Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:25 am

Post by davesaz »

Does anyone know why Chenn could not be targeted n1 and n2.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:55 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3596, Ankamius wrote:Kuribo

Eddie is asking you if you disagree with him when he says that he isn't scumreading you but that scum pushed or voted volxen

The disagreement is everything but your alignment for clarity
I wouldn't call it a hard disagree. My problem with the idea of scum pushing volxen is that a number of my townreads were on that wagon and I have to do a deeper analysis and thought process to avoid being pocketed. Ego-wise, it's just the easy way out for me to look off-wagon, especially considering I'm voteless anyway. Probably not the best answer, but it's the truth.

Town reads being on that wagon doesn't ring as many alarm bells because it was a righteous wagon to begin with, and I'll never be convinced otherwise. And you know some shit? If creature had just claimed Vivor when he replaced in at L-1, I'd have come off him. 3P hunting isn't beneficial on Day 2, get some scum roped before you start figuring out which thirds need to die. But no, he had to get cute and wait for the hammer and troll the town.

The voteless and the two replacees were the only ones not voting anyway, so their lack of votes is NAI. I didn't like the counterwagon against nom, and I still don't like it in hindsight. Of the four voting nom at the time of lynch, one is dead town (Volpe) one is Vex, who I hard townread, one is DV who's starting to worry me because he's becoming erratic, and one is Ank, who's on my "I'd purge it with fire" list.

I'd be very surprised if that was an all-town counterwagon against a third party's wagon.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:13 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 3572, davesaz wrote:Does anyone know why Chennisden could not be targeted either night?
me neither
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 am

Post by chennisden »

And by the by
With the memories of a morose thief
VOTE: deb
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

ok

I'm going to bring the claws out because this game is getting absolutely ridiculous by this point. I'm going to state this bluntly because everybody still alive who is town needs to have this sink in, because fixing this gamestate is always going to be an uphill battle and the issue is with everybody, not just one or a few people. So.

This town has no cohesion. This town has no real threats to scum. This town has the single most amount of town players that can possible come together to solve this game. Yet, despite that, we've not only squandered this advantage up until now, but we've effectively given up before we've even truly begun to get anywhere in this game.

It's fucking day three, it's time to get your shit together and start putting effort into this game. There's no excuse with the amount of information available that there's
NOTHING
everybody can use to propel the game forward. There's plenty of 1v1s to analyze, a good chunk with known alignments on one side. There's four flips, all four of which either being contentious slots in of themselves or creating so much of the potential solving space we have available to us that it's absolutely ridiculous that the game is so absolutely dead in the water as it is.

If the game continues along its current course, town is going to lose.

If you doubt me on this, take count of the following:

1. The only successful lynch we've had was on a non-scum.
2. That non-scum was the only wagon that got shoved through very easily, while literally every other wagon got so much resistance that it was nearly impossible to get anywhere on any slot.
3. The amount of people only interacting with only 1-2 people or spending the majority of their time focusing on only their scumreads, or really anything like that is staggering.
4. Because of 3, there's literally no particularly strong townblock despite how many raw townreads I've had for just about the entire game, or really any strong universal townreads that the game can rally around.
5. The amount of people that are mixed reads-wise among the playerbase is way too high, and there's way too little relative sorting among them in order to properly reach a sort of consensus on them.

This game is absolutely fucked because I'm seeing a town that doesn't even care about this game. I get there was a modkill day one that cut an otherwise productive day short, but it's time to get over it and get shit done because it's been
WEEKS
since then. Get your team involved if they aren't already. If you can't bring yourself to give a shit about the game, be a voicebox for your team. It doesn't matter, just do something so that we can fix the game so that we don't have an embarrassing scum stomp on what should be the most intensive game of the entire event. We need everybody to contribute to this, because otherwise it won't happen.

If you need evidence that the scumteam is taking full advantage of this,
JUST LOOK AT THE NIGHTKILLS

- Farkran was THE SINGLE BIGGEST proponent of pushing the game forward on day one, with endless engagements and being so blatantly trying to sort everybody that it was nearly impossible to scumread him. Biggest of all is that
he was the obvtown with enough conviction to rally the game around him
, no shit he was killed. Any half decent scum player putting any more than the lowest amount of effort possible would kill him.
- Volpe14 was THE SECOND SINGLE BIGGESt proponent of pushing the game forward on day one, with the same amount of engagements and conviction albeit with being significantly less universally obvtown than Farkran was. I don't find it shocking at all that he was killed, despite not being a universal townread like Farkran was, because he displayed something nobody else had on day two:
the conviction to put his money where his mouth was and look to find the best way to push the game forward.
You might not agree with him throwing his weight behind me like he did on day two, but the important bit was the raw conviction and emphasis he put on that action,
WITH A DIRECT THREAT THAT HE WOULD MAKE ME UNKILLABLE UNTIL HE WAS KILLED FIRST
. Nobody alive in this game has gone anywhere near this level of conviction on anything, and that makes me really suspicious that what the scumteam are afraid of is town that can make the plays necessary to save the game.

If you all are just resigned to stop caring and let the game slip, then fine, I'll just take whatever nightkill I get (or whatever lynch if this town is truly so far gone that I can't even save them anymore anyways) and be happy to be out of this game. I'm not going to work to save a game for a town that won't work to help save it for themselves, but I'm not willing to just let this game die without making this effort, especially after a flipped town specifically trusted me to do so.

So. As for what I believe are the most pressing talking points that should be among those thought of as important to the game, I propose the following.

1. Of Farkran's and Volpe's scumreads on day one, who is more likely to be scum and who is more likely to be town, and why?
2. How likely is scum to be on Volxen's lynch wagon? Who is the most likely culprit? Why?
3. How likely is scum to be off Volxen's lynch wagon? Who is the most likely culprit? Why?
4. Who do you have townreads on, and do they townread each other? If not, why not?
5. Why are you struggling to get into the game, and what would it take to solve that?
6. What are your unpopular reads and why?
7. How caught up is your team and who do they think are town and scum?

There's plenty more, but that's just what I could come up with in about 20 seconds of thought.

For those that haven't been keeping up with the game, I'd start with reading through day two, and go back to parts of day one that interest you.
If you have teammates that haven't been keeping up but you have,
help them get caught up in the game
. Our single biggest advantage is that we have four times as many players that can potentially find every clue the scumteam leaves behind, and this is
THE
most important game for us to win.

Subject: Team Mafia 2020 Announcement
Untrod Tripod wrote:
Scoring

In the event of a tie, there is a tiebreaker. In order of importance:

1. Being on the winning side of the Large Theme.
So if you care about winning, put the effort in and start putting this game on the right track. It's time to start working on building a solid townblock to be able to communicate better, instead of just idly creating weak pushes on random slots all the time and achieving nothing.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3594, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 3592, kuribo wrote:This game isn't even fun.
I'm having fun.
Same
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3467, Ankamius wrote:Ankamius
chennisden/Gammagooey
MariaR/Almost50/Flavor Leaf/Firebringer
panthaleon/davesaz/Dr Easy Bake
kuribo/nomnomnom/DeasVail
EspressoPatronum

this is where I'm at roughly atm
for reference

I'm still roughly here although I'd like to start trying to polarize some of these reads so I can figure out how best to approach the rest of the game.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3582, Gammagooey wrote:my best guess is firebringer but you know I'm all about those spicy reads if you have any for me
I am a spicy scumread

I am also confirmed scum :)
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:08 am

Post by chennisden »

we should kill deb or nom, dont @ me
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3604, Ankamius wrote:I'm going to bring the claws out because this game is getting absolutely ridiculous by this point. I'm going to state this bluntly because everybody still alive who is town needs to have this sink in, because fixing this gamestate is always going to be an uphill battle and the issue is with everybody, not just one or a few people. So.
Don’t be the fun police ank

U don’t look good in a police uniform
Show

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 am

Post by chennisden »

Oh I just realized I have no opinion on EP should probably do something about that
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

Mafia is supposed to be fun first and like challenging/skill/effort second

And so many people say “fuck fun I want to win” that’s truly a tragedy
Show

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

idk about you fire

but I don't find watching town slowly kill itself to be fun
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:13 am

Post by panthaleon »

I mean it's early enough I'm also happy to lynch FB to make the day phase suck less with less trolling. After my last large theme with him, I do skip most of what he posts.

Though I'm still interested in seeing DV respond to my post first
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3612, Ankamius wrote:idk about you fire

plus it's wonderful to just have fun in a game and get scumread for not having enough of a presence

so
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Firebringer »

It’s a game and the more u care the more u will be disappointed lossen up do ur best to play it without it letting it affect u and throw in a few shit posts between
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3613, panthaleon wrote:I mean it's early enough I'm also happy to lynch FB to make the day phase suck less with less trolling. After my last large theme with him, I do skip most of what he posts.

Though I'm still interested in seeing DV respond to my post first
That’s the spirit!!!!
Show

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3615, Firebringer wrote:

It’s a game and the more u care the more u will be disappointed lossen up do ur best to play it without it letting it affect u and throw in a few shit posts between
did you read the same game as me?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3617, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3615, Firebringer wrote:

did you read the same game as me?
This game isn’t nearly entertaining enough to read friendo
Show

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

then you have no idea where this is coming from fire
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:21 am

Post by panthaleon »

Imagine replacing into a game, spamming and trolling, and then complaining the game isn't interesting enough for your time
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Firebringer »

I ain’t complaining, just pointing out facts
Show

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:26 am

Post by chennisden »

I'm very scared people are townreading me to the extent they are and I think it's probably strategic
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Firebringer »

Chennisden how do I keep u in my pocket forever
Show

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:27 am

Post by chennisden »

Despite that Ank is near locktown for me

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”