popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2295, Amrun wrote:
In post 2285, popsofctown wrote:I don't want to argue with you Amrun.
Whatever point you are making I concede the point.
I was explaining a past thought process to Bob because he asked me nicely not canvassing Amrun votes.
How can I deepen or change my read of you if you refuse to engage?

I just completely reversed my reads in LyLo. I’m not afraid to be wrong.
Well I'm saying I don't want to double down.

Maybe I'm projecting some other slots' behavior onto you but tons of people have asked me to explain a read or thought I've already explained before that I thought was borderline clear which has the effect of girding me into the same position, possibly triggering confbias, doubling my unpopularity if it was an unpopular thought the first time around, and like, I feel like at least 1 person doing it is doing it in bad faith as scum to manipulate me into an even worse gamestate even though they already understood me well enough to move along.

I don't want to double down but my thinking at the time was that you'd volunteer a NaCl case if you had one as he was largely uncased.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2336, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2332, Hectic wrote:Lul, how is it advantageous for you if you're town? If you don't tell them, won't they just assume you're town?
If they do assume you're town, then there's no downside, and no reason not to do it because of the hypothetical benefit.
I still don't understand this. You just said that you didn't tell your teammates your alignment. What's the hypothetical plus side if you
know
you're town? Why not just tell them you're town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

There isn't one. But I didn't know I was going to be town when I decided to do that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2339, Krazy wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=11500982#p11500982]
Idk, Krazy. At first, you were uncertain about him and were leaning town, but now you're regarding basically every action of his as scummy. Is this because his play got severely worse overall, or is scum!you shifting your perception? Could also be town tunnelling of course.
Yeah, when I realized he was trying to provoke a fight with me and wasn't trying to sort me he lost the benefit of the doubt.

Actually Ank did something that made me briefly reconsider last night but in the end I decided it wasn't enough and isn't worth discussing right now

I thought for a while ank had just fucked up his read but now I see no indication he hasn't approached the entire game with a scum agenda
Explain how you think Ank is approaching the game with a scum agenda?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Hectic »

Huh.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2350, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2295, Amrun wrote:
In post 2285, popsofctown wrote:I don't want to argue with you Amrun.
Whatever point you are making I concede the point.
I was explaining a past thought process to Bob because he asked me nicely not canvassing Amrun votes.
How can I deepen or change my read of you if you refuse to engage?

I just completely reversed my reads in LyLo. I’m not afraid to be wrong.
Well I'm saying I don't want to double down.

Maybe I'm projecting some other slots' behavior onto you but tons of people have asked me to explain a read or thought I've already explained before that I thought was borderline clear which has the effect of girding me into the same position, possibly triggering confbias, doubling my unpopularity if it was an unpopular thought the first time around, and like, I feel like at least 1 person doing it is doing it in bad faith as scum to manipulate me into an even worse gamestate even though they already understood me well enough to move along.

I don't want to double down but my thinking at the time was that you'd volunteer a NaCl case if you had one as he was largely uncased.
But why would I need to have a case to think he’s scummy?

He’s easily my weakest scumread and I don’t really have good reasons but the wagon isn’t awful. It’s just not my favorite wagon.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=76031 - This is my second last scum game on site and one I actually care about (as I would care about a hypothetical scum pm in TM), as far as I can remember. In a playerlist much stronger than this one, as well.

viewtopic.php?t=78822&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go - this was last year, as well. Did not play very well, it was a stupid 4 scum mini normal and I memed and hard bussed my partner Boon back and forth day 1, and decided to 1v1 RC for fun.

Does either look similar to here? I think tonally, its pretty black and white. Especially the former, which is the game I actively tried in. But yours to evaluate.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I would rearrange the hoods to hang out with a friend, Hectic.

There are several friends in this game I could enjoy chatting with without being aligned

I could go Starry Night and just discuss Advance Wars editions in the game thread I guess. I feel like that'd be a great improvement actually

This is out of order, Hectic made preview edit.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2341, Eddie Cane wrote:Let me illustrate what's happening. Krazy knows I'm very townie via my teammates, so he's pushing the world that I didn't tell my teammates I'm scum.

@Nancy @auro

you cannot still think he's lock town. i can't believe that.
I’m not really sure how closely Auro is following the game.

No, he just said that Ank was approaching the game from a scum mindset.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Krazy »

Eddie it's not poisoning the well, it's the truth. Her readrate on me is 0%. If you were town you would have considered this and maybe had a real conversation about us. Town would see that as the start of a conversation not the end of one. You have constantly been shutting me out for the entire game and not once have I felt like you were actually trying to read me and not just push me
vote conspiracy
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

When you first posted that, she said it was disingenuous. Are you telling me I should consider my teammate is lying? Like what
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

And it isn't just Ank. Its also Tom, who is much more active than Ank. And Dann, for whatever a skim popin is worth. And myself now, because I feel everything you've posted in the last ~20 pages has been narrative building and not real thoughts.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2357, popsofctown wrote:I would rearrange the hoods to hang out with a friend, Hectic.

There are several friends in this game I could enjoy chatting with without being aligned

I could go Starry Night and just discuss Advance Wars editions in the game thread I guess. I feel like that'd be a great improvement actually

This is out of order, Hectic made preview edit.
Fair enough, Titus isn't very talkative so I see where you're coming from honestly.

What what what?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2353, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2339, Krazy wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=11500982#p11500982]
Idk, Krazy. At first, you were uncertain about him and were leaning town, but now you're regarding basically every action of his as scummy. Is this because his play got severely worse overall, or is scum!you shifting your perception? Could also be town tunnelling of course.
Yeah, when I realized he was trying to provoke a fight with me and wasn't trying to sort me he lost the benefit of the doubt.

Actually Ank did something that made me briefly reconsider last night but in the end I decided it wasn't enough and isn't worth discussing right now

I thought for a while ank had just fucked up his read but now I see no indication he hasn't approached the entire game with a scum agenda
Explain how you think Ank is approaching the game with a scum agenda?

That's not what I said. Ank is probably uninformed of his alignment and is doing ank stuff and he's approaching the game with a scum agenda
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2360, Eddie Cane wrote:When you first posted that, she said it was disingenuous. Are you telling me I should consider my teammate is lying? Like what
Town would have asked how often ank is right on me

You did not, instead you shut it down and accused me of being scum, which is an overreaction
vote conspiracy
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

that's not what the word overreaction means
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

you said "Ank's baseline is being wrong"
Ank said that is disingenuous

why would I need further questioning on that topic? its cut and dry
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

also

I told Tom you are arguing i didn't tell my teammates my role pm
and his reaction was a synonym of LMFAO
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2366, Eddie Cane wrote:you said "Ank's baseline is being wrong"
Ank said that is disingenuous

why would I need further questioning on that topic? its cut and dry
That's not a town mindset because you are making peesumptions about how my relationship with ank works. Like you don't know me. I don't know how well you know Ank but I feel like you spent this game trying to create conflict between me and people in your team rather than solve my fucking alignment

So are you scum or a colossal fucking asshole? I'm inclined to think scum because I don't think you're that much of a douche
vote conspiracy
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Why is everything a personal attack with you?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2367, Eddie Cane wrote:also

I told Tom you are arguing i didn't tell my teammates my role pm
and his reaction was a synonym of LMFAO
Obviously fake

Ducks can only say quack
vote conspiracy
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Sorry Krazy what exactly is your theory against eddie?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2368, Krazy wrote:trying to create conflict between me and
people in your team
you guys think this is a real town thought? like actually?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2369, Eddie Cane wrote:Why is everything a personal attack with you?
I don't think it's a personal attack dude, you're just scum.
vote conspiracy
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2368, Krazy wrote:So are you scum or a colossal fucking asshole?
This is not a personal attack?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”