Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Answer a question
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1219, Bitmap wrote:Even if Mastina is town we should just lynch her if the 1v1 keeps going, and even if she's scum we would take the forced ceasefire so that we can actually gamesolve and as her pro-town option.
I mean this steaming pile of shit specifically
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1108, Kerset wrote:
In post 1106, jjh927 wrote:There's too many floaty generalisations people have made about how Bitmap plays or has played this game that simply aren't true.
What about generalisations, which where made about mastina?
In post 1118, Kerset wrote:
In post 1116, jjh927 wrote:Show me Alisae making a generalisation about Mastina that you think is inaccurate
Wait you didn't ask for my UwU photos? Ech :(
I don't know mastina as a player, so i can't tell whenever its generalizations are accurate or not. Still you pull things, which are one-sided and it makes me think that you wanted to pull this rather then throw this out of your awareness.
First things that i can quote, without rereading whole game.
Spoiler:
In post 204, Alisae wrote:
In post 197, Bitmap wrote:mastina, can you stop making funny jokes? My team is dying of laughter in the discord channels.

Also wow, you've completely neglected the game to stroke the e-peen of other players while the rest of us are actually trying to solve this game. You and your team are honestly a true inspiration of what it's like to not be pro-town in this game.

Also, please stop stroking hito's ego. He has scum equity that a lot of players/teams have recognized and yet you completely ignore.

Also, please don't infer that I need coaching as scum. Scum is not hard. Town is much harder to play as and I'm leveraging my team to actually work and solve this game unlike you who wants to make a popularity list.
don't get into this fight with mastina
- its unproductive
- you're wasting your energy
- thread health goes down
- its extremely petty
In post 685, Alisae wrote:
In post 677, mastina wrote:
In post 661, Alisae wrote:Do this but just for my slot
You're in luck--I'm in the same mindset I was when I listed you as a townread!

That is to say, rather notably tired.

This mindset isn't the most productive to explaining things but it's the only mindset I can be in to explain the read since it was a read born of this mindset. :P

Basically I didn't intentionally have you as deliberately-unsorted, but I noticed that I wasn't making any effort to really sort you.
In my bout of tiredness, when catching up on the game and reading your posts around that time and the ones from shortly before then that were fresh on mind even though I had read them, I basically liked what I was seeing you do in spite of having the knowledge that I probably shouldn't but the gut-townread from what I was seeing was still there all the same.

Your contributions to this game just look town, mostly. Are they? Ehhh...probably not, it wouldn't surprise me if the people who actually know how to read you well would say you've done nothing that is strongly alignment indicative. And not gonna lie some of your earlier posting did look suspicious but in the very-brief "I am scumreading everyone in this game" sort of way where I realize I'm basically not townreading anyone and force a reset of standards to 'okay reset them to null then just work from there'. But the posting around the time I posted the townread on you was posting that I liked the mindset behind of as being something that it looked like it was genuinely trying to solve the game in.
Earlier I thought it was weird that u didn’t scumread me since u always do when we’re both town.
Now I’m absolutely 100% convinced
I don’t think u have a read on me at all
I think u just know I’m town because r scum
VOTE: mastina
In , JJH said that people were giving vague generalizations to
townread
Bitmap and those were bad reasons to townread Bitmap for.

These Alisae quotes you quoted are reasons to
scumread
mastina. That analogy doesn't work, because the generalization is working in a different direction and besides jjh isn't scumreading mastina. Vague reasons to scumread mastina should probably only serve to reinforce jjh's read there. Basically, how do you expect jjh to have reconsidered his reads based on these quotes?

Also to clear the air real quick, do you like post by Alisae or not? How does this post impact your own read on mastina?

I'm not sure if there are some internally inconsistent thoughts here or if there's some language barrier that I'm not getting through.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 1226, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1219, Bitmap wrote:Even if Mastina is town we should just lynch her if the 1v1 keeps going, and even if she's scum we would take the forced ceasefire so that we can actually gamesolve and as her pro-town option.
So if mastina does end up as town somehow and the other wagon that isn't the 1v1 is town, scum can just support the non 1v1 wagon and just save the 1v1 for down the road. If mastina ends up town and the other wagon ends up scum, then scum can push a lynch to me/mastina. No point in pushing alt wagons because of gamestate since it'll only help scum.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 1228, Bitmap wrote:
In post 1226, jjh927 wrote:
So if mastina does end up as town somehow and the other wagon that isn't the 1v1 is town, scum can just support the non 1v1 wagon and just save the 1v1 for down the road. If mastina ends up town and the other wagon ends up scum, then scum can push a lynch to me/mastina. No point in pushing alt wagons because of gamestate since it'll only help scum.
This was from RC.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by jjh927 »

So are you in favour of making people lynch in you and Mastina or not
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Bitmap »

RC said if she forcing the lynch and not backing down, then since we're town, yes lynch her.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by jjh927 »

"If you don't stop doing this 1V1 I'll continue doing this 1V1"

That's what you sound like
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Bitmap »

ok cool
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Might actually have been helpful in the end because that's what town!RC sounds like
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Things will be better if you deescalate it yourself

Vote Kerset maybe
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I was thinking voting hito but Shadoweh barely posts so it makes me sad.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1212, Jingle wrote:VOTE: Kerset

My levels of give-a-shit are very low atm, but I grok what jj is putting out here and it doesn't make me scared I'm completely wrong about everything.
Yknow what.
Sure.
VOTE: Kerset.
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Reundo »

OK, I finished catching up. Reads:

{Bitmap, Klick} <- TOWN
{Jingle, Mena, Chemist} <- TOWN-LEAN
{hito, Alisae, Shadoweh, Kerset} <- NULL
{ofrhz, jjh} <- SCUM-LEAN
{mastina} <- SCUM

I spent way too long trying to write up an in-depth reads list and only got like halfway-through, then realized it was kind of pointless and a waste of time, which makes me sad. Will probably end up elaborating on these more later, but I'm way too tired as is.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

ok so those are scumreads LOL
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1238, Reundo wrote:OK, I finished catching up. Reads:

{Bitmap, Klick} <- TOWN
{mastina} <- SCUM

I spent way too long trying to write up an in-depth reads list and only got like halfway-through, then realized it was kind of pointless and a waste of time, which makes me sad. Will probably end up elaborating on these more later, but I'm way too tired as is.

Good fucking god is it actually just really that easy?
Is it really just Bitmap-Kerset-Gammaslot?
Because holy shit.
It sure as fuck feels that way.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Why am I a scum lean, Reundo?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1240, mastina wrote:
In post 1238, Reundo wrote:OK, I finished catching up. Reads:

{Bitmap, Klick} <- TOWN
{mastina} <- SCUM

Good fucking god is it actually just really that easy?
Is it really just Bitmap-Kerset-Gammaslot?
Because holy shit.
It sure as fuck feels that way.
That's where my head's at.

I think if I were to make a readslist right now it would look ridiculous because I currently have a reasonably firm TR on everyone in the game who is not those 3 people
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1239, Alisae wrote:ok so those are scumreads LOL
How so?
This is a Parachute.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 1137, jjh927 wrote:I'm not sure why anyone of either alignment goes in with a throwaway defence like that. But it feels very off, so I'm gonna keep pushing.
mastina jingle how are y'all picking up on what jj is doing when even jj doesn't know what jj is doing. I mean in the very strictest sense I have a lot of town reads and kerset being stubbornly null means that he's not a horrible consoloation prize, but come the fuck on y'all it's page 50. maybe lets try to have the barest fucking shred of looking for who is mafia vs town instead of being like "well I have no idea why kerset-scum would be more likely to type that sentence than kerset-town, but hey it sure was a wuh-wuh-waaacccckkkky post huh??" What happened because of Kerset getting a red PM that wouldn't have happened had they got a green PM. who do we think their actions are in service of. like hey y'all if you don't think that Shadoweh being so reactive and self-focused is a scum indicator, talk to me about it! I change my mind fast! but it is kind of fucking galling to keep a bead on that and learn that a more compelling theory than "I think the punitively frustrated person who's actually focused on responses and reaction is a good scum candidate" is "haha what's THAT post about? I sure don't know!!"

the one bright side to this is that I think it reflects better on jj that he's still sniping Bitmap from Kerset-wagon; feel like the whole point of scum-jj jumping to Kerset would be to ignore Bitmap and just get a lynch locked in
In post 1236, Bitmap wrote:I was thinking voting hito but Shadoweh barely posts so it makes me sad.
terrible post, for two reasons

1. What does Shadoweh posting or not have to do with what role PM I received
2. Given that you said:
In post 1201, Bitmap wrote:Also hito, on mastina red flip, I'd probably suspect jj for protecting scum and one of the mastina fence sitters. On green flip, I'd probably suspect you the most.
Why is your instinct to switch to the person who's suspicious on a mastina
greenflip?
Aren't you
really sure
she's flipping red?

we all know reundo sucks, if it sucks because he's scum it'll probably be obvious quick, hey reundo 1.) why did you think in-depth reads would be pointless 2.) what reads did your team have waiting for you.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

hm why are you trying to manipulate others’ opinions on a post with “we all know”
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Jingle »

Honestly Hito? I’m not worried about parsing the you/shadow fight right now any more than I am the mastina/bitmap fight. I remember liking things from both of you but not what those things are, which makes me think the whole thing will be easier to manage with context. I may not know which of you if either is scum, but you’re both making enough arguments that I am confident I can figure that out in the future.

Kers otoh is acting unnaturally to the other big 1v1 and I’m getting severe flying under the radar vibes.
In post 1244, hitogoroshi wrote:we all know reundo 1238 sucks, if it sucks because he's scum it'll probably be obvious quick, hey reundo 1.) why did you think in-depth reads would be pointless 2.) what reads did your team have waiting for you.
But like... is it?
This is a Parachute.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:11 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 1245, Chemist1422 wrote:hm why are you trying to manipulate others’ opinions on a post with “we all know”
great question! mostly I said 'we all know it sucks" because of how much we all know it sucks, hope that helps

but no real talk I think actually my motivation is avoiding someone sidling up and being like "hey, that post where reundo just summarized a flat read tiers list with no context over 50 pages and voted on the top wagon? it's...bad vote reundo." either the post is bad because he's scum who can't make himself fake a bunch of reasons for his read, he's town who just didn't try, or the spicy double-double option where he happens to have randed scum but would have had a similar post as town. if it's the first one, then great, someone who can't fake town thought process today probably can't fake it tomorrow and it should get pretty easy in a matter of days. In the meantime I don't want reundo to be a place where people can just park because of post quality without actually bringing alignment in to it because it looks suspiciously like there is a big market in this town for that sort of thing!
In post 1246, Jingle wrote: Kers otoh is acting unnaturally to the other big 1v1 and I’m getting severe flying under the radar vibes.
I swear the blood vessels in my eyes are going to explode, how is Kerset randomly antagonizing jj's Bitmap case more "flying under the radar" than Shadoweh limiting herself to direct responses and an extremely unspecific commendation of mastina<->bitmap
In post 1244, hitogoroshi wrote:we all know reundo 1238 sucks, if it sucks because he's scum it'll probably be obvious quick, hey reundo 1.) why did you think in-depth reads would be pointless 2.) what reads did your team have waiting for you.
But like... is it?
Sorry mate I have literally no idea what question you're trying to ask here
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Jingle »

Shadoweh is actively trying to get you lynched afaict. Not particularly effectively, but the effort is there.

And I meant to type does it, as in, does1238 really suck.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Jingle »

TBC, I did read your post and I understand what you’re saying wrt the lack of reasoning, but no reasoning in one post doesn’t mean further reasoning isn’t forthcoming.

Your issue seems to be that this one post isn’t a post that we can conclusively read reundo off of alone, but I don’t know why you’d expect it would be.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”