Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

granting my vexvience/gammagooey/davesaz reads are weaker than the others but that's roughly where I am atm
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:20 am

Post by DeasVail »

Spoiler: MariaR
… Boo hoo, oh, did you expect me to care?
You don't deserve my tears
I guess that's why they ain't there

General Impression: Actually potentially scum? There are posts and aspects of Maria's play that I like, but there are also worrying things for me that make me very uncomfortable thinking of her as town.

Specific posts:

There's a lot of complaining about the gamestate. I get it, the gamestate sucks. I've been complaining to my team about it the whole time. The Elements modkill REALLY disrupted things. But at least from my perspective, her posts about the gamestate are more demoralising than actually helping it.
- I understand how it is to feel like no one is paying attention to your posts, but that's what happens in mafia. And for example, with me, there wasn't much effort put into actually getting people to vote for me, or into understanding why people weren't voting for me. I liked , but where to from there? could be considered an effort to get things going, but it's not the kind of thing that can really be responded to. It's not addressing anyone in particular.
- Again, I get it, but is it actually helping?
Reads as "things suck, but I'm not going to do anything about it"
Similar theme.

That all said, I'm not sure, and Maria, I think we should talk. I agree that things here have sucked and I want to do something about it. I'll start it off by saying that I still need to properly review my Espresso read but I think he is town for the weird pushing for everyone to out their neighbourhoods. I agree with you that the neighbourhood outing was a bad idea, but it seems even more unlikely for scum to actively and publicly try and make everyone out themselves.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:25 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I'm gonna be honest, it's a stupid thought but to me it feels like the people complaining a lot about how horrible the thread is can be scum in a vacuum, it's an easy way to just dismiss the game.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:14 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 2708, MariaR wrote:I feel like town is just getting into a bunch of 1v1s right now instead of doing stuff/working together and atm I'm too lazy to really attempt a jumpstart again
How would you propose town works together here? Complaining about the lack of teamwork + not suggesting any alternatives isn't doing much beyond bringing down the mood.

You've already helped shut down my proposition on a way town can work together, so I'm interested to see what you suggest.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:19 am

In post 2712, kuribo wrote:So my team and I have had a discussion and they feel I've gotten way to toxic tonight. Pine especially was upset that while all pissy, I twisted his words in a mean way toward pops, because he respects pops very highly as a player. they reminded me that even if I don't care about my own reputation, that Team Mafia involves three other people. They also said that my reads get really shitty when I'm pissed off and that scum tends to just sit back and watch me cannibalize entire games while I'm filling them with hate. They reminded me that being pissed off is no reason to burn bridges with people I like. Or with strangers for that matter. And finally, they've further reminded me that I've put a lot of effort into trying to not be an asshole lately during games and that the old ways aren't acceptable anymore to other players, to site moderation, or even to myself. They even quoted multiple instances of the remorse I've felt over the years for being mean to people and reminded me did I really wanna have to go down that road yet again.

In the spirit of this being a team effort, and in taking what's probably a good suggestion for my own well-being as well, I've agreed to calm the fuck down and step away from the thread for a bit until my shitty sleepless weekend is over with and then come back here without being a complete dick.
I'm sure I speak for many when I say thank you for this post. It would have been tough to take a step back and write it.

Looking forward to your activity after this weekend.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:42 am

My willingness to vote nom earlier has kinda evaporated given how much I agree with her recent posts.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

What did you get from my games EP?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:28 am

In post 2757, Ankamius wrote:What did you get from my games EP?
Oh true, thanks for the reminder. I haven't looked at them yet.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:03 am

Post by chennisden »

sorry kuribo. my team has also decided it is a good idea to shut up right now
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:04 am

Post by chennisden »

cheekyteeky is the third person on our team who has called volpe scum.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:06 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 2760, chennisden wrote:cheekyteeky is the third person on our team who has called volpe scum.
right afterwards she says "nah volpe town"

anyway more cheeky takes:

first impression, nom and Gamma are scum

maria scum (? included) "Ali, is pushing bad lynches scum indicative for Maria"

if nom is town she thinks volxen = scum for BAD TMI
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2732, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1210, Gammagooey wrote:
I guess my read on FL is very slightly scum
but I can see him doing basically all this nonsense as either alignment
. Last time I played with him he fakeclaimed a guilty (on scum, tbf) in a way that made it really obvious to me that he was fakeclaiming and I basically tunneled on him until a jester fakeclaimed a guilty on me and I got daykilled (it was not a fun game). An update on who he (and GiF actually, he hasn't been pushing anyone recently and I've lost track of who he's scumreading) are scumreading would be very appreciated.

....some more words....

VOTE: volxen
Really is chopping at me. I didn’t even realize. Why the Volxen vote over me?
ya know when you have almost 400 posts and can't even find the answer to your own question when you've quoted it in the post you're commenting on maybe you deserve to be 'chopped at'

Like I think it's pretty clear that I don't like your play on a personal level but I don't have a good reason to think it specifically comes from town or scum here.

Also, @Flavor & @Deas and at anyone else who thinks my neighborhood is some magical place that makes things make more sense - no, it doesn't. there's a grand total of 25 (maybe 26 now?) posts in it, with two of them having DEB posting very brief thoughts on a one player in the game in each of those, and I called DEB a punk on sunday jan 5th while asking him to read the game and post some more thoughts of his when he had nothing but a mention that he'd catch up soon and a GIF posted in the neighborhood.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to finish reading over the recent posts and I'll post at least a little bit of updated thoughts sometime tonight - I have read through Deas's posts (except for some of the things he linked in regards to his case on Anka) and they're surface level fine but nothing that makes me think that Deas is more likely to post them as town than as scum. I'll make the anka stuff part of my read tonight and that might help me read him better.
I think the main thing that irks me about Deas atm is that he seems to have a ton of townreads to the point where it's either impossible or borderline impossible for them all to actually be town and it just feels like he should know that too but he doesn't really seem aware of it in his posts? I can try to elaborate on this if anyone cares but it'll probably be just rambling train of thought stuff so I'll chill about it for now.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:15 am

In post 2761, chennisden wrote: [...]
if nom is town [cheeky] thinks volxen = scum for BAD TMI
Which of volxen's 10 posts were TMI? And why?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:33 am

Post by nomnomnom »

@Chennis with all respect to Cheeky she wouldn't be the first person I listen to when it comes to reads lol
In post 2761, chennisden wrote:if nom is town she thinks volxen = scum for BAD TMI
what did she mean by this
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

@Gamma:
Is hito following along or is planning to in the future?

@chennisden:
How much of the game has cheeky read and does she plan on reading the whole thing?

@Dr Easy Bake:
What is Titus' and Mathblade's read on A50?

@Flavor Leaf:
How are you doing and what are Jingle and SS' thoughts on the game?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2765, Ankamius wrote:
@Gamma:
Is hito following along or is planning to in the future?
my team is generally not following along and I have told them not to bother because this game is a constant argument-filled shitshow, I did ask him to read volxen's iso for me like 10 min ago and give me a thought or two on that since that can read and processed pretty easy given his post count so when he gets back to me I'll put that thought in with my post(s) tonight
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

Thanks bb love you
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:03 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 2764, nomnomnom wrote:@Chennis with all respect to Cheeky she wouldn't be the first person I listen to when it comes to reads lol
In post 2761, chennisden wrote:if nom is town she thinks volxen = scum for BAD TMI
what did she mean by this
If you're town volxen is TMIing you
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:04 am

Post by chennisden »

Nom are you a dick to people who scumread you or just a dick to people in general
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:09 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2769, chennisden wrote:Nom are you a dick to people who scumread you or just a dick to people in general
If you were to look in my record you'd probably find an example of both, it usually happens when I get paranoid, or not enough sleep, or I get irritated over a gamestate or over some people, etc.

Otherwise I like to think I'm chill :giggle:
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:12 am

Post by chennisden »

A lack of paranoia, sufficient sleep, and a non irritating gamestate is a less likely combination than [insert celebrity couple that we never expected to happen]
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 am

Post by nomnomnom »

what do you mean? I've insulted people in this very thread lol

I apologize by the way and I know this doesn't mean much but whatever
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:15 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2752, DeasVail wrote:I agree that things here have sucked and I want to do something about it.
It's about time someone that isn't me wants to do something. The last 3 things you quoted about me: No, they're not helping anything and I'll be the first to admit that. I was just getting annoyed once again. When you see something in your eyes that is a repeating pattern that you want to make stop and have tried to do yet fails it gets to a certain point where you go 'ugh' and that's basically how I was feeling the night before (combined with other things that I have no need to get into)
People I want to lynch aren't really a topic right now, people I think are town are just fighting. I don't feel like this town has any townwork and is trying to help each other solve it's just people getting louder and louder. I can't fix other peoples problems without getting just as loud. That's not my style, even if I can do it.
In post 2752, DeasVail wrote:I'll start it off by saying that I still need to properly review my Espresso read but I think he is town for the weird pushing for everyone to out their neighbourhoods. I agree with you that the neighbourhood outing was a bad idea, but it seems even more unlikely for scum to actively and publicly try and make everyone out themselves.
I get that, but my logic is EP seems very smart and to just come up with an idea that's quite frankly just bad, I don't see how town him comes up with that. His early game was weak to what he admitted too so assuming he was busy because I trust that. I still wouldn't put him as town in my eyes just for such a thing. I'd want to know more about your Dave read, but we can dig into that when you're done catching up.

In post 2753, nomnomnom wrote:I'm gonna be honest, it's a stupid thought but to me it feels like the people complaining a lot about how horrible the thread is can be scum in a vacuum, it's an easy way to just dismiss the game.
It is, but the way to look at it is the player who's saying it. If someone thinks the game is 'stupid' or at least trying to give off that type of appearance do you think the player doing it is scum trying to make up an excuse or town who got demotivated? That's the best way to view these card of things.
In post 2761, chennisden wrote:maria scum (? included) "Ali, is pushing bad lynches scum indicative for Maria"
Alis name hasn't come out of my mouth once this game so where is this coming from? Lack of reading perhaps.

Also UNVOTE: I like DV now
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:16 am

Post by MariaR »

Nom I'm still waiting for some people you'd be fine lynching.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”