kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:34 am

Post by kuribo »

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Towns are too timid these days. That's why bad scum players win games despite being flagrant.

In my day I'd hammer a null read without warning before the mod could replace him and the town would cheer

Now it's all BUT WHAT ABOUT INSIGHT FROM THAT POOR SCUM REPLACEMENT

like yeesh. I'm with nom on this. You think the slot's town? Convince me.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:36 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I'd like to also point out that Chennis should also know all of this shit he's been in a hydra with Volxen before yet decides to vote me for some reason.

You remember that shit when Volxen completely stop talking once he got caught and you started writing paragraphs after paragraphs to save the hydra @chennis? This is literally what's happening right now except he replaced out instead. Wake up.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:47 am

Post by DeasVail »

Also, thinking with perhaps slightly more certainty that you are scum, nom, is a complicating factor.

For the record, there are many little things in nom's posts that I get the impression are faked reactions, or approaches to the game that don't come from a genuine town-place.

I don't like the re-fixation on Volpe, the importance of noting Volxen-scum --> Volpe-scum (makes me worried about nom-scum/volx-town tbh)
- - Superficial reasoning with added "look at how town I am!"
My team didn't like the interaction with Volpe going from 2528 to 2550. They felt like it came from a fairly widely townread nom-scum who felt able to dismiss Volpe's suspicion due to "gamestate".

The approach to my slot is incredibly passive compared to people like Gamma and Maria who were actively trying to sort me/engage in discussions about me. The well-intentioned by misguided cheerleading in "DV looks really bad" and the "something isn't quite right" aren't really good enough. It's as if she's got me as a scumread ready to go but not until she has permission from the town to act on it.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2950, kuribo wrote:You think the slot's town? Convince me.
But you know I don't have a reply to this
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:10 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I make simple posts with simple conclusions I'm not the type to write walls and walls and most of my posts are reactionary.

I want to note and renote that if Volxen is scum then Volpe is scum so it refocuses the game on a simply goal for town since everyone and their mother complained about lack of town cohesion. That's cohesion and a simple goal to attain together.

Again if you have no reason to townread Volxen and that you can't disprove the meta argument, or bring forth a counter-argument, then there is no reason not to vote Volxen here. Voting me is like ultra gamble material and I repeat this again but if you lynch me right now this is disastrous as the last standing ability of my hood is quite strong in scum hands so do not gamble with the gamestate just because you can't accept that you have no reason not to be on Volxen and as a result no reason to vote me.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:13 am

Post by nomnomnom »

The objective correct move here is voting Volxen and it's mind boggling that I'm even a counterwagon right now honestly.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:54 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

VOTE: volxen
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 am

Side note - @GiF gobble wants you to ask RC for his read on Volpe.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:59 am

My team and I are fairly aligned on Ank and Gamma scumreads. None of us townread volxen.

For the sake of maintaining town focus, I'll consolidate on volxen. I think Gamma's push on me was disingenuous, but we can save that for tomorrow.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

Tbh the only real reservation I have with lynching nom is a volpe nightkill
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:20 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I don't understand the logic but I'll take anything that'll prevent you from making a gamble vote on my slot.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2958, EspressoPatronum wrote:My team and I are fairly aligned on Ank and Gamma scumreads. None of us townread volxen.

For the sake of maintaining town focus, I'll consolidate on volxen. I think Gamma's push on me was disingenuous, but we can save that for tomorrow.
I'm very curious what the source of your team's scumreads came from, especially since your team includes a member that has personally seen how I handle the back end of scum
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2961, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2958, EspressoPatronum wrote:My team and I are fairly aligned on Ank and Gamma scumreads. None of us townread volxen.

I'm very curious what the source of your team's scumreads came from, especially since your team includes a member that has personally seen how I handle the back end of scum
In case this isn't clear already, Blake Belladonna is me.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 2952, DeasVail wrote:I don't like the re-fixation on Volpe, the importance of noting Volxen-scum --> Volpe-scum (makes me worried about nom-scum/volx-town tbh)
I'm more worried that nomnom is actually bussing right now to later try frame but again, she pulls this same shit tunnel as scum so /shrug

This certainty that volxen is scum is really, really weird. If she was so confident on skitter like that she would have tunneled me way sooner since skitter has been SR'ing from the start.

I feel like she's just using skitter name as a shield to tunnel here but I'm also not interested enough on this that I don't care.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:31 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2963, Volpe14 wrote:I'm more worried that nomnom is actually bussing right now
If that's really what you think I'm doing then there is literally no downside from your POV about voting Volxen here. Just saying.

Also I sheep skitter in this very specific instance because I do see what she's talking about regarding Volxen, it was a short game and she carried 2/2 whereas she didn't in your game, of course I'm sheeping that read.

Vote Volxen with me now.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Volpe14 »

I remove my town read on Espresso by the way. I'm just noticing the fact that they are avoiding nomnom as much as nomnom is avoiding their wagon.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:34 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Espresso is town and their wagon is atrocious now vote Volxen with me all of this is nonsense.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:38 am

In post 2965, Volpe14 wrote:I remove my town read on Espresso by the way. I'm just noticing the fact that they are avoiding nomnom as much as nomnom is avoiding their wagon.
In post 2756, EspressoPatronum wrote:My willingness to vote nom earlier has kinda evaporated given how much I agree with her recent posts.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 2964, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 2963, Volpe14 wrote:I'm more worried that nomnom is actually bussing right now
If that's really what you think I'm doing then there is literally no downside from your POV about voting Volxen here. Just saying.

Also I sheep skitter in this very specific instance because I do see what she's talking about regarding Volxen, it was a short game and she carried 2/2 whereas she didn't in your game, of course I'm sheeping that read.

Vote Volxen with me now.
I've no reason to believe with this certainty that volxen is scum here at the moment. His lurking/replace patern is
exactly
like the second Open Red Flag. He also was wagoned the same way there and distracted from real scum.

He can be scum but there's no reason to not wait his replacement come here and give more posts. His slot currently gives actually no useful info at all either way.

If he flips town I'm going to want to lynch in my current PoE, again.

If he flips scum you're apparently going to frame me.

There's no reason to start with volxen instead of starting with us and resolving this tension first. It would let the game flow a lot better.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Actually wait, if volxen flips scum I'm not sure I still want to lynch nomnom but this tunnel from nowhere is really weird so I couldn't shake it off either way.

The moment I said nomnom v volxen is probably never SvS people began to massively wagon him and that's creepy.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:41 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2968, Volpe14 wrote:There's no reason to start with volxen instead of starting with us and resolving this tension first. It would let the game flow a lot better.
Are you high

We've finally got a real wagon started with people banding together to get this game going elsewhere than pointless discussions about nonsense and you want to go back to asinine 1v1s that last for 20 pages that will stall the entire game that everyone will skip? Are you for real?
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Volpe14 »

If volxen flips either way it's going to be the same "asinine 1v1" in Day 3 so no reason to lynch completely outside of that tension especially if you SR me like you said.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:44 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Nobody is going to seriously lynch you or me today it's a literal pointless discussion that will clog this thread once more like it did before, do you understand or do you seriously want to distract from the ONE positive action town has taken this game which is to wagon someone together? Because it's looking like you're trying to distract from a lynch here. Just don't make this hard man. Please. Nobody wants to do this not even you.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Like, delaying tension by lynching outside of it is exactly the kind of thing scum!me does because it makes mislynch'ing in later days a lot easier

example: pisskop/A50 wagon in Day 2 C9++. There was clearly a tension in TW that did need to be resolved for the gamestate but people kept delaying it for silly reasons (like A50 lurking or PK playing around) and it cost them the game in Day 3.

This is what is really asinine, if you've such a tension where both sides believe the other are scum (no backtracking for you/FL to say that I'm not scum now). Volxen has barely been wagoned and you were already connecting me with him. If you SR me that much (by the way skitter also SRs me) you've no reason to go outside of me.

Unless...

You know you don't win a 1v1 right now and want to go for either a easier lynch at the moment or bussing a partner to discredit me/Ank/other people later.

I've a lack of reasons to TR volxen but I've actually reasons to SR you in my opinion, even if you think it's bad.

/rant off
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:49 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2973, Volpe14 wrote:Like, delaying tension by lynching outside of it is exactly the kind of thing scum!me does because it makes mislynch'ing in later days a lot easier

example: pisskop/A50 wagon in Day 2 C9++. There was clearly a tension in TW that did need to be resolved for the gamestate but people kept delaying it for silly reasons (like A50 lurking or PK playing around) and it cost them the game in Day 3.

This is what is really asinine, if you've such a tension where both sides believe the other are scum (no backtracking for you/FL to say that I'm not scum now). Volxen has barely been wagoned and you were already connecting me with him. If you SR me that much (by the way skitter also SRs me) you've no reason to go outside of me.

Unless...

You know you don't win a 1v1 right now and want to go for either a easier lynch at the moment or bussing a partner to discredit me/Ank/other people later.

I've a lack of reasons to TR volxen but I've actually reasons to SR you in my opinion, even if you think it's bad.

/rant off
It's not about winning or losing it's that nobody wants to read us going at it because we've been going at it a long time for day 1 and doing this will literally kill the thread once more and I won't do it. If that's your shitty attempt at shading me for not partaking in something that kills town morale then I guess I am scummy as fuck, fuck it. I'm not doing this again. All of this is just posturing and justifying a terrible vote over the objectively correct vote anyway. Stubborn aren't you.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”