ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1757, Reundo wrote:While reading the game on catch-up, ofrhz never made a strong impression on me or did anything I thought was especially towny or couldn't come from scum
Ftr I think this is really scummy

This sounds like it should be a null read?

But Reundo had 4 null reads when making his reads list and had me as a scum lean. Like ???
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Bitmap, Reundo is no longer at L-1 so I think I’ll keep my vote there for now. But what’s up?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1873, jjh927 wrote:Show me on the sample role PM what you think is missing, Mastina
In post 4, PenguinPower wrote:
Spoiler: Sample Role PM
高倉 陽毬 (Himari Takakura)

Welcome, [username]! You are 高倉 陽毬 (Himari Takakura), a
MafiaScum Anime Avatar Resistance Fighters (MAARF)
member.

Your Abilities
  • MAARF Tactical Response Unit
    : During the day phase, you may use this unit to vote to lynch one player.
Your Win Condition
  • Make MafiaScum Safe Again
    : You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one MAARF member alive.
Good luck, have fun, and save our Anime Avatars.
As in, "what do you think is missing from Reundo's claim that's in the sample role PM"?
That'd be backwards.
It's what's missing from the sample role PM that is in Reundo's claim.
In post 1757, Reundo wrote:And as for my claim: my role is Domokun, I don't have any abilities outside of my vote (so basically a VT).
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

sarcasticly: wow mastina, I have no idea what it could possibly be. Would you care to tell us?
GTKAS
| here.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Bitmap »

NSG posting

-------

@Chemist

So I've thought about your early game posting somewhat and thought it was somewhat uninspiring, and didn't see any point from there to really townread you or increase that read. I recall in some of the pop-ins that you had that I believed to be fairly lacklustre (sorry but no offense). It's not that I overtly scumread you but you are in my PoE.

I'm well aware that other people or well a lot of other people town read you and while Mathdino would tell me to trust them, I sort of wanted to verify a bit of what they were saying for myself and haven't had the time to get around to it. There is a distinct and important difference between a math dino "trust someone when they claim 100% townreads backed up over multiple games (sometimes)" and "trusting the general consensus on players/people". One might consider that to be a poignant difference (inside joke btw).
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Bitmap »

NSG posting

------

@ofrhz

My scum pool is more of a PoE than a bunch of scumreads. Jingle town read is a super weak one and I don't expect or intend to sway anyone on it.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Bitmap »

NSG really really likes this game for some reason. Idk why so I'm going to let her play more of this while I look at our other games and don't tilt from this one.

If you don't like this, I can give you RC instead.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by Bitmap »

RC wanted to leave a message here

------

Just wanted to let you guys know that I can't be assed to attempt to carry y'all because most of you guys are like legit un-carriable right now.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Are you sure he meant for you to put that message here and not in the scum PT
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Can't wait to be done with this game and see town throwing away the advice of 2 paragon level players because people in this game believe they're better than Paragon level yet never get suggested or come even close to it.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 1885, Bitmap wrote:Can't wait to be done with this game and see town throwing away the advice of 2 paragon level players because people in this game believe they're better than Paragon level yet never get suggested or come even close to it.
This sentence came from 100% me.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

Ah yes let’s fear monger over everyone else by boasting about how ur just better than everyone else
GTKAS
| here.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by jjh927 »

This isn't far at all off what Bitmap complained about Mastina doing
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by Klick »

^ was about to say that >_<
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Klick »

So I feel like the Reundo wagon is extremely lazy and that there's an unusual amount of reaching to have an excuse to lynch an empty slot.

Why not just lynch the slot because it's empty and you have a lot of townreads?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Menalque »

sup, I was out of town for a friend's birthday yesterday but I'm back now

did we lynch reundo yet?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Menalque »

Ali, stop trying to make lynching bitmap today happen

it's never going to happen
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1858, jjh927 wrote:Bitmap is the least likely of the three to be scum though
In post 1859, jjh927 wrote:I'd rather lynch people who I'm more confident will flip scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Menalque »

like if we're right on all reundo + kerset then if bitmap is the 3rd what r u worried he's gonna do at that point? survive through like 4 mislynches and endgame?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Menalque »

I gotta do a couple of presentations for work tomorrow then I'll be getting back to you @mastina @ofrhz
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1894, Menalque wrote:like if we're right on all reundo + kerset then if bitmap is the 3rd what r u worried he's gonna do at that point? survive through like 4 mislynches and endgame?
I’m quoting this after Bitmap wins in F3

that is all
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:30 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1890, Klick wrote:So I feel like the Reundo wagon is extremely lazy and that there's an unusual amount of reaching to have an excuse to lynch an empty slot.

Why not just lynch the slot because it's empty and you have a lot of townreads?
I was under the working impression that the slot being empty and having lots of town reads, and having legitimate reason to suspect the slot, aren't mutually exclusive stances.

The Reundo wagon comes from a number of reasons, half of which are indeed due to the emptiness of it when combined with townreads elsewhere, but I don't think that those reasons are exclusively why the slot is suspect.

The slot is suspicious because:
-Gamma had a long absence from this game before posting, not due to siteflaking, unexplained.
-When Gamma did show up, his contribution was lackluster.
-When the slot was replaced, Reundo took a while to post, did an empty readslist, and disappeared.
-This readlist was incredibly suspect.
-Reundo's follow through shows a disconnect between the readslist and his explanation of it.
-Reundo's VT claim is suspect due to his phrasing not matching the town roles.
-Bad interactions with Bitmap/Kerdet slots.
As a quick incomplete short list of them.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:59 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 1763, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 1723, Alisae wrote:your tone here suggests to me that you think those reads are bizarre. To me that comes up as a red flag because I don't see as scum why she imploys that strategy when its easier to just put the whole bloc as town
Have thoughts on this but it makes more sense to wait and hear what ofrhz says first. I think you're kinda missing what I think the suspicious thing is but if you are that means ofrhz might also, which means we could get an answer that's really revealing in either direction.
Looping back on this now that ofrhz responded - I think saying "wouldn't fake reads A be more strategic than fake reads B" is already sorta putting more intent behind this than exists, if that makes sense. I imagine the whole reason this works is just because scum isn't doing the extra work to read their TRs and see what they think, since they aren't trying to figure out any alignments. And it's more of a not-paying-attention thing.

I actually like Kerset even if I disagree with it, feels like a legit tunnel rather than an affected one if that makes sense. I guess the question, though, is whether Kerset is a player who can be death tunneled and still be as factually wrong as points out. I know that *my* tunnels leave me hyper-sensitive to what the person is actually posting (which is not to say that my tunnels are always right; just that I don't say *objectively* wrong things because the whole point of tunneling is how much attention I'm paying). Oh, I guess his answer is is that he's talking about just the votes. Kerset that's a goofy answer because both votes were upgrades to join along with bigger wagons on equivalent suspects. It's not like mastina did it only after you voted her she did it only after your wagon was more viable than Bitmaps

IDK maybe Kerset slot has to die at some point but I'm getting some real false positive vibes here my dudes
In post 1874, ofrhz wrote: I think this is where you’re expecting me to townread Alisae or at least not scumread Alisae because 1) they’re voting reundo and even rejuvenated that wagon and 2) they’ve also arrived at town!mastina and co.
Well, and also the converse - it was definitely mastina and jjh pulling Alisae in to the bloc, and if you think they were wrong to do so I would think you'd have something to say to them.
Speaking generally, I also don’t particularly think it’s a good idea to townread someone simply because they have the same views as you. scum may feel like they need to bus and participate in the echo chamber to inject themselves in the town block. at best, it’s a “save this Alisae read for later” when we have some flips, which is incidentally kind of where I’m at right now.
Oh okay this makes more sense though. If your second-to-last tier is 'punt for later' then like...yeah whatever if you have Literally One Scum Read then I guess it makes enough sense you don't care about Alisae skew yet. It's kinda sus on it's own merits to be this deep in things and say "really, I only think one player is scum, and it's the dude who is the easiest lynch by an order of magnitude" but it's not a cohesion issue then it's just good old fashioned hitting easy targets, which is sometimes scummy but sometimes the easy targets are easy for a reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

k fine truce contingent on next post having 1.) best next lynches on each of reundos flips and 2.) shadoweh read

UNVOTE: ofrhz

cutting off my revote in a separate post for ~power~
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:59 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 1883, Bitmap wrote:RC wanted to leave a message here

------

Just wanted to let you guys know that I can't be assed to attempt to carry y'all because most of you guys are like legit un-carriable right now.
In post 1885, Bitmap wrote:Can't wait to be done with this game and see town throwing away the advice of 2 paragon level players because people in this game believe they're better than Paragon level yet never get suggested or come even close to it.
Okay this is my god damn limit for assuming good faith reasons for your touchiness, there is absolutely no way this is an earnest expression of belief. Your 2 "paragon level players" don't agree with
each other
. One of them has parked on me ages ago and has subsequently dodged every single opportunity I've nudged to push my wagon or engage with me, hoping to catch me in a lie. The other one doesn't have any sort of read on me (but also no problem on you being parked on me?) and her scum pool is apparently "a bunch of PoE"? Y'all are sitting and fuming that we "can't be carried" because we're "throwing away your advice" to...do fucking *what*? Lynch hito who we're not talking about, but also hito is more of a null read and we should lynch in my PoE pool of 4, one of which we're in the process of lynching?

It is fine to not have coherent beliefs but there's just no way you all have this much internal skew and uncertainty on reads while simultaneously being frustrated we're "not listening to you" and throwing out exactly the same "You are bad players" arguments that your team apparently finds extremely offensive.

ali lets fuckin GO

VOTE: Bitmap

next post from me will be greatest hits from the hito/Bitmap dual ISO showing how little interest Bitmap actually has in pushing this read he and RC are apparently mad at everyone for not sheeping
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I've never seen oh my god you suck strategy taken to this limit before. You really do just hate people that want to vote you huh?

I've been pondering whether I should say this tbh but I feel like Kerset majorly townslipped earlier and we shouldn't even be considering voting them.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”