raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:34 am

Post by raider8169 »

ting =) wrote:Is there a point you're trying to make with this back and forth?
Nope, just passing on my thoughts and hoping people will add their 2 cents.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Matin »

darkdude wrote: The first quote was me paraphrasing. I am aware that flavour-wise in this game, night kills won't really be "kills" but "cop arrests", because this is what the flavour in my role message says. Seeing as there's no flavour text in the vanilla town role message to indicate this,
I didn't want to confuse anyone by talking about being "arrest-immune"
, since I'm pretty sure they are the same as night kills.

Game-wise my role message says I'm immune to all night attacks.
So I'm pretty sure I get similar protection against vig/sk attacks.
This isn't clicking for me.

If you didn't want to confuse anyone and your role message said you were immune to all night attacks, why does your first post on the matter say "I cannot be arrested by rats". Seems like your first post contradicts your later explanation. Am I missing something?

Sorry to press here, but something smells funny.

Outside of Chenshi prodding people for inactivity and then disappearing, this is the most intriguing thing to me right now..
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by darkdude »

If you didn't want to confuse anyone and your role message said you were immune to all night attacks, why does your first post on the matter say "I cannot be arrested by rats". Seems like your first post contradicts your later explanation. Am I missing something?
Well I don't know how to better explain it:

I did a quick summary of my role, briefly restating parts of both the flavour text and mechanic text. If I had only left it at "I cannot be arrested by rats", then it would be confusing, but I believe I also added a part saying that game-wise this translates to NK immunity.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Matin »

darkdude wrote: Well I don't know how to better explain it:

I did a quick summary of my role, briefly restating parts of both the flavour text and mechanic text. If I had only left it at "I cannot be arrested by rats", then it would be confusing, but I believe I also added a part saying that game-wise this translates to NK immunity.
They were separate posts, on separate days though.

In the first one you said you can't be arrested by rants.

In the later one you said you have total NK immunity

In the following explanation you said you didn't want to confuse the town by saying you were "arrest immune", which is what you did in the first post..

Something isn't clicking for me...

Meh, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here, I'll leave the town to consider..
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by darkdude »

My entire first post:
darkdude wrote:Hi. :P

Okay, hear me, because I have a better way to get this game roling than random votes :wink: .

I have thought about this for a bit, and I have come to a decision. I shall role claim now.

I am Guido Gnocchi and I have family connections with the top officials in the police department so I cannot be arrested by the rats.
Basicaly, as far as I know I have no powers but a passive protection that prevents me from being succesfully eliminated during night. Sounds like the standard bulletproof townie role.

I decided to claim now because I believe the benefits are much greater for town if I claimed now than later. I have considered trying to make use of my
night-immortality
to try to lure scum, but Cicero's rule #10 prevented any breadcrumbing. I didn't like the risk of having this great town asset accidentally lynched. Having a town with an open role that isn't afraid to speak against scum seems like a much better option. And personally, making elaborate plans isn't my forte, so I just like to make use of my blunt and to-the-point playstyle to scumhunt. By claiming now I have a easier time to go around scumhunting since my intentions are open for all to see. I also believe the town has the advantage of gaining additional information due to my claim.

No, I'm not a power role trying to hide in plaine sight. Though if scum wants to test their WIFOM luck they can be my guest. :D

Now, the existence of my role implies that Scum is most likely more powerful than one would expect in a normal Mini. Also I have considered the possibility that my immortality doers not guarrantee my protection 100% of the time. I recently played a game on another forum where the scum had the ability to kidnap, which incapacitates a player but not kill them. So it is possible I am not immune to all scum actions. Either way, I think we should expect to seer some things outside of ordinary Minis, even though this is a "Normal Mini".
Bolded is me paraphrasing the flavour text; underlined is me paraphrasing the mechanic text.
Ennui2778
Ennui2778
Townie
Ennui2778
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Ennui2778 »

darkdude wrote:Raider seems to have a love for clear consensus. :D
But it still doesn't make much sense if he's doing this because he is scum. That would imply he does not know of a role in his faction that could counter me.
This opens an interesting point, how many factions are there?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 am

Post by raider8169 »

I would assume only on other factions as the description said pigs. Plus with 12 people I also am guessing there are 3 of them. Anyone else thinking otherwise?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by darkdude »

What is the purpose of guessing setup? We can't assume it is true and base any moves on it, because it is unlikely we can outguess our moderator. Making guesses at how many scum there are doesn't help much does it...?

Could we get prod on Cubsfan?

Unvote

Vote: Chenhsi

Cause I think he's doing more intentional lurking than just making contentless posts. He has posted elsewhere (Other Games section) without replying to anything here.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by raider8169 »

darkdude wrote:What is the purpose of guessing setup? We can't assume it is true and base any moves on it, because it is unlikely we can outguess our moderator. Making guesses at how many scum there are doesn't help much does it...?

Could we get prod on Cubsfan?

Unvote

Vote: Chenhsi

Cause I think he's doing more intentional lurking than just making contentless posts. He has posted elsewhere (Other Games section) without replying to anything here.
I was thinking the same thing, and after looking everything up for myself I have come to the same conclusion.

Vote Chenhsi

This should be the third vote and my first mafia bandwagon!
Ennui2778
Ennui2778
Townie
Ennui2778
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Ennui2778 »

vote- Chenhsi
for all the reasons everyone else did. He's gone beyond simply being quiet and is now nefarious.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Yay, a bandwagon... :(

Am I supposed to say something? (This is a rhetorical question)

Yeah, probably, but ... I have nothing to say!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

chenshi, you generally defend a bandwagon like that. I was prepared to go at bat for you saying I didn't like how quickly that bandwagon started, but if you are going to roll over without a defense, I can't say I blame them. I'm not gonna join it because I'm not fully convinced that you didn't have good reason, but I want to hear that reason, and fast. Your saving grace is the fact no one has provided more reason than your really annoying lurkiness, and there was too much "I agree" to see that wagon as really legit.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by darkdude »

Request replacement: Chenhsi

Do we really have to deal with someone who doesn't want to play? Or is that a new valid strategy?
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

The "can't be arrested by rats" does nothing to suggest he would be immune to all night-kills from a Vig or such. It seems to be an interesting contradiction that reeks of scummy play. Then I find it interesting how when questioned about it he immediately transitions to "lynch the lurker". Quite the nice distraction for him, I believe.

Vote: Darkdude
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Can you ask me a question?

I'm not really good at saying stuff when no one is asking me a question.
Ennui2778
Ennui2778
Townie
Ennui2778
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Ennui2778 »

Why don't you talk?

That direct enough for you?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:06 am

Post by raider8169 »

chenhsi wrote:Can you ask me a question?

This is not the same play style you have for other games, so why are you so quiet now?

You actions are quite anti-town and are only helping scum. As it stands I am happy with you being the first lynch.
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:08 am

Post by Ghyrt »

(If anyone was wondering, I haven't died. I've just haven't gotten around to reading. Will do sometime this weekend)
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Cass »

chenhsi wrote:Can you ask me a question?

We just want some participation. Pick any post, any question in this game and respond to it. Proof to us that you are even reading it. Or analyze anyone of the other participants. If that's not direct enough, here's some questions:

How do you feel about lynching people for not participating? Do you think, for example, Ghyrt or you? Are you enjoying this game or do you agree with DarkDude that you should be replaced?
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:The "can't be arrested by rats" does nothing to suggest he would be immune to all night-kills from a Vig or such. It seems to be an interesting contradiction that reeks of scummy play. Then I find it interesting how when questioned about it he immediately transitions to "lynch the lurker". Quite the nice distraction for him, I believe.

Vote: Darkdude
To be fair, I'd rather test his claim with a potential vig shot. Make him untouchable today, and if there is a vig, hope they choose to shoot him. If there is no vig, or they choose not to shoot him, just lynch him then. Well, actually, lynch him if the evidence still supports it, but you get the idea. And of course, if there is a vig and he shoots darkdude without success, then we can trust his claim more, likely.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:05 am

Post by darkdude »

The "can't be arrested by rats" does nothing to suggest he would be immune to all night-kills from a Vig or such. It seems to be an interesting contradiction that reeks of scummy play. Then I find it interesting how when questioned about it he immediately transitions to "lynch the lurker". Quite the nice distraction for him, I believe.
Hey, please READ my last post regarding this. I didn't just come out with "NK-immune to all attacks" out of nowhere after my claim. It was there since the beginning.

Great, now we have 2 players who aren't doing anything useful. Guys, we are here because we actually WANT to play, so if you're not taking it seriously you're hurting us not only as TOWN but as PLAYERS.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:08 am

Post by chenhsi »

Ennui2778 wrote:Why don't you talk?
Because I can't find anything to say?
raider8169 wrote:This is not the same play style you have for other games, so why are you so quiet now?
This is exactly the same play style I use in all my games.

I'll answer the other questions later, I need to go...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:31 am

Post by darkdude »

This is exactly the same play style I use in all my games.
I feel sad.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by cicero »

Day One Vote Count 4
[/b]

raider8169[1] (Ting =) )
chenhsi[5] (Ghyrt, Cass, darkdude, raider8169, Ennui2778)
darkdude[1] Cubsfanforever

Not Voting[5] (chenhsi, The Fonz, Matin, Forbiddenlight, Kison)

With 12 Alive 7 will lynch
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ugh...yanno what? If Chenshi doesn't actually defend himself before 9 PM EST tomorrow, I'll take him to L-1. I mean, at first I thought it was a really crazy wagon, but judging by his reactions, he's rolling over and dying, possibly in an AtE. It's scummy.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”