Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

Titus says based on early game MariaR and Fire's slot are good choices, nom based on votes
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In case anyone is wondering how my day has been:
Spoiler:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3542, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 3428, Ankamius wrote:he thinks both Deas and EP treated volxen like they knew he wasn't town
Here are my two relevant posts on the matter:
In post 3002, EspressoPatronum wrote: [...]
As I noted before, I don't really have a read on volxen so he's more of a null. I'm willing to consolidate on him anyway because I'm not getting a town vibe from him. His 11 posts total doesn't really help the cause either.
[...]
In post 2958, EspressoPatronum wrote:My team and I are fairly aligned on Ank and Gamma scumreads. None of us townread volxen.

For the sake of maintaining town focus, I'll consolidate on volxen. I think Gamma's push on me was disingenuous, but we can save that for tomorrow.
I was fairly open about not scumreading volxen. However, it was more important to me that I didn't townread volxen.
Dann noted this same interaction in his read on you because it gives you ability to push through that lynch without it coming back to you for pushing it through

I agree with him when he says that there's scum in those players that wanted deniability for the town flip on Volxen; he specifically noted DeasVail as the most egregious example, but he founds yours interesting as well because the way you ended up on him can very easily come across as "I'm going to help secure this mislynch but I'm going to try to avoid the backlash that the strong pushers will get from him flipping town"

it was ultimately your reasoning for being there that we have an issue with.

(eddie cane also thinks you need to be lynched today but I don't have specific reasons currently, they're probably buried in the discord somewhere and I'm too lazy to look for them until I have to)
In post 3542, EspressoPatronum wrote:A volxen flip also helped solidify my read on you:
In post 3002, EspressoPatronum wrote:[..]Worth noting that my scumread on Ank lightens significantly if volxen flips scum.[...]
Here's why:

Despite my early scumread on you, I kept town!you open as a possibility, mostly because my team told me how good you were at scumhunting. My willingness to doc you N1 was because you're a great target for kills.

Keeping in mind your reputation for scumhunting, along with your 4* primary scumreads throughout the game (Elements, me, volxen, nom), I know the following:
1. Elements was town
2. I know I am town
3. Volxen flipped not-scum
4. I townread nom

So fmpv, I am certain that you're wrong on 3/4, and you might even be wrong on 4/4. Volxen's flip was a chance at redemption for you in my eyes. His flip didn't give you that redemption.

I would like to reinforce that my scumread on you is not because of you being wrong. Rather, you being wrong is a piece of the scum!Ank picture.

Other pieces include your weird read shifts on me between D1 and D2, your consistent attacks of low-activity posters (ie. Easier targets for someone as active as you), and your friendliness to FL.

*It's technically now 5, as you SR Deas now. That's a new development though, so I'll need time to think that over.
ok, I need to nip this in the bud, because this has been a misconception about how I play for most of the last year now and I think this is a lot of what people are scumreading me for on a fundamental level.

my strength as a town player doesn't come from being able to identify and kill scum, because I actually don't think that style of play gives town the highest odds of winning. my strength as a town player comes from:

1. my ability to recognize town, even town that aren't very popular (read: volpe on day one, and if you are correct on nom being town, nom on day one)
2. my ability to recognize the lynchability of players and to manipulate them to match my reads (townreads = low lynchability mainly, with an emphasis on my townreads)
3. my ability to read into the game to see what scum are likely to do in the future, recognizing lose conditions and addressing them, etc. (gamestate reads)
4. my ability to reshape the game so that town recognizes what I see, and effectively forcing the scum to out to me in the process

if you looked at the three games I consider my strongest performances on the site as a whole (the three I gave are only from this year), you'll see that those games basically never feature a successful scum push from me. My strongest town games come from me shutting down town lynches and reframing the town's mind from an incorrect one to a correct one. doing this correctly basically puts town in a position where it doesn't even matter if I'm there or not, they will be able to close out the game and scum can't do anything without outing themselves.

it doesn't matter that my reads have been generally above average in a lot of my games in 2019, that's not what my playstyle is based around. I'm absolutely capable of getting correct scumreads, which my Blake experiment towards the middle of 2019 proved, and I'm capable enough of pushing scum down, but my experience over the last several years has proven that these things by themselves just aren't enough to consistently win games, not with the threat of being outright removed from the game always looming over your shoulder.

if this reputation of mine came from anywhere, it's probably because I've been studying my games, the game itself, and various other things to try to figure out how to consistently reach the levels I've been able to hit only occasionally in the past. I'm guessing people started picking up on it and it spread without any of the context behind that, so people just........ started believing it meant I was just good at finding scum I guess
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

and as an aside

me being functionally wrong is not a scum!ank-exclusive thing

I'm capable of being entirely wrong as town and I have enough self-awareness to check for that before making any major moves
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3543, EspressoPatronum wrote:This is the weird reads thing I mentioned in my previous post:
In post 2700, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 2695, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2690, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Ank what happened with your scumread of me from D1 to your read of me today?
my reads changed
Okay, but why and how?

I was your only scumread going into D2. How do you go from that to this:
In post 2430, Ankamius wrote:Remind me again why EP is scum
In post 2435, Ankamius wrote:Shrug

I want volxen tomorrow

Probably gif after that

VOTE: EP
Instead of answering the question, Ank deflected with this:
In post 2757, Ankamius wrote:What did you get from my games EP?
She put the onus back on me to answer to her instead of giving an answer my question.
it's very common for me to completely reshape my reads from day to day as town

when you look at the game as a whole, individual pieces being revealed can change the entire shape of the puzzle
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3544, chennisden wrote:Dude Ank didn't want a volxen lynch and complained about it in PT
half-true

it wasn't me not wanting the lynch, it was me wanting the lynch later

I tried to get skitter off my ass for not hard pushing him mainly because I'd have to burn so much of my credibility for a read I wasn't even entirely sure of and that had less relative value than nomnomnom's
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3546, EspressoPatronum wrote:Gobble wants to know why Ank is voting me today when she wanted nom as the counterwagon.

If Ank is town, doesn't that make nom look worse in Ank's eyes? Where does the vote on me come from?
I've mentioned already that a lot of why I'm on you is because two of my teammates specifically scumread you (dannflor) or want you lynched today (eddie cane)

I'm personally not townreading you and afaik they aren't thinking of nom anywhere near as scummy as you, so I'm ok with being swayed by that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3548, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 3540, Ankamius wrote:DEB can you go into your team's general thoughts on the game please
Perfect timing, Math just gave me a wall. I swear, sometimes it's hard being a good teammate.
Math thinks that with the Creature town flip a Town leader has yet to emerge, the joking post flip was pro town but we need to get a town leader. If we lynch another town today we're boned.
Titus keeps posting a million bajillion one sentence reads that have me like :dead:
She wants us to lynch Fireboi, and Math disagrees... MY DISCORD IS SO FUN
BB is mia
who does math want to lead exactly

or to restructure that sentence, who does he think CAN lead
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

this avi is getting really old, I need to take another one
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

wow everything said when I was asleep was really boring.

except for some of DEBs posts. Those were a 8/10 would read again.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3486, Ankamius wrote:Firebringer mainly because both dann and eddie think that slot's town
I love dannyboi but he clearly doesn't understand my obvious scum game.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am

Post by davesaz »

FL what are the colors in your lists (that you said you wouldn't color)?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3560, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3486, Ankamius wrote:Firebringer mainly because both dann and eddie think that slot's town
I love dannyboi but he clearly doesn't understand my obvious scum game.
is this avi better
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3526, EspressoPatronum wrote:You're cutting us off from information for no reason. Why not share it?
Same reason Ank "claims" to have silenced kuribo. (i.e. I don't care about the game. I'm egocentric enough to think about own urges and having fun and the rest of you can [redacted]).

Now I say she "claims" because that's what she says she did it for (which is silly enough a reason, don't you agree?), but I already explained I suspect it was done to provoke kuribo's anger to obfuscate the game status further.

Also, how am I denying you info when I said I'd be telling what the views are, just not telling who said it? How is "skitter thinks X" any different than "Amrun thinks X", "jjh thinks X" or "I think X" to you?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3527, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 3320, Firebringer wrote:my name has literal fire in it.

this is an outrage.
But you didn't start the fire, Ryan did.
Actually
it was always burning Since the world's been turning
. (Or are you calling Billy Joel a Liar??) :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 3564, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3527, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 3320, Firebringer wrote:my name has literal fire in it.

this is an outrage.
But you didn't start the fire, Ryan did.
Actually
it was always burning Since the world's been turning
. (Or are you calling Billy Joel a Liar??) :P
It's an Office thing duhhh
You're such a Toby
Spoiler:
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 3557, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3548, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 3540, Ankamius wrote:DEB can you go into your team's general thoughts on the game please
Perfect timing, Math just gave me a wall. I swear, sometimes it's hard being a good teammate.
Math thinks that with the Creature town flip a Town leader has yet to emerge, the joking post flip was pro town but we need to get a town leader. If we lynch another town today we're boned.
Titus keeps posting a million bajillion one sentence reads that have me like :dead:
She wants us to lynch Fireboi, and Math disagrees... MY DISCORD IS SO FUN
BB is mia
who does math want to lead exactly

or to restructure that sentence, who does he think CAN lead
You and A50 if A50 could get his head out of his butt and stop tunneling you .
You both have charismatic voices rn, but are both spinning wheels.
He wants to hop in but thats against the rules.
The wagon on you is traesh. Big doodoo.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3561, davesaz wrote:FL what are the colors in your lists (that you said you wouldn't color)?
Green is conf town, pink are just happenstantial.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by davesaz »

I understand what I misread, you were saying you wouldn't color yourself.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

D
e
a
s
V
a
i
l
(
)
:
G
a
m
m
a
g
o
o
e
y

k
u
r
i
b
o
(
)
:
F
i
r
e
b
r
i
n
g
e
r

A
n
k
a
m
i
u
s
(
)
:
A
l
m
o
s
t
E
s
p
r
e
s
s
o
P
a
t
r
o
n
u
m

E
s
p
r
e
s
s
o
P
a
t
r
o
n
u
m
(
)
:
A
n
k
a
m
i
u
s
M
a
r
i
a
R

n
o
m
n
o
m
n
o
m
(
)
:
p
a
n
t
h
a
l
e
o
n

F
i
r
e
b
r
i
n
g
e
r
(
)
:
n
o
m
n
o
m
n
o
m

N
o
t
V
o
t
i
n
g
(
)
:
D
r
E
a
s
y
B
a
k
e
F
l
a
v
o
r
L
e
a
f
d
a
v
e
s
a
z
c
h
e
n
n
i
s
d
e
n
D
e
a
s
V
a
i
l
k
u
r
i
b
o

W
i
t
h
a
l
i
v
e
i
t
'
s
t
o
l
y
n
c
h
D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
i
s
/
a
t
P
M
E
S
T

Spoiler: Unformatted VC
DeasVail (1): Gammagooey
kuribo (1): Firebringer
Ankamius (2): Almost50, EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum (2): Ankamius, MariaR
nomnomnom (1): panthaleon
Firebringer (1): nomnomnom

Not Voting (6): Dr Easy Bake, Flavor Leaf, davesaz, chennisden, DeasVail, kuribo

With 14 alive it's 8 to lynch. Deadline is 2/1 at 9PM EST.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3510, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 3509, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3506, Gammagooey wrote:Tell me the secrets behind your reads why is nom such a good lynch and what draws you to voting kuribo over others in the game
I honestly think nom is scum. I think that her posts are designed to make herself look town. I think her posting after the final vote on Day 2 and her posting about the kill Day 3 are scum pretending to have been convinced that Volxen was scum.
Can you point out a post or two that you think shows that really well? I can go back and find the context to it myself if you link it.

I remember you waffling around on your nom read earlier in the game (I want to say day 1 but it could have been early d2), do you remember why you had nom as possible town and why you think it no longer applies?
End of Day 2:
-
-
-
-

Day 3:
-
-
-
-

As for what made me doubt my scumread, I don't remember. I think it was just in that moment that I wasn't feeling as confident in nom being scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:21 am

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: Kuribo
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:17 am

Post by davesaz »

Does anyone know why Chennisden could not be targeted either night?
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:38 am

Post by panthaleon »

DV if you think nom is scum, why are you voting kuribo?

You're not scum again are you >:(
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 3573, panthaleon wrote:DV if you think nom is scum, why are you voting kuribo?
DV I'm trying to delve deep into your heart here and then you go and make another vote I don't understand it's frankly quite rude

I read a few of your links and they're not great but nothing super damning imo (though I'm going to read them again tonight when I'm not on mobile), there's a few posts around there that felt pretty genuine though (particularly nom mentioning she was laughing at creature coming in basically the second he was hammered)

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”