hood when you have made not one attempt to engage with me in it? Reads to me as disingenuous posturing.
VOTE: Eddie Cane

I was speechless and bewildered at first
But the best explanation for why he would criticize someone for making role-fishable jokeposts then later DIRECTLY OUT HIS HOOD
is cogdis from rolling scum.
I don't think the cogdis on the town version of this makes a tenth as much sense unless the scumteam already knows our hood.

The hood is empty because I think hoods are where scum pocket townies and they're mostly useless. I mentioned that when Oka said it, it's in the main thread. But, um, asking me about that in the hood instead of giving the mafia two rolecop shots at the doctor would have been better????
"Well, I..."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 886, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 881, Eddie Cane wrote:Hi SS. I want a reads list please. Are your teammates following?
Jingle followed a little bit earlier, the others not really yet.

I could ask their opinions if you'd like, though.
I dont care about your read on me rn, I agree I should be null.

I would like your teammates opinions if possible. I feel like this game actually has a lot of readable content I'm going to try to digest later.

@amrun also has teammates I'd like stuff from, specifically at least JJ.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Pine »

In post 891, Eddie Cane wrote:Hm. Eh. We are not very synced at all.
I’m in the awkward position of defending pisskop in our PT to two people whose opinion and objectivity I trust. It’s weird

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

it's not disingenuous posting, Eddie, it's jokeposting. Neighborhoods have never statistically been shown to improve town winrates across site history.
OUTING THE NEIGHBORHOOD TO WIN AN ARGUMENT is the perfect example caring more about being right than caring about who is scum
"Well, I..."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 896, popsofctown wrote:it's not disingenuous posting, Eddie, it's jokeposting. Neighborhoods have never statistically been shown to improve town winrates across site history.
OUTING THE NEIGHBORHOOD TO WIN AN ARGUMENT is the perfect example caring more about being right than caring about who is scum
:shrug:

I'm drunk

l'chayyim
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 882, Eddie Cane wrote:

Um . . . didn’t you just accuse Pops and me of being antitown for outing that we’re neighbours? He never outed you as his neighbour.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

that actually helps me with the "would scum be that careless" layer of the wifom.

This seems like a definite.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”