With
alive, it takes
to execute.

Act 2 ends (expired on 2020-01-23 19:00:00) on
January 23rd

Mod Notes:
Don’t be outta pocket.

Also 1917 is fire.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4501 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by chkflip »

The only way I believe there's an enchantress over a rolestopper is if I assume one of the pro-theorists is on the mafia team with one and latched onto or created that theory for future townpoints. Period. Otherwise, your "Occam's Razor" theory isn't any more credible than mine. Sorry not sorry that I'm not just sheeping everybody else here.

Welcome to mafia with chkflip. Enjoy your stay.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4502 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'll also point out that, under my theory, you're fucking lynching TOWN. And on planet chk your boy allows that to happen 0% of the time. Crazy, right?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4503 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4484, davesaz wrote:
In post 4436, chkflip wrote:Why are you 100% sure enchantress > rolestopper?
Because it's a BooneyToonz game and it's a role likely to appear in BT games.

Stop being so dense.
In post 4486, davesaz wrote:And it's my theory, not Titus's. Titus was the leap of faith VCA thing.
In post 4487, davesaz wrote:I've probably played in close to half the BT games, and had been researching how to mod one. I know what I'm talking about regarding role choices in these games.
Could it be wrong? Of course, I have no inside info. But I would definitely bet this hand in Hold 'Em.
In post 4494, davesaz wrote:Why the super deep involvement in discrediting the most likely theory? And defending someone who has done nothing useful?
I question things as town and expect it from others to an extent but not to this absurd extreme.
In post 4501, chkflip wrote:The only way I believe there's an enchantress over a rolestopper is if I assume one of the pro-theorists is on the mafia team with one and latched onto or created that theory for future townpoints. Period. Otherwise, your "Occam's Razor" theory isn't any more credible than mine. Sorry not sorry that I'm not just sheeping everybody else here.

Welcome to mafia with chkflip. Enjoy your stay.
Yeah okay.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4504 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4502, chkflip wrote:I'll also point out that,
under my theory
, you're fucking lynching TOWN. And on planet chk your boy allows that to happen 0% of the time. Crazy, right?
That’s the problem, you have never played in a Boon game and you’re closing your mind to that. Dave isn’t wrong. Iow, it’s POSSIBLE.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4505 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

Neither is any more possible or impossible than the other.

Just because you have more people sheeping you, with one that has now anointed themselves as Boon Historian in Chief (which is nothing short of fucking laughable), doesn't mean your theory is any more valid than mine.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #4506 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 4065, davesaz wrote:My interpretation of what Boon said is that the (role) abilities are what gets disabled.
Modifiers are not affected and desperate is a modifier.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4507 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Nice try Bambi, didn't work out this time with Aaron.

Back to DD I guess.

VOTE: Doctor Drew
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4508 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

Mars, if you don't have
literally anything
to say, don't waste my time with quotes from a page ago with a sassy two-word attempt to shade me further.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4509 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4497, Titus wrote:Balance wise, an enchantress makes a hell of a lot more sense than a role stopper because scum can block a cop and people from investigating them. Great in a game with an army of cops.
I think a cop enabler accomplishes a similar goal for scum and fits with an informed scum theory.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4510 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4505, chkflip wrote:Neither is any more possible or impossible than the other.

Just because you have more people sheeping you, with one that has now anointed themselves as Boon Historian in Chief (which is nothing short of fucking laughable), doesn't mean your theory is any more valid than mine.
In post 4506, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 4065, davesaz wrote:My interpretation of what Boon said is that the (role) abilities are what gets disabled.
Modifiers are not affected and desperate is a modifier.
Yes, I would definitely trust anyone’s understanding who has actual experience in Boon games over someone who hasn’t any. That’s why when you hire someone, you prefer someone with actual experience. Dave has, I do, you don’t.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4511 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4508, chkflip wrote:Mars, if you don't have
literally anything
to say, don't waste my time with quotes from a page ago with a sassy two-word attempt to shade me further.
How am I doing that? I just think you’re dead wrong and you were out of line with Dave. He isn’t talking out of his ass and you shouldn’t dismiss him like that.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4512 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:03 am

Post by chkflip »

I can't help you if you don't understand how what you're doing is bad.

I will say that I do get a little visceral and acidic when impassioned. I cut my teeth in this game when people weren't as koombaya my lord, but I'm not too proud to say that I don't mean anything more than I don't think this theory has any more backing than mine regardless of experience. Setup speculation is a very small tool in the big grand scheme of things and shouldn't be looked at as the say all be all.

There are also quite a few publicly recorded "normal" setups in Boon's archive of posts if that's the way you want to go. I'm more than willing to look at them and speak objectively toward that.

If I offended you, dave, I apologize.

I think that, honestly, we should keep the setup spec to a minimum right now as we're rearing toward the end of this phase and what has already transpired has made more than one person in this game vocalize how it made them tune out.

Bambi, 50, Haggle, Drew, Creature: those aren't viable wagons today. You're more than welcome to make a case and we can go from there but I really don't think we're doing anything but lynching either Drew or Nips.

Chemist, VnM: place your vote, please.

Fonz: I hope you're closing in on being caught up and can participate with us more frequently soon.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #4513 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 4472, Creature wrote:
In post 4470, Venus and Mars wrote:Why is Amrun your strongest sr?
Amrun is actually the first player I don't townread from the latest pages
Have you ever not SR me? Serious question.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #4514 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:48 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 4361, Titus wrote:No one should CC Joan and we aren't lynching her.

Scum likely have renegade and enchantress. Motivator likely scum too as they haven't outed the renegade and that's scum. (Supposing RCE is town and not faking his result).

So that leaves us with Dave, Creature, Haggle, RCE, myself, A50, Venus and Mars, Aaron Frost, Drew, Chemist, Joan, and probably chkflip but his posting makes me doubt him.

That leaves Amrun, Chara, Bambi Jay, The Fonz, Nips and Clemency.

All those slots won't vote Nips... just saying. That's damn near the size of a scumteam for a large.

Once again, I have good reason to think renegade doesn’t exist, or at least wasn’t motivated.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4515 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4512, chkflip wrote:I can't help you if you don't understand how what you're doing is bad.

I will say that I do get a little visceral and acidic when impassioned. I cut my teeth in this game when people weren't as koombaya my lord, but I'm not too proud to say that I don't mean anything more than I don't think this theory has any more backing than mine regardless of experience. Setup speculation is a very small tool in the big grand scheme of things and shouldn't be looked at as the say all be all.

There are also quite a few publicly recorded "normal" setups in Boon's archive of posts if that's the way you want to go. I'm more than willing to look at them and speak objectively toward that.

I think that, honestly, we should keep the setup spec to a minimum right now as we're rearing toward the end of this phase and what has already transpired has made more than one person in this game vocalize how it made them tune out.

Bambi, 50, Haggle, Drew, Creature: those aren't viable wagons today. You're more than welcome to make a case and we can go from there but I really don't think we're doing anything but lynching either Drew or Nips.

Fonz: I hope you're closing in on being caught up and can participate with us more frequently soon.
When did Creature become a viable wagon and didn’t Dave clear Haggle?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4516 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:20 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4514, Amrun wrote:
In post 4361, Titus wrote:No one should CC Joan and we aren't lynching her.

Scum likely have renegade and enchantress. Motivator likely scum too as they haven't outed the renegade and that's scum. (Supposing RCE is town and not faking his result).

So that leaves us with Dave, Creature, Haggle, RCE, myself, A50, Venus and Mars, Aaron Frost, Drew, Chemist, Joan, and probably chkflip but his posting makes me doubt him.

That leaves Amrun, Chara, Bambi Jay, The Fonz, Nips and Clemency.

All those slots won't vote Nips... just saying. That's damn near the size of a scumteam for a large.

Once again, I have good reason to think renegade doesn’t exist, or at least wasn’t motivated.
Motivated?
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4517 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 4494, davesaz wrote:Why the super deep involvement in discrediting the most likely theory? And defending someone who has done nothing useful?
I question things as town and expect it from others to an extent but not to this absurd extreme.
Yeah, not gonna lie, this does feel like too much. Why is he so confident that 50 cleared Nips last night?

BP
Hectic & Billy Pilgrim hydra.
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4518 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 4495, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4493, davesaz wrote:Wow, you failed to notice that Clem already said that he rolecopped Bambi Jay before the role got nerfed.
Did he ever mention what his read on her was? All I remember him saying was that role cops were also affected. There should be some role in here that makes millers make sense though.
He said originally that her role was more likely town. Then later he said he had to look up what the role did. So take that how you will.

BP
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4519 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 4497, Titus wrote:
In post 4496, Venus and Mars wrote:
That’s why I’m wondering if he has some knowledge that he’s basing that opinion on.
Me too, but I am used to the burden of proficiency. Maybe he is scum and knows I am wrong on Nips so he uses that to throw doubt on an enchantress existing?

Balance wise, an enchantress makes a hell of a lot more sense than a role stopper because scum can block a cop and people from investigating them. Great in a game with an army of cops.

I also don't think anyone doubts renegade exists either.

That's 2 variant roles. The willbooster is non-variant. A50 with his 1000 modifiers is not variant.

I have a moon logic theory about the third variant role but it came to me at midnight after a very emotional day. So, I'll punt on that to see if it comes out tmo.
Amrun said she had reason to doubt enchantress, but didnt elaborate.

BP
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4520 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 4515, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4512, chkflip wrote:I can't help you if you don't understand how what you're doing is bad.

When did Creature become a viable wagon and didn’t Dave clear Haggle?
I think you misunderstood him. He was telling our slot, Bambi, Creature, Drew, and 50 to get on wagons that were viable. All of us are voting low wagons at the moment.

BP
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4521 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Titus »

@Amrun, what reason do you think renegade doesn't exist?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4522 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:44 am

Post by davesaz »

It is fair to say that I am trying to claim proficiency and it’s fair to question it. No problem there. Likewise I don’t mean to downplay chk experience . Both are valid interpretations of events.

I agree that lynching possible town is bad but disagree that there is anything that makes nips more likely town than anyone else.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4523 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Titus »

It's possible Drew and Nips are scum combining wagon momentum and group suspects. Kinda surprised Joan's not voting with me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4524 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Bambi Jay »