Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 939, Alisae wrote:
In post 311, Chemist1422 wrote:Yeah I don’t really think Shadow is scum here

In her scum game with Maria she was a lot less directionless
this and the timing of it
I don't think Chemist is scum either. Also, Chemist brings up a good point where scum have a better sense of direction than town and that is a good tell to go by.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Menalque went into the town pile for me very early tbh when he started asking me questions

then I think the day after that skitter gave me some reads including a TR on menalque and I just figured I'd leave him in my townpile and expect some good quality townplay laced with a healthy amount of paranoia he is capable of keeping healthy
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 856, Kerset wrote: Could you compare shadow and menalque? They both didn't make hard stance or peel voters as you describe. Mena made light push in and keep his vote on lurker. One is your main (or one of main) townread and the other your main scumread.
Menal was willing to be pulled on Klick wagon in just to be doing something. When he switched to Gamma, he had and attempting to get support from specific people. So it feels like one way or another, Menal wants to be getting value from his vote.

By contrast, Shadoweh's energy is more like:
In post 519, Shadoweh wrote: I dunno how i feel about these ofr votes either, Im kinda looking at the wagons and being like why are literally only people i think are town getting some traction. I'm not inclined to move atm so its hard to motivate myself to post when I could have summed up my position as still not moving also if y'all could stop what you're doing that'd be gr8
In post 630, Shadoweh wrote:I've probably changed my mind about Kerset. Hito's still scum though? Why aren't more people voting him???
In post 718, Shadoweh wrote: I dunno why I have to explain it tbh, no one is townreading him so people obviously don't think he's very town but people aren't voting him. I didn't like his post voting Chemist for uh, calling me town, I guess that's a bit biased on my part but it felt bizzare to me. I don't know how to explain it, person comes in, posts 'i am reading this person' 'okay i think they're town', I don't get why you'd vote them for this as a big deal. If you look at your own reads you'll see voting him to be full of kibou!! ✩⃛( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)
that last one the only time Shadoweh reached out to a voter with a reason to vote me, and it was because that voter asked, not Shadoweh herself. Like it's very clear that menal isn't content with the way the game is going and is trying to affect change; I don't get that vibe from Shadoweh at all. She says in 830 that this apathy is because my lynch is apparently steamrolling in to inevitability or something:
In post 830, Shadoweh wrote: Arguably I have actually done nothing but push on you! I even went out of my way to explain some thoughts on that to a nice boy that asked. I'm pretty sure its going well actually and you're going to be lynched, aren't you looking forward to your PUNISHMENT TIME?? ฅ(*ΦωΦ*) ฅ
But this seems like insincere bluster, since I'm at a cool L-4 with no pressure, and the only thing that changed since Shadoweh's frustrated 630 was a single additional vote from ofr. Do you really think you'd sit in Shadoweh's shoes, read this enormous mastina/Bitmap shitfit, and think "Lucky me! hito's the one destined to die today, and I didn't even have to do anything"? If you had to rate players in the game from most to least likely to die this D1, where do you rank me? It seems way more coherent that Shadoweh just doesn't want to do much because she is scum and the game is going the way she wants and she just has to find a safe place to chill out.

continuing to get current with the thread but I want this post to stand on it's own since it ended up being a pretty good summary of my Shadoweh suspicion
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Bitmap »

"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

Hito I like her reads because they're different from what everyone else is thinking in general and I believe that she is trying to figure out the game.
GTKAS
| here.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

y’all I just noticed that the title says “amine”
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 955, Chemist1422 wrote:y’all I just noticed that the title says “amine”
You see, whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, it depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, ‘Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life. If you don’t spend time watching real people, you can’t do this, because you’ve never seen it. Some people spend their lives interested only in themselves. Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans.
And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah I'm still not convinced by the translation here

This game is actually called "Destroy the Ant Rod Tripod Anime"
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 901, Alisae wrote:Shadoweh Chemist Mena Kerset Bitmap
Hito Klick
GE jjh ofhrz
mastina jingle
Would love anything you got on Kerset. I liked his last question to me here but I still just find him kinda moon-logic and nigh-impossible to interpret.
In post 925, Bitmap wrote:Gamma isn't lynch pool material. He's just vig pool material.
Not a big fan of this b/c there's still Ten Stinkin Days on the deadline and plenty of reason to believe we might have a rep in here. Though I'm not actually sure if scum like, think that one alignment or another is more likely to replace in so I guess I don't know if it's actually a tell in any meaningful sense. My gut just doesn't like this sorta...premature closing I guess?
In post 935, jjh927 wrote: Inability to handle pressure well is the only reason something similar to this would happen as either alignment. The fact that it is so overblown in proportion, and that the paranoia expressed does not lead anywhere- in other words, it is entirely a defence- is the issue I am seeing
Well, remember the context that the insecurity started with mastina's team ranking post (which I do think was pretty tactless and unproductive). With that lens, I feel like there's a bigger chance it could come from town, which is why it's so hard to read.

Jingle is good. It's weird I don't feel like I have a strong read on Jingle but I think this is the third time I have quoted a Jingle post and said it's good, so maybe I just think Jingle is town??
In post 954, Alisae wrote:Hito I like her reads because they're different from what everyone else is thinking in general and I believe that she is trying to figure out the game.
But isn't it *actually quite bad* if your reads are different from what everyone else is thinking in general and the conversation is dominated by what everyone else is thinking in general and not what you're thinking? That's kinda my point. Shadoweh seems way too comfortable for how counter-culture she is.

To be fair, that opportunity to reindex on Shadoweh that I was mentioning earlier is still there - it's still true that I'm not getting lynched and that at some point we'll get to see how Shadoweh reacts to that and that reaction has the chance to make things pretty obvious one way or the other. I just think that it's now unlikely enough that Shadoweh has a good reaction that this seems like the right vote even before getting that info.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

thanks pp
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 957, jjh927 wrote:
Yeah I'm still not convinced by the translation here

This game is actually called "Destroy the Ant Rod Tripod Anime"
In Japanese, you usually start off the sentence with the verb which is "Destroy". The subject usually follows right after aka "Untrod Tripod". And then the thing receiving the action, "Anime".

So it literally translates to "Untrod Tripod Destroys Anime".
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Anime was a mistake.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Oh my god you're still trying to stick to this scumread. I will admit I'm starting to get iraira at the people randomly townleaning hito for, visibly, no reason, Alisae cough.
I don't think this Bitmap/mastina thing is going to lead to either of their lynches though, what a ridiculous thing to say at this point.
My favorite part of your case Hito is if I reversed it and made it about your futile vote on me, it could be a map of your Day 1 scum strategy here. ~(=^‥^)ノ☆

I'm asking Dunn since a few people seem interested and he'll get back to me later about Bitmap. My personal experience watching Bitmap's town games is he's used to being seen as lynchbait though so overreacting doesn't seem telling to me.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 961, Bitmap wrote:Anime was a mistake.
how dare you
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 963, Shadoweh wrote:
how dare you
I blame jj, which is now a recurring trend.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I still want mastina vigged or lynched because I'm bitmap.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

me and my team are fighting over what anime to watch
GTKAS
| here.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 964, Bitmap wrote:
In post 963, Shadoweh wrote:
how dare you
I blame jj, which is now a recurring trend.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

I want to watch that time I got reincarnated as a slime
Chennis wants to watch Psycho Pass
GTKAS
| here.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by jjh927 »

You should watch that time I got reincarnated as a slime if those are the two options
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Unless you can find anything about this Ant Rod Tripod anime because that would definitely be useful for flavour
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Watch Dragon Pilot. It's a good one.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

can I swap to ur team
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae