Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 736, KittyMo wrote:- My instincts tell me that the current game state is fairly likely to lead to a Dongempire lynch which I feel pretty ambivalent about, but he's probably who I'd most like to hear from now. I'm struggling to follow the thought process on some of his votes (the Auro vote and discussion that wasn't a "push", the Ceph vote was a "push" but not bc he scumread Ceph)
This seems likely. I think I'd rather move back to gobbledygook after thinking about what I don't like from his posting + how his one post I liked could have been carefully crafted to get suspicion off of himself

VOTE: gobbledygook
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:32 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Was at a wedding for multiple days. I will get to this
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 749, Dunnstral wrote:I think you had me as town earlier but now it's 'idk' - what happened?
Did I? I dont remember that.

Also, flipping through my own posts a bit, I'm not sure why i listed turkey as townish and I'd like to take that back.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 749, Dunnstral wrote:If you think this, why would we lynch her day 1? It doesn't make sense.
I was mostly hoping a serious wagon would force her to help us before this happens.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 748, CheekyTeeky wrote:Dann you've promised two town cases now on hop and Dunn. Should I stop holding my breath?
That's rude!

I fell asleep last night, my big reads list won't be coming until tonight probably. But I did already get the Dunn section done.

Spoiler: Dunn read
Dunnstral
- Town. This read took a while to form. I don't know what's it been about his posts but I've just had a hard time parsing or focusing on them? I want to blame the wall post style but that's extremely hypocritical of me given I often default to that style. I think I've just been tired! Anyway, actually reading his posts it's uh... pretty good. I think the biggest factor here is the distinct lack of agenda present in his posting. His wall posts reek of good faith town sorting. I especially like progressions such as in #346 where he comes to an understanding with gobble, doesn't make a big LAMIST show of it, and moves quietly on to his next scum read. I like Dunn getting town pinged by my early posting #154 and then subsequently scum reading me and not hesitating to push me / question me. It shows a desire to constantly reevaluate without worrying about
looking
like he's constantly reevaluating. The uncertainty in #512 reads genuine and towny to me, as well as echoing some of the sentiments I've had about this game recently. In more general terms, he asks good questions.

also I did not case Hop immediately because when I engaged with him yesterday I was bothered with some things so I needed to think about it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

which is to say I am less certain on Hop town than I was when I was talking to you

still probably lean town though so I'll talk about that
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Donempire »

I havent been able to put the proper focus but if anyones willing to talk in real time i can be up for it. I admit i havent been bothering to respond or make reads because reading walls is way too tiring while also trying to take a look at other team mafia games especially.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

Where is your head at right now regarding who you want to lynch?

You're voting Cephrir and yet you say Esp is your top scum read. Who is in your town block?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Donempire »

UNVOTE:

I'm not sure im ready to go full on esp yet. I need to read up some more, so i could settle with NSG for now.
My townbloc is still auro and hopkirk, but i would like to see more from gobble. Auros latest posts i still like but i havent read all of hopkirks responses. Either way i'm not going to worry too much about this bundling.

I would really like to push on some of esps weak points but im waiting for a clearing so i can make a full on case on him, i can probably do it in wednesday, so no rush right now. As of now im fine with a NSG lynch but not too thrilled about any other wagons.
Formerly Dongempire
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

well I'll give you a sneak preview of where my reads list is going

VOTE: Espeonage

despite what I've said I don't actually want to lynch nsg day 1, I was just hoping wagoning her would be effective in getting her to play and ehhhhhh

she out bluffed me
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

Where's Ceph at for you, Dong?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

if i'm being totally honest with myself i actually think nsg is more likely scum than any other slot

but i won't lose any sleep over an espe lynch
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think esp's dancing around nsg was overly lamist and fake in a lot of ways that makes him scum regardless of nsg's alignment
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 760, Dannflor wrote:Where's Ceph at for you, Dong?
I like his activity more than i did when it started. When hes not interacting with gobble or auro the tone in his posts seem natural, so i think the attitude towards those two was because of a personality clash rather than a red pm. I still dont agree on his auro scumread and would like it if he expanded on his readslist, specifically on the why rather than try to give everyone a read to just fill the page.
I dont think ceph flips scum, at least as far as i see.
Formerly Dongempire
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:14 am

Post by KittyMo »

UNVOTE: Dunnstral
VOTE: northsidegal (L-3?)

This is not a pressure vote.

I feel that I need a reset from focusing on Dunnstral. I did find his reaction to the Return of Gobble surprising but kinda agree with Dannflor that I don't find that trajectory off gobble and then back to be "agenda-y."

Auro asked about BBmolla. One piece is that I feel less ...weirded out by things centering around Joan with the context that it's Yume/Jeanne11 and that meta reads were being made. Other than that, just liked his energy. I know the feeling of expecting to roll scum as a replacement and feeling relieved not to be, and at least for me it's not something that's ever been on my mind to fake when I have subbed in as scum. Needs to be followed up with content obv but.

Dann asked about Ceph, and I think his posts still reflect the mindset I brought up in 147 / 204. I just don't believe he knows who the scumteam is. It seems he sees what he's doing as the best he can for how early in the game it is, and I sense a range of feelings of cynicism/skepticism/nihilism about the game that continually make more sense from someone who doesn't have the answers. The read is pretty visceral for me and hard to translate, which is the only reason I haven't talked about it more.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Not really feeling it tonight so I'll try and get to this wed. Going to go through thoughts on wgeurts now then catch up later in the week. I saw a few posts on my phone in the bathroom etc earlier but the site doesn't usually show me a submit button to phonepost.

Opening wasn't bad like I was thinking. I think I mixed it up with Dong's.
when I looked briefly yesterday this reminded me of a couple of posturing posts scum-Gobble made in my last game. Reading properly It's completely NAI.
[post] 205 [/[post] I like for town.

Nothing really wrong with pre-Cheeky (one or two minor points I like) and I kind of liked Cheeky yesterday except for her asking me why I didn't find something suspicious that I'm not sure why I should find it suspicious (will quote on the catch up in a few days) so that's probably a townread as of (yesterday evening thread size_- though not up to date so subject to change.

I feel like NSG would have been replaced by now if she was a newbie instead of someone with a strong rep. It's been like 8 days since she posted anything other than 'I'm sorry I'm lurking'.

Her latest post definitely doesn't address the two game related issues I have: that she's not revealing her teams' solid scumread from earlier, and more importantly that the posts she's actually made over the last few days saying stuff like 'we have reads and plan to commit heavily day 2' really doesn't make sense if you're trying to avoid the nightkill in a vanilla game. Clearly her team should have mentioned this. I could see them thinking that we'll just assume she's scum after she doesn't die n1 (assuming she is scum obviously), so they're making her such an attractive target that they can say 'scum is just not killing her so that people mislynch her' then act like everyone is against her the next day to cover for a subsequent town mislynch she pushes.

I feel NSG has negative scum equity with Auro though so I should probably reread Auro as a priority and decide how far I stand there.

Hop 'Hoppberry' Hops
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'll reread Auro/Dong/Esp next time I'm on.
Ceph/FF/Gobble I'm solid on for town. Gobble keeps flipping between solid town and 'why hasn't the scumteam pushed him? Does the thread look like this if scum are actually here and people like Auro?'
Espeon I skimmed lying in bed last night and don't think I liked his entrance as much as I'd thought.
A lot of my scumleans I'm shaky on. I'm more going for townreads and PoE today.
I can see myself sheeping Ceph on a lot of people.

Hop 'Hoppington' Hopkirk
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 765, Hopkirk wrote:I kind of liked Cheeky yesterday except for her asking me why I didn't find something suspicious that I'm not sure why I should find it suspicious
In I wasn't saying you should have found my derp summary suspicious, I tried to say that your reaction/tone in response didn't sit right after all the work you had put into your catch up.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm going to strongly imply there's a pretty good reason my general tone/writing/thinking style might sound odd to you. Let me know if you think it's different to my other games.

Hop 'Hoppity' Hopkirk
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Dong is pretty blatant scum imo

I'll vote NSG when I know I'm not hammering, not gonna put up with that shit, we're not your fucking sidepiece game NSG, play or die

I feel like this game is fairly obvious for the most part? Lot's of pretty readable people in this game.

Although Espy iirc is really fucking hard to read for me, pretty sure I've lost to Espy scum multiple times
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

If you think Dong is 'pretty blatant scum' I'd prefer that you pushed that lynch over policy voting nsg
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Why is Dong pretty blatant scum?

I was scum reading him but actually liked his pop in today a little?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 758, Donempire wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm not sure im ready to go full on esp yet. I need to read up some more, so i could settle with NSG for now.
My townbloc is still auro and hopkirk, but i would like to see more from gobble. Auros latest posts i still like but i havent read all of hopkirks responses. Either way i'm not going to worry too much about this bundling.

I would really like to push on some of esps weak points but im waiting for a clearing so i can make a full on case on him, i can probably do it in wednesday, so no rush right now. As of now im fine with a NSG lynch but not too thrilled about any other wagons.
this posts blows

so much fence sitty shit
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 770, Dunnstral wrote:If you think Dong is 'pretty blatant scum' I'd prefer that you pushed that lynch over policy voting nsg
I'd rather do that than get to LYLO and have NSG not fucking posted all game because "sorry guys other games required attention."

whoever said lynching lurkers day 1 is a bad idea is wrong, everything I've ever experienced has shown proof of the opposite.

you can't read someone if they have no content to get a read from and that only gets worse as time goes on
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 773, BBmolla wrote:
In post 770, Dunnstral wrote:If you think Dong is 'pretty blatant scum' I'd prefer that you pushed that lynch over policy voting nsg
I'd rather do that than get to LYLO and have NSG not fucking posted all game because "sorry guys other games required attention."

whoever said lynching lurkers day 1 is a bad idea is wrong, everything I've ever experienced has shown proof of the opposite.

you can't read someone if they have no content to get a read from and that only gets worse as time goes on
BBmolla is the mafia commentator we have sorely missed.

I will look over this game tonight

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”