Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Hectic »

I don't think you're scum because I think you lied about your alignment to your teammates, Eddie. That's a stupid way to justify whether people believe your teammate's reads. Your teammates are capable players who can probably fabricate believable reads as scum anyway, so I don't think people should townread/scumread Eddie for those reads, especially when the reads don't come with the tone, presentation or other little things that you could usually observe about town/scum!Ank/Tom's reads if that makes sense.
Why are you focusing on defending yourself on that aspect, Eddie? Who's actually scumreading you on that other than Krazy, who's gone now?

Pops is top town for me now besides Nancy, I think. Eddie's slightly below average, but I'd still rather lynch Pine, Titus, and Elsa Jay over him. I might sheep Amrun on thinking this is town!DDL not going with the flow, but need to reISO him at some point.
Speaking of, where you at, Pine?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 am

Post by bob3141 »

Nacl were do you feel your vote is best placed. We have 3 going wagons. 2 with 4 votes and one with 3 votes.

Out of them if you had to pick who would it be and why. Even if you feel you dont want to pick either of them as you think they are all town. And will not vote for either.

So you are faced with the deciding vote and you had 3 options. Pine, pop and eddie or no lynch. Who would you pick and why?

And if there 3 optiosn you dont want who do you want to be one. And why not cast you vote tehre to show it in the VC. So far I cant see a vote you have been involved in thats got over 2 votes apart from your rvs vote on elsa that got caught in wagon.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 am

Post by unwnd »

So from that understanding Pops/Eddie is another thing that happened? Was under the slight impression it was Me/Krazy? My read is Pops is supposed to be good but turns out to be historically bad unfortunately.

Also uh what's the deadline? I've seen the VCs and it keeps just saying it's in 5 days
Stop
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:41 am

Post by bob3141 »

the game started on teh 3rd and the days are 14 days long.

So 17th ish is where teh deadline is I think
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 2515, bob3141 wrote:
In post 2493, Hectic wrote:But also agree with I think it was SS saying Bob is actually interrogating and solving. I'll find the VCA in the large game later.
That large game was just to much for it. AS it works by tracking every vote

still i got titus and arron with it. Even if i did miss rick but that was because i believed his doc claim and never factored him in. I hate red herrings, i fall for them to often.
Do you normally do this VCA on day 1 before there's any flips? Thinking back, you did it in the large game several days in iirc.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:50 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2529, Hectic wrote:
In post 2515, bob3141 wrote:
In post 2493, Hectic wrote:But also agree with I think it was SS saying Bob is actually interrogating and solving. I'll find the VCA in the large game later.
That large game was just to much for it. AS it works by tracking every vote

still i got titus and arron with it. Even if i did miss rick but that was because i believed his doc claim and never factored him in. I hate red herrings, i fall for them to often.
Do you normally do this VCA on day 1 before there's any flips? Thinking back, you did it in the large game several days in iirc.

varries. That game i had no easy vc to go through to analysis. It wasnt till day 3 that i was prepared to collect the data myself and it was draining.

Just depends when im looking at teh vote counts allot. I tend to bounce around the different VCa looking at all the comments and votes around it.

Lookign for both those on teh wagon and those that have no reason not to be on it. in earlier game then first scum i found with it was because he wasnt on the main lynch.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2527, unwnd wrote:So from that understanding Pops/Eddie is another thing that happened? Was under the slight impression it was Me/Krazy? My read is Pops is supposed to be good but turns out to be historically bad unfortunately.

Also uh what's the deadline? I've seen the VCs and it keeps just saying it's in 5 days
Look at .
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2530, bob3141 wrote:varries. That game i had no easy vc to go through to analysis. It wasnt till day 3 that i was prepared to collect the data myself and it was draining.

Just depends when im looking at teh vote counts allot. I tend to bounce around the different VCa looking at all the comments and votes around it.

Lookign for both those on teh wagon and those that have no reason not to be on it. in earlier game then first scum i found with it was because he wasnt on the main lynch.
You made those intermediary VCs yourself for that analysis? That's some dedication right there. Can we have a shotgun reads list from you btw? Don't think I recall seeing one from you.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

lost in the commotion is

where is pine
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2532, Hectic wrote:
In post 2530, bob3141 wrote:varries. That game i had no easy vc to go through to analysis. It wasnt till day 3 that i was prepared to collect the data myself and it was draining.

You made those intermediary VCs yourself for that analysis? That's some dedication right there. Can we have a shotgun reads list from you btw? Don't think I recall seeing one from you.
yep. I recorded every vote cast with its post number. And every time it hit 12:00 Am gmt i copied the list below a divider for the next day and continued. When the day was done i deleted all the duplicate votes by deleting the oldest ones per day.

It took quite bit of time that was taken away from reading the game but it what i use to navigate the game. So much so I only did the raw data on the last one and never realy cleaned it up.

-----

Yep not somethign i realy do as my reads tend to be in constant flux but a snap shot of now.

Im thinking smart, oka and armum are town.

Quite allot of players are still rather null to me

currently deliberating on eddie vs pops and leaning slightly to it being TvT

Krazy did feel off to me.

Got no real strong scum reads at the moment.

My gut feeling is that scum I think would be trying to get their naigbhour lynched. So am suspicious of any neighbour focusing on their neighbour for scum reads. As it would make sense if they could. But are they?

----
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2534, bob3141 wrote:My gut feeling is that scum I think would be trying to get their naigbhour lynched. So am suspicious of any neighbour focusing on their neighbour for scum reads. As it would make sense if they could. But are they?
why? from a townie's perspective, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum. Also, doesn't it make scum look really bad if they get their neighbour lynched and they flip town? Makes the probability of them being scum - statistically speaking - severely go up.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2522, Titus wrote:
In post 2521, OkaPoka wrote:i think unwnd lynch > pops
Yeah no.

Not feeling lynching a slot that apparently had a breakdown today.

What Eddie said about the Pops wagon is largely true.
But all they’re doing is posturing and making excuses. They haven’t yet posted a single town indicative thing. This I not getting my teammates’ reads - in light of unwind doing jack and then just spreading doubt on Pops’ temmates’ reads, without making even one game contribution, doesn’t even make you the least bit suspicious? At least Krazy was doing SOMETHING, his replacement is doing NOTHING.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2286, Pine wrote:
In post 2282, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 2280, Pine wrote:
In post 2279, Krazy wrote:Why were you taking a break from this game?
Because I'd lost my cool and started to question a number of my reads. Hectic turning out Towny and the missteps surrounding nearly lynching him got me way off-balance. Eddie suggested I take a break from the game and I thought it was a good idea. I'm fresh and ready to catch up with a clear head.

My team has been keeping up to various degrees. Kuribo in particular wrote a page and a half, but I skimmed over it because I don't want it to influence me too much until I read myself. Then I'll try to summarize kuribo, mastina, and xtoxm's thoughts.
Have fun bro, hopefully you help me kill pops and krazy and dont fall into their shitty pockets :)
Last I checked, Pops was Town and Krazy was scum, so I'm on board for 50% of that.

I'm setting aside a couple of hours after dinner (cooking now) so we'll see after that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2499, NaCl wrote:
In post 2490, unwnd wrote:My last post was a half-truth. The reality of the situation is that I am personally opposed to receiving help but also they are no longer caught up with the game, therefore I would like to speak of my own merit.
Why didn't you just say that the first time, though?
In post 2492, Hectic wrote:@NaCl: It was because of Bob's recent posts. I've seen this type of VCA from him before where he insists most wagons have 1 scum on them and tries to PoE using that logic. Mind you, I don't entirely agree with the theory, but his persistence about it is consistent with my other games with him. Though, I haven't actually played with scum!him so that's something to note.
This is useful and I'll wait on seeing what you're specifically talking about before I say more.
In post 2495, Amrun wrote:@NaCl: How didn’t I answer your question about bob? Can you be more specific, then? Because I thought I did.

That wall about me and pops not being s/s is fine and all, and factually accurate, but none of it says why if pops flips green then you’d suddenly scumread me.
For bob, I was asking about his more recent posts. I mostly wanted to know if and were something you were townreading him of off and if so, why.

As for you, it's because I'd believe that if it came from someone else other than pops really easily. I'd feel much more confident in the lynch if I knew that she was town.
I’ve seen him do VCA as scum. Those posts in particular I don’t pick out as town, no.

If pops is town, NaCl is exponentially more likely to be scum. I feel like he’s setting himself up to BoP a dead town into a second mislynch.

If pops flips red, it’s null.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

^or maybe even a little +town on pops red flip
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2497, DrDolittle wrote:@amrun gnr gave me more information on how to read. I think I lean more town you here?
Why? What did it change?

Were you still thinking I would flip scum there?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2535, Hectic wrote:from a townie's perspective, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
*3/11

There are 11 townies with neighbors, and 3 of them have scum neighbors.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2507, unwnd wrote:
In post 2506, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2504, unwnd wrote:It actually offends me if you think I'm trying to posture lol
I’m not implying anything AI but that your entrance like Amrun has already pointed out has been based on nothing other than your anti-teammate read stance and yes, that qualifies as posturing to me. No one really cares about your philosophy pro/con/whatever on using team reads, we just need something to try to help us sort you and you obviously haven’t given us anything yet. Not meaning to be harsh but none of it was helpful.
You've yet to tell me why team reads are more beneficial than the person participating in this game right now
Personally idgaf about your team reads but you could have at least had your team catch you up to the basic context of the game that you are refusing to read so :/
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2541, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2535, Hectic wrote:from a townie's perspective, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
*3/11

There are 7 neighbourhoods and 3 of which have scum in them. So if you're town, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2525, Hectic wrote:I don't think you're scum because I think you lied about your alignment to your teammates, Eddie. That's a stupid way to justify whether people believe your teammate's reads. Your teammates are capable players who can probably fabricate believable reads as scum anyway, so I don't think people should townread/scumread Eddie for those reads, especially when the reads don't come with the tone, presentation or other little things that you could usually observe about town/scum!Ank/Tom's reads if that makes sense.
Why are you focusing on defending yourself on that aspect, Eddie? Who's actually scumreading you on that other than Krazy, who's gone now?

Pops is top town for me now besides Nancy, I think. Eddie's slightly below average, but I'd still rather lynch Pine, Titus, and Elsa Jay over him. I might sheep Amrun on thinking this is town!DDL not going with the flow, but need to reISO him at some point.
Speaking of, where you at, Pine?
If pops is top town why would you sheep me on DDL?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2541, Something_Smart wrote:
*3/11

Oh, wait, you're right, because knowing you're town decreases the likelihood of scum being in your neighbourhood, so it's not 3/7.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2544, Amrun wrote:If pops is top town why would you sheep me on DDL?
You're a townlean, what does Pops being town have to do with it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2543, Hectic wrote:There are 7 neighbourhoods and 3 of which have scum in them. So if you're town, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
That isn't how math works. If you were to label the players like:

Scum 1 - Town 1
Scum 2 - Town 2
Scum 3 - Town 3
Town 4 - Town 5
Town 6 - Town 7
Town 8 - Town 9
Town 10 - Town 11

A townie has an equal chance of being in any of those 11 town slots. If they happen to be in Town 1, Town 2 or Town 3 (3/11 chance), their neighbor is scum; otherwise, their neighbor is town.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Hectic »

I got the impression you know DDL's play well/know him irl, or is this not true?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2547, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2543, Hectic wrote:There are 7 neighbourhoods and 3 of which have scum in them. So if you're town, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
That isn't how math works. If you were to label the players like:

Scum 1 - Town 1
Scum 2 - Town 2
Scum 3 - Town 3
Town 4 - Town 5
Town 6 - Town 7
Town 8 - Town 9
Town 10 - Town 11

A townie has an equal chance of being in any of those 11 town slots. If they happen to be in Town 1, Town 2 or Town 3 (3/11 chance), their neighbor is scum; otherwise, their neighbor is town.
Yeah, you're right.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”