Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2865, Ankamius wrote:VOTE: nomnomnom
Stop! Just stop right there. Vote Volxen with us. Be productive. If not, then at least don't be the throne in my side.

I have been fighting tooth and nail to sway skitter away from you for a while now, but with your actions and their justifications I am afraid I am losing that debate real bad right now.

Listen, we are NOT lynching in that hood today. Period. Ig you are Scum and want nomnom dead soon you'd have to shoot her at night. (And the same applies to nom if she wants Ank dead soon enough).

And since I'm at it: nom is starting to come out a winner in this face-off between her and Ank. At least nom is playing ball and trying to work with other players in the game, not to derail any collective group effort by going against the grain just to appear like she has a different opinion. (Sorry if that sounds harsh, but really.. be a team player or go sit on the sidelines).

Thank you

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2868, DeasVail wrote:
Let's do it!

VOTE: nomnomnom
Please don't add more fuel to the fire. I mean, I still somehow have a Town Lean on you (despite the fact having too many TRs is usually a scumtell, because scum struggle to find fake reasons to SR/suspect someone they know is Town, are too afraid to go out of their way and move into the center of the stage, and they want to buddy-buddy with everyone so as not to have as many foes). I say, despite all that I still SOMEHOW lean Town on you, so please don't trigger my paranoia (which usually gets triggered when we run in circles and have no red flips).

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2875, Almost50 wrote:
Stop! Just stop right there. Vote Volxen with us. Be productive. If not, then at least don't be the throne in my side.

I have been fighting tooth and nail to sway skitter away from you for a while now, but with your actions and their justifications I am afraid I am losing that debate real bad right now.

Listen, we are NOT lynching in that hood today. Period. Ig you are Scum and want nomnom dead soon you'd have to shoot her at night. (And the same applies to nom if she wants Ank dead soon enough).

And since I'm at it: nom is starting to come out a winner in this face-off between her and Ank. At least nom is playing ball and trying to work with other players in the game, not to derail any collective group effort by going against the grain just to appear like she has a different opinion. (Sorry if that sounds harsh, but really.. be a team player or go sit on the sidelines).

Thank you
wtf is this post?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2874, kuribo wrote:
In post 2873, chennisden wrote:Also voting an i active slot will do jack so

VOTE: nom
hmmm i wasn't aware that replacements got different role PMs

maybe his replacement will be town then
if you think volxen is scummy enough to powerlynch before he gets replaced then make a post about it

otherwise votes are v. easy to change once volxen's replacement is here and needs some pressure
kuribo wrote:I've gone back over Espresso and I still don't like the push to pointlessly out information. I've softened on the "town slip" a bit because I don't feel like EP was attempting to blatantly townslip. If that makes sense. Like, the way it was worded and the way it was taken as a "townslip" are completely different.
Can you quote the post that people are calling a townslip for me? I see some stuff mentioning the scum QT and whether or not it exists but what I saw was just hypotheticals that I don't see a reason why scum couldn't/wouldn't make, so I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right post or if I'm missing some context or something.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2871, Volpe14 wrote:I don't think nomnom/volxen is SvS therefore if volxen is ever the scum slot in that duality, I don't want to get it wrong because I feel like today lynch is going to determine a lot of what happens in day 3. I want the replacement to actually play the game. Replace him with someone that can be minimally active at least, we've enough low posters in this large game.
I like your talk more than your action!! If you truly believe in what you say above, then why the hell are you voting nomnom already? Has the replacement for Colxen even been introduced yet, let alone post?? Have you decided that when they do step in they're going to be townie enough for you to decide nom is the scum of the two? I don't get the vote AND the talk in the very same post!!

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2875, Almost50 wrote:And since I'm at it: nom is starting to come out a winner in this face-off between her and Ank. At least nom is playing ball and trying to work with other players in the game, not to derail any collective group effort by going against the grain just to appear like she has a different opinion. (Sorry if that sounds harsh, but really.. be a team player or go sit on the sidelines).
legit a50

what is this even saying? my team is just as confused as I am about this
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

my reads have been mostly aligned with the majority for a while now
nomnomnom scumread isn't going against the grain unless you mean against my past reads
nomnomnom is at least playing ball when I had just quoted her doing the exact opposite???
why would I feel the need to have a different opinion when I've been under pressure for most of the game?

none of this makes any sense and it makes me wonder about you a50

I'm used to you being crazy but not this type of crazy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

also skitter and I have a history of being hyper paranoid of each other in game after game, it's almost every time we're TvT if not literally every time we've ever been TvT that one of us has gotten so paranoid of the other that we just fall apart and derail the game

she's a strong player I have respect for, but she's not the best source of accurate reads on me (and vice versa, I wouldn't advise people to trust my scumreads of her)

it's a sad truth but a truth nonetheless
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:58 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2878, Gammagooey wrote:Can you quote the post that people are calling a townslip for me? I see some stuff mentioning the scum QT and whether or not it exists but what I saw was just hypotheticals that I don't see a reason why scum couldn't/wouldn't make, so I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right post or if I'm missing some context or something.

It's somewhere along the lines of this:
In post 2194, EspressoPatronum wrote:If you give me a reason to believe scum doesn't have a team PT, then I could perhaps get on board with your thoughts.
To which Vex responded:
In post 2200, Vex Vience wrote:ep’s probably townie because of that statement though. i dont think scum forgets they have a factional chat.

But looking back in the cool of the morning instead of the heat of hatred, it doesn't seem like EP was trying to slip anything at all. It seems like EP was making a slightly sarcastic statement along the lines of "We should assume scum has a PT." And Vex misread it as "give me a reason to believe scum has a team PT."
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:59 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't think Vex is scum, but if EP is then Vex is real likely trying to conftown a partner.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2883, kuribo wrote:
In post 2878, Gammagooey wrote:Can you quote the post that people are calling a townslip for me? I see some stuff mentioning the scum QT and whether or not it exists but what I saw was just hypotheticals that I don't see a reason why scum couldn't/wouldn't make, so I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right post or if I'm missing some context or something.

It's somewhere along the lines of this:
In post 2194, EspressoPatronum wrote:If you give me a reason to believe scum doesn't have a team PT, then I could perhaps get on board with your thoughts.
To which Vex responded:
In post 2200, Vex Vience wrote:ep’s probably townie because of that statement though. i dont think scum forgets they have a factional chat.

But looking back in the cool of the morning instead of the heat of hatred, it doesn't seem like EP was trying to slip anything at all. It seems like EP was making a slightly sarcastic statement along the lines of "We should assume scum has a PT." And Vex misread it as "give me a reason to believe scum has a team PT."
Yeah that's what I thought it was

It's not intended to be a townslip and it also isn't a townslip at all scum could totally say that while pushing for people to talk about neighborhood info over actual reads that could push on scum and help the game actually work so shrugs
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2878, Gammagooey wrote:if you think volxen is scummy enough to powerlynch before he gets replaced then make a post about it

otherwise votes are v. easy to change once volxen's replacement is here and needs some pressure

alternatively

if you think voxlen is scummy enough to be lynching or wagoned before replacement, votes are easy enough to change if their replacement comes in and looks townie

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:36 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2881, Ankamius wrote:my reads have been mostly aligned with the majority for a while now
nomnomnom scumread isn't going against the grain unless you mean against my past reads
nomnomnom is at least playing ball when I had just quoted her doing the exact opposite???
why would I feel the need to have a different opinion when I've been under pressure for most of the game?

none of this makes any sense and it makes me wonder about you a50

I'm used to you being crazy but not this type of crazy
Seems like you forgot the post about me saying I liked your vote on me because it reminded me of one of your town games but okay.

Ftr I would still powerlynch Volxen even without seeing the replacement.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:38 am

Post by nomnomnom »

DV looks really bad in this whole thing by the way.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2871, Volpe14 wrote:VOTE: nomnom

I'm voting nomnom here but I want us to:

1) Use the most of this day phase since we've already lost half day 1 because of the modkill

2) I don't think nomnom/volxen is SvS therefore if volxen is ever the scum slot in that duality, I don't want to get it wrong because I feel like today lynch is going to determine a lot of what happens in day 3. I want the replacement to actually play the game. Replace him with someone that can be minimally active at least, we've enough low posters in this large game.
If Volxen flips scum this is 100% a scumpost by the way.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2888, nomnomnom wrote:DV looks really bad in this whole thing by the way.
How so? It'd be nice if he went into detail on why he's scumreading you like he's said he wants to but he's mentioned a scumread on you several times in the last few days.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:44 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2890, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2888, nomnomnom wrote:DV looks really bad in this whole thing by the way.
How so? It'd be nice if he went into detail on why he's scumreading you like he's said he wants to but he's mentioned a scumread on you several times in the last few days.
Yes but that's the weird part. If that was the case why would he need Ank to vote for me first to jump as well? That's the part that makes me worried of the slot.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2891, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 2890, Gammagooey wrote:
Yes but that's the weird part. If that was the case why would he need Ank to vote for me first to jump as well? That's the part that makes me worried of the slot.
because communicating with other players to make sure your vote actually starts forming a wagon and gets someone closer to a lynch is v. often better than voting someone alone and waiting to see if other people will join it?

Liiike I'm scumreading Deas too but bugging others to form wagons makes the game work and I don't see why Deas would be more likely to do that in particular as scum than town.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Don't see why that forbids you from voting me in the first place and bugging others about voting me but alright.

Like that's what I've done with Volxen's slot.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I think the focal point is that if Volxen scum then Volpe is scum because this trajectory reeks of scum buying time for their caught partner.

I can already see Volpe praying to the gods that his replacement looks townie so he has enough justification to push a lynch on me lol, that's how obvious his play is right here.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:44 am

Post by kuribo »

I really don't like the feel of this counterwagon.

Especially if someone already thinks voxlen looks scummy.

You're either willing to lynch a slot or you're just pissing in the wind with your vote. A slot asking for replacement isn't going to change alignment.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2876, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2868, DeasVail wrote:
Let's do it!

VOTE: nomnomnom
Please don't add more fuel to the fire. I mean, I still somehow have a Town Lean on you (despite the fact having too many TRs is usually a scumtell, because scum struggle to find fake reasons to SR/suspect someone they know is Town, are too afraid to go out of their way and move into the center of the stage, and they want to buddy-buddy with everyone so as not to have as many foes). I say, despite all that I still SOMEHOW lean Town on you, so please don't trigger my paranoia (which usually gets triggered when we run in circles and have no red flips).
Thanks for the advice and I am incredibly grateful that you somehow don’t scumread me, but I would like to vote for who I want to vote for!

Also I will post more about nomnom tonight! A quick look through my (fairly short) ISO will show reasons for me scumreading her previously if anyone requires that. I mean, I could easily fake some reasons if people want me too but actually explaining why I read someone the way I do in a way that makes sense to other people takes more effort. Also reading nom’s reaction to the votes has been useful!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:47 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2895, kuribo wrote:I really don't like the feel of this counterwagon.

You're either willing to lynch a slot or you're just pissing in the wind with your vote. A slot asking for replacement isn't going to change alignment.
Why do we need to limit the focus to one slot while awaiting a replacement? That doesn’t feel very productive to me.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2897, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2895, kuribo wrote:I really don't like the feel of this counterwagon.

Why do we need to limit the focus to one slot while awaiting a replacement? That doesn’t feel very productive to me.

We don't. But I'm looking more at Ank and chenn who immediately moved over to nom after being willing to lynch volxen.

Chenn literally said the reason for coming off was because there was "no point voting a spot that's being replaced. I deny that; if someone is scum, being inactive or replacing isn't going to change that. So I want to know how confident Chenn was that voxlen is scum.

Ank's voting pattern is reaaaaaaaal follow the leader at this point anyway.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:07 am

Post by DeasVail »

I agree re: Ank but her vote of nom after I suggested it makes me doubt my scumread slightly.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”