farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:01 am

Post by farside22 »

How about we try this instead.
LG: Did the mod say what if anything would happen if you broke your PR?
What about Immaginarty (aka Bruce) was anything stated about what would happen if you broke your PR?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Mirth »

SpyreX wrote:I assume the worst, so I doubt its going to help in the regular sense. On some level, I could see it though (I think the PR is faked).

However, you are asking for her to, in essence, modkill herself if she IS telling the truth.

So, I'm going to hold with it, but I really dont like what you just did.

Yet another
FoS: Mirth
Except I'm not. LG said that for breaking his PR he loses his night action for the night, I believe. So I doubt the mod would have different penalties for different players.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

I think its the flipside of whats happened already.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are different penalties AND, regardless, why would LG know exactly what happened when DBE got some very vague description.

We're running into more issues with flavor not matching than anything else.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

Actually,

Bruce, Albatross:

Do you KNOW what will happen if you break your PR? I dont care what it is, but do you KNOW?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Muerrto »

OMG!!! This is the best mafia game EVER! I have been laughing my ARSE off!

Bruce! Albatross! Ahahahahaha!

*rubs away a tear*

Ok, down to brass tacks

Vote: Darla

There are NOT two taunters and Spyre countered so that makes him the taunter obv

@Spyre(off topic): WHAT is your avatar it's driving me mad because I know I know it but I can't place it?!

I'm glad my predecessor never posted so I don't have to explain his posts =p

FoS: Chen

If you don't know Monty Python, fine(although why'd you sign up then?) but you can STILL play mafia which you DO know how to do so what's with the no posting?

Iron, Jordan, Killa, TSN, Az, LG, Internet, christ how many lurkers do we have in this game?!

I didn't get a post restriction :cry: and I don't have cigarettes either :cry: I feel so plain.

Never seen Mirth mirth-y but maybe she just really really likes Monty *shrug*

LOVE the Bruce and Albatross posts and think they'd have to be town since giving scum a post restriction like those would really just help them lurk and stay out of the spotlight(or contribute to the chaos in the case of Imagin)

Other than that, not a whole lot but OMG the hilarity. I was trying soooo hard not to laugh(I'm at work) with the whole Bruce explaining why he says Bruce and why no one else can really vote for Bruce because, Bruce, only Bruce can vote for Bruce. Priceless.

PS. I wanna be Dimsdale =p
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Oh and Albatross said he lost his night action for breaking his PR. Bruce didn't say what his was and I don't wanna know.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by imaginality »

Wow. A lot has happened since last time I checked in!

Expect a fuller post later, only on for a few minutes right now. To answer your questions about my post restriction, it was very clear: I'm allowed up to three
accidental
mistakes per game day without penalty, if I slip up any more often than that (or make
any deliberate
attempt to to get around the restriction) I get modkilled.
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
elvis wrote: Wouldn't you agree that faking a posting restriction is scummy? For some people who really have a restriction, adding to confusion is not their fault. If the restriction is faked, they are adding to the confusion on purpose. And that's scummy.
Exactly. Besides, trying out a post restriction just after the town is in a mood to confirm them, and then backing away from it, that's really scummy.

So my vote's staying on LG for now.
Are you serious? I never faked a post restriction, i posted something backwards for fun. I am not backing away from a faked post restriction because i never pretended to have one, I am ceasing to try out these random text changing codes because people like you take it too seriously.
Does voting for someone for posting something backwards sound rational to you in any way? It sounds like a cheap excuse to start a wagon.
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

farside22 wrote:I don't know if all mod's use safe claims. I haven't ever been given a safe claim. As Poker stated. I can see the same type power like two RB's, but not the same role.
Out of curiousity. LG: Did anything happen to you when you broke your PR?
After everyone assumed i had a fake PR and then i told everyone i was being silly, how do you, 2 pages later, believe that it was a real PR? Read the posts...
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

When did my name become Albatross? Sad times are these.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

Apologies to Farside, who i think is talking about Lord Gurgi.
TheSweatpantsNinja, my post still stands.
When Sweatpants says LG he means Luigi Gangsta, when Farside says LG he means Lord Gurgi.

Please don't use the term LG as it could mean Lord Gurgi or Luigi Gangsta. Please call us by our actual names or call everyone Bruce to save the confusion.

I'm gonna have to agree that i don't quite believe Darla, i looked at the skit from The Holy Grail, and there is only one French Taunter, I think the change of targeting ability seems a lot more likely than your roleblock ability and i an inclined to believe there is only one french taunter in this game.
I'm not gonna hop on the wagon just yet but i'll give you an FOS.
(No i'm not actually going to type it in bold with a semi colon, i don't really see the point in doing that with an FOS.)

I fart in your general direction.
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

To save confusion i have created a new abbreviation. TINAPR (this is not a PR) i.e i said it for fun, deal with it.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Unvote

Ok, I'm way too lazy to do a re-read, but apparently I'm getting the impression that Darla claimed and then got a counter, so I'll go ahead and do a
Vote: DBE
I'm back.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, I think I've confused myself with the abbreviations. :( I should have just stuck to Bruces.

BUT, I think the main point stands with what I was trying to pull out:

1.) Bruce KNOWS what happens if he breaks his PR.
2.) Albatross KNOWS what happens if he breaks his PR.
3.) DBE, however, does not.

When you add in the fact that we've got the same clip and the same role yet different abilities...

I personally think DBE is scum AND that scum now don't have safeclaims, which could come in handy later. :)

Only in Python could we have a day 1 like this.

Ohh...
@Spyre(off topic): WHAT is your avatar it's driving me mad because I know I know it but I can't place it?!
Attention interloper - heed this recorded message!
This drone-vessel speaks with the voice and authority of the Ur-Quan.
You are trespassing within Ur-Quan space.
This world, Earth, may not be approached for any reason.
Nor will hostilities against our orbital platform be tolerated.
In addition, your ship does not respond to standard Hierarchy identification transmissions and is therefore deemed to be independent.
This is not permissible -- only subservience shall be tolerated.
This drone now leaves to inform the Ur-Quan of your transgressions.
You are commanded to remain here and await the arrival of the Ur-Quan.
Disobedience will be punished.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

muerrto wrote: Iron, Jordan, Killa, TSN, Az, LG, Internet, christ how many lurkers do we have in this game?!
What? I posted
today.

Luigi Gangsta, if you were just having fun (being silly, if you will), then I'll accept that.

Anyway, I suppose its
feasible
that there are two Taunters, or feasible that both spyrex and darla are scum, but I think occam's razor suggests that DBE just got caught lying.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I will be LMAO at all of you for being so ignorant whenever I die and you see that I am a Taunter.

If you look back on all my posts I believe there may be ONE (not counting those outside my PR) that doesnt have some sort of insult, jab, or quote from the F.T. in Holy Grail.

Again I am very leary of quoting anything from my PM even partial after the incident in YAWYE.

I was given the posting restriction, saying that the penalty would be sent to me in the event that I broke it repeatidly.

The PM from my one post was a warning (my one and only) and I am assuming the bad thing might be a mod-kill as he was so cryptically vague.

anyways, been gone all day hope to post more tomorrow.

Really don't like Iron man voting without knowing why or reading. may sound OMGUSy but to me he seems v. Scummy.

(ps) go see Hellboy!
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hello again, just got back from the sheep dip.

My thoughts.

The fact that Bruce counterclaimed Bruce makes me much more inclined to believe him rather than her, because as others have pointed out, scum would be very dumb to counterclaim like that otherwise.

One question I have about that, which maybe someone with more experience can answer: is it normal for scum to (effectively) come out with their fake-claim so early on? The reason I ask is that to anyone with a bit of knowledge of Monty Python it was very obvious from very early on what character Bruce was appearing to be, due to her continual colourful insults. That seems like a pretty big risk for scum to take when there's a decent chance another player might have that role? It also makes me a little curious as to why Bruce didn't pressure her and/or counterclaim earlier.

I also wonder whether (and again this may be bad tactics so don't hesitate to tell me if this is a silly idea) rather than lynch Bruce today and then lynch Bruce tomorrow if Bruce does turn out to be telling the truth about her role, we might be able to find out more if we let them both live tonight? It seems handy to know that we have another maf already in our sights if we can find a different maf to lynch today. (Don't get me wrong: if we decide to lynch one or the other of them, I definitely agree that Bruce is the one to lynch first, I don't think it's a 50-50 call by any means.)

Certainly, I don't think we should rush to a quick lynch of Bruce when several other players still have significant questions to answer, such as the issues around Bruce's partial role claim. His latest post, voting without reading in detail and without addressing the questions he's been asked, is very suspect, and he really needs to address the roleclaim questions one way or another.

I also find Bruce's claim to still not have found anything worth talking about really, really hard to believe. He seems happy enough to pipe up when people are asking him direct questions, but is contributing nothing otherwise. Silliness and suspiciousness are all around us, Bruce,
surely
you have
some
thoughts on which of your fellow players seem dodgiest?

As for Bruce, after reading his latest posts, I'm now inclined to believe that he wasn't faking a post restriction. His backwards post did come around the same time that a couple of others were joining in with me in calling people Bruce, so there's some reason to believe his claim that he was just experimenting/being silly with that post. On the other hand, I continue to find him suspect for the other reasons I mentioned earlier, particularly his comment that his "character seems a cool guy but I don't know if he has any special abilities/restrictions". Bruce, could you comment on why you said that - surely your role PM would tell you whether or not you have special abilities or restrictions? (I'm not fishing to know
what
they are or aren't, I don't want you to roleclaim, I'm just curious why you made it sound like you're not sure what your character does.)
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:52 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

DarlaBlueEyes
(7) SpyreX, PokerFace, farside22, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi, Muerrto, Iron Man

Luigi Gangsta
(5) elvis_knits, DarlaBlueEyes, Azimuth
JordanA24
(1) The Internet
chenhsi
(1) Mirth
The Internet
(1) JordanA24
Bruce
(1) imaginality

Not voting
(killa seven, Luigi Gangsta, chenhsi, strappado)

With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch and 9 to No Lynch.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:53 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

imaginality wrote: I also wonder whether (and again this may be bad tactics so don't hesitate to tell me if this is a silly idea) rather than lynch Bruce today and then lynch Bruce tomorrow if Bruce does turn out to be telling the truth about her role, we might be able to find out more if we let them both live tonight?
Well, there's something to that. Both their night actions are potentially confirmable.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Mirth »

Muerrto, you're right, I do just like Monty Python. Me actually matching my name will probably not happen again.

I
really
don't like Iron Man's vote. "I'm too lazy to read or answer for my previous wagon jumping, but I'm going to jump on this wagon too" While Darla is the better lynch informationwise, I'm just itching to vote for him. Not going to vote for Darla yet, want this day to go on a bit longer. Actually, I'm really worried that both Spyrex and Darla are scum, and one is taking the fall for the other to get to end game. Or, scum from two different factions given the same safeclaim.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

LuG has 5 votes? Why still voting for chenhsi Mirth?

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Mirth »

LuG has 3 votes. The mod has a chronic speech impediment where he can't say the number 3.

I'm voting for Chenhsi because I refuse to jump on Darla's wagon yet, though Iron Man is begging for me to move my vote over to him right now.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Mod has a PR? /agree about IM, not switching however.

Albatross!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Mirth »

Nooooo mod is being silly and doing the thing where instead of 3 he keeps saying 5. See King Arthur.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:28 am

Post by strappado »

is it possible someone's vote counts twice?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Mirth »

Possible but if you look at some of my interaction with the mod, and his replies, you'd notice the 5 thing is just silliness in this case.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”