Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1073, hitogoroshi wrote:Actually, Alisae, whatever happened to you pushing back against my mastina-town thoughts?
i need mastina to answer my question has she posted since she was last here?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 767, Alisae wrote:
In post 677, mastina wrote:
In post 661, Alisae wrote:Do this but just for my slot
You're in luck--I'm in the same mindset I was when I listed you as a townread!

That is to say, rather notably tired.

This mindset isn't the most productive to explaining things but it's the only mindset I can be in to explain the read since it was a read born of this mindset. :P

Basically I didn't intentionally have you as deliberately-unsorted, but I noticed that I wasn't making any effort to really sort you.
In my bout of tiredness, when catching up on the game and reading your posts around that time and the ones from shortly before then that were fresh on mind even though I had read them, I basically liked what I was seeing you do in spite of having the knowledge that I probably shouldn't but the gut-townread from what I was seeing was still there all the same.

Your contributions to this game just look town, mostly. Are they? Ehhh...probably not, it wouldn't surprise me if the people who actually know how to read you well would say you've done nothing that is strongly alignment indicative. And not gonna lie some of your earlier posting did look suspicious but in the very-brief "I am scumreading everyone in this game" sort of way where I realize I'm basically not townreading anyone and force a reset of standards to 'okay reset them to null then just work from there'. But the posting around the time I posted the townread on you was posting that I liked the mindset behind of as being something that it looked like it was genuinely trying to solve the game in.
Well, I'm getting scolded by my team that maybe you could be town and I HATE talking to scum
do you have a town post that stood out to you?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

this one hito
i voted jingle because I'm impatient and bored
GTKAS
| here.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I just got back from work really late so I'm too tired to reply to anyone.

But wow mastina lurker hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmMmmMmmmMmmmMmMMMMMMM
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Bitmap »

ok good night
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Bitmap »

i worked from 9AM to somewhere between 9-10PM today
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by mastina »

What.
I posted on Sunday.
I might not have been on-site at all yesterday but Sunday to Tuesday isn't two days without posting, it's just one.
How the fuck.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 767, Alisae wrote:do you have a town post that stood out to you?
The only time I'd have been able to do this was at the time I made the original list.
I can guess. The post was made at , it was thus posts before then--the combo of /. .
Maybe the fluff posts like and , I can townread stuff like that, but I seem to vaguely recall it was game content not fluffposting but I am in the tired mindset now and 478, 435, and similar look town to me now so maybe I was in the tired headspace then and townread them then even though my vague memory recalls it being game-content-posting rather than fluffposting.
and . . . . + . . .

I could check back further than that but I
think
that's about where the townread started? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was earlier and there was more stuff earlier which contributed, but to my vague memory that seems to be where I recall having it start, around the Klick wagon you more or less started and what you were doing there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 769, Menalque wrote:I am kind of caught up but with the corollary that I've been skimming mastina's walls
I've made a grand total of four posts that were walls. One the initial team assessment relevant to this game, one the case on Bitmap, one the response to Jingle's "defense" of Bitmap, and a fourth where I did self-meta.

I haven't been walling this game at all.
In post 771, Menalque wrote:mastina, you said this was something you could talk about, so can you
Sure.
Your posts are all incredibly obvtown. Everything you have done is tremendously, insanely, town. You radiate town every single step of the way with everything you have been doing.

So obviously, you are a strong townread.

...Except, I'll confess.

Everything I said above is true--you're incredibly obvtown, everything you've done is insanely town, you radiate town every step of the way...
...But I admit there is a lie, in the "so obviously you are a strong townread" part, because I know you're a damn good scum player and probably nothing you've done is truly out of your scum range in spite of just how insanely town it looks.

So why then when I know you are a strong scum player are you still that strong townread?

...Blind faith. I just have faith that you will be so obvtown that you might become conftown.
Mind you, that faith is not absolutely unwavering; on a later day (say, D2), it could be shaken, or it could be confirmed to be worthy and the conviction will deepen. Basically, it's trust that your alignment will be clear given time, while still giving the strong townread because I felt like it I guess.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 797, Bitmap wrote:RC wants to let the game know that he "claims guilty" on hito.
And I think that thought comes from scum. :]

Speaking of thoughts tho--Xtoxm took a brief look but got bogged down in trying to form reads. He did say Ali looked town, and that mena/chemist/jingle looks concerning, but later Mena stuff looks okay. No thoughts from Pine tho.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 820, hitogoroshi wrote:Bitmap vs. mastina is the fire at the heart of things, and Shadoweh has the soft condemn of "I think we should ignore it" and at least kinda-sorta implying it's TVT - but without hard comitting to a TR on either one, reaching out to one side or the other, trying to peel voters off their wagons (if no one likes me, that should be pretty doable!), whatever.
Realtalk I did more or less come to the conclusion that in the unlikely event Bitmap were somehow town (he's not), that scum would indeed have at least one person in the middle. Shadoweh was one of the ones I thought of sure enough but I also considered I think it was you and ofhrz?

There were a total of three players who I thought fit the mold and if you assume Bitmap is town (I do not), then that grouping does have significant scum equity.

In contrast, if Bitmap is scum as I assume, that group is incredibly unlikely to contain scum and I would think them all town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 848, Klick wrote:My theory is that mastina!scum is playing in such a way that she feels she needs to be her scumteam's carry.
I have the logs to prove the opposite come postgame and can paraphrase them now for proof of how that's the polar opposite of my approach as scum.
In post 849, jjh927 wrote:This is a competition. I expect everyone to be trying to carry in order to get those tiebreak points
Honestly legit didn't even remember that was a mechanic.

I do have a desire to do
well
, but I've not been trying to be a carry.

But since you mentioned it.

Justsayin'.

You'll owe me big if I hit scum. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 868, Jingle wrote:I haven't actually seen mastina scum firsthand in a long time.
Nobody has. :P
It's been over 20 games without a scumastina role PM so nobody not even me has seen her as scum in a long time.
In post 868, Jingle wrote:I think the most recent of those is 2 years old.
I mean that was pretty much the last time I randed scum so it's not really as if that meta's got more recent examples, so much as it is that's literally the most recent you've got because more recent scumgames don't exist.

I don't get scum role PMs anymore for whatever reason. Which I am fine with since I prefer playing town anyway and it allows me to practice my game better anyway.
In post 874, Bitmap wrote:mastina is bringing up non-existant scum games from before my site flake (over 5 years ago) and the fact that I am sheeping RC.
Funny, I feel like I've addressed these points before.

...Maybe because I have?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 879, Jingle wrote:(she's more than capable of doing all of this as scum)
I mean I'm really not; in theory sure, scumastina can do anything because theoretically nothing's out of my scum range, but in practice that doesn't hold true because there's a difference between what scumastina could theoretically do and what scumastina actually will do given her capabilities and this is way way WAY outside of my scumrange.
In post 878, Bitmap wrote:okay but yet I get to be ignored when I called out mastina's shitty push on me? zzzzz
When what you're saying I did wasn't what I actually did?

Yeah.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 903, Alisae wrote:
In post 899, jjh927 wrote:Talk about those things and tell me why they're something that makes Bitmap town
they defended klick and I'm coming around to klick being town
Defending town does not make a slot town least of all when the defense of the town slot has a greater scum motivation behind it than any possible town motivation.
In post 906, Alisae wrote:I think the scum is in {jjh jingle gamma ofhrz mastina}
You would have god-tiered luck if this contained so much as two scum considering I'd consider you incredibly lucky to find so much as one within.
In post 914, Jingle wrote:RC's sentiment about mastina capitalizing on a RC-is-scary vibe was pretty close to what I was thinking about mastina concurrently, although I'm not sure that stands up.
Perhaps you should go back to look it up like you did the other thing. :]
In post 914, Jingle wrote:The demoralization of being BOP'd reads as genuine.
Of course it was genuine, that doesn't make it town least of all when it is weaponized to sell a narrative which is objectively demonstrably not true to what has happened in the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 965, Bitmap wrote:I still want mastina vigged or lynched because I'm bitmap.
Odd because this sounds an awful lot like something RC asked you to say. :shifty:
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

*grumbles in annoying town random unvoters*
I've forgotten how much I hate games lasting so long that wagons die b/c people get bored of them.
Today was kind of hell at work so I'll actually post tomorrow.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1074, Chemist1422 wrote:greenflip I'd have to see their reactions
As a hint: when you go, "if it flips green, I don't really have an idea, I'd have to see"...
...Chances are.
It will flip green.
In post 1005, Bitmap wrote:no im in a gladiator fight with mastina
Realtalk, dead serious, if there were a gladiate between you and me where we were the only lynches: you'd lose. :cop:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1075, Alisae wrote:has she posted since she was last here?
mastina.
Unlike some paranoid fucks, the last time I visited the site is public information available by accessing my profile. I'm not a coward who hides my online status so anyone checking my profile can clearly as day see when I was last around.

If you ever doubt its accuracy (which is fair enough, it's not data I'd call particularly reliable), then a simple search of my site history in posting will help to confirm the data. In this case, to answer: as a matter of fact, no.

I was last here Sunday, in this game.
I took Monday off.
I didn't plan on taking Monday off, but I did for whatever god knows stupid reason. Well, there most definitely wasn't a reason. I never once thought, "I'm not going to go on mafiascum today", I just didn't, so I took a one-day unscheduled unplanned break from mafiascum and am behind on everything as a consequence. (And that would be why I am bitter about the prod. I understand if you take two days off, if you're absent for two whole days, getting a prod...but it WASN'T two days. I posted on Sunday, and today is Tuesday. That's ONE day of not posting and I got a fucking prod. Which means I'll have to force a post every single fucking day because of the stupid-ass three prod strike rule and I am not happy about that.)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

i posted 767 on the 5th and you haven't posted since but ok whatever you say
GTKAS
| here.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:06 am

Post by Klick »

@hito: Your latter point about Menalque trying to actively influence the gamestate with his vote/convincing people to join him doesn't do much for me. Probably because in two of the three games I've played semi-recently, Menalque was scum who did this liberally and made it a core part of his strategy. He is acutely aware that playing this way gets him townread.

The first point is interesting. I haven't seen that towntell in action before, so I'm not confident in its strength, but I get it in theory. I'm fine with leaving Menalque for later at least.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Klick »

In post 729, jjh927 wrote:Also I kinda do feel like this idea that Bitmap has been pushed around is people buying into a bullshit narrative. He's playing the victim but he just isn't here; again- look at that extensive list of discredits against mastina and see how much stacks up the other way
I think I'm confused by how this is persuasive to you. Do you think Bitmap!town would be avoiding antagonising mastina here? I don't.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:30 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: jjh927

There have been enough incidental things that have set off alarms about his posts to me that I think this could just be scum. And it feels like plenty of people have had minor-yet-valid points against him without there being a proper push, which is concerning.
I don't read his solving as genuine, and that's the biggest reason I'd be happy to lynch here today.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1081, mastina wrote:What.
I posted on Sunday.
I might not have been on-site at all yesterday but Sunday to Tuesday isn't two days without posting, it's just one.
How the fuck.
For clarity, for everyone, the ruleset requires a post at least once every 48 hours, not two calendar days.

In post 1, PenguinPower wrote:After 48 hours of no activity, I will prod the inactive player.
If you plan on being away longer than this, please send me a PM to discuss.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am

Post by PenguinPower »