OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1799, Hectic wrote:It'll be hilarious if Eddie and Pops is TvT, which is kinda what I'm leaning towards right now.
i thought that all the way back
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

but then

pops lines of thoughts are still too wack yo
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Hectic »

Btw, who was saying Pine dislikes playing scum and that him being active is town-indicative?
He hasn't posted in a while since getting wagoned. :shifty:
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1798, Hectic wrote:
In post 1766, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’ve hydra’d with him and this how town Math would think. He gets a wrong idea into his head and deathtunnels it into oblivion. That is exactly what he did with Kokichi in DnD. Any point I would make to show why he might not be scum got dismissed and he’d get very upset with me for disagreeing with him, so yeah, it totally sounds exactly like what Math would do. I seriously doubt that Math would ever be stupid enough to push scum!Titus to try and mislynch me, so yeah, I think this is town!Titus we’re seeing here.

That’s my point, I don’t believe Math is tr me and that Titus is telling the truth about that.
Right, I see. Depends on whether Titus has told her teammates her alignment or not then I guess. Wish we'd have thought of that at the start.
I just kind of went into this assuming everyone would tell their partners their alignment but not their partners which is why this "fake teammate solve real teammate solve" stuff is going over my head. Playing mafia is hard specifically because you can't not know who the scum are, why would you pass up getting 3 people who can be that?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1766, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’ve hydra’d with him and this how town Math would think. He gets a wrong idea into his head and deathtunnels it into oblivion. That is exactly what he did with Kokichi in DnD. Any point I would make to show why he might not be scum got dismissed and he’d get very upset with me for disagreeing with him, so yeah, it totally sounds exactly like what Math would do. I seriously doubt that Math would ever be stupid enough to push scum!Titus to try and mislynch me, so yeah, I think this is town!Titus we’re seeing here.

That’s my point, I don’t believe Math is tr me and that Titus is telling the truth about that.
Right, I see. Depends on whether Titus has told her teammates her alignment or not then I guess. Wish we'd have thought of that at the start.
He’s also her brother. Titus never did explain why he’s sr Pine and tr you though. While he incorrectly sr town!Sakura in Forgotten Hourglass, he actually got scum!Wisdom right. So, I don’t know how much of his solve is based on a bad sr of me or whether or not he has individual reads on both you and Pine.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think he's playing other games either to be fair, both the Pine replaces-outs I was thinking about he was active in other games.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1803, popsofctown wrote:I just kind of went into this assuming everyone would tell their partners their alignment but not their partners which is why this "fake teammate solve real teammate solve" stuff is going over my head. Playing mafia is hard specifically because you can't not know who the scum are, why would you pass up getting 3 people who can be that?
Oh right... that makes a whole lot of sense. That makes it completely worthless to read someone's alignment based on their team mate's reads.
Unless you think the team mate would never push the player to do something if they knew the player was scum, like what Nancy seems to think with Math and Titus.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1801, OkaPoka wrote:but then

Can't make my mind up on this. The lines of thought are great when you look at them from the right angle, just trying to figure out if that angle is from a townie acute mindset, or a scummy obtuse one.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

hurry up and vote pops before i go back to voting krazy!
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1799, Hectic wrote:It'll be hilarious if Eddie and Pops is TvT, which is kinda what I'm leaning towards right now.
In post 1800, OkaPoka wrote:
i thought that all the way back
Well, she does sound really convinced of those Eddie/Amrun reads and she has to know, neither one is likely to be wagoned today, so maybe?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1807, Hectic wrote:

Can't make my mind up on this. The lines of thought are great when you look at them from the right angle, just trying to figure out if that angle is from a townie acute mindset, or a scummy obtuse one.
is pops anakin skywalker

or

DARTH VADER
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Yeah, that’s really concerning me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Hectic »

Darth Sidius. 100%
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

like ok ive actually recently been in pops shoes similar in baton pass where i went sicko mode on rc

and contextually it was decently similar

but like i feel like pops is still missing a kinda important part of what i think a townie would do here
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1813, OkaPoka wrote:like ok ive actually recently been in pops shoes similar in baton pass where i went sicko mode on rc

and contextually it was decently similar

but like i feel like pops is still missing a kinda important part of what i think a townie would do here
I want to join in the star wars meming and do a great impression of kylo ren's "can you help me?" line
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Hectic »

And what's that? Unless you're intentionally withholding that for now.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1815, Hectic wrote:And what's that? Unless you're intentionally withholding that for now.
i am intentionally withholding to see if pops does it or not
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Eddie has made some pretty reasonable points in hood about whether I am actually pushing the game in a positive direction versus being petulant.

I think Nancy Drew is hinting about that point too.
So maybe I should talk about outside of Amrun/Ed more
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i'm pretty sure i'm not going to do whatever it is you want OkaPoka I never have any idea what people want from me

I just sometimes provide it by accident
That's pretty much how it works for both my alignments
"Well, I..."
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1802, Hectic wrote:Btw, who was saying Pine dislikes playing scum and that him being active is town-indicative?
No, I think you’ve got that backwards. Pine, I think prefers scum and no being active is NAI for him. What is unusual for town!him (unless Team Mafia is an exception to this and still could be?) is him pushing as hard as he was for lynches THIS early in the game. Him trying to ram through your lynch doesn’t sound like typical town!him but like I said, he could be taking TM more seriously but he made a point of specifically saying in one of the games I read that he generally isn’t too active on D1. I don’t recall him trying to drive any lynches in Vengeful Ghosts.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1803, popsofctown wrote:

I just kind of went into this assuming everyone would tell their partners their alignment but not their partners
which is why this "fake teammate solve real teammate solve" stuff is going over my head. Playing mafia is hard specifically because you can't not know who the scum are, why would you pass up getting 3 people who can be that?
Can you explain the bolded because I’m not following?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think Krazy is surprisingly scummy for how little he has been wagoned. He keeps disappearing and reappearing. I'm not very confident about reading him and haven't myself been pushing him because when I played town with him he was super bleh day 1 and obvtowned day 3. But I think that slot is really creepy. Ed asked me to think about the universe where Eddie is IC and I think in that universe it seems even weirder that Krazy is just always there.
DDL is like Krazy lite and has felt really off. Starting off sheeping me seemed like it could be both !hims but more like scum!him and nothing's really gotten super better. Similar to Krazy I trust him to be readable later. But he hasn't been great. I've taken note of how DDL hasn't really gotten teased for having a derpy contribution level to the game the way Elsa has when my gut likes Elsa more so far.
I really don't know whether Pine is scum, I lean town and I don't know if it's pocketing. I kind of don't hate the wagon in the sense that I think it has information and NaCl wagon does not, I don't know what silly person suggested wagoning Elsa, but that also definitely does not.
NaCl is like the definition of a boring wagon I've kind of gone into it about how I feel about that player.
I think that's all the wagons that have ever been popular

pedit: Pine flipped preferences this year, he's stated as such openly
pedit: I assumed everyone who rolled scum would say "I rolled scum but I'm not going to say who my partners are". I'm pretty sure that's what I would do. None of my partners rolled scum so that didn't give me any data.
"Well, I..."
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1806, Hectic wrote:
In post 1803, popsofctown wrote:I just kind of went into this assuming everyone would tell their partners their alignment but not their partners which is why this "fake teammate solve real teammate solve" stuff is going over my head. Playing mafia is hard specifically because you can't not know who the scum are, why would you pass up getting 3 people who can be that?
Oh right... that makes a whole lot of sense. That makes it completely worthless to read someone's alignment based on their team mate's reads.
Unless you think the team mate would never push the player to do something if they knew the player was scum, like what Nancy seems to think with Math and Titus.
I don’t agree with this at all. It depends on those teammates’ reads and whether or not you think they’re coming from either a town or scum mindset. Like why does scum!Titus even mention Math’s reads, since they’re clearly not inline with hers? So this is one case, where I totally believe is legit. Yeah, I don’t believe Math would tell scum!Titus to push me and his deathtunneling me, is also inline with this. I think short of my flip, Math will ignore anything that doesn’t fit with his godawful read on me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1819, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1802, Hectic wrote:Btw, who was saying Pine dislikes playing scum and that him being active is town-indicative?
No, I think you’ve got that backwards. Pine, I think prefers scum and no being active is NAI for him. What is unusual for town!him (unless Team Mafia is an exception to this and still could be?) is him pushing as hard as he was for lynches THIS early in the game. Him trying to ram through your lynch doesn’t sound like typical town!him but like I said, he could be taking TM more seriously but he made a point of specifically saying in one of the games I read that he generally isn’t too active on D1. I don’t recall him trying to drive any lynches in Vengeful Ghosts.
I see. Though I disagree him pushing for a flip 9 days early is indicative of him taking TM more seriously. Just sounds like outright bad play to me if he's town. Why quicklynch instead of using the extra time to: come to a better informed lynch, have more time to form reads, have more data to look for associations later on. Plus, he wanted to quicklynch me before I even came on to give reads or really start playing. I'd said I wasn't playing the prior day because I wasn't feeling it, and he tries to get me lynched before I even come back. I'm glad you've eminded me of some of the reasons for why I'm hard scumreading him.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1821, popsofctown wrote:None of my partners rolled scum so that didn't give me any data.
Ha

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”