Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Did I really fucking post all that shit and forget to actually vote Volxen????

VOTE: Volxen

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by davesaz »

While doing some scummy judging I came across this game that may provide some meta insight on me relative to some things that have come up here.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I honestly forgot Volxen was in this game and that's not a good thing.

Do I feel good voting volxen when slots like Volpe exist is another question
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Didn't Ank have solid meta insights on Volxen or am I misrembering things
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2803, nomnomnom wrote:Didn't Ank have solid meta insights on Volxen or am I misrembering things
This could be a TMI of a TMI.

TMInception
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2804, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2803, nomnomnom wrote:Didn't Ank have solid meta insights on Volxen or am I misrembering things
This could be a TMI of a TMI.

TMInception
No I'm talking of a game I played with her before, or maybe it was someone else. I remember her saying she had solid meta insights on Volxen, but again it might be someone else.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by MariaR »

My thing with slots like Vol and DEB is if they're not in the writers pt they'll get vigged. If they're in the writer's pt we kill them
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2638, EspressoPatronum wrote:I think FL is town. Strong town lead.... However, the chance of FL being scum increases dramatically if Ank flips scum.
Hey Espresso, can you explain why you think FL is more likely scum if Ank is scum? I saw them talking to each other and joking about Ank being a SK in the 5-10 pages before you said this but I'd personally think FL would avoid potentially drawing a bunch of attention to himself if/when Anka flips by calling his scumbuddy a SK.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2615, volxen wrote:
In post 2610, chennisden wrote:that is a really, really off post volxen.
In post 2611, chennisden wrote:i dont know what to do and i went "ick" so i guess i'll kill the thing that made me go ick

VOTE: volxen
You're not even going to respond to anything I brought up in that post, or try to engage with me at all? I don't believe that town!you would write me off as scum so easily given our history together.
hito was pretty irked by this not having a chennisden vote to go with it when you say that you don't believe it would come from town!chennis - is there any reason why you didn't vote chennis here?

Also, do you have a read or any thoughts on any of Almost50, Maria, or Espresso? You haven't mentioned most of the playerlist so far, and in particular you asked chennis why he townread Espresso super early day 1 and haven't mentioned Espresso since then.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I reread the first 20 pages or so of the game and then jumped around a lot, managed to go through all of Flavor Leaf's iso and found like...a single post in the 350 that leans town meaningfully. I lean him-town more now mostly on the virtue that I somehow didn't hate it more rereading it than I did the first time which is dumb but whatever I'm rolling with it for now. I think he will be easier to actually read once he starts pushing to try to get a lynch today and he will definitely be here for it unlike some players so I don't want to vote him today.
from my notepad file: [FL's #956 is the first thing I'd actually put as slight town for him (assuming a volpe-town flip which I am), defending his push with 'if he flips scum then of course my reasoning was right' is still FL's ego front and center but it feels like what town-FL would say against someone he thinks has a good chance of flipping scum]

I like Anka a little less than I did before but I didn't do a full iso of her like I did FL, I mostly just saw her posts in the periphery of other people. From memory the reason for not liking her as much was that she had a few posts that seemed a little overacty, like she was trying to get townread for them. I do like her readslist for the most part though.

Speaking of readslists

People who I'm willing to lynch

Espresso
Deas
Volxen
DEB

People who I'm probably willing to lynch, but like, give them a few days

kuribo
GIF
Anka (except give me, not her, the few days to actually read through her posts again, I feel like I'm half-assing my read on her atm)
dave

Strong town reads

Chennis
nomnomnom
Volpe

more words in a sec
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Ankamius »

yes I was trying to get townread gamma
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Trying to get townread?

That doesn't seem like you honestly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2811, nomnomnom wrote:Trying to get townread?

That doesn't seem like you honestly
it's also not like me to be a contested read after going through my process
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

still waiting for an answer to this
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2181, Ankamius wrote:ok volxen

did you really find that one post the only thing to respond to after reading through the entire thread?
only time I explained it directly
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Okay so the main thing is now that everyone's stopped arguing with each other over everything imaginable, there's kind of a lot of consensus on a few people looking scummy at the moment?
Yeah everyone's argued about nom and volpe for forever BUT also I don't think really anyone except Deas has more than a slight town read on volxen/DEB at this point, and it seems like multiple people have wanted Espresso dead for a fair bit and it feels like he's been hiding behind neighborhood mechanics instead of engaging with people (specifically Maria recently) about his reads and using that as filler to avoid having to post much detail about his suspects & townreads.

Deas is not a consensus scum read and yes he is sane and I'd like for him to keep posting and being the beautiful fox that he is but to me he feels like scum posting mostly genuine reads on town players and not having scumreads because he's put basically everyone as some sort of townread so he's still on my list even though I don't think he's getting lynched today and I'm actually very fine with that.

kuribo reporting Elements' trust tell is NOT ALIGNMENT RELATED and I will fight you (chennis) about that but I also don't think he's pushed anyone in any meaningful way yet? I uh did completely forget until I isoed him just now that he made a reads-list that is fairly good imo. It's pretty close to the consensus reads I think but for now that's fine considering that EP/volxen/DEB are all people I would lynch. Actually if he just has some good posts when he comes back he's probably fine all together and you can forget that I put him on the list at all. YEP let's carry on then

GIF is not as good as what I'm used to and hasn't done anything yet this game day but he's V/LA at the moment so yep waiting

After going back I like dave's recent readslist a lot. He hasn't tried to push anyone particularly hard this game day or day 1 but this game day it feels reasonable to not have pushed anyone yet. He hasn't posted in a few days but if his posts in the next few days are good he can secretly be on the kuribo category of 'nevermind they were secretly fine the whole time'

This might end a little awkwardly since I should have been asleep an hour and a half ago but yeah I think Espresso/DEB/Volxen are all worth pushing and I think can be actual wagons with enough people on them to allow the game to function. Peace for now cya tomorrow.
VOTE: Espresso
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Spoiler: A message to NOM from skitter
skitter says to to look at good jams mafia (where she was a jk and you were scum). She says to specifically read wobat's posts by the Volxen head, and how skitter reacted to them all.

skitter is also baffled Ank is not seeing/pushing this,

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm waiting for my team to catch up and offer their thoughts before making any major pushes

There's some agreement that there should be time put into this game but it hasn't happened yet, sorry
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2816, Almost50 wrote:
Spoiler: A message to NOM from skitter
skitter says to to look at good jams mafia (where she was a jk and you were scum). She says to specifically read wobat's posts by the Volxen head, and how skitter reacted to them all.

skitter is also baffled Ank is not seeing/pushing this,
Right so it was Skitt that had insights on Volx that game, not Ank.

I'll go look, but if she says that Volx is scum here, I'll probably vote there. She has a good read on the player in general.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 2799, Almost50 wrote:Volxen is SCUM: According to skitter; Scum!Volxen pops in and makes tangentially related posts that really have very little to do with the meat of the game. He doesn't really know how to keep up or engage in real time or like follow-through with anything. Town!him doesn't do that, and he's doing just that in this game.
This makes me believe that your slot is town. Even though Skitter's conclusion is incorrect, I can see why she would arrive at that conclusion based on Good Jams Mafia, where she played against scum!me. She is correct in that I struggled with keeping up and engaging in real time in that game. What her read isn't taking into account is that that has also been in the case in multiple town games where I got mislynched for similar reasons. But that isn't something that I would expect Skitter to know as she hasn't been in any on my town games where I got mislynched. Her experience with me has been primarily Good Jams Mafia (where I was scum) and 911: What's Your Emergency? (where I was town), and based on that I can see this as being a thought process that town!Skitter would have.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

volxen

my #1 issue with you is that you claimed to have caught up overnight

and yet the only things you can think of to comment on are my scumread on you and some random post???
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't really think Maria is scum anymore.

Spoiler: Gammagooey
I'll be there for you if somebody hurts you

Even if that somebody is me

General Impression: I think he's town. The way that he's going about the game is very town and there are so many opportunities in his play to just play in ways that are more scummy but he doesn't take them! Woah

Specific posts:

- love it. So good.
- Obvious attempt to convert the gamestate to something productive.
- I don't think that vote on me comes from scum. I think that scum would try to come up with better reasoning before voting for me than "I expected him to be better".
- Super sensible posting! Scum could easily just contribute to the chaos by continuing to push me there.

Spoiler: kuribo
I'm a host of imperfection, and you see past all that

General Impression: I've thought all game that kuribo is town. I think this read is at risk of becoming stale, but not yet!

Specific things:

Early townread on me - I'm not going to bother linking the posts, but an uncharacteristically strong early townread on me would be weird coming from kuribo-scum. I'd expect him to at least fake more paranoia in regards to my alignment even if he was planning on pocketing me.
I thought that Kuribo's reaction to the whole Elements thing came from a town place rather than scum.
I feel is possible as both alignments, however I think he's less likely to care about that kind of thing as scum.

Spoiler: GuyInFreezer
If you thought I would wait for you, you thought
wrong

My read on GuyInFreezer from his early play is leaning town, but I think my read will largely be influenced by his play when he returns, so I'm leaving this there for now.

Spoiler: Volpe14
When you leave, I'm begging you not to go
Call your name two or three times in a row

General Impression: Town!

Specific posts: Read them!

Spoiler: EspressoPatronum
Remember those walls I built
Well, baby, they're tumbling down

General Impression: Sorry Maria, but I still have Espresso as a townread. I think a lot of his play is a bit ~tone deaf~ for scum, who I think would make more attempt to read the mood of the room.

Specific posts:

I still read his general neighbourhood-outing stuff as town, and more recently:
- The existence of this post in combination with sassy posts at other times feels kind of town rather than scum going for a style of play.
, - I think this comes from a town sense of self-importance rather than scum.
- Why is he still pushing the neighbourhood-outing thing!! It's just going to piss everyone off.

Spoiler: Almost50
I love you even more than who I thought you were before

I'm just going to leave it there for now. If anyone wants to talk to me about it, I'll explain it later.

--

I know I have too many townreads, and that's a problem I can sort out later.

BUT I think Ankamius and nomnomnom are scum. The nomnomnom read I'll explain later when I'm in a better place to because I want to make sure I explain that right. (My team also backs me up on the nomnom read)

I don't know where the vote count is at right now, but I feel like the current lynch options are town and I don't like that.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:06 am

Post by DeasVail »

Actually I've probably changed my mind on Volxen