SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

We're past the point where chiming in without saying anything is going to work. I'd really like some content and a vote.

AT THE THIRD TONE, THE TIME WILL BE...

FaerieLord - 4 (SpyreX, Manito, Knight of Cydonia, Corinthian)
killa seven - 2 (CF Riot, LaptopGun)
Manito - 1 (FaerieLord)
LlamaFluff - 1 (Firestarter)
Firestarter - 1 (armlx)
Knight of Cydonia - 1 (LlamaFluff)

Not Voting - Joubert, killa seven, ShadowGirl, dcorbe, Bogre

15 alive, 8 to lynch.

-Mod
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:22 am

Post by armlx »

Because the lynch had to be done so that the game could move forward. If we hadn't lynched forbiddan we would still be discussing her
This is 100% untrue. We could just have started ignoring him for a while.

Also, LTG, SK meta is far different from mafia meta. The SK's goal is VERY different from the mafia's goal. As SK, especially in that scenario from that game, there was no reason for me not to be finding scum as otherwise they would be a killing group that was ahead of me in the game. Mafia would just be looking for an easy lynch in that scenario, not a lynch on a scummy person.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:00 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Corinthian wrote:"Moving the game forward" is not a townie motivation. "Not mislynching" is a lot more important than moving the game forward.
I disagree. Lynching mafia is always ideal, but sometimes it will not happen, and you cannot change that.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:02 am

Post by FaerieLord »

EBWODP. Missed armlx there. Ignoring a problem won't solve it. Removing it solves it. There are only two ways to remove it. Think she is town / Lynch her.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:02 am

Post by SpyreX »

Thats the thing - you're saying you didn't agree, but you didn't TRY to make it not happen. You, by not arguing against or making a different real case with a vote, actively let it happen.

There's no real reason to do that.
Show

Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:03 am

Post by armlx »

EBWODP. Missed armlx there. Ignoring a problem won't solve it. Removing it solves it. There are only two ways to remove it. Think she is town / Lynch her.
See, we would have solved the problem by assuming she wasn't scum and moving along while ignoring her. General plan for dealing with people who are lynch bait that you decide not to lynch.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:09 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Knight of Cydonia wrote: Ummm, okay, where the hell did I OMGUS you? I haven't voted you or Gimbo, and all I ever commented on Gimbo was that he was hard to read, and that the reason-less hammer and "shit" post could be taken a variety of ways. I said I was unsure of Gimbo, and the same goes for you, and everyone else here, since I haven't played regularly with any of you, and have no meta to go on.
You OMGUSed me in post 396. There was no direct vote or FoS, but given the context of the game, it was a passive shot at me intented to make me look worse. To make this more interesting, and something that I missed before, it was actually in response to Jouberts 395, which asked clarification of an attack on Gimbo. So instead of answering my case that was presented in 393, you decided to ignore that case and instead talk about a case against me. That falls in the OMGUS category to me.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I'm not psychic. I can't refute your case before you post it. At least I've replied, Corinthian hasn't posted in so long he needs to be prodded. BY your logic, you should be voting him because he's higher on your list (apparently), and to get his attention.
Again, timeline went as follows : first I post a case against you in 393. Joubert questions you in post 395. You respond to Joubert, furthering a case against Gimbo in 396 while ignoring my 393. No psychicness needed here. You ignored what I had to say and pushed Gimbo as scummy in the same post, which is scummy in my book and put you ahead of Corin. Also if you read my post carefully, I said your D1 was really scummy to me, but your D2 was much better. However with 396 you returned to scummy to me, and earned my vote. I look forward to responses to CFR.

Now Corin has done the same ignorance crime as you though, so

unvote
vote Corinathin

untill I get some answers to 392
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

CF Riot wrote: Lastly, I have a new suspect in Knight of Cydonia. His attitude during the Forbid lynch seemed over-the-top. Now the way he changes his vote from Gimbo to FL seems out of place to me. In post 348 he says he's noticed how FL's play has changed since yesterday, but says he's still torn because he's "hard to judge". This is where he unvotes Gimbo. His next post is 351 and he says he's leaning town on FL because he has good posting under the new heat. But then right after that with only one 1-line post from FL in between, he votes FL for "schizophrenia, wall-of-texting to try and avoid questions, and the way his calm demeanour has completely cracked under any kind of pressure. " Two of those being things he'd said weren't that scummy two posts ago.
"His attitude during the FL lynch seemed over the top."
Well, I haven't been around long enough to generate a meta here, but I'm afraid that's how I play town. I pick someone, I zero in, yes, maybe I tunnel-vision sometimes, but, unlike FL, I stick with my gut - I don't get it confused with common sense.

"The way he changes his vote from Gimbo to FL seemed off."
The main of my vote against Gimbo was the way Gimbo was playing, from what meta I've read of his, it's a lot less bat-shit crazy that usual. Then, of course, LlamaFluff replaced, and Llama has been a considerable amount more intelligent, and less scummy. Gimbo/Llama now appears less scummy than FL, so my vote switched to FL, who hasn't done much to shift in, IMHO.

"His next post is 351 and he says he's leaning town on FL because he has good posting under the new heat. But then right after that with only one 1-line post from FL in between, he votes FL for "schizophrenia, wall-of-texting to try and avoid questions, and the way his calm demeanour has completely cracked under any kind of pressure. " Two of those being things he'd said weren't that scummy two posts ago."
I said I was pleased with the improvement in posting style from FL, as the post of his I was replying to was less wall-of-text than previous. I certainly never mentioned his schizophrenic play and the way he cracked so completely to be town. In fact, these are what set my scum-dar off - because as soon as I said I was leaning town based on his change in posting style, he delivered a one liner, and has now returned to wall-of-texting and failing to answer queries with more than a couple of lines.

Oh, and FL's last post:
doesn't help him in mine eyne. If there was the option to ignore her, why didn't you, I dunno, perhaps suggest that? Or were you happy to let us roll the mislynch wagon down the hill to the noose? Looking back over 1.0, you were basically saying "I'm not doing anything until the fl situation is resolved" - in other words, "I'm not touching the vote button until you lynch her."
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Corinthian »

So Llama's going to jump his vote around to try and make people talk? Yeah, that's helpful.

(What the hell is a "same ignorance crime?")

I looked at 392. It's a really big post, but Llama never actually asks any questions in it.

So what do you want, Llama? Commentary on your commentary?

five will get you ten he tries to say I'm scummy for avoiding his argument. He's scummy for voting me just to try and get "answers" to questions he didn't ask.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Corinthian wrote:So Llama's going to jump his vote around to try and make people talk? Yeah, that's helpful.

(What the hell is a "same ignorance crime?")
Well if you arent going to respond to points I made against you, voting is a good way to actually snap your attention to the points I am trying to make. I voted KoC at one point because he was posting without really responding to a case I made against him either. It took a vote to get his attention and it seems like the same concept applied here.
I looked at 392. It's a really big post, but Llama never actually asks any questions in it.

So what do you want, Llama? Commentary on your commentary?
Yeah, thats the way cases go normally. People make accusations, people respond. It is not people make accusations, people ignore them because they arent phrased as a question. If you want though you can imagine an "Am I right?" at the end of every paragraph I wrote.
Co-host of The USL Show
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Farie, that's good to know armlx acts the same way regardless.
armlx wrote:
Also, LTG, SK meta is far different from mafia meta. The SK's goal is VERY different from the mafia's goal. As SK, especially in that scenario from that game, there was no reason for me not to be finding scum as otherwise they would be a killing group that was ahead of me in the game. Mafia would just be looking for an easy lynch in that scenario, not a lynch on a scummy person.
Ok. I was being far too general. I've never played an anti-town role, but I imagine a few of the tells are the same. Still I was being too categorical.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by CF Riot »

I've been semi busy lately, but I'm trying to address all the questions I've gotten since my last post. I've actually opened the reply box on 3 separate occasions and continued my post, but still haven't finished. (I'm saving it in a text doc, so it's not been lost.) Just frustrated that I'm still not done, so I thought I'd let everyone know I'm working on it.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by armlx »

Ok. I was being far too general. I've never played an anti-town role, but I imagine a few of the tells are the same. Still I was being too categorical.
Early game this is true, but once the SK can actually start scum hunting really well it starts getting different.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think, again, we're getting of course. :)

I'd like some content and a vote from Joubert, real bad like.

I know I need to do a not-FL influenced reread, but its soo hard when they're soo scummy.
Show

Proud member of BaM
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

armlx wrote:See, we would have solved the problem by assuming she wasn't scum and moving along while ignoring her. General plan for dealing with people who are lynch bait that you decide not to lynch.
Now tell me, could you get town consensus that she was no scum?
SpyreX wrote:you're saying you didn't agree, but you didn't TRY to make it not happen. You, by not arguing against or making a different real case with a vote, actively let it happen.
I concede this point. I could have voted, but as I said I rarely vote.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:06 am

Ummm... contradicting yourself there. You jumped on Manito with far fewer scum-tells, IMHO, than we had been given by forbiddan. That doesn't seem the action of someone who 'rarely votes' to me, it looks like the action of someone waiting for the town to mislynch, then pressing their case against someone else.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:30 am

Post by FaerieLord »

I am not contradicting myself in any way. Rarely vote means just that. I rarely vote. How many times have I voted this game? Once. That's not a lot.

But that's not it. Playing scummy = being scum. This is what you're missing. I saw Forbiddan's play as very scummy, but newbie town scummy. But you (and a good number of the town) didn't. You saw it as newbie scum scummy. The wagon was very strong. Strong enough to take up all the discussion in the game. Look at right now. The currently present wagons are not as strong, as right now, new ideas are still popping up. But new ideas when forbiddan was alive were hard to get. They were there, but people were too focused on forbiddan.

Unless somehow forbiddan pulled off some magical reversal, the game would still be at a standstill, discussing if she's scum or scummy. But now, with her out of the way, discussion has spread out once again. Meaning the lynch of a townie was beneficial to the town.

While I'm at it. Just because a person has fewer scum tells, does not mean he is less likely scum. If someone stays in the sidelines and stays as cautious as possible, it's obvious that he won't have scum tells to his name.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:23 am

But that one vote was thrown in on much weaker evidence than we had on forbiddan.
I saw Forbiddan's play as very scummy, but newbie town scummy.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you honestly saw her play as newbie town rather than newbie scum, why didn't you say so? Oh, wait, that's right, not only did you refuse to vote, but apparently you also refused to say anything other than covering your own hide.
Meaning the lynch of a townie was beneficial to the town.
It is NEVER beneficial to lynch town. As you said yourself, it's still one body the scum have to NK or get mislynched.
A COMPLETE turn-around. Scummier by the minute.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:56 am

Post by FaerieLord »

KoC wrote:saw her play as newbie town rather than newbie scum, why didn't you say so?
I did. Right here
Faerie Lord wrote:I'm not saying forbiddan light is town here, but take it into consideration that she might just be a very bad player, with all due respect to her.
KoC wrote:It is NEVER beneficial to lynch town. As you said yourself, it's still one body the scum have to NK or get mislynched
That is untrue... I just explained my reasoning, I won't bother doing it again.
KoC wrote:A COMPLETE turn-around.
Show me
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

Now tell me, could you get town consensus that she was no scum?
If, necessary, you could have been far more vocal about it if you felt that way. The thing is, really, I felt all along that you were fine with the lynch yet put in those qualifiers to look better when she turned up town (which you knew).
While I'm at it. Just because a person has fewer scum tells, does not mean he is less likely scum. If someone stays in the sidelines and stays as cautious as possible, it's obvious that he won't have scum tells to his name.
Thats what you DID all of Day 1. All of it. I dont understand how you can keep making statements like this when, by your own volition, that would reinforce my problems with your Day 1 play.
Show

Proud member of BaM
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:38 am

Post by FaerieLord »

SpyreX wrote:If, necessary, you could have been far more vocal about it if you felt that way. The thing is, really, I felt all along that you were fine with the lynch yet put in those qualifiers to look better when she turned up town (which you knew).
No. You are missing the entire point. First of all, being vocal is not enough to turn around an entire town. Second of all, that lynch was needed. If we had lynched someone else day 1.0, we would be discussing forbiddan yet again.
SpyreX wrote:Thats what you DID all of Day 1. All of it. I dont understand how you can keep making statements like this when, by your own volition, that would reinforce my problems with your Day 1 play.
But there's a big difference in the fact he went with general town consensus while I didn't.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

No. You are missing the entire point. First of all, being vocal is not enough to turn around an entire town. Second of all, that lynch was needed. If we had lynched someone else day 1.0, we would be discussing forbiddan yet again.
I'm not missing the point. Being vocal is a HUGE part of turning around the town. Silence doesn't get us anything. Not voting doesn't get us anything.

Now, I said that I thought forbiddan was scum because of the play AND that I didn't want her there at lylo. That does not mean that I lived and breathed forbiddan. Hell, her defense made me falter some in my decision.

So, if you believed she was town and pushed it some, maybe other avenues of discussion would have came up. Maybe not. It's a ballsy claim to say that all we'd be doing is discussing forbiddan STILL.

If you thought she was town, you should have said so. Hell, you could have said "I really think she is town, so I am voting for Y and this is why" but you didn't. You sat there.
But there's a big difference in the fact he went with general town consensus while I didn't.
I don't CARE what the town consensus was. I care that you, in that whole business, didn't vote for anyone. "I rarely vote" isn't going to cut it - especially when you come out voting the next day. We dont have power roles, or any fancy tricks - just deduction and a vote. Your play day 1 gave that away to the majority.

If we're going to talk about scumtells and all that, that right THERE is the biggest one to me. Your vote is your only weapon and you're saying that even though you thought the mob was wrong you weren't willing to wield it because you were afraid for yourself. That's why I think you're scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I don't like how Farie is bending over backwards to try to prove he hasn't acted scummy at least at some points. This doesn't look good...
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Manito wrote:even though it has pretty much been covered that Post #258 wasn't really cases, but more fluff deductions without much in the way of additional opinion or substance, outside of summarizing the post count/content of 3 individuals, myself included.
I disagree. Pointing out the low post count is expressing the idea that two people are trying to slip under the radar. He also explicitly gave his opinions on Gimbo, saying while eccentric as always, Gimbo usually doesn't sit the fence like he had been.

On your case being flawed, I think the "change in playstyle" case is logical, but wrong. Suspecting him for refusing to start other cases before handling Forbid was valid, but when it was pointed out that this was a problem FL proceeded to show his cases. Because of this, I think that point is no longer of the same value it was before. Being unsure of Forbid is not scummy. Forbid's case was confusing, and one should not be forced to agree or disagree with a lynch they are unsure of. Not voting D1 is a valid scum tell, but a situational one. I think in FL's case it was not scummy because he came in as a replacement once Forbid's wagon was at full steam, so nearly all of the posting revolved around that. This could make it difficult to get a read of anyone else before the lynch came.

Do you have no response to my suspicion of you outside your FL case?

@Spyre: Damn you. You make me put so much time into this game. Rereads!
-->Joubert doesn't have much content in this game. I don't have a good read of him in either direction. He did slip onto the Forbid wagon relatively quietly, but from how much of a case had been presented against Forbid by the town as a whole, it becomes a fairly weak tell to say he didn't give his own reasons. If I had to choose, I'd say more town than scum, because he does ask some decent questions and spreads them out among several people.
-->Bogre same, very little content. Sort of active during the Forbid wagon, but like it has been pointed out no real original opinions. I don't find any contradictions in his posts, and I don't see a motive for him to lurk right now. Again, neutral leaning town.
-->LTG appeared normal up to page 12. I personally didn't find the "random counter-wagon" idea to be scummy. I took note of your(Spyre's) clue about LTG and Firestarter both throwing suspicion into the K7/Forbid mess without voting. I hadn't noticed that on my own, so I'm glad you pointed it out. That was the first thing that caught my eye, LTG's explanation for it wasn't too strong, but not really scummy either. I didn't agree with his post 374. He says he should vote more, then gives his reasons for suspecting FL, then doesn't vote. Also I do
not
think Firestarter leaving his vote in the same place when Gimbo became Llama is any indication of towniness. In 394 he also says he "doesn't like Gimbo/Llama" (who Firestarter is voting for) but says Gimbo's actions are par for his town play and Llama hasn't done anything wrong. Basically, he's saying he suspects them but isn't going to make a case because he admits he has nothing to go on. Also he makes his vote for K7 is wishy washy enough to stay there if a wagon builds but leave if no one else votes with him because his reasoning is "lurker motivation". LTG is my only possible scum read of the 4, but the case I have on him now is weaker than my own cases against KoC and Manito.
-->armlx is the only player I didn't go back and do a reread on because I've been keeping up with his posts the entire game. All his comments have been logical and helpful enough to point town. They have also been concise enough and timed well enough to be good scum. Basically I don't have anything in game to suspect him for, but he's the kind of player that worries me because he is so reserved. I won't make cases on that though, so armlx gets protown read because he's active, helpful, and gives no scum tells.

@Joubert 406: No it is not the same. I didn't think Gimbo was scum in the first place, but said he is erratic enough to watch. I also made this point
before
he was replaced, and after Llama came in I dropped him to neutral. KoC had said FL was looking townish, and hadn't put much emphasis on his suspicions of Gimbo either. Once Gimbo got switched out, he then votes for FL, even though he was leaning town on him 1 post before.

FL 409: OK, now you actually have screwed up. "any vote I posted would be lost or considered scummy" is an amazing scum tell. Votes that are based on solid ground are never scummy, and are only called so when scum themselves lie to make it that way. The only people who must worry about their votes looking scummy are scum, because they know before they place the vote that it is "wrong".

KoC 412: Tunnel vision is bad, so it's not okay to just say "so what?".
KoC 432: Saying the Gimbo/Llama switch took him off your list does not explain leaning town on FL in one post then voting him the next with no new posts from him to go by.

This is the order of events.
1. You point out you notice FL's playstyle has changed.
2. You say you are unsure of him.
3. You say you're leaning town on FL because he's
posting better
4. FL makes 1 post.
5. You vote FL.

This game is crazy. LoS would be;
----
Manito
KoC
FaerieLord
K7 (current vote)
Firestarter
LTG (barely)
----

Lists should never get that big. =(
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I still think we should be lynching KoC, mantio or Corin here instead of FL. None of them have really given me any reasons so far this game to start making me think that they are town.

KoC is being OMGUSsy and ignoring cases against him today after tunneling and policy lynching fl D1

Manito was overagreeable and is now pushing a weak case on FL, which he now seems content letting others lead

Corin hasnt even responded to my post and has been a shadow with a vote this whole game
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”