KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:49 am

Post by KittyMo »

I spoke too soon that I'm riding solo - my teammate hitogoroshi let me bounce ideas off him for a bit last night and it helped me gather my thoughts.
In post 322, Donempire wrote: Yeah i also agree that the punishment to both the game and elements was too severe for something as common as that, s warning should have sufficed but im not a mod. Even if elements did it intentionally to clear his name thats bad play rather than rulebreaking demeanor.
I would caution everyone against getting too deep into what can be interpreted as ongoing game discussion by discussing this too substantively in public.
In post 272, Cephrir wrote:you guys this game is so boring.
Consider: being the change you wish to see. My homie thinks you're just null, by the way, which is interesting to me!
In post 315, Cephrir wrote: I answer questions. I just don't feel the need to engage with your or Auro's attacks on me because they're weak, I don't think there's any point in me wasting my time trying to change your minds (especially considering that Auro is scum) and I believe everyone else can see that.
Is "everyone else can see that" in reference to finding Auro scummy?

Spoiler: notice me
In post 140, Hopkirk wrote:She made a lot of comments but what she left out gives me the impression she was avoiding getting into the noisiest/messiest/most visible parts of the game. Fence sitting on Gobble. Not getting involved/commenting about me (the hydra thing) and the gobble/Ceph conflict that were both going on at the time.

Hop 'Hoppers' Hopkirk
In post 229, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 82, Cephrir wrote:is elements doing a bit or something? idgi
This feels kind of odd contextually. Cephrir had just done a fairly long rundown on Gobbles (iso basically) to go through the 'wooden' read that he was expressing. Feels like he should have noticed I'd posted as 4 different people there quite visibly. I don't get why he'd go into depth on Gobbles when it also feels like he either didn't iso me, or is acting confused to avoid stuff. This is a question btw Ceph, I'll let you decide which bit
is
the question.

I'm townleaning Hopkirk at this point. My thought on his tone reads hasn't really changed. The main aspect from him that I think fits better from a town mindset is that it seems like he thinks he's doing important things that are worth weighing in on, and that avoiding those things may be advantageous to scum. I don't think it's over-the-top, and I think it shows self-confidence that what he's doing should be conversation starters/worthy of analysis. Hopkirk seems to
want
attention and have an eye out for people who don't know what to do with him - it's certainly more natural to have that perspective on the game state as town, I think.

In post 277, Dunnstral wrote:
I think 91 is more likely to be a faked post because of 98, and that his omgus behavior when he seems to acknowledge that people don't get him and kill him doesn't really make sense to me
Mmk. I'm putting a pin in this specifically in this until he actually exists (or until I get bored of him not).
In post 283, Dunnstral wrote:You've never seen town ask other people questions about other peoples scumread on themself?
I don't like the strawman here, but your follow-up on it in #300 is ok.
In post 302, Dunnstral wrote:Not trying to impede the gobble wagon by arguing semantics or complaining about the game = towny
Joan naked voted and you're pulling this out of that. Are you implying that her posting any kind of content alongside a second vote on a wagon would be
impeding
it?

And I guess to speak to my overall read here: I find Dunnstral's play to be measured and reasonable, with his responses to my poking holding up to scrutiny. I'm still looking for something that reads to me as "town" as opposed to "reasonable," though.

In post 321, Auro wrote:
In post 319, Hopkirk wrote:I haven't played with North in a while but I think I heard somewhere she's strong town. Is that why you'd avoiding lynching there, or is it because you think she's easier to sort later, or something else?
Think you said FF was strong town (though may be twisting your phrasing here when you just meant like 'active') so is there a difference there?

Didn't NSG's lack of effort come after the FF exchange? Her early posts didn't really specify anything of that sort.
Yeah, that alone is a reason I'd avoid lynching her D1. She is
also
easier to sort after some gameplay, I guess (although I have lost to scum!NSG before).
Also, I feel that the nature of Team Mafia and the game setup might make it easier to read her as well.
The main notable thing to me at this point with NSG is that she left her random vote on someone in her townbloc while implying she had a real scumread. It's passive at best.

Spoiler: Auro quotes
In post 126, Auro wrote:Dann, can you ask the worst about what exactly pinged him from my entrance?
I almost always tend to wagon in RVS.

Sleeping now, will give thoughts on other stuff tomorrow.
In post 194, Auro wrote:
In post 191, Donempire wrote:I dont have a problem with you responding to his question, but why did you feel the need to mention that there could be a town agenda also without providing an example for that? Thats what bugs me.
And you may take the most controversial, extreme opinions later in the game, but right now i stand by saying that you're playing it incredibly safe.
Then you've not read my post properly. I was calling out scum motivation in maintaining secrecy about the reasoning behind the question; not scum motivation for the question itself.
Even then, this is such a small point to be concerned about -- that I'm not providing an 'example' of town agenda -- I find it odd that this of all things bugs you.
Incredibly safe? I've openly attacked FormerFish, Dunnstral, Cephrir; I've hard-defended Gobbledygook in the last few pages, which stances of mine do you find 'incredibly safe'?

Your entire attack on me is grasping and empty, and not reminiscent of the time we played together last.
VOTE: Dongempire
In post 259, Auro wrote:
In post 255, Dannflor wrote:It reads like scum who sees something town does that looks really scummy on a surface level and thinks it's a safe vote, when in actuality if they were town they would've taken more time to consider why scum!Cephrir would behave this way
Do you get the same vibes from me?
I know it's not hard for scum to engage and bullshit, but still, the lack of meaningful engagement is a good enough reason to scumread someone, no?

I made an aggressive attack at Dong primarily to see his response. I'm not sure that's a line of attack scum would take against me ("playing it incredibly safe"), and his response in seemed to set things in additional context. I felt his thoughts were genuine, and I liked his reaching out to work together - where scum in that position could easily continue to attack.
In post 271, Auro wrote:
You didn't ask me if I did form thoughts on dunn from that conversation :P which I did, and it's hardly an "extended" conversation. You'll notice I backed off from pushing Dunn right away.

I'm surprised at how serious people take "minus points" to be. If someone's at 100, and they push me or a townread of mine, that's reason to knock them down to 95. Of course people are wrong in Mafia; it's just ever so likelier that scum might be pushing someone I think is town to my eyes given I don't like the attack. I don't see why "minus points" translates to "especially disingenuous", why are you guys stressing on it this much?

Haven't looked at a town game yet, but I'm not really interested much either at this point. The expected result of my looking there is to end up at a nullread on gobble, and not a scumread. Given I have stronger scumreads, I'm interested in pushing there.

I think my main problem with Auro at this point is that the way he responds to pressure tends to give me "caught for the wrong reasons" vibes. Initially with the "I always wagon" bit...there are townier and scummier ways
of
doing that, and saying you tend to do that implies he should also be doing it as scum. Not necessarily a bad thing to ask about the reasoning for, but it did give me the aforementioned vibe. I don't think he really understood what I was asking regarding my follow-up to his read on cancel food related to this, uhhh, but I can see the strength of the read potentially be trying to placate them. I thought his handling of the Dongempire push was odd along similar lines, and that him switching off it so soon felt a little forced to not look like he's holding onto OMGUS. I now see he's since claimed him going in on it so hard was actually a test. I'm going to have to mull over how that shifts it. "Why didn't you ask me if my read changed" is...I'm again not a fan, I didn't see anything in Auro's posts that implied the needle had moved there. (Am I expected to constantly ask him if his reads changed?)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 325, KittyMo wrote:Is "everyone else can see that" in reference to finding Auro scummy?
No, just their attacks on me being poor.

I don't feel locked in enough to attempt to case the dude, though if I desperately needed to generate content, that's probably what I'd try to do.

I'm not surprised hito isn't town reading me yet. I can definitely fake everything I've done this game.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 325, KittyMo wrote:the way he responds to pressure tends to give me "caught for the wrong reasons" vibes
I very much agree with this. I think I had this thought at some point and never remembered to post it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

Eddie Cane would like it to be publicly stated that his two most confident reads are Auro and Hopkirk as town.

I agree for the most part. Definitely on Hopkirk, somewhat less confident but still town reading Auro.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:37 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Yay I don’t have too much to catchup but that will be a little later tonight
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by KittyMo »

V/LA until Saturday, January 11
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: gobble
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 325, KittyMo wrote:I'm going to have to mull over how that shifts it. "Why didn't you ask me if my read changed" is...I'm again not a fan, I didn't see anything in Auro's posts that implied the needle had moved there. (Am I expected to constantly ask him if his reads changed?)
No, you do realize my response was to show that you had made an assumption regarding my lack of read, right? I'm not going to constantly state my readslist on every person, moreso if I'm ending up with a town read/lean on someone not under scrutiny.

@Dann, somehow I feel a little bit uncomfortable with my being the "most confident" town read. Does tw concur?

@"caught for the wrong reasons": Read up *any* of my prior town games, and see if you get the same vibe. :D

@Dunn: Ceph is in your townbloc why..?

@the Joan of Arc point: I think Dunn's reasoning actually makes sense here, and if Gobble's actually scum this would make Joan very likely town to me. However I can also imagine scum!her being coached into naked wagoning and lurking...
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 332, Auro wrote:@Dann, somehow I feel a little bit uncomfortable with my being the "most confident" town read. Does tw concur?
the worst also concurs! Although he has not read the entire game I don't think and has no other reads besides you
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:16 am

Post by gobbledygook »

VLA until Jan 13

Sorry guys I’m way more busy than I thought I would be this week and I’m exhausted by the time I come home everyday. I have a day off on Jan 13 though
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Donempire »

I'm also v/la until 11th of january

I thought i could play in between exams but these are pretty rough and i dont want to burden you with low effort posting
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:22 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Gonna skim over the next couple of hours. Things that I saw from vc. Nsg why are you voting wgeurts? Why are people voting Auro?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:22 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Also damn why the vote on me
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Espeonage »

Welp looks like it's going to be a fun play in to the game phase for me.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Espeonage »

Oh and seeing as it's been a talking point, none of my team have read any of this game.
Don't @ me.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Can we get a replacement on wgeurts or Joan of Arcadia?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Ok. I am caught up. I don't think I am actually going to wall anything, I'm just going to give reads.

Town
KittyMo
Auro
Dann
Dunn
Cephrir
Hopkirk
Espeonage
Joan of Arc
DongEmpire
Formerfish
Wgeurts
NSG
Scum

You can view the Joan of Arc line as the official null line because I have no read on that slot and it is odd that others do have a read on that slot when it has two posts with no content.

Principally, the things that I am most suspect about are...

Dunn being able to extrapolate so much from a Joan of Arc vote on me. I feel like he is projecting and has entered the Death Spiral to get me killed.
NSG stating that Wgeurts was one of the three people in her town block and then not moving her vote despite having ample to time to post several more times after that fact.
Dongempire backing off Cephrir seemed like he realized he went down the wrong path trying to get people to scumread Cephrir. I also feel like Hopkirk is reaching with some of his analysis (particular when it comes to me), but he is very funny so I will townread him to keep him around longer.

I want to vote NSG because she is playing into her scum meta that I saw in Alternative 9P. I find it odd that no one else is commenting on that. It seemed like it was common knowledge across the site since other payers in that game also made that observation.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm very concerned about the level of attention nsg is paying to this game, yes.
Bartleby the Scrivener
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I don't know, independent of her meta tell for being scum, the fact that she left her vote on wgeurts despite naming him as one of her THREE town reads seems pretty bad coming from the Paragon.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Also it is quite unfortunate because I purposefully lurking at the close of the weekend to see if this game would pick up activity if I was not at the center of it and then I had a 20 hour monday and time has just continued to slip away from me. Looking back I shouldn't have purposefully removed myself from the discussion, but live and learn I guess.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Actually reading through the last few pages, where is all this certainty about Hopkirk town coming from?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 305, Dannflor wrote:
In post 300, Dunnstral wrote:If you've never played with them before, why do you think they are town?
Unsure what this question is supposed to mean? Am I not supposed to form reads on people I've never played with before?
I don't understand how you formed that read if meta isn't a part of it. It feels too fast.
In post 306, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 249, Dunnstral wrote:Nevermind, I thought you meant the end of my post reacting to 122 - I totally said that, that's not a read that's lasted this long though. I don't really remember, It was just the feeling I was getting at the time - looking back on it I wouldn't call it town again, which probably isn't what you wanted to hear
When you say you wouldn't call it town do you mean you'd call it scummy, neutral, or not sure? What are you thoughts on whether Dann looks like he's buddyfinding?

Hops 'Hoppery' Hopkirk
I don't think the posts are towny when I look back on them, so they're neutral/not sure for me. I don't know if he's buddyfinding, or if that is scummy or his personality.
In post 312, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 283, Dunnstral wrote:You've never seen town ask other people questions about other peoples scumread on themself?
How's scum answer this vs town?
I think it's a valid question that helps show Espeonage's thought process, even if it doesn't show their alignment on its own. I'm trying to figure out why they are pushing auro
In post 313, Donempire wrote:Im pretty certain on my townreads on Auro, Gobble and Hopkirk right now. I dont want to lynch in these three for today.
How can you be certain on a read on gobble right now?
In post 316, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 302, Dunnstral wrote:Not trying to impede the gobble wagon by arguing semantics or complaining about the game = towny
How confident are you on Gobble here?
He is the scummiest player at this point in the game.
In post 325, KittyMo wrote:
I don't like the strawman here, but your follow-up on it in #300 is ok.
It's not a straw man.
In post 272, Cephrir wrote:you guys this game is so boring.
Consider: being the change you wish to see. My homie thinks you're just null, by the way, which is interesting to me!
You should listen to your homie, Cephrir is much closer to null than to displaying scum motivation in all their posts based on the way they're posting
Joan naked voted and you're pulling this out of that. Are you implying that her posting any kind of content alongside a second vote on a wagon would be
impeding
it?
No, I mean she joined the wagon instead of coming in like "why are people voting gobble" and adding to that sentiment. I admit the read is based on thinking gobble is mafia, but I wouldn't want to lynch joan today regardless, for a separate reason (she's lurking too hard for us to read her properly, and I don't want to policy lynch people in team mafia, which is supposed to be a competitive event)
In post 325, KittyMo wrote: And I guess to speak to my overall read here: I find Dunnstral's play to be measured and reasonable, with his responses to my poking holding up to scrutiny. I'm still looking for something that reads to me as "town" as opposed to "reasonable," though.
OK, you'll find it eventually. It kind of feels like you're holding me to higher standards than the rest of the cast here if you're still thinking I should be voted today, based on a "neutral, but reasonable" read.
In post 325, KittyMo wrote:I think my main problem with Auro at this point is that the way he responds to pressure tends to give me "caught for the wrong reasons" vibes.
I think he does that as town, but I don't have specific examples in mind.
In post 332, Auro wrote:@Dunn: Ceph is in your townbloc why..?
I'm drawing parallels between their play in this game and in a dance game: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=80283

I haven't actually gone back to compare the two; notably that game was MUCH more active than this one

At the very least, I feel that what people are calling him scum for are more likely to be null/nai things
In post 341, gobbledygook wrote:Ok. I am caught up. I don't think I am actually going to wall anything, I'm just going to give reads.

Town
KittyMo
Auro
Dann
Dunn
Cephrir
Hopkirk
Espeonage
Joan of Arc
DongEmpire
Formerfish
Wgeurts
NSG
Scum

You can view the Joan of Arc line as the official null line because I have no read on that slot and it is odd that others do have a read on that slot when it has two posts with no content.

Principally, the things that I am most suspect about are...

Dunn being able to extrapolate so much from a Joan of Arc vote on me. I feel like he is projecting and has entered the Death Spiral to get me killed.
NSG stating that Wgeurts was one of the three people in her town block and then not moving her vote despite having ample to time to post several more times after that fact.
Dongempire backing off Cephrir seemed like he realized he went down the wrong path trying to get people to scumread Cephrir. I also feel like Hopkirk is reaching with some of his analysis (particular when it comes to me), but he is very funny so I will townread him to keep him around longer.

I want to vote NSG because she is playing into her scum meta that I saw in Alternative 9P. I find it odd that no one else is commenting on that. It seemed like it was common knowledge across the site since other payers in that game also made that observation.

OK, your reads make sense to me from your point of view & I like this post.
Except, why are you voting the person you have 4th from the bottom? Over Formerfish, Wgeurts, NSG?

If you have meta info on scum NSG you should share it, I don't know what you are talking about.

VOTE: Formerfish
In post 345, gobbledygook wrote:Actually reading through the last few pages, where is all this certainty about Hopkirk town coming from?
I'm leaning town on him now, for his play in this game, and I've been disregarding most of the stuff about team mafia as a whole which while I feel for him, isn't really alignment indicative
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 343, gobbledygook wrote:I don't know, independent of her meta tell for being scum, the fact that she left her vote on wgeurts despite naming him as one of her THREE town reads seems pretty bad coming from the Paragon.
Do note that this is Team Mafia: even if she rolled scum, her teammates would readily divert some attention here, no? I can't imagine them taking "lurking" as a scum strategy here...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 347, Auro wrote:
In post 343, gobbledygook wrote:I don't know, independent of her meta tell for being scum, the fact that she left her vote on wgeurts despite naming him as one of her THREE town reads seems pretty bad coming from the Paragon.
Do note that this is Team Mafia: even if she rolled scum, her teammates would readily divert some attention here, no? I can't imagine them taking "lurking" as a scum strategy here...
Why aren't they diverting attention here if she's town? It's not like scum games are worth more points than town games. I can't imagine them taking "lurking" as a town strategy either.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I mean I get that this game is significantly shorter than the other games and so people are less likely to be helping here in general, but your argument seems to assume they put her scum game as a priority while they don't care if she's town

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”