Micro 914: CultD3 (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Kanna »

I’m getting low town vibes from Poyzin; his response to Farkran was good imo. Also slighter stronger TR on Korina because he’s just too real/unfiltered
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 226, Not A Korina Alt wrote:So let me get this straight No Lynch: I'm scum for RVSing you, forgetting I haven't changed my vote and re-voting you because I believe you're scum? That makes perfect sense!
Die.

My vote isn't changing.
Why does CL act this blatantly scummy?

Similarly Hectic wants to be tr-d but doesn't come across as wanting to be tr-d.

I could see you or me (or maybe shos) playing twtbaw as CL to subvert expectations, but if nl is scum I feel it's very likely they're just a cultist, and so I'm not interested in that. Also, I think the only notable resistance to that lynch is mine and I'm not cult, so...

Again, why not shos?
In post 270, Not A Korina Alt wrote:Also, I'm a guy, not a girl. Please use the proper pronouns, ty.
Aren't the proper pronouns Doggo? :P

I agree that Korina is probably town or at least not CL. He doesn't act this antagonistically towards me if he's scum I don't think.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 223, Null Vote wrote:
In post 196, Bingle wrote:
In post 193, Null Vote wrote:Yes. I am good in doing townreads, so I just do townreads and then lynch scum via POE.
That doesn't work at all in cult games, JSYK.
It should work on starting cultist and cult leader.
I have a different method which may be able to detect recruited.
Nope. Cult is actively looking to townbloc at the moment. That's the point of cult. Find the most towny people you can and work well with them.

Townblocking DOESN'T work in cult games, at all, which is like 70% of the reason cult games are so horrifically hard to win as town.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 254, Hectic wrote:
In post 241, Poyzin wrote:
In post 240, Poyzin wrote:3) That is the only read I have thus far stated, yes. I don’t like talking about null reads, and the best argument I’ve read about a lynch candidate is Korina’s points on ”no łynch”.
This is not an excuse, this is simply admitting that I haven’t been very helpful in terms of reads as I don’t have any posts talking about my own. Hectic and Kanna I feel are town, but that isn’t helpful in itself if I don’t provide any evidence for my reasoning, which I haven’t yet done.
And why exactly are you not providing reasoning on Kanna and I being town? Even loose uncertain thoughts are fine.
I feel like with you Hectic, you definitely have a visible drive to help progress the game, asking many questions and giving many townie responses, such as:

Spoiler: Hectic
In post 115, Hectic wrote:If the UTs exist, they can just claim tomorrow with no harm after they've possibly blocked a recruit. There's no setup with just 1 UT, so the cultists can't fakeclaim double UT before day 3, since they can only do that if they've recruited both PRs. Hope that makes sense.
In post 105, Hectic wrote:As far as I can tell, they can't be roleblocked and they actually seem a lot stronger than the other PR combinations, since they're so good for PoE when you get to Lylo (which they always will).

I don't think they should claim today, since in order for 2 cultists to pull off a double fakeclaim as 2 UTs, they would need to have recruited BOTH town PRs. So we definitely don't need to out any possible UTs on day 1; let cult have the potential of failing their recruit.
In post 128, Hectic wrote:
In post 115, Hectic wrote:If the UTs exist, they can just claim tomorrow with no harm after they've possibly blocked a recruit. There's no setup with just 1 UT, so the cultists can't fakeclaim double UT before day 3, since they can only do that if they've recruited both PRs. Hope that makes sense.
As far as I can tell, it was optimal to mass claim tomorrow rather than today because of the above, but it's too late for that now. I didn't realise Bingle had already claimed also, I thought his "not UT" was correcting his previous post.

I'm also Not UT.
In post 132, Hectic wrote:@Farkran: I see what you mean there, I hadn't considered the scenario where cult claim double UT while knowing there are other PRs that WILL counterclaim them. This is more fine then.

Kanna's TR follows the same logic, but there posts are more thoughtful than Hectic's, but equally as genuine in my eyes. Here are some of the posts that I like from them:

Spoiler: Kanna
In post 128, Hectic wrote:
As far as I can tell, it was optimal to mass claim tomorrow rather than today because of the above, but it's too late for that now. I didn't realise Bingle had already claimed also, I thought his "not UT" was correcting his previous post.

I'm also Not UT.
In post 132, Hectic wrote:@Farkran: I see what you mean there, I hadn't considered the scenario where cult claim double UT while knowing there are other PRs that WILL counterclaim them. This is more fine then.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Poyzin »

Spoiler: Kanna
In post 133, Kanna wrote:Still haven’t meta’d Farkran but since we’re doing this, I’m not UT either. Be back later.
In post 159, Kanna wrote:
In post 138, Bingle wrote:
In post 126, Hectic wrote:Therefore, we mass claim not UT on DAY 2 to prevent that, rather than day 1.
In column 3 rows 1 and 2 there is only one PR. If the sole PR is recruited, then cult can literally have that PR and the CL claim UT and town autoloses if they trust it. Therefore, any UT claim after D1 without specifically a roleblocker flip is untrustworthy.
Yeah it is too late; we should’ve discussed + agreed before we started claiming but I still think this seals the deal? ^ D2 isn’t reliable because there are setups with 1 PR and furthermore scum know what column we’re in so they’ll know if they’ve recruited the sole PR > from there it gets really icky
In post 214, Kanna wrote:
In post 181, Hectic wrote:
In post 167, Bingle wrote:
In post 151, Hectic wrote:Lul, Kanna's been a UTR in every game I've played in.
Have you played with Kanna scum?
Only this game.

AM I RIGHT, KANNA?

Actually, could I hear your read on Bengle so far?
hecticwhatareyoutalkingaboutdon'tsellmeoutlikethat

Also was asked for a readlist so,
<Hectic, Korina, Bingle>
<Farkran>
<No lynch, shoes>

<Sala, Poyzin> = ??? because here's absolutely not enough content

Top tier are naturally townie imo,
Farkran is townie, but I feel like it's more of a ~conscious~ townie
No Lynch, shos; partially POE and partially don't feel so good about their posting

Previous spoiler had incorrect quotes. Fixed.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by shos »

Beginning superslow reread etc.
In post 43, Null Vote wrote:Not_Cult Leader probably wants to instant hammer L-1 towns, right?
intent to put Farkran on L-1
This post is incredibly townish.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by shos »

In post 72, shos wrote:Are you not saying I did not mistake in not thinking you're not an alt of not a korina alt alt no?
In post 73, Not A Korina Alt wrote:@fark Because the L-2 happened before page 3.

pedit: I have no idea what you're saying shos.
In post 74, Hectic wrote:SH0S
this is hlarious

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by shos »

In post 78, Farkran wrote:My readlist so far:

TOWN
Kanna
Korina
Salamence
Nolynch
Bingle
Hectic
Poyzin
Shos
SCUM

Shos pings me as very sheepy and opportunistic so far. B
Poyzin introduction is by the manual "hi, i am scum and want to look town"

On the other hand i liked kanna, he can be town for now.

All reads are weak, non-detailed ones are even weaker.
I take issue with this post.
1. because why would anyone really try to form a full readlist in p3 of D1 where half the people barely posted? Sorts of feels forced, even despite the last sentence
2. shos sheepy and opportunistic? Is this your first mafia game evar? is this forrealz?
3. "I liked kanna"? is that one of the detailed ones, really?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by shos »

eh well I gess he's ok

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by shos »

Poyzin looks like newbtown

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 274, Kanna wrote:@Farkran; why did you suggest poyzin CL and Korina cultist?
Because of ... everything i said in my ISO about poyzin, and post 258 for korina. I don't think korina is the CL, i agree that CL wouldn't be this flashy. But any other cultist can take a hit, and even if that particular post is just a slight, potential scumslip, it would be poor play to ignore such things. It's not like scum would come out and say "oh right, i scumslipped, i need to die now /vote myself". It's not like i scumlocked them either, i just feel i am onto something.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by shos »

In post 100, Kanna wrote:Also goodbye readlist; I couldn’t make one
What makes it good then? Why could he make one and you couldn't?

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 263, Not A Korina Alt wrote:If you wanna see Scum!Me, look at Newbie 1949. If you wanna know what I know to be Scum!Me, ask.
Might check that later, but i assume that's not a cult game (being a newbie and all), so there may be very different behaviors appearing in here. Also, being aware of -past- selfmeta makes it more NAI than it should.

Post 269 is nice - would you say this is the best that town!you could do in this game? This question is not meant to belittle your play so far, just asking if you are sticking to what you said in the aforementioned post: being the towniest possible to get recruited later.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 277, Bingle wrote:
In post 223, Null Vote wrote:
In post 196, Bingle wrote:
In post 193, Null Vote wrote:Yes. I am good in doing townreads, so I just do townreads and then lynch scum via POE.
That doesn't work at all in cult games, JSYK.
It should work on starting cultist and cult leader.
I have a different method which may be able to detect recruited.
Nope. Cult is actively looking to townbloc at the moment. That's the point of cult. Find the most towny people you can and work well with them.

Townblocking DOESN'T work in cult games, at all, which is like 70% of the reason cult games are so horrifically hard to win as town.
I agree generally speaking, but does not apply to d1. Also i'm not sure if the first cultist would act super towny - he needs to be viable as a lynch later -not obvscum, just viable- so being specifically null would be a nice asset.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by shos »

Question
If we have col A or C, then basically we just have to Lynch the leader and town can't lose?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by shos »

Ebwop

If we have col A or C and row 3, then basically we just have to Lynch the leader and town can't lose?

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 278, Poyzin wrote:-snip-
I admit i am tunneling at this point, but why would you only consider Hectic and Kanna for that specific reasoning? I mean, even in your quotes they are mostly talking about me and my posts. How i am not included in that specific reasoning? I could see disagreement bias since i am pushing you, but i'd like to ask you what makes me less town than kanna and hectic from your POV if you assume i am pushing "player x" instead of "poyzin".
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 282, shos wrote:
In post 78, Farkran wrote:My readlist so far
I take issue with this post.
1. because why would anyone really try to form a full readlist in p3 of D1 where half the people barely posted? Sorts of feels forced, even despite the last sentence
2. shos sheepy and opportunistic? Is this your first mafia game evar? is this forrealz?
3. "I liked kanna"? is that one of the detailed ones, really?
1. Why not, though? Where's the harm in producing more content rather than less? How is it forced? Also, check my meta [cit.]
2. Your first and only non-RVS vote was post 116, out of setup spec which you later submitted to. Would you call that independent and protown? We both know that early d1 you push weak things, because there are no strong things to begin with. This is true for you, as is for everyone.
3. I talked about kanna earlier
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 290, shos wrote:Ebwop

If we have col A or C and row 3, then basically we just have to Lynch the leader and town can't lose?
If we lynch the CL d1, yes. If we lynch the CL later, technically town can be endgamed by having 2 cultists vs 2 UTs. I think. Actually the setup rules are ambiguous, they say "cult has to reach a majority", not "has to reach parity" which is the usual win condition for scum. I think it still works like that though.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Null Vote »

In post 267, Hectic wrote:COOL

Have I played with your main before, Nolly?
No, nor alts.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 290, shos wrote:Ebwop

7/9 setups are autowin from CL D1 lynch, yeah. Ever setup in A/B and C3.

That’s why I can’t be fucked to look for cultist, just cL
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 286, shos wrote:
In post 100, Kanna wrote:Also goodbye readlist; I couldn’t make one
What makes it good then? Why could he make one and you couldn't?
What?

What makes what good? Also how am I supposed to answer the second question?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Kanna »

@shos; what made you change your mind in the 5mins between #282 and #283?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 285, Farkran wrote:
In post 274, Kanna wrote:@Farkran; why did you suggest poyzin CL and Korina cultist?
Because of ... everything i said in my ISO about poyzin, and post 258 for korina. I don't think korina is the CL, i agree that CL wouldn't be this flashy. But any other cultist can take a hit, and even if that particular post is just a slight, potential scumslip, it would be poor play to ignore such things. It's not like scum would come out and say "oh right, i scumslipped, i need to die now /vote myself". It's not like i scumlocked them either, i just feel i am onto something.
Remind me what your reasons are for Poyzin because I ISO’d you and the main reasons I found were about inactivity and prodging. Why Poyzin instead of Sala? I also don’t understand your tunnel on them at all; i’m paranoid you’re targeting them in bad faith. Agree about Korina not being CL though
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Kerset »

quack