Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Don’t do it for me then do it for the rest of town.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I have only had 1 game this year where postgame didn't vindicate me.

I can't change your thoughts now. I doubt that your thoughts will change after flips are out and your reads are confirmed shit. You'll just blame everyone else like you always do.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 pm

I don't want to commit evidence before Ari has gotten back.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:49 pm

Everyone knows how to get on your good side.

Duckling spending half the game making simpering Oh you're my SAVIOR Mathblade thank you for your HEROICS and you're just like yeah that is absolutely the towniest town to ever town town. Lesson learned from Civ mafia? Nothing.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2203, RadiantCowbells wrote:Everyone knows how to get on your good side.

Duckling spending half the game making simpering Oh you're my SAVIOR Mathblade thank you for your HEROICS and you're just like yeah that is absolutely the towniest town to ever town town. Lesson learned from Civ mafia? Nothing.
You realize Ari was doing the same?

I do see that you know.

They might just also be honest too.

Almost every player here has complimented me for being nice and patient and townie except you. They can’t all be scum. I would rather be wrong and enjoy the game then right and make it shit.

I am also learning by listening my teammates. I get you’re smearing me rather than arguing your case. It’s antitown to let that continue. Case TW+Plum or I bounce.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:58 pm

Actually
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:01 pm

Ari is literally that person by nature.

He would do it as scum. He would do it as town.

TW doing it is very much not standard TW fare.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

MathBlade has executed Bounce.exe see you tomorrow
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:03 pm

And uhh I genuinely tried to be nice in the early game before this devolved into your wanting to lynch all my townreads, hard defending my scumreads, and trying to BoP lynch me on a flip I didn't want.

Man Math you understand that every single time I read one of your posts I want to like get angry or something because you in mafia are just offensive to me. I'm sorry. I dislike everything about the way you play mafia and how you see yourself in mafia. Me containing it as much as I have is a miracle tbh.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:15 pm

You need to realize

That you yourself are the reason that I can't vote Ari
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:31 pm

I truly personally still think it's Ari Plum TW.

I can case any 1 of the 3 off of associatives with both of the other 2.

But you have on so tight a leash that I have to create all this discord because I can't take that whatever % of the game just being thrown.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Eh
I'm really not sure who the third is
{plum tw} + like teacher=Ari>Tris I guess
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:51 pm

I'm gonna bet on NSG is better than me and go with her
{Plum/teacher/TW}
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:52 pm

In post 439, teacher wrote:Plums a bit of a posting non-entity to me. Like they are posting, and jiving, but nothing's sticking to the me or the gamestate.
Actually this is honestly more SvS than anything Ari did.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:53 pm

In post 214, the worst wrote:
In post 211, RadiantCowbells wrote:but do you like... like me like me? :c
v///v RC...
In post 212, Plum wrote:worstie, thoughts on me?
i haven't decided yet. i feel like i should have an opinion but also looking over mathblade etc.'s takes on you i'm kinda like "sigh.. maybe". i don't think you're being pushed for very sensible reasons but i don't really think you're towny if that makes sense
The only more SvS read in this entire game

Is TWs read on Plum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:54 pm

In post 1320, Plum wrote:Okay, I'm really going to try to buckle down and put together a meaningful post here. I apologize for being disengaged the past few days. Some of it is just on me going back to school-work this week with a major sleep schedule change (and also getting sucked into Disco Elysium, that one is really on me) and some of it is that sometimes there are like 4+ pages of 2-4 players posting happening while I'm asleep. That's just hard to engage with. Like on the one hand I
do
think those are really useful and valuable, and have produced meaningful Townreads for myself and others of RC, skitter, and MathBlade simply by the way they interacted live over those pages. It doesn't leave me with much to say on those besides that they're there and they're good. Of the others who have posted very frequently I need to reread tw and RCEnigma to be confident in reads. However I am inclined to see tws frustrations and his responses to offers to take Day 1 off as Town-leaning in and of themselves (and would certainly encourage him to continue to take as much of Day 1 off as he likes) and this is again a reread space but I'm inclined to see RCE saying that he suspects RC at the moment but does not want to wagon him in a more Town light as well.

Re Flopz - I'm inclined to agree with RC that his posts of this morning are Town-leaning. UNVOTE: I was hoping to see if pushing him on scumreading MathBlade while accusing Ari of trying to pocket MathBlade as scum would tempt Ari to overcommit and show his hand (actually this was primarily hito's brilliant plan) but Flopz's subsequent posts and the more general Townread that formed on him (again, which I am inclined to agree with) kind of dumped that as a play.

So assuming all of the abovediscussed players are Town, whether lock or reasonable lean, we have the following:

Xtoxm - oh hell

why

like I remembered this guy's name as an oldie but I did not remember this - and I'm being exceptionally generous here - "playstyle"

oh and to answer this
In post 1298, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 482, Plum wrote:
i liked xtoms entrance more then yours
Can't say I disagree tbh
why?
Like an unforced nearly naked "RVS" vote well past RVS is not
trying
to look like something it isn't. It's not the backbone of any solid gambit that I know of or anything but I compared Bella's first post which seemed to be trying to look like it was *content* when it seemed really really low content as fake scumhunting from someone trying to look real scumhunting. See below for my overall impression of Bella though.

tris - nope
There's just no there there and it's definitely trying to look like there's some there there
Honestly I agree that tris is very scummy and I don't blame RC et al for thinking of me when they think of her because apparently I'm like the only one she can talk about in the game
Okay not literally but yeah her mentions and discussion of me are drastically out of proportion to most of the other players in the game and obviously
not
because she's doing a lot of heavy duty reading or pushing of a Plum slot she thinks is being under-investigated, I'm just someone she *likes* to talk about in vaguely positive/defensive ways all the time
So like I see where that's coming from

also to respond
In post 768, tris wrote:
In post 482, Plum wrote: I don't know exactly what to make of skitter, like I mostly agree with her views on a lot of things and her reasoning is all quite *reasonable* but I don't know enough to say if that impression should give other than a null read on her right now
if that's all you get from skitter, then that means she's probably scum. I find that when she's town, she has a little extra that comes through. that said, i think i saw a bit of town early on, but i'm not sure. it will of course be more clear when i've seen her post more.
Like on the one hand that might have some merit in a very broad general sense given the high general play caliber I've heard and seen from skitter and the fact that we might have some similar thought processes but I'm happy enough with what I've seen from skitter giving it more than a couple of days of seeing whether there's more there so.

Ico - Okay here is someone I have at least seen play scum in a Normal from Mod vantage point recently
I was frustrated that he made a whole to-do of making a case on me for my MathBlade vote and unvote (which I think in concept is something that makes sense in context) but it rested on him having read and torn apart every step of my MathBlade vote and unvote except the one post where I specifically explained the reasoning, and after I quoted it for him he just dropped it and ignored my requests for elaboration, though I think tw (?) said that not following that up was probably more NAI for Ico so sure maybe on that count

Everything else from him is a mehhh at best. Maybe slight thumbs up for his take on RC vs. skitter 1v1 if I'm being generous.
In post 1019, RadiantCowbells wrote:ico you have literally seen me be the nightkill target without exception in all the games we'd be together in. where do you get off saying stuff like I'm trying to create wifom
(To be fair to Ico I've seen him make some very questionable calls when it comes to NK choices recently ... okay sorry hard to resist that one)

Bella - Hmm. Yeah it's low energy and low-content etc. Reading it through the lens of trying to see what RC sees Town in Bella, I guess I would fairly say that what she has contributed feels haphazard in a way that seems agendaless. Her votes haven't been on really anyone I could imagine getting pushed (at the time she voted them and has been voting them) but not in a way that looks like she's just trying to avoid heat by placing her vote somewhere safely out of the way. She votes skitter and Mathblade consecutively in places where people are liable to go "what, why?".

teacher - I am going to tentatively give some points to for his explanation for stating a preference to Xtoxm over Flopz wagon his morning (that statement made shortly before Flopz's new posts)

Ari - Okay I'll be upfront for some reason I had it in my head that the V/LA was going to be more limited or partial and that he would have some access sooner, I don't know why I thought that except that when he started the V/LA period he said "Also signing off for the night now so eho knows when I'll be back" which I guess I wrongly interpreted as "I'll probably be around here or there" (e.g. enough that voting him would potentially get responses and generate stuff even if at a lesser and more sporadic pace). On the other hand nothing from him to that point or after looks particularly Town, so

Consider preferred order something like Tris, Xtoxm, Ari, Ico.

VOTE: tris
Anyone's thoughts on how like

The Teacher read here is so boring and colorless vs her other reads
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm

In post 1156, teacher wrote:I think I’d rather Xtomx to Flopz of those two. I also don’t like how the Bella wagon kinda stalled and dissipated without sig analysis. I’d love to bear a Bella towncase or reasons to get off that current vanity.

I also tend to think the game has been mostly town in thread. I don’t get RC’s repeated suspicions of RCE in the quick ketchup, I’m pretty good on both being town, but found the notes interchange interesting if Townie for both.

Skitter remains the slot I’m most unsure of. I liked the genuine emotion in the RC 1v1, but I feel like she’s good enough to know that might be needed. The thing I’m having the hardest time pasrsing is the specific timing of her vote relative to the claim - like RC isn’t being lynched day 1 after that claim, so it seems like it could be LAMIST theater?
Hmm

Really don't like that Skitter read either.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Ok nevermind I'm just gonna wait until I do my big thing instead of slamming little things.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: norway of the fable

Vote Count 1.16
Aristophanes
(3): MathBlade, teacher, RCEnigma
RadiantCowbells
(2): Xtoxm, the worst
Plum
(2): skitter30, RadiantCowbells
Flopz
(1): Aristophanes
tris
(1): Plum
the worst
(1): tris

Not voting (3): Bellaphant, Iconeum, Flopz

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to end the day.
Deadline is set to two weeks from day start, in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).

teacher, Aristophanes, and Iconeum have been prodded. I may be a bit more lenient with replacing due to the large number of players v/la over weekends.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:00 pm

In post 196, the worst wrote:not sure how i feel abt tris as of yet; i think her not buying into the tonal analysis of plum rings true given tris has a really eccentric tonality as well
This is like totally a scum-scum quote btw
But Plum/Duckling was kinda obvious.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Ugh.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:16 pm

It's really hard to say any of this means anything besides duckling is scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Why is it so hard to, like, lynch the outed W. Or something.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I've only gotten through one recent page. RC the only major wagons have been on your scumreads. Led by you. Followed by the slots that think you're town (almost everyone) and at one point (probably everyone).

If scum destroyed the gamestate then yes, it's TW intentionally doing so because he knew it would work. Because why wouldn't it. That's not a scum problem.

VOTE: Plum probably fine with a Tris lynch at this point too.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I don't think town is in a bad spot. It's just a pain to get excited about this game as of right now. I'm having fun reading through the other games but, this is the only one I can post in.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”